Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 94. (Read 877846 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Hey Wolf0, can we please get a new build of your sgminer? 

For those who don't know, Wolf0's builds are statically linked meaning there are no dll's to mess around with. 

I bet if others show an interest he'll make one for us.

+1 Smiley
thanks wolf0
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
What are you guys getting for Neoscrypt efficiency? Hash per watt, power draw at the wall?
Dick.  But it appears to be most profitable on nicehash again; even with the salty bottlenecked neoscrypt.cl you released for us around Veteran's Day.  (thanks again)

Actually, that was the best I had at the time - also, you aren't entitled to jack shit from me, need I remind you? Complain to Vehre - his code got less than 100kh/s on a 280X. Would you rather have that instead?

For the rest of you, since I've gotten a lot of people asking, I made another SGMiner 5 build off the git master branch: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533 -- see the bottom of the OP for the latest.

Did you ever get around to identifying your neoscrypt kernels so that people could tell which is which?

Well, now there's really just one major one, and the Hawaii one that wasn't a good idea.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Hey Wolf0, can we please get a new build of your sgminer? 

For those who don't know, Wolf0's builds are statically linked meaning there are no dll's to mess around with. 

I bet if others show an interest he'll make one for us.
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
What is the state of qubit?
Surprisingly, while the above mentioned version of sgminer does not hash correctly, sgminer 5 does work for me! No idea what's going on, have they been updated?

No clue, but it's possible. Check the git history on SGMiner 5.
The last tweaking of the qubit kernel was when I added some changes for the newer drivers some time back as far as I know.

Do you recall hashrates?

I'll interject, 5.41 Mh/s per 280x with 1100/1500 worksize 256 I 20
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Surprisingly, while the above mentioned version of sgminer does not hash correctly, sgminer 5 does work for me! No idea what's going on, have they been updated?

No clue, but it's possible. Check the git history on SGMiner 5.
The last tweaking of the qubit kernel was when I added some changes for the newer drivers some time back as far as I know.
I think i added the changes to all the old kernels, but I havent tested any of them for some time now.
I only wish I knew enough to optimize them like you guys.
It was only the wind.

Then you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot, lol. Instead of buying it for cheap, you're asking for it to be published, which will of course kill any possible profit you could make with it...  Wink
Does anyone have a good working settings to use for keccak on a 280x?  I'm getting roughly 20% rejects mainly due to "job not found" or "stale share" errors.  I'm not exactly sure what I need to tweak.  I'm using thread-concurrency 8192 and intensity 14.  I don't think overclocking is an issue because I'm getting a decent hash rate and the temp is stable at about 70 degrees and the system never crashes.
This usually happens when intensity is set too high. On my 290 and 290x I use 4 threads, and 12 intensity.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Does anyone have a good working settings to use for keccak on a 280x?  I'm getting roughly 20% rejects mainly due to "job not found" or "stale share" errors.  I'm not exactly sure what I need to tweak.  I'm using thread-concurrency 8192 and intensity 14.  I don't think overclocking is an issue because I'm getting a decent hash rate and the temp is stable at about 70 degrees and the system never crashes.
It was only the wind.
Down are kernels and generated bins for X algos:
This kernel&bins are for Tahiti&Hawaii. I have no Kaiman and Pitcairn to test.

Thanks. Can somebody share optimized binaries for X13 for Pitcairn?

I'm selling them, so they're out there.
Activity: 672
Activity: 672
Interesting. Include your driver version - drivers are involved in the process. I can tell for sure sgminer4.1 (bundled with digihash) does not work anymore on omega drivers.
It was only the wind.
Hello Guys,

Do we have any windows shminer which gives more than 320 Khash/s on a 280x in neoscrypt ?
I could see amazing amounts on this card on linux...

thanks in advance

You can't get much more than that, even on linux.
Activity: 171
I tried mining DGB but the hash rate was pretty mediocre considering some x11 pools were paying .3btc/ghash, plus I was getting a lot of above target share. Are the latest kernels for Neo/Lyra/Qubit on git?
yes but i heared that with skein u win more didibyte.....

anyway  thanks

You can compare, using WhatToMine - hash all the GPU algorithms on your hardware to get hashrates, then plug them into WhatToMine - it has up-to-date difficulties for the DGB algs, so it can tell you which will get you the most.

Why does that site show much lower profitability compared to coinwarz, with the same inputs? aside from cryptsy valuing BTC @ 3.00 less...

Not sure, but I'd trust WhatToMine over CoinWarz. If CoinWarz doesn't use averages, than it is likely giving you numbers that are relevant right this very second, and will have changed by the time you are ready to mine/sell.

Any time frame when lyre2re get added to dev or master?

Thanks

Bug the devs!

The Christmas release binaries posted on NiceHash (12-20-14) will mine Lyra2RE.  I get 1.1mh/s per card with 280x on Linux.       --scryptr
Or if you want to build it yourself you can use my build at https://github.com/badman74/sgminer
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

anyway  thanks

You can compare, using WhatToMine - hash all the GPU algorithms on your hardware to get hashrates, then plug them into WhatToMine - it has up-to-date difficulties for the DGB algs, so it can tell you which will get you the most.

Why does that site show much lower profitability compared to coinwarz, with the same inputs? aside from cryptsy valuing BTC @ 3.00 less...

Not sure, but I'd trust WhatToMine over CoinWarz. If CoinWarz doesn't use averages, than it is likely giving you numbers that are relevant right this very second, and will have changed by the time you are ready to mine/sell.

Thanks

Bug the devs!

The Christmas release binaries posted on NiceHash (12-20-14) will mine Lyra2RE.  I get 1.1mh/s per card with 280x on Linux.       --scryptr
Ah, I see, thanks Smiley

By the way, I can't seem to find the answer anywhere so I guess I'll ask (sensing answer is obvious):

Where are/what are the .cl files called for x13 and x15 in sgminer? I see several .cl's that are named after old, dead coins that USED one of those algo's, but not a whole lot related to what I see being mined/traded currently. I used an old x13/x15 .cl to mine on a pool but got tons of HW errors so I assumed it was just old and obsolete.

I mean if two coins use the same algorithm, then why make a kernel specific to that coin? Shouldn't one kernel work the same for two different coins that used the same algo?

Also, how can I get an objective measure of my hashrate? e.g., if I mine with the same settings on a pool vs solo, i'll clearly get more accurate feedback from the pool since my solo mine will be so insignificant compared to network hashrate. but even pools vary depending on which and what time, location, etc. Basically; where do I point my miner to start adjusting to optimal hashrate before i start tweaking minor settings (GPU clocks)?

Thanks in advance for anyone that answers this, I have lots of questions Smiley
It was only the wind.
What are you guys getting for Neoscrypt efficiency? Hash per watt, power draw at the wall?
Dick.  But it appears to be most profitable on nicehash again; even with the salty bottlenecked neoscrypt.cl you released for us around Veteran's Day.  (thanks again)

Actually, that was the best I had at the time - also, you aren't entitled to jack shit from me, need I remind you? Complain to Vehre - his code got less than 100kh/s on a 280X. Would you rather have that instead?

For the rest of you, since I've gotten a lot of people asking, I made another SGMiner 5 build off the git master branch: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17533 -- see the bottom of the OP for the latest.

Dude, I was actually thanking you.  Maybe it was misinterpreted.  I realize that that algo wouldn't have a GPU implementation worth anything without you.  Please don't take anything I said the wrong way.

As far as power draw from the wall, who knows; I don't really profit anymore on any algo.

I'm sorry - it came through as sarcastic; text sucks for this sort of thing.
Activity: 181

Thanks

anyway  thanks

Pages:
Jump to: