Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 113. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 121
January 26, 2018, 01:32:05 PM
Are the SIA mining ASICS already coming on the market? This could be the premise to a nice rise in the price of the coin, am I right?

shouldnt more SC on the market create a massive price drop ?
We already have seen massive price drop in past. Because of massive increase in supply i am still confused weather i should invest or not, Although Sia is great project with real case use in future but being investor i also have to look return.
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
January 26, 2018, 10:31:54 AM
This was a pretty good read. Definitely gives me great hope for Siacoin.
https://blog.sia.tech/response-to-the-sia-community-and-bitmain-653a12284098

It is the right decision, but not a good read.  If the SIA development team thinks it can arbitrarily make certain demands of a powerful competitor, it's not going to work out that way.

Few quick points:

1. "Bitmain is evil because the announcement was made when Team America was sleeping."  Welp, guess what?  They live in another time zone, do the math.

2. "Bitmain is evil because they hold patents."  Anyone care to guess how many patents Apple holds?  Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, HP, Dell... Buford? Buford?  Anyone?

3. "Bitmain should have come to us 60+ days in advance and revealed their business intentions"  If you ever get to the level where you are competing with Bezos over cloud storage, good luck with this fantasy.

4. "Bitmain should have revealed to us in real time how many units they intended to build, how many they had sold, etc., etc."  See above response.

5. "Bitmain is evil because they did not call the A3 a "SIA" miner."  This tells me all I need to know about the mindset of certain people.  Hmm.  Let's think about this one.  Let me put on my lawyer hat for a moment. 

If I, as Bitmain, correctly anticipate that Team SIA might pull some stunt like a hard fork, which would render my miner unable to mine SIA, what is my legal team going to tell me?  "Whatever else you do, don't call it a SIA miner, because the moment it can't mine SIA, you are going to get sued."  Call it instead a Blake2b miner, because if anyone complains in the future, your response is:  I sold you a Blake2b miner, and a Blake2b miner is what you got.  Anticipation of this sort denotes intelligence, and I am sure Team SIA reads this the same way I do.

And finally this:  If I wanted to do battle with a powerful competitor, what possible reason would I have to spell out my battle plan in public 10+ months in advance?  I can think of only one reason.  SIA was smart enough to realize what might happen, therefore they didn't fully fund the project.  They let their customers fund the project because hey, if their fears turn out to be correct and Bitmain scoops them, it is not their money on the line.

No sane business person announces to the world in advance, "Hey, I plan to buy a controlling number of shares in Company X 10 months from now."  Why not you ask?  Because if the rest of the world takes you at your word they will front run the crap out of you.

I've poured over the Reddit postings and it disgusts me.  50% of it is just incredibly juvenile, and 50% is the most cynical, dissembling BS I have read in many a month.

1,Bitmain mining sia since April 2017,Many chinese miners know。I think dev term already know in Aril because https://yunbi.com/
2,If Dev term do not hard fork ,Move Bitmain,They maybe accepted bribes,We need new dev term

I pretty sure Sia is a company and not a community project, so you can forget a new team.
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
January 26, 2018, 10:29:22 AM
Are the SIA mining ASICS already coming on the market? This could be the premise to a nice rise in the price of the coin, am I right?

shouldnt more SC on the market create a massive price drop ?
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
January 26, 2018, 01:18:35 AM

It is the right decision, but not a good read.  If the SIA development team thinks it can arbitrarily make certain demands of a powerful competitor, it's not going to work out that way.

Few quick points:

1. "Bitmain is evil because the announcement was made when Team America was sleeping."  Welp, guess what?  They live in another time zone, do the math.

2. "Bitmain is evil because they hold patents."  Anyone care to guess how many patents Apple holds?  Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, HP, Dell... Buford? Buford?  Anyone?

3. "Bitmain should have come to us 60+ days in advance and revealed their business intentions"  If you ever get to the level where you are competing with Bezos over cloud storage, good luck with this fantasy.

4. "Bitmain should have revealed to us in real time how many units they intended to build, how many they had sold, etc., etc."  See above response.

5. "Bitmain is evil because they did not call the A3 a "SIA" miner."  This tells me all I need to know about the mindset of certain people.  Hmm.  Let's think about this one.  Let me put on my lawyer hat for a moment. 

If I, as Bitmain, correctly anticipate that Team SIA might pull some stunt like a hard fork, which would render my miner unable to mine SIA, what is my legal team going to tell me?  "Whatever else you do, don't call it a SIA miner, because the moment it can't mine SIA, you are going to get sued."  Call it instead a Blake2b miner, because if anyone complains in the future, your response is:  I sold you a Blake2b miner, and a Blake2b miner is what you got.  Anticipation of this sort denotes intelligence, and I am sure Team SIA reads this the same way I do.

And finally this:  If I wanted to do battle with a powerful competitor, what possible reason would I have to spell out my battle plan in public 10+ months in advance?  I can think of only one reason.  SIA was smart enough to realize what might happen, therefore they didn't fully fund the project.  They let their customers fund the project because hey, if their fears turn out to be correct and Bitmain scoops them, it is not their money on the line.

No sane business person announces to the world in advance, "Hey, I plan to buy a controlling number of shares in Company X 10 months from now."  Why not you ask?  Because if the rest of the world takes you at your word they will front run the crap out of you.

I've poured over the Reddit postings and it disgusts me.  50% of it is just incredibly juvenile, and 50% is the most cynical, dissembling BS I have read in many a month.

1,Bitmain mining sia since April 2017,Many chinese miners know。I think dev term already know in Aril because https://yunbi.com/
2,If Dev term do not hard fork ,Move Bitmain,They maybe accepted bribes,We need new dev term

Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!
January 26, 2018, 12:53:59 AM

Few quick points:

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
January 25, 2018, 11:57:08 PM
Activity: 114
Merit: 7
January 25, 2018, 09:13:23 PM
Hi, is there anybody who store their files on Sia in a production scope?
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
January 25, 2018, 08:50:51 PM

In history of every coin that ASICS became available, price increased dramatically.  Many examples to choose from here.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
January 25, 2018, 08:35:22 PM
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
January 25, 2018, 08:23:21 PM
Gpu mining still possible?
Didnt get any shares for a long periord, I am mining eth/sia at nanopool.

Is it still worth mining with GPUs ? I used to mine on siamining with marlin on 5 x 1050ti (poor miner).

Probably not anymore. The Antminer A3 ASICs are currently being distributed and so far, after 3 days, the difficulty has raised 5x (and so the profitability for GPUs has drop to 1/5). Most probably the difficulty will increase another 10x or more in the next weeks

They promised the cheapest coin and the cheapest transactions, but in reality what? Has grown by capitalization and has become one of the most expensive.

Knock the door of your exchange and demand them to make cheaper withdrawals, because while they charge you 10-30SC per withdrawal, the real network fee is 0.45SC per transaction: https://siastats.info/tx_fees.html . And as they group multiple withdrawals per TX, their cost per TX is even lower.

Hi all,

Did Antpool drop the SC-pool?

Cheerz,
Wieme

They shut it down a few hours after releasing it, probably because they are unable to make the pool work. Their API is still live, they are reporting about 40THs of hashrate on average (https://siastats.info/mining_pools.html) but they are unable to find blocks
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
January 25, 2018, 06:22:00 PM
Sia is not blocking anything.

"After much consideration and discussion, we've decided to not invalidate A3 miners via soft-fork unless Bitmain takes direct action to harm the Sia project. We're incredibly excited about 2018 and will move forward stronger."

https://twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/956580410779107333

Hard fork ,Move Bitmain,If not ,We need other dev term
Activity: 42
January 25, 2018, 04:06:04 PM
Is it still worth mining with GPUs ? I used to mine on siamining with marlin on 5 x 1050ti (poor miner).

I want to know that too..
Activity: 560
Merit: 128
January 25, 2018, 02:20:19 PM
They promised the cheapest coin and the cheapest transactions, but in reality what? Has grown by capitalization and has become one of the most expensive.
Activity: 8
January 25, 2018, 02:07:53 PM
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
January 25, 2018, 02:06:40 PM
Sia is not blocking anything.

"After much consideration and discussion, we've decided to not invalidate A3 miners via soft-fork unless Bitmain takes direct action to harm the Sia project. We're incredibly excited about 2018 and will move forward stronger."

https://twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/956580410779107333
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 8633
icarus-cards.eu
January 25, 2018, 11:55:08 AM
Why the hell does it cost 10 siacoins to withdrawl from Poloniex?
HitBtc it costs 30. Sia to withdraw

Fee cost  is  not a science. Every exchange sets its  own and we have no option there. But certainly they should  pull it down. I would prefer to have it in 0.1 - 0.01 range.

thats right.
every exchange sets its own prices. that can be very little but can be in the other direction (more expensive)
Activity: 219
Merit: 15
January 25, 2018, 10:59:08 AM

Fee cost  is  not a science. Every exchange sets its  own and we have no option there. But certainly they should  pull it down. I would prefer to have it in 0.1 - 0.01 range.
Activity: 51
January 25, 2018, 10:17:33 AM
Hi all,

Did Antpool drop the SC-pool?

Cheerz,
Wieme
Activity: 42
January 25, 2018, 09:47:19 AM
ITs definitely worth 1500-2000 sat.
Only think what is necessary  is binance

I mean the one pump up to 1000 sats I guess it was, was amazing..

Let's see how SIA will perform ones the krypto market explodes in a positive way Wink
Activity: 45
January 25, 2018, 09:13:12 AM
Jump to: