Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 116. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
January 23, 2018, 07:22:41 AM
What's yours price prediction in short term?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
January 23, 2018, 07:17:13 AM
It is strange that Polo still has wallet on maintenance, even if fork is already occurred

So Polo is still a thing? Hmmm didn't know, stoped using it few months ago...
 Cool
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 05:14:36 AM
It is strange that Polo still has wallet on maintenance, even if fork is already occurred

3 tickets opened, no answer... it is really strange jeah

I suggest everyone who is having issues with siacoin transfers out of poloniex to send a tweet on their official  twitter this way public can see that they don't respond to support tickets for aged issues for lost transfers
https://twitter.com/Poloniex
Activity: 97
January 23, 2018, 05:09:04 AM
soft fork to rekt all siacoin asics ~ next stop 1337 :-D weee
this time I heard the term softfork,
usually i with hardfork
can you explain the difference between the two?

Softforks are forwards-compatible

Old nodes will accept blocks created by new nodes.

With a softfork, only miners will have to upgrade, or else they will end up on the losing fork. Users and merchants can keep running older nodes, which will accept the newer blocks.

Hardforks are not forwards-compatible

Old nodes may not accept blocks created by new nodes.

With a hardfork, everyone (miners, users, and merchants) will need to upgrade to the new code.
Activity: 448
Merit: 17
January 23, 2018, 03:51:46 AM
this time I heard the term softfork,
usually i with hardfork
can you explain the difference between the two?
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
January 23, 2018, 03:48:44 AM

Not only that sometime Poloniex withdrawal will make you angry because they will not respond to the support tickets we send and sometimes wallets will be in maintenance and no proper support from the Poloniex. Previously Poloniex is one of the biggest exchange but now they lose faith.

true. My withdrawal request for 38000 sia had failed with Error on Jan 13, I've submitted a ticket, and still waiting for support.
Activity: 644
January 23, 2018, 03:23:17 AM

Not only that sometime Poloniex withdrawal will make you angry because they will not respond to the support tickets we send and sometimes wallets will be in maintenance and no proper support from the Poloniex. Previously Poloniex is one of the biggest exchange but now they lose faith.
Activity: 41
January 23, 2018, 03:15:30 AM
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining that an ASIC is out for Sia.  Every coin that has every had an asic produced has skyrocketed in price.

I don't have an issue with what is used to mine, My frustration be with the following. A certain country 'bans cryptocurrency and trading and then limit its crypto mining', so what give that country the right to have anything to do with cryptocurrency?

Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
January 23, 2018, 02:43:55 AM

3 tickets opened, no answer... it is really strange jeah
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
January 23, 2018, 02:28:04 AM
Activity: 140
BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY
January 22, 2018, 05:15:26 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining that an ASIC is out for Sia.  Every coin that has every had an asic produced has skyrocketed in price.

That is my feeling as well. It is simply competition, and since each Siacoin will be more difficult to mine it should be good for the value.

Mostly because it will do little to help in the aim of becoming the ultimate decentralized storage solution, most SIA functions require Siacoin to work in a POWish sort of way, if that is put in the hands of a handful of individuals using ASICs, that vision is lost already. In the end the only ones that don't complain about ASICs are those that have them.

Bitmain beating the Obelisks to the market is nothing short of poetic justice.

Activity: 38
January 22, 2018, 04:48:17 PM

That is my feeling as well. It is simply competition, and since each Siacoin will be more difficult to mine it should be good for the value.

Mostly because it will do little to help in the aim of becoming the ultimate decentralized storage solution, most SIA functions require Siacoin to work in a POWish sort of way, if that is put in the hands of a handful of individuals using ASICs, that vision is lost already. In the end the only ones that don't complain about ASICs are those that have them.

Bitmain beating the Obelisks to the market is nothing short of poetic justice.
Activity: 11
January 22, 2018, 03:42:31 PM
Cool promising project! Join now!
Activity: 8
January 22, 2018, 03:31:14 PM
a very great project, and looking forward to this great project to evolve and much improve in the near future. wishing you this project a big success. goodluck dev/team
Activity: 78
January 22, 2018, 03:19:30 PM
every coin which gets support by asics becomes a mainstream
come back in a few months and you'll see

A few weeks is enough as A3 only 10 days of waiting. Looking for 100% maybe ?
Activity: 174
Merit: 12
January 22, 2018, 02:37:56 PM
every coin which gets support by asics becomes a mainstream
come back in a few months and you'll see
January 22, 2018, 12:16:41 PM

bitmain is going to ruin this coin :\ meh
January 22, 2018, 11:58:49 AM
I think these ASICS are a good thing to keep the network running and the blockchain secured. This should be a good thing for this coin. A company that creates an ASIC for a coin must have good faith in it otherwise they would not bother developing one

sia can mining by ASICS ? where can buy ,i want to invest one.

there https://obelisk.tech/ you can get it  Wink

show us one in real life! :\ have you actually seen this devices? tia.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 8633
icarus-cards.eu
January 22, 2018, 10:52:20 AM
I think these ASICS are a good thing to keep the network running and the blockchain secured. This should be a good thing for this coin. A company that creates an ASIC for a coin must have good faith in it otherwise they would not bother developing one

there https://obelisk.tech/ you can get it  Wink
Activity: 3
January 22, 2018, 10:34:46 AM

Jump to: