Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 112. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 1
January 28, 2018, 08:02:34 AM
He guys , very excited about this Coin , however can not make the wallet work ! Win-10  64 Wallet v.1.3.1 ?
What am I doing wrong !?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 28, 2018, 02:09:53 AM
anyone here mining with an A3?
how many SC are U getting per hour?

me only ~100 SC   Huh
It's always better to just buy the coin than mine.  That's why mining is a dying business.  PoS is where it's at.

DID RESEARCH ON THE TEAM

real professional

good investment potential

Activity: 752
Merit: 500
January 27, 2018, 09:42:57 PM

me only ~100 SC   Huh
It's always better to just buy the coin than mine.  That's why mining is a dying business.  PoS is where it's at.
Activity: 448
January 27, 2018, 09:30:49 PM
Sia is not blocking anything.

"After much consideration and discussion, we've decided to not invalidate A3 miners via soft-fork unless Bitmain takes direct action to harm the Sia project. We're incredibly excited about 2018 and will move forward stronger."

https://twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/956580410779107333

Hard fork ,Move Bitmain,If not ,We need other dev term

look at the good side... this will increasy difficulty and attract more investor. this storm around bitmain is really good. this year we will see a nice spike in price.

Storj has integrated with #FileZilla!, so Where is SC now? we need some partnership with some services , companies . Don't let us down SC
Activity: 286
in LTC i trust
January 27, 2018, 09:22:24 PM
Sia is not blocking anything.

"After much consideration and discussion, we've decided to not invalidate A3 miners via soft-fork unless Bitmain takes direct action to harm the Sia project. We're incredibly excited about 2018 and will move forward stronger."

https://twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/956580410779107333

Hard fork ,Move Bitmain,If not ,We need other dev term

look at the good side... this will increasy difficulty and attract more investor. this storm around bitmain is really good. this year we will see a nice spike in price.

Activity: 101
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 12:51:29 PM
I just downloaded siacoin desktop wallet. And when i try to unlock my wallet with the password i choose i get this error.

"error when calling /wallet/unlock: provided encryption key is incorrect"

Someone knows how to fix this?

If you just downloaded the client, and are trying to unlock a wallet that was being used in other computer, you can't use the password (is the password only works locally, in the original machine). Use the recovery seed instead.

Alternatively if what you are using is the seed: it might be possible you created another wallet when you installed Sia, and if you try to use another seed from another wallet, Sia will say the seed is incorrect. Not because the seed is bad by itself, but because Sia is expecting the seed from the current wallet. To switch to an old wallet, first delete the current wallet folder. For this, go to "About" > "Open sia folder" and delete the sub-folder "wallet". Then re-start Sia and click on "Load wallet" (an icon of an old-fashioned key)
Very detailed explantion, guiding steps on how to unclock wallet before reinstall it and resync it with Sia's network.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
January 27, 2018, 12:47:27 PM
I just downloaded siacoin desktop wallet. And when i try to unlock my wallet with the password i choose i get this error.

If you just downloaded the client, and are trying to unlock a wallet that was being used in other computer, you can't use the password (is the password only works locally, in the original machine). Use the recovery seed instead.

Alternatively if what you are using is the seed: it might be possible you created another wallet when you installed Sia, and if you try to use another seed from another wallet, Sia will say the seed is incorrect. Not because the seed is bad by itself, but because Sia is expecting the seed from the current wallet. To switch to an old wallet, first delete the current wallet folder. For this, go to "About" > "Open sia folder" and delete the sub-folder "wallet". Then re-start Sia and click on "Load wallet" (an icon of an old-fashioned key)
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
simply getting the job done
January 27, 2018, 07:35:16 AM
I think the Sia project is a pretty interesting project and quite promising for long-term projects. But it is very unfortunately that the look of this project is not so interesting. Should Sia create a more attractive appearance so as to captivate the passing eye. Because, by looking at the initial look, can make people interested to follow and study your big project. Because so many projects are coming up, we have to do that.
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
January 27, 2018, 07:28:02 AM
Are the SIA mining ASICS already coming on the market? This could be the premise to a nice rise in the price of the coin, am I right?

shouldnt more SC on the market create a massive price drop ?
Mining with ASIC's does not mean more SC on the market.  It simply means higher difficulty in mining and more hashing power to get the same blocks. 

are Asic owners holding the coins like I do ? Thats the question
Activity: 448
January 27, 2018, 07:11:59 AM
With a proper plan i do think SC will be okay this year, well if you partnership with Drop box, One drive, Google Drive. The price of SC will go UP
Activity: 336
January 27, 2018, 06:48:49 AM
SIA is a good distributed storage project, but as an investor in the short-term pursuit of return, I think it might be more appropriate to buy STORJ.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
January 27, 2018, 05:03:53 AM

me only ~100 SC   Huh
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
January 27, 2018, 04:19:11 AM
Are the SIA mining ASICS already coming on the market? This could be the premise to a nice rise in the price of the coin, am I right?

Mining with ASIC's does not mean more SC on the market.  It simply means higher difficulty in mining and more hashing power to get the same blocks. 
Activity: 201
January 27, 2018, 03:26:32 AM

We already have seen massive price drop in past. Because of massive increase in supply i am still confused weather i should invest or not, Although Sia is great project with real case use in future but being investor i also have to look return.

How massive will be exactly the increase in supply? I didn't follow the latest developments, no mention of this increase on OP, but I own some SIA and I'm interested in these marginal details like increment of supply...

The increase in hashrate (about 10x compared to 1 week ago right now) is having zero impact in the supply and will have zero impact even if it increases 1000x. This is a common misunderstanding of people not familiar with Proof of Work. The blockchain has a parameter called "Difficulty" that increases at the same rate as the hashrate in the network. This makes that no matter how many ASICs connect to the network, the block time, and so the block rewards (that create the increase in supply) remains exactly the same. The Supply is predictable and immutable: https://siastats.info/supply_inflation.html

Actually the two last hardforks we had in the last months were aimed to make the difficulty algorithm to update the difficulty every block instead of every 4 days, so with the arrival of ASICs the impact in the block generation was zero.

1,Bitmain mining sia since April 2017,Many chinese miners know。I think dev term already know in Aril because https://yunbi.com/
2,If Dev term do not hard fork ,Move Bitmain,They maybe accepted bribes,We need new dev term

1 - That is simply false. It is impossible there was any ASIC from Bitmain in April: there was no significative increase in the hashrate
2 - Can you think twice about what you wrote? Are you aware how much money Nebulous (core devs company) is losing due to Bitmain? Obelisk is a subsidiary of Nebulous that manufactures ASICs for Sia. With the release of Antminers, the sales of Obelisks have been affected, as they are going to be delivered by June and by then they will be considerably less profitable. Bitmain released these miners only for damaging en emerging company that otherwise would have competed with them

It is fact,Same thing happened in X11,Asic mining dash over one year before Asic sell! In April ,Someone brought Sia asic from Yunbi CTO
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 27, 2018, 03:12:48 AM

Activity: 140
Merit: 17
BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY
January 27, 2018, 01:14:05 AM

We already have seen massive price drop in past. Because of massive increase in supply i am still confused weather i should invest or not, Although Sia is great project with real case use in future but being investor i also have to look return.

How massive will be exactly the increase in supply? I didn't follow the latest developments, no mention of this increase on OP, but I own some SIA and I'm interested in these marginal details like increment of supply...

The increase in hashrate (about 10x compared to 1 week ago right now) is having zero impact in the supply and will have zero impact even if it increases 1000x. This is a common misunderstanding of people not familiar with Proof of Work. The blockchain has a parameter called "Difficulty" that increases at the same rate as the hashrate in the network. This makes that no matter how many ASICs connect to the network, the block time, and so the block rewards (that create the increase in supply) remains exactly the same. The Supply is predictable and immutable: https://siastats.info/supply_inflation.html

Actually the two last hardforks we had in the last months were aimed to make the difficulty algorithm to update the difficulty every block instead of every 4 days, so with the arrival of ASICs the impact in the block generation was zero.

1,Bitmain mining sia since April 2017,Many chinese miners know。I think dev term already know in Aril because https://yunbi.com/
2,If Dev term do not hard fork ,Move Bitmain,They maybe accepted bribes,We need new dev term

1 - That is simply false. It is impossible there was any ASIC from Bitmain in April: there was no significative increase in the hashrate
2 - Can you think twice about what you wrote? Are you aware how much money Nebulous (core devs company) is losing due to Bitmain? Obelisk is a subsidiary of Nebulous that manufactures ASICs for Sia. With the release of Antminers, the sales of Obelisks have been affected, as they are going to be delivered by June and by then they will be considerably less profitable. Bitmain released these miners only for damaging en emerging company that otherwise would have competed with them

TEK and SIA both valuable for staking on rasberry pi miners it takes time but this is the gimmick of this low eco-friendly mining platform ;-D more to come!!! ===>

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=TEK_BTC
January 26, 2018, 10:58:46 PM

the supply coming from GPU mining took a major dip. RIP dual Sia mining...
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
January 26, 2018, 10:17:15 PM

Activity: 157
January 26, 2018, 08:19:14 PM

January 26, 2018, 02:32:34 PM
GPU mining is basically over now so lets hope Asic owners split the hashrate across the pools.
Jump to: