Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 111. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 172
Merit: 20
January 29, 2018, 04:34:20 PM
Why is mining dying?
IMO its worth. Making with a 225 watt gpu 165 dollars woth 0.07 dollar cents electricity..i love it.
+ Rigs. Hopefully this works forever :-p

I think a new generation of ASICS miners just released for this algo... Miners are renting those at high costs right now... I'm curious on the effect this will have on a price. You will have to mine something else unfortunately...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 01:27:25 PM
Why is mining dying?
IMO its worth. Making with a 225 watt gpu 165 dollars woth 0.07 dollar cents electricity..i love it.
+ Rigs. Hopefully this works forever :-p
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
January 29, 2018, 12:55:52 PM
anyone here mining with an A3?
how many SC are U getting per hour?

me only ~100 SC   Huh
It's always better to just buy the coin than mine.  That's why mining is a dying business.  PoS is where it's at.

Due to your thoughts, I think you will be interested in the LuckyToken
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 11:24:09 AM
sc will soon be added to the stock exchange binance?

Not likely anytime soon. Binance wants a large fee for coins to be listed, 50 BTC I think, and since the SIA team didn't have a money grab ICO they likely aren't flush with cash yet.

50 BTC is a large fee? you kidding me? They have coin with 1,4b cap and they not have 50 btc?
Binance is great option and really worth do pay and put coin on it.
People got problems on other exchanges with wallets,transfers,registration and bought.
Binance fix that problems plus get a lot new investors.

I just curious why Sia team not make a offer for them.. They wan't own exchange? its really most stupid idea.
Sia can easly reach 0.50 cents. but only with binance.

Negotiation is in progress. Dev team was required to sign NDA https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/7pfyjc/brief_update_on_binance/ . My guess is that SC will be added to binance very soon. Coin has a huge volume so binance would earn more than 50 btc within a week of listing. Also bitmain has to sell their miners Wink 
Activity: 39
January 29, 2018, 10:24:43 AM

Not likely anytime soon. Binance wants a large fee for coins to be listed, 50 BTC I think, and since the SIA team didn't have a money grab ICO they likely aren't flush with cash yet.

50 BTC is a large fee? you kidding me? They have coin with 1,4b cap and they not have 50 btc?
Binance is great option and really worth do pay and put coin on it.
People got problems on other exchanges with wallets,transfers,registration and bought.
Binance fix that problems plus get a lot new investors.

I just curious why Sia team not make a offer for them.. They wan't own exchange? its really most stupid idea.
Sia can easly reach 0.50 cents. but only with binance.

Activity: 670
Merit: 130
January 29, 2018, 10:17:39 AM
SC is not non asic resistant anymore. Mining with GPU is useless as the hashrate is very far from Asics miners.
The difficulty and hashrate is increasing. Hope the dev team can do something about this. Maybe make it mineable with different algo with difficulty adjusting according to the hashrate of each algo.

This difficulty bug is a mess.

I asked Nanopool Support about it and they replied with "approx end of january fork its gone".

No shares at all.

so its a bug that nanopool hasnt find any block for like two days? cause ok...asics can be used in everypool...

2 days no blocks is pretty strange for one of the largest pools.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
January 29, 2018, 09:49:39 AM
I am trying to send some SC to Poloniex, on bittrex I have send it successfully, but on Polo it does not show
the transaction is verified on the chain 3 days from now

no answer from the support to the ticket....  Huh Angry
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
January 29, 2018, 07:31:50 AM

Activity: 42
January 29, 2018, 04:47:49 AM
SC is not non asic resistant anymore. Mining with GPU is useless as the hashrate is very far from Asics miners.
The difficulty and hashrate is increasing. Hope the dev team can do something about this. Maybe make it mineable with different algo with difficulty adjusting according to the hashrate of each algo.

This difficulty bug is a mess.

I asked Nanopool Support about it and they replied with "approx end of january fork its gone".

No shares at all.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
January 29, 2018, 04:28:03 AM

0 steps should be taken.  Let it play out as decentralized intended.  Adapt or die is the crypto motto!  They were openly public about the creation of obelisk.  I can’t imagine the team didn’t have the foresight to think where there is money to be made another company with the skills wouldn’t try to step on some toes.  It’s business as usual. Again adapt or die.  Should this justify a fork. Hardly!  

The biggest problem with crypto is that people don’t understand the word decentralized.  If you don’t like the path this is going then by all means the code is public.  Create siacash😜.  Won’t make a difference. The money is in where the ASICs secure the network.

BR

I agree, surviving attacks is part of the natural selection process that will decide which coins become next Amazon, Google, Facebook.

Bitmain is a predator, but sia will adapt and grow stronger.
Activity: 26
January 29, 2018, 01:06:45 AM
Activity: 462
Merit: 14
January 28, 2018, 11:07:51 PM
Since the start, Siacoin was not ASIC-resistant, right? So I dont know what you actually meant in the thread.
January 28, 2018, 10:54:31 PM
Merit: 11
January 28, 2018, 09:32:03 PM

I thought the opposite would more likely be the case, as supply increases the price goes down, as with everything else unless it's different in altcoins. The examples of previous price rises may be due to other factors.

Not so, Proof of Work algo adjusts - these common factors when - as always DYOR

The increase in hashrate (about 10x compared to 1 week ago right now) is having zero impact in the supply and will have zero impact even if it increases 1000x. This is a common misunderstanding of people not familiar with Proof of Work. The blockchain has a parameter called "Difficulty" that increases at the same rate as the hashrate in the network. This makes that no matter how many ASICs connect to the network, the block time, and so the block rewards (that create the increase in supply) remains exactly the same. The Supply is predictable and immutable: https://siastats.info/supply_inflation.html

Actually the two last hardforks we had in the last months were aimed to make the difficulty algorithm to update the difficulty every block instead of every 4 days, so with the arrival of ASICs the impact in the block generation was zero.

Activity: 238
Merit: 1
January 28, 2018, 09:12:20 PM
Are the SIA mining ASICS already coming on the market? This could be the premise to a nice rise in the price of the coin, am I right?

In history of every coin that ASICS became available, price increased dramatically.  Many examples to choose from here.

I thought the opposite would more likely be the case, as supply increases the price goes down, as with everything else unless it's different in altcoins. The examples of previous price rises may be due to other factors.
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
January 28, 2018, 02:27:46 PM
anyone here mining with an A3?
how many SC are U getting per hour?

me only ~100 SC   Huh
It's always better to just buy the coin than mine.  That's why mining is a dying business.  PoS is where it's at.

impossible to buy/find a GPU and there are a lot more miners everyday btw.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
January 28, 2018, 01:27:21 PM
Is bitmain a real threat for Obselik asic machines
what steps sia team will take to prevent it happening

0 steps should be taken.  Let it play out as decentralized intended.  Adapt or die is the crypto motto!  They were openly public about the creation of obelisk.  I can’t imagine the team didn’t have the foresight to think where there is money to be made another company with the skills wouldn’t try to step on some toes.  It’s business as usual. Again adapt or die.  Should this justify a fork. Hardly! 

The biggest problem with crypto is that people don’t understand the word decentralized.  If you don’t like the path this is going then by all means the code is public.  Create siacash😜.  Won’t make a difference. The money is in where the ASICs secure the network.

BR
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
January 28, 2018, 10:27:17 AM
Is bitmain a real threat for Obselik asic machines
what steps sia team will take to prevent it happening
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
January 28, 2018, 10:25:20 AM

How massive will be exactly the increase in supply? I didn't follow the latest developments, no mention of this increase on OP, but I own some SIA and I'm interested in these marginal details like increment of supply...

There will be no increase in supply. The supply stays the same. The network's hashrate on the other hand will increase drasctically, so the only ones who suffer are GPU-boys. Well I have news for you: GPU mining is over. Invest in new equipment or you'll be out of the market in a few months.

Increased difficulty drives the price up. It's going up already as we speak. Look at what happened to other coins after Bitmain released their ASICs:
LTC - x30 in 1 year
DASH - x70 in 1 year

So just buy more SIA and enjoy the ride.
That's right! I bought this coin at 0.03 next at 0.07 and last time at 0.04. I think it have a great team, working technology that regularly updated and good growth potential in 2018!
Activity: 174
Merit: 12
January 28, 2018, 09:16:48 AM

How massive will be exactly the increase in supply? I didn't follow the latest developments, no mention of this increase on OP, but I own some SIA and I'm interested in these marginal details like increment of supply...

There will be no increase in supply. The supply stays the same. The network's hashrate on the other hand will increase drasctically, so the only ones who suffer are GPU-boys. Well I have news for you: GPU mining is over. Invest in new equipment or you'll be out of the market in a few months.

Increased difficulty drives the price up. It's going up already as we speak. Look at what happened to other coins after Bitmain released their ASICs:
LTC - x30 in 1 year
DASH - x70 in 1 year

So just buy more SIA and enjoy the ride.
Jump to: