Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 91. (Read 877846 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
What speeds should be achievable on WhirlpoolX with a 290x, 290, and 280x? Any reason for 32bit releases being faster than 64bit? Or am I misconfiguring something?

On the stock kernel you should be able to get 160-165MH on a 290 and around 145 on a 280X Smiley

What kind of config settings are you using for your 290? Or is it overclocked?  I get about 155 on my reference 290x, not overclocked.

Overclocked yes.

Settings:

xintensity : 4096
worksize": 256
engine:1100
memclock :1250
threads : 2

you can thank Zuikkis for those settings.

greets
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
What speeds should be achievable on WhirlpoolX with a 290x, 290, and 280x? Any reason for 32bit releases being faster than 64bit? Or am I misconfiguring something?

On the stock kernel you should be able to get 160-165MH on a 290 and around 145 on a 280X Smiley

What kind of config settings are you using for your 290? Or is it overclocked?  I get about 155 on my reference 290x, not overclocked.
Activity: 152
and unless there is no stock kernel for  WhirlpoolX ?? OO
280X - 135M\H Max my rigs...
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?

Activity: 181
Still no lyre2re in the main git.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Sorry it took so long, but I haven't had much free time lately.
Pluck, and Whirlpoolx have now been added to my build.
Source is up and binaries have been updated.
As always, you can get them from my sig.

Thanks badman74, we've added your binary to our download page (since this binary is currently the most up-to-date binary): https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#sgminer

btw: your GIT version still shows "sgminer 4.2.2-323-g78ac" ... it would be nice if you would update it to "sgminer 5.1.0-xxx"

Here is a small tip for you: https://blockchain.info/tx/061b164814f66c48b6a180c337f25438cc990fef49e37b7318780748bea1e4c4
I have tried....
Everything is updated, but when i build from git it still comes up with 4.2.2 for some odd reason.
The only way i know for sure that will work would be deleting the whole thing, re-forking it and then adding back all my changes.....

if it's a git-related problem, you could try some of those:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9683279/make-the-current-commit-the-only-initial-commit-in-a-git-repository
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Try 13, like damm315er is using.

Thx wolf, 13 is giving me 240. Still far away from +300

Try xI 3 or 4, but specify thread concurrency with it. Set it to 16384.

Also, what clocks?

I know this was a while ago but ystarnaud said that xintensity and rawintensity are unused.  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9475388

That was on Nov. 7 so I guess xI does now work with neo.  That's good news I was about to make a bunch of bins with different intensities with the 13.12 drivers and then upgrade to 14.6 rc2.  Is making bins with 13.12 a waste of time?

xI works on SG5 dev, and the wolf build. (although I've had crap luck using both xintensity and rawintensity because my GPU's are in the bottlenecked category)

The bin creation then driver upgrade isn't required for SGminer, it is only required on CGminer.  With SGminer, install the 14.9 or later drivers on the machine, and drop the 14.6 files in the SGminer folder.

Last I knew, to solo mine still requires CGminer tho.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Using 13.12 isn't required at all with my kernels, whether you use CGMiner or SGMiner. Solo mining requires CGMiner - SGMiner cannot do it currently.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Thanks badman74, we've added your binary to our download page (since this binary is currently the most up-to-date binary): https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#sgminer

btw: your GIT version still shows "sgminer 4.2.2-323-g78ac" ... it would be nice if you would update it to "sgminer 5.1.0-xxx"

Here is a small tip for you: https://blockchain.info/tx/061b164814f66c48b6a180c337f25438cc990fef49e37b7318780748bea1e4c4
I have tried....
Everything is updated, but when i build from git it still comes up with 4.2.2 for some odd reason.
The only way i know for sure that will work would be deleting the whole thing, re-forking it and then adding back all my changes.....
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Ok, I did a multi-algo version myself, source available from HERE.

This is based on badman74's latest version, so includes Lyra2E, Pluck and WhirlpoolX algos.

Don't ask for windows builds, sorry.

Are you sure this is based on latest badman74's version from here: https://github.com/badman74/sgminer? Because I've noticed two issues: "--difficulty-multiplier 2" issue is not resolved in your source (but is in badman74's git version) and Lyra2RE algo only works with "Lyra2RE" algorithm acronym, but not with "lyra2re".

Huh sorry, my mistake. Actually it's based on djm34's version, that's why it also has Pluck which badman74 doesn't have.

Someone should gather all these versions together in the main sgminer git..
If I get time this weekend I will try to get all that added to my version.

I am running the NiceHash Linux binaries posted on 12-20-2014, with Wolf0's x11 *.bin files.  With my 280X rig, I get about 6.6 mh/s on x11, but it is not so stable.  I also get about 1.1mh/s with Lyra2RE, it is more stable.

If Badman74 can put together a good, stable release with the best of the best improvements, I think many AMD miners would appreciate it.  Wolf0's kernels and *.bin files are legendary, but the "salty" leaked bins are as he says, salty.

I hope that Linux binaries are released.  I've compiled many times, but then I never know if the error(s) I get are mine or in the code.

Currently, the best code can do multi-algo, multi-algo autoswitch, and on-event commands, if the JSON.conf file is properly written.  But I don't know if there is one sgminer that can do it all well.  I gave up looking at all the different versions and stuck with NiceHash's Christmas binaries.       --scryptr
It was only the wind.
Activity: 169
@kenshirothefist couple of my miner have been blocked again, most probably by your ddos/firewall again. You really need to tweak up those ddos/firewall settings.
It happens couple of times these last few weeks, reducing profit a lot. Almost every time i wake up theres always a miner thats blocked and cant connect to the stratum, and must wait couple of hours to connect again. This is really annoying. I bet these happens to a lot of people also, it's just that they dont always monitor every single miner like i do.
Also, you're the only mining pool that has this kind of problem. I've never encounter this problem with other pools i've used like multipool, coinotron, etc. Please fix this asap. Thanks.

I've also noticed some weird behavior from westhash over the last 12 hours.  Same symptoms as above plus it appears my unpaid balance suddenly dropped around 12 hours ago.  Take a look at the top 7 hashers on x11 at westhash.  The top 5 had their unpaid balance suddenly jump while the 6th and 7th had their's suddenly drop (with no recorded payments), all around 12 hours ago.  If somehow this is normal I've never seen it.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
@kenshirothefist couple of my miner have been blocked again, most probably by your ddos/firewall again. You really need to tweak up those ddos/firewall settings.
It happens couple of times these last few weeks, reducing profit a lot. Almost every time i wake up theres always a miner thats blocked and cant connect to the stratum, and must wait couple of hours to connect again. This is really annoying. I bet these happens to a lot of people also, it's just that they dont always monitor every single miner like i do.
Also, you're the only mining pool that has this kind of problem. I've never encounter this problem with other pools i've used like multipool, coinotron, etc. Please fix this asap. Thanks.
It was only the wind.
I think Wolf0's private kernel is about 60% faster...

More like 85% - 90%.
Activity: 171
I would donate, but unfortunately I wouldn't be benefiting all that much from an optimization... As in, I'm really only fooling around with this as a new hobby, or rather, way to learn about things purely out of interest Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Ok, I did a multi-algo version myself, source available from HERE.

This is based on badman74's latest version, so includes Lyra2E, Pluck and WhirlpoolX algos.

Don't ask for windows builds, sorry.

Are you sure this is based on latest badman74's version from here: https://github.com/badman74/sgminer? Because I've noticed two issues: "--difficulty-multiplier 2" issue is not resolved in your source (but is in badman74's git version) and Lyra2RE algo only works with "Lyra2RE" algorithm acronym, but not with "lyra2re".

Huh sorry, my mistake. Actually it's based on djm34's version, that's why it also has Pluck which badman74 doesn't have.

Someone should gather all these versions together in the main sgminer git..
If I get time this weekend I will try to get all that added to my version.

I am running the NiceHash Linux binaries posted on 12-20-2014, with Wolf0's x11 *.bin files.  With my 280X rig, I get about 6.6 mh/s on x11, but it is not so stable.  I also get about 1.1mh/s with Lyra2RE, it is more stable.

If Badman74 can put together a good, stable release with the best of the best improvements, I think many AMD miners would appreciate it.  Wolf0's kernels and *.bin files are legendary, but the "salty" leaked bins are as he says, salty.

I hope that Linux binaries are released.  I've compiled many times, but then I never know if the error(s) I get are mine or in the code.

Currently, the best code can do multi-algo, multi-algo autoswitch, and on-event commands, if the JSON.conf file is properly written.  But I don't know if there is one sgminer that can do it all well.  I gave up looking at all the different versions and stuck with NiceHash's Christmas binaries.       --scryptr
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Welcome sages of mining.
I got the results sgminer 5.1

algorithm X11:
280X - 6.6 n/h
270 -   4.1 m/h

algorithmX13
280x - 4.8m/h
270 -  3m/h

algorithm WhirlpoolX
280x - 127m/h
270 -  87m/h

Please tell me this is a good speed and I'm behind the train?

I have only 280x, mining x11 and that's pretty much good hash rate, I have the same..you can go even higher but if its runs stable on 6,6 m/s I'll stick to that.
Activity: 152
Welcome sages of mining.
I got the results sgminer 5.1

algorithm X11:
280X - 6.6 n/h
270 -   4.1 m/h

algorithmX13
280x - 4.8m/h
270 -  3m/h

algorithm WhirlpoolX
280x - 127m/h
270 -  87m/h

Please tell me this is a good speed and I'm behind the train?
Pages:
Jump to: