Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 117. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 100
January 22, 2018, 10:31:18 AM
The hardfork should have happened yesterday about midday CET. Has it happened at all? I can't see any change in mining difficulty.
Activity: 154
Merit: 5
January 22, 2018, 07:05:32 AM
SIA WILL START RISING SOON..... Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 171
January 22, 2018, 06:36:59 AM
One of the best projects as an idea is for me. The current price is around 4 cents. I expect 20 cents after the market increase. Investors should wait a little.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
January 22, 2018, 06:28:05 AM
I think these ASICS are a good thing to keep the network running and the blockchain secured. This should be a good thing for this coin. A company that creates an ASIC for a coin must have good faith in it otherwise they would not bother developing one

I dont know much about mining but continuity and security
are 2 very important factors in nearly all crypto but especially
so for SIA.

I have to say there is mostly positivity surrounding SIA at the
moment, it will serve it well as new developments are reached.
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
January 22, 2018, 06:19:05 AM
I think these ASICS are a good thing to keep the network running and the blockchain secured. This should be a good thing for this coin. A company that creates an ASIC for a coin must have good faith in it otherwise they would not bother developing one
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
January 22, 2018, 05:09:37 AM
I bought this coin for 10 cents.Im little disappointed right now, but i hope market finally get big waves.
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
January 22, 2018, 03:29:47 AM
did the last SC fork really solve problem with SC long time confirms (up to 30 minutes)?
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
January 22, 2018, 02:56:56 AM
i think it is time for you to hodl. because it is a normal situation when we see condition on the market which in uncertain like this. the graphic up and down and sometimes makes us feel affraid. Siacoin it is a best alternative coin for a long term investment. So try it !
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
January 21, 2018, 08:59:04 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining that an ASIC is out for Sia.  Every coin that has every had an asic produced has skyrocketed in price.

That is my feeling as well. It is simply competition, and since each Siacoin will be more difficult to mine it should be good for the value.
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
January 21, 2018, 03:37:46 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining that an ASIC is out for Sia.  Every coin that has every had an asic produced has skyrocketed in price.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
January 21, 2018, 03:08:27 PM
Since everyone was talking about fork has happened on Siacoin to readjust the difficulty and to introduce some changes. I will ask what kind of fork was this actually soft fork or hard fork because this is of my interest as well. I was away from this thread didn't catch what has been done.
Soft fork just update

Actually it is a hardfork: old versions of the client software (1.3.0) are incompatible with the new blocks being mined

Hello! What are the latest news about the company? What are the innovations? What is happening now?

Check the last tri-annual update, it includes some insights about the operational roadmap for this year: https://blog.sia.tech/sia-triannual-update-september-december-2017-8afdf9c10325

why did siacoin sell out to bitmain? :\ meh

What do you mean by "selling out to Bitmain"? The mining algorithm of Sia is public (all Sia is open source) so any manufacturer can design an ASIC for the coin.... unfortunately, because neither the developing team nor a great part of the community is happy with it. It was actually a very unwelcome and unfriendly movement of Bitmain.
Activity: 35
January 21, 2018, 02:04:37 PM
Since everyone was talking about fork has happened on Siacoin to readjust the difficulty and to introduce some changes. I will ask what kind of fork was this actually soft fork or hard fork because this is of my interest as well. I was away from this thread didn't catch what has been done.

Soft fork just update
Activity: 1288
Merit: 102
January 21, 2018, 01:52:45 PM
Activity: 8
January 21, 2018, 01:48:07 PM
Hello! What are the latest news about the company? What are the innovations? What is happening now?
Activity: 11
January 21, 2018, 01:45:18 PM
hard to admit that i dont know much about this project ,its new for me, but im willing learn all about eb2x project and on it rigth now. goodluck to this project and wishing all the best of your team. goodluck dev.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY
January 21, 2018, 01:40:28 PM
May I know what happen after we forked? Any changes?

The Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm has been corrected to target block generation every 10 minutes. Previously it was targeting 30 min due to a bug introduced on December.

So starting today the mining difficulty and block times will start to go down slowly. My back-of-the-napkin calculations say they will be fully corrected in 3 days

why did siacoin sell out to bitmain? :\ meh
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
January 21, 2018, 01:13:33 PM

The Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm has been corrected to target block generation every 10 minutes. Previously it was targeting 30 min due to a bug introduced on December.

So starting today the mining difficulty and block times will start to go down slowly. My back-of-the-napkin calculations say they will be fully corrected in 3 days
Activity: 78
January 21, 2018, 11:39:03 AM
Any link for the next Fork please ?
Doesnt seem algo changes Wink
Activity: 2
January 21, 2018, 10:43:47 AM
Activity: 952
Merit: 542
Freedom dies from suicide
January 21, 2018, 07:17:02 AM
We are FORKED!  Wink
Jump to: