Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 93. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Hi Wolf0 what about:
Hey Wolf0, can we please get a new build of your sgminer? 

For those who don't know, Wolf0's builds are statically linked meaning there are no dll's to mess around with. 

I bet if others show an interest he'll make one for us.

Any fork you want, or just the main SGMiner git?
? and please include the whirlpoolx algorithm
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I have some problem ....

[23:30:51] Started sgminer 4.2.2-310-g8985f-dirty
[23:30:51] * using Jansson 2.6
[23:30:51] Loaded configuration file sgminer.conf
[23:30:51] Probing for an alive pool
[23:30:52] Switching to NiceHash_X13_multi - first alive pool
[23:30:52] Startup GPU initialization... Using settings from pool NiceHash_X13_multi.
[23:30:52] Startup Pool No = 3
[23:30:52] Initialising kernel marucoin-mod.cl with bitalign, unpatched BFI, nfactor 10, n 1024
[23:30:52] Maximum buffer memory device 0 supports says 535822336
[23:30:52] Your settings come to 536870912
[23:30:52] Error -61: clCreateBuffer (padbuffer8), decrease TC or increase LG
[23:30:52] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
[23:30:52] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
[23:30:52] Re-check your configuration and try restarting.
Press enter to continue:

p.s
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100 - enable
CPU:AMD-A4-6300 with Radeon
RAM:4G

And you don't bother to show us the command line/batch file/conf file...
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Set up my miners to mine Whirlcoin. Working great i must say.

Getting around 130Mh/s on my 280x's and just over 100Mh/s on my 290's..
Although that this isn't very optimal yet, cards are freezing, i had to lower the fans to keep them hot..
So in other words, these can go at least double as fast..

Edit: Getting 150M/s on my 280's now and also 150 on my 290's Smiley

Oh yeah,
I can switch between algo's just fine.

I used Wolf his 64bit linux version (source).

Greetings
Activity: 171
For those interested in selling hashing power on NiceHash/WestHash: WhirpoolX algorithm has been added

You can download sgminer with whirpoolx support here:

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#whirpoolx

MULTIALGO note:
WhirpoolX is disabled on multilago by default (because currently you have to use a special sgminer fork and the transition will probably take a while). But nevertheless if you want to use multialgo you can still use it by manually adding WhirpoolX factor to your pool's password setting, for example:

"pass" : "f0=0;f2=0;f3=8.5;f4=4.5;f5=500;f6=3.5;f7=14;f8=0.35;f9=1.25;f10=135",

(as always, remember to add this to ALL your NiceHash/WestHash pools entries, not only for the new WhirpoolX entry).

p.s: we haven't tested sgminer-whirpoolx fork with other algorithms

Might want to add something to this effect to your FAQ/main site. I was looking for exactly this.
It was only the wind.
What's the recommended settings for a R9 290 trixx ?
Only getting 110Kh on neoscrypt  Angry

Try xintensity 3 or 4 with 2 gpu threads, also, overclock it.
Activity: 169
For those interested in selling hashing power on NiceHash/WestHash: WhirpoolX algorithm has been added

MULTIALGO note:
WhirpoolX is disabled on multilago by default (because currently you have to use a special sgminer fork and the transition will probably take a while). But nevertheless if you want to use multialgo you can still use it by manually adding WhirpoolX factor to your pool's password setting, for example:

(as always, remember to add this to ALL your NiceHash/WestHash pools entries, not only for the new WhirpoolX entry).

Thanks, will be cool when whirlpoolx is integrated into sgminer with multialgo support. Edit: Looks like the whirlpoolx sgminer has all the kernels. 

I noticed on the nicehash download page you have Wolf0's optimized bins, did he release his x15 bin?  I must have missed that.  

Which branch of https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer/tree/develop  has the latest commits, Master or Develop?  Master says the latest one was on Jan 13 by Troky and Develop shows Nov 12 by ystarnaud?  
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com

MULTIALGO note:

It was only the wind.
@Wolf0, @badman74, @djm34, etc. guys, guys, guys ... as I said many times before you are all great programmers (and I sent tips to all of you for your great public work) but you really lack one skill that is crucial for open source development, and that is team work. It is OK for each of you to optimize some kernels and not share it publicly to get maximum profit out of your own work. But as far as core development and binary distribution it should be done at one central place. People on this thread get lost when looking for binaries, trying various builds, many times hits an older build, build with bugs, etc. Linus Torvalds designed and developed Git with powerful branching in mind with this purpose - you can keep your branches, but should also maintain a master branch and not make thousands of forks even for smallest and marginal changes. https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer is a good central place and binaries could be placed at the Releases section https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer/releases ... So, can you put your self together and work as a team?

You should all take a look at this talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pOxlazS3zs (especially from minute 2 to minute 5, but preferably whole video).

Anyway, keep up the good work Wink

My bin was built off of SGMiner's master branch. I make development builds, not just release ones, as well as statically link and sign them, so they have a purpose.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
You may copy the amdopcl***.dlls from the new drivers into your miner folder.
Thanks, some changes, but sgminer doesn't work.
With amdocl.dll and amdocl64.dll from 13.4 drivers sgminer starts, generates 'bin' file, but then gives "Error -5:..." message:
With amdocl.dll and amdocl64.dll from 14.4, 14.9 or 14.12 drivers sgminer crashes at start:

My base driver is 14.4. The new driver >14.4 works. Maybe there is fundamental difference between 13.4 and >14.4 drivers.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Thanks, some changes, but sgminer doesn't work.
With amdocl.dll and amdocl64.dll from 13.4 drivers sgminer starts, generates 'bin' file, but then gives "Error -5:..." message: http://s10.postimg.org/qpjrsii91/image.jpg
With amdocl.dll and amdocl64.dll from 14.4, 14.9 or 14.12 drivers sgminer crashes at start: http://s15.postimg.org/n8h9zvldj/image.jpg
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Why not use most recent drivers? They improved hashrate by a lot over the last year.
Can confirm. GRS-MYR went from ~1500 to 3000 khs if memory serves, but maybe that was just me.

Worth a try I'd say.
It was only the wind.
What are you guys getting for Neoscrypt efficiency? Hash per watt, power draw at the wall?
Dick.  But it appears to be most profitable on nicehash again; even with the salty bottlenecked neoscrypt.cl you released for us around Veteran's Day.  (thanks again)

Actually, that was the best I had at the time - also, you aren't entitled to jack shit from me, need I remind you? Complain to Vehre - his code got less than 100kh/s on a 280X. Would you rather have that instead?

For the rest of you, since I've gotten a lot of people asking, I made another SGMiner 5 build off the git master branch: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533 -- see the bottom of the OP for the latest.

Did you ever get around to identifying your neoscrypt kernels so that people could tell which is which?

Well, now there's really just one major one, and the Hawaii one that wasn't a good idea.

Well, it wasn't until I downloaded the new SG5-wolf from yesterday and compared the neoscrypt files that I found out that it had the same 2 month old kernel..  For some reason I was expecting a different neoscrypt kernel in it.

I think that's just a 64-bit Windows build as opposed to 32-bit ones from badman74, djm34, etc.

Yeah - plus no DLLs and such to carry around.
I would love to build it to work without the dll's but I have no idea how...

Static linking is awesome. I also GPG sign my builds, so I'm staking my reputation on both the forums and OTC that anything I sign is clean.

I've seen those pics of your desktop, what kind of a reputation are you trying to establish?  lol

Heh, whatever else I may be, I'm trustworthy when it comes to binaries.  Cheesy
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Why not use most recent drivers?
I need driver not higher than 13.4 for some other task.
So the question is - Can sgminer 5.1 somehow run with AMD 13.4 drivers?

Why not use most recent drivers?
I need driver not higher than 13.4 for some other task.
So the question is - Can sgminer 5.1 somehow run with AMD 13.4 drivers?
It was only the wind.
What are you guys getting for Neoscrypt efficiency? Hash per watt, power draw at the wall?
Dick.  But it appears to be most profitable on nicehash again; even with the salty bottlenecked neoscrypt.cl you released for us around Veteran's Day.  (thanks again)

Actually, that was the best I had at the time - also, you aren't entitled to jack shit from me, need I remind you? Complain to Vehre - his code got less than 100kh/s on a 280X. Would you rather have that instead?

For the rest of you, since I've gotten a lot of people asking, I made another SGMiner 5 build off the git master branch: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533 -- see the bottom of the OP for the latest.

Did you ever get around to identifying your neoscrypt kernels so that people could tell which is which?

Well, now there's really just one major one, and the Hawaii one that wasn't a good idea.

Well, it wasn't until I downloaded the new SG5-wolf from yesterday and compared the neoscrypt files that I found out that it had the same 2 month old kernel..  For some reason I was expecting a different neoscrypt kernel in it.

I think that's just a 64-bit Windows build as opposed to 32-bit ones from badman74, djm34, etc.

I would love to build it to work without the dll's but I have no idea how...

Static linking is awesome. I also GPG sign my builds, so I'm staking my reputation on both the forums and OTC that anything I sign is clean.
Activity: 171
Why not use most recent drivers? They improved hashrate by a lot over the last year.

Speaking of which, I changed some settings that did not work so well, and when I tried to reverse them while also lowering clock speed by 200, I started getting 5-7 mhash instead of 4+. msi 7870 hawk. I also reduced my latency to the pool by about 60ms, if that even matters.

Did i break it?
Can sgminer 5.1 somehow run with AMD 13.4 drivers?
It gives me "Error -5:..." message.
Sgminer 4.1 works well.
I have tryed to copy amd_opencl64.dll and amd_opencl32.dll (from newer driver) to sgminer directory, nothing changed.
Activity: 169

For those who don't know, Wolf0's builds are statically linked meaning there are no dll's to mess around with. 

Just the main git I suppose.  That's where most of the commits are right?  I'm just interested in the coins nicehash and yaamp cover right now. X coins, neoscrypt, qubit, etc...    I wouldn't know if any other forks provide a speed boost or more stability, I've just liked your builds in the past, whatever you based those off.
It was only the wind.

Activity: 125

x11 and Lyra2RE Grin  win7x64
Pages:
Jump to: