Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 115. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
January 24, 2018, 11:39:53 AM
Any idea when these ASICS will be released?

we are forking it away FROM ALL ASICS INCLUDING OBELISK  Cool bwaahaha

Good luck with that theory easy to change firmware to match any fork attempts no matter the miner used. It’s really not a bad thing and will increase the price IMHO.

Can hope bitmain only accepts sc for payments on a batch that may jump it big time.

Beware the many trolls / jealous innovators saying it’s bad for new hardware miners. I like this project a lot and want it to become mainstream.

Think about marketing it to replace outdated faxing for nursing homes,hospitals,states,schools etc they should target that market like gangbusters.

stop complaining/crying about a new A3 etc etc just work on the project to be EXTREMELY user friendly pronto, add the ability to share files like (gdrive via email or link) and explain how the data is encrypted/get it certified for HIPAA/ iso 9001/ iso 27001.

Much more valuable dev time could be spent on further/faster advancement than trying to stop asic miners witch could be a never-ending loosing battle.

GLTA
Activity: 108
January 24, 2018, 11:32:46 AM
A3 is bad !!! because of him the price of SiaCoin falls !!! it's bad enough that he was released!!!!
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY
January 24, 2018, 09:57:18 AM

we are forking it away FROM ALL ASICS INCLUDING OBELISK  Cool bwaahaha
Activity: 35
January 24, 2018, 09:49:40 AM
Siacoin mining will rise the price in long term!
Activity: 180
Merit: 20
January 24, 2018, 09:13:24 AM
Whatever.  Its non-reliable to mine sia. Big orderbook spreads and no liquidity signify u will in average make less than calculations say. Theres an anecdotal evidence from people who cursed the day they were born after not seeing the buyer for months and replenishing their mined holdings to a highest bidder in otc threads. More u mine, more unrealized gains come up, period.
Activity: 3
January 24, 2018, 08:09:17 AM
You know we can calculate how much you will make right, it's simple math, let's look at a 5 month period. First, we know how many miners Bitmain sold by looking at their wallet address during the sale 14,000 units and in China, they are required to show sales so they reported 6,000.  Sia's block time is 10 minutes with an average reward of 128,000 per block. there are 144 blocks per day.  Total earned Sia for a 5 month period if all miners are running is 2,764,800,000 SC at the current market price it is 110,592,000.  So if we divide the total earned by 20,000 miners we get 5529.6 per A3.  so 5529.6 - initial cost of equipment plus psu gives us 2,929.6 Profit for a 5 month period.  

Or if you just want to calculate the per day if all 20k miners come online it will be like (129,000 / 20,000) = 6.45 SC per block and there is roughly 144 blocks a day so (6.45 * 144) 928.8 SC or $35.9 a day.  

So lets hope you get you miners before everyone else because at current hash rate it already down to 76 dollars a day : ( Huh Huh

Its simple Math just because someone got on first and posted a video of 500 dollars a day doesn't mean that will last that long, it barely lasted a day like I said we are already down to 76 dollars a day.  Like sheep to the slaughter I truely feel sorry for anyone that see's the vosk video and decides to buy from batch 2 of bitmain if they release a batch 2.   I mean I guess all I really needed to say is REMEMBER THE D3's LOL
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
January 24, 2018, 07:46:07 AM
Anyone already mine with ASIC? Did they ship them already?

Mine coming friday, i am afraid that we "A3 miners" losing us money with fork

There is thread already.  Lookup voskcoin making 500$ per day with a3

Just because these a3 are going to put damper on some people profits doesn’t make it worthy of fork.  Call it lesson learned. You really didn’t think some new company come along and get the upper hand on new asic?  What this tells me is that the obelisk is legit but sadly they got beat to the punch. That’s the beauty of a free market. Kick in the balls yes.

Just carry on. Let’s see how it plays out. No one can predict future. Going to have to unfollow the thread and get my news elsewhere. Turning into a whiners thread.  “I want my 500$ a day with one asic.”  Lmao to think this will last is just plain silly folks.  Prepare for epic diff hike😎

Br

https://youtu.be/6ZFx35ilUwQ
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
January 24, 2018, 07:43:28 AM
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
January 24, 2018, 06:41:43 AM

on Antpool there is no SiaCoin pool
strange ha?

I'm also waiting my A3, and I'm really worried....
Activity: 2
January 24, 2018, 06:14:32 AM

Activity: 119
January 24, 2018, 04:49:13 AM
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining that an ASIC is out for Sia.  Every coin that has every had an asic produced has skyrocketed in price.
I simply think that ASICs for Sia are good, because I can buy Sia at lower price than current ones.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
January 24, 2018, 04:45:26 AM
Activity: 154
Merit: 5
January 24, 2018, 04:26:21 AM
It is strange that Polo still has wallet on maintenance, even if fork is already occurred

Not only that sometime Poloniex withdrawal will make you angry because they will not respond to the support tickets we send and sometimes wallets will be in maintenance and no proper support from the Poloniex. Previously Poloniex is one of the biggest exchange but now they lose faith.

true. My withdrawal request for 38000 sia had failed with Error on Jan 13, I've submitted a ticket, and still waiting for support.

pending withdrawal  and bad support are the reality of Poloniex and some other exchanges.  Should be  brought in laws to protect tradersand prosecute the offenders.

Yes you are right, one of my friend sent me 0.075 btc to my poloniex account, these btc are deducted from his account and never recieived in my account. Raised so many tickets for the same. No response yet. And the good news is that they have now unverified the account of my friend so that he can not check the status..........   Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
January 24, 2018, 04:24:47 AM

pending withdrawal  and bad support are the reality of Poloniex and some other exchanges.  Should be  brought in laws to protect tradersand prosecute the offenders.

I have to admit my support on Polo case get solved now, missing coins added to balance
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
January 24, 2018, 04:00:26 AM
by the end of jan 20000 miners will be added to sia blockchain
this means difficulty will go higher
price will go higher

lets take LTC + Dash as example
LTC before ASIC mining was 5 - 6 $
after difficulty bomb now 2500% ++
same for Dash
all that in less than a year
so sia started it this month with Bitmain
and i think Obelisk will speed up the shipping time
Baikal will follow
so lets say 2500% of $0.03 = 0.75$ and maybe 1$ by the next 6 months and incoming btc price
as sia in Q1 got impressive milestones i think it will go beyond that price

agree! when a coin gets on asics, the price goes up! up! up!
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
January 24, 2018, 02:17:15 AM
by the end of jan 20000 miners will be added to sia blockchain
this means difficulty will go higher
price will go higher

lets take LTC + Dash as example
LTC before ASIC mining was 5 - 6 $
after difficulty bomb now 2500% ++
same for Dash
all that in less than a year
so sia started it this month with Bitmain
and i think Obelisk will speed up the shipping time
Baikal will follow
so lets say 2500% of $0.03 = 0.75$ and maybe 1$ by the next 6 months and incoming btc price
as sia in Q1 got impressive milestones i think it will go beyond that price
Activity: 45
January 23, 2018, 03:12:52 PM
It is strange that Polo still has wallet on maintenance, even if fork is already occurred

Not only that sometime Poloniex withdrawal will make you angry because they will not respond to the support tickets we send and sometimes wallets will be in maintenance and no proper support from the Poloniex. Previously Poloniex is one of the biggest exchange but now they lose faith.

I agree, with all the new exchanges coming onboard, it seems like Poloniex is not mentioned that much anymore, even though that is where I bought Sia, as far as support tickets I had a huge issue with the loss of several coins, it took awhile, but they did resolve it, and as time goes on with the amount of people coming into this market, it might get worse.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
January 23, 2018, 10:48:09 AM
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining that an ASIC is out for Sia.  Every coin that has every had an asic produced has skyrocketed in price.

That is my feeling as well. It is simply competition, and since each Siacoin will be more difficult to mine it should be good for the value.

Mostly because it will do little to help in the aim of becoming the ultimate decentralized storage solution, most SIA functions require Siacoin to work in a POWish sort of way, if that is put in the hands of a handful of individuals using ASICs, that vision is lost already. In the end the only ones that don't complain about ASICs are those that have them.

Bitmain beating the Obelisks to the market is nothing short of poetic justice.

soft fork to rekt all siacoin asics ~ next stop 1337 :-D weee

Cannot believe they are even discussing a soft-fork.  SIA Dev team creating an ASIC is a complete conflict of interest.   Brick the A3's, then the Halongs, then what?  Noone gunna play with your proprietary coin
someone will create a coin for it if they are really doing this.
lol
Activity: 46
January 23, 2018, 10:16:41 AM

That is my feeling as well. It is simply competition, and since each Siacoin will be more difficult to mine it should be good for the value.

Mostly because it will do little to help in the aim of becoming the ultimate decentralized storage solution, most SIA functions require Siacoin to work in a POWish sort of way, if that is put in the hands of a handful of individuals using ASICs, that vision is lost already. In the end the only ones that don't complain about ASICs are those that have them.

Bitmain beating the Obelisks to the market is nothing short of poetic justice.

soft fork to rekt all siacoin asics ~ next stop 1337 :-D weee

Cannot believe they are even discussing a soft-fork.  SIA Dev team creating an ASIC is a complete conflict of interest.   Brick the A3's, then the Halongs, then what?  Noone gunna play with your proprietary coin
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
January 23, 2018, 07:29:55 AM

So Polo is still a thing? Hmmm didn't know, stoped using it few months ago...
 Cool

yes ,include me ,long time not login ,binance is the best market right now ,hope sia can hit it.
Jump to: