Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 95. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 171
Merit: 100
yes but i heared that with skein u win more didibyte.....

anyway  thanks

You can compare, using WhatToMine - hash all the GPU algorithms on your hardware to get hashrates, then plug them into WhatToMine - it has up-to-date difficulties for the DGB algs, so it can tell you which will get you the most.

Why does that site show much lower profitability compared to coinwarz, with the same inputs? aside from cryptsy valuing BTC @ 3.00 less...
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
4 x 280x   1390Khs, 710W at wall
4 x 7950   1280KHs, 680W at wall

1.96 & 1.88. Those are pretty incredible numbers.
legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
yes but i heared that with skein u win more didibyte.....

anyway  thanks
legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
yes i know but witthout to win something more?
legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
any good .bat setup for skein? (i mine digibyte)
It was only the wind.
5xASUS 280x - 1560kH, 1150Wt whole rig.

1.36kh/s per W. Nice - undervolted, right?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Activity: 528
how much is the hashrate with a 290X in myrgroestl now ?

thx Smiley

25 Mh/s  with stock kernel
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi!
I`m  compiling sgminer 5.1 for windows (mingw) .  I have error . What problem ? How to fix ?

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/Andro/sgminer'
  CC     sgminer-sgminer.o
In file included from compat.h:9:0,
                 from sgminer.c:52:
c:\mingw\include\pthread.h:307:8: error: redefinition of 'struct timespec'
 struct timespec {
        ^
In file included from c:\mingw\include\unistd.h:95:0,
                 from sgminer.c:24:
c:\mingw\include\parts\time.h:65:8: note: originally defined here
 struct timespec
        ^
In file included from sgminer.c:52:0:
compat.h:41:19: error: conflicting types for 'nanosleep'
 static inline int nanosleep(const struct timespec *req, struct timespec *rem)
                   ^
In file included from sgminer.c:24:0:
c:\mingw\include\unistd.h:109:5: note: previous definition of 'nanosleep' was he
re
 int nanosleep( const struct timespec *period, struct timespec *residual )
     ^
In file included from sgminer.c:52:0:
compat.h:76:19: error: conflicting types for 'sl...
It was only the wind.
What are you guys getting for Neoscrypt efficiency? Hash per watt, power draw at the wall?
Dick.  But it appears to be most profitable on nicehash again; even with the salty bottlenecked neoscrypt.cl you released for us around Veteran's Day.  (thanks again)

Actually, that was the best I had at the time - also, you aren't entitled to jack shit from me, need I remind you? Complain to Vehre - his code got less than 100kh/s on a 280X. Would you rather have that instead?

For the rest of you, since I've gotten a lot of people asking, I made another SGMiner 5 build off the git master branch: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533 -- see the bottom of the OP for the latest.

I taught it will be some Cristmas optimization gift  , but I reach only 322kh/s (neoscrypt) again with my 280X Smiley

Do you know the power usage?
Activity: 384
Merit: 250

thx Smiley

I did a test on the Omega drivers (14.12), and got about 15.1MH/s out of my 290X; Screenshot (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/myrgroestlstock-02182015.png

As you can see, the 285 is way closer to the 290X in hashrate than it should be, at 14.3MH/s, so I did a quick rewrite of the Groestl implementation in the OpenCL to get this (nsfw): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/myrgroestlwolf-02182015.png

I'm interested to know what other drivers give for the stock kernel on 290X - is it always that bad?

So Omega drive works? Strange, I did try using that driver but to find most miners crashes this!
I did tried installing in windows 7 and perhaps few thing that comes with that caused crashes shouldn't be installed! Can you explain which things shouldn't be installed when installing omega driver within windows? That would really help!
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
where to find that last driver ?
It was only the wind.
What are you guys getting for Neoscrypt efficiency? Hash per watt, power draw at the wall?
Dick.  But it appears to be most profitable on nicehash again; even with the salty bottlenecked neoscrypt.cl you released for us around Veteran's Day.  (thanks again)

Actually, that was the best I had at the time - also, you aren't entitled to jack shit from me, need I remind you? Complain to Vehre - his code got less than 100kh/s on a 280X. Would you rather have that instead?

For the rest of you, since I've gotten a lot of people asking, I made another SGMiner 5 build off the git master branch: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533 -- see the bottom of the OP for the latest.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Myr-groestl is about 1.5x faster than groestlcoin.
Since the 290x can go up to 35 mh/s in groestlcoin, I believe it should reach at least 50 mh/s in myr-groestl.
That's using the asm kernel or the latest, unfinished opencl (Hawaii only) kernel.
It was only the wind.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

thx Smiley
Activity: 528
Does anyone know how two of my rig's can show Nice hash x13 pool as dead when the third rig show's x13 as alive ,,,

all three rigs contain the same gpu's and all three rigs are running on the same password for algo switching

cheers

Happens to me all the time.  No idea.

This should not happen. Are all miners at the same location, same public IP? Are you 100% sure you're using VALID bitcoin address as username? Are 100% sure you using exactly the same password factors (try copy paste to make sure).

Thank's nicehash

All the rig's are on the same public IP and all have the same bitcoin address  with .M1 .M2 .M3 respectively added to the end of the bitcoin address/user name   and yeah all the passwords are copy pasted

the only difference other than specific GPU  settings

is

the two rigs that said X13 was dead contained a X13 profile name :- "name" : "NiceHash_X13_multi",
and
the rig that said X13 was alive contained a X13 profile name  :-          "name" : "NiceHash_x13",

I can't think that this would cause a problem

Activity: 384
Merit: 250
What is difference between intensity and xintensity?

You can't use both in the same instance, it will likely default to intensity.  xintensity is number of shaders x _value of xintensity_
Since an user asked me the very same thing I actually had to look at sgminer again. It turns out there are two formulations which are selected on a per-algorithm basis.

Code:
glob_thread_count = clState->compute_shaders * ((cgpu->algorithm.xintensity_shift)?(1UL << (cgpu->algorithm.xintensity_shift + cgpu->xintensity)):cgpu->xintensity);

Which means: it's always shaders * something where something is (usually?) the specified xintensity value (I don't remember the actual xintensity_shift values). Otherwise something will be determined as usual intensity, which could be considered 2^x in layman terms.

Both formulations allow much finer control than regular intensity.

I am with you so far!
Using --worksize 64 --xintensity 64, then what the expected kh/s number on an AND R7 240 series?
Activity: 672
What is difference between intensity and xintensity?

You can't use both in the same instance, it will likely default to intensity.  xintensity is number of shaders x _value of xintensity_
Since an user asked me the very same thing I actually had to look at sgminer again. It turns out there are two formulations which are selected on a per-algorithm basis.

Code:
glob_thread_count = clState->compute_shaders * ((cgpu->algorithm.xintensity_shift)?(1UL << (cgpu->algorithm.xintensity_shift + cgpu->xintensity)):cgpu->xintensity);

Which means: it's always shaders * something where something is (usually?) the specified xintensity value (I don't remember the actual xintensity_shift values). Otherwise something will be determined as usual intensity, which could be considered 2^x in layman terms.

Both formulations allow much finer control than regular intensity.
Pages:
Jump to: