Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 118. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 5
January 21, 2018, 06:46:38 AM
Buy & Hold #Siacoin, it will give better returns....💲💲💲
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
January 21, 2018, 03:07:27 AM
why the price does not grow? .... Fork is very soon already

The fork is set to reduce difficulty - therefore a rapid increase in the supply of coins - as you know, any rapid increase in supply is never good for price. Also long term, Sia has an impressive 3292.83 TB of network storage available, but only 114.49 TB is being used. That's a usage rate of only 3.4% - it is essential that this number starts to increase otherwise, the Sia project will likely fail - having over 95% of your assets idle is not good for any business, and isn't good for people holding the coin since nobody wants to buy it to use for storage (again supply and demand)

if difficulty gone lower  this means more miner profits which will lead to more miners then difficulty will goes double in feew weeks
more difficulty = more price will come up
look at dash when bitmain made D3 price jumped at least 10X
LTC price jumped 10X +
obelisk was really slow and mining for theirself same as baikal in dash
so now SC price should at least do 10X in the next few weeks not because the fork but for Bitmain miners
SC team cant change the algorithm that easy that mean change the coin itself , it will be total loss if they did that and no one will take their product
at any mined coin look at difficulty chart and price chart u will find it the same
any coin gets its price from its difficulty
what happened with NXT because not mining like ETH
sia considered as currency and service same like ETH but in different way
coins like monero , zcash ,  ... only currencies got thier value from their mining difficulty
Activity: 108
Merit: 0
January 21, 2018, 01:31:38 AM

The fork is set to reduce difficulty - therefore a rapid increase in the supply of coins - as you know, any rapid increase in supply is never good for price. Also long term, Sia has an impressive 3292.83 TB of network storage available, but only 114.49 TB is being used. That's a usage rate of only 3.4% - it is essential that this number starts to increase otherwise, the Sia project will likely fail - having over 95% of your assets idle is not good for any business, and isn't good for people holding the coin since nobody wants to buy it to use for storage (again supply and demand)

it is very interesting that in this case!? it is already clear that failure to release miners for Siacoin happened!!! what to expect in the future, what opinion do you have? sorry I use the translator as I from Russia. and what recourse is there for developers ?
Activity: 168
January 20, 2018, 11:34:29 PM
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/
Look at the chart for Siacoin, there are some significant periodicity in its history. By understanding that, we can take profits from Sia.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY
January 20, 2018, 11:03:01 PM
Anyone knows is it able to mine SIA on ASICs? There was some news few month ago. So?

yes i just heard bitmain has start producing a new siacoin asic :-D
Activity: 32
January 20, 2018, 10:43:41 PM
The password is your seed Grin
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
January 20, 2018, 09:22:39 PM
Downloaded the wallet for OSX and it's asking me for a password I never created.  How to reset it?  Maybe it needs to sync first?
Activity: 8
January 20, 2018, 05:36:02 PM

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
January 20, 2018, 12:34:12 PM
Anyone knows is it able to mine SIA on ASICs? There was some news few month ago. So?
Activity: 26
January 20, 2018, 12:31:45 PM
January 20, 2018, 12:03:26 PM
Yes, of course, we need advertising! and a lot of advertising !!!
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
January 20, 2018, 11:44:41 AM
Hey guys according to me we need to promote and support SiaCoin... as it is having a great technology and Development team... but due to lack of their advertisement strategy SiaCoin is lagging behind. What a beautiful concept , we must admire it... it might solve the storage flaws and provide us a secure affordable storage facility.
January 20, 2018, 11:31:38 AM
all spoils the Antminer A3 asik !!! the price of siacoin will be reduced very much and the release of the asiks from the siakon is failed! who has any suggestions, opinions on this matter?
Activity: 260
Merit: 100
January 20, 2018, 10:55:00 AM
I want to store some file on cloud and try to use it, do you have any mature application now?
Activity: 90
January 20, 2018, 10:54:32 AM
Don t know if that s possible at this rate. All this coin is doin is losing value less than 70% from it s all time high which is not a good sign. Maybe the dump will be even harder after the fork like what Happened with NXT. Anyway I m holding someone s bag for the time being nothing that can be done about it.

One thing is certain: hardfork deadline is not helping the price.
Because people are not keen to follow the "bifurcation" right now because many bifurcated coins are worthless
Activity: 103
January 20, 2018, 10:47:40 AM
on which exchange the fork will be distributed ?
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
January 20, 2018, 05:46:18 AM
Considering next fork, I have problem upgrading wallet from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1.
Till now, I was doing wallet upgrade either replacing siac/siad files with newer ones OR using siac update command. Both ways are not possible in my case for 1.3.0. to 1.3.1 update.
After doing update I can't unlock wallet using siac wallet unlock command - after pasting password it doesn't wait for key, but complaints immediately after pasting and doesn't unlocks wallet.
Tried typing password with the same result. I'm not using UI and this way of unlocking was functioning up to ver. 1.3.0. I had to downgrade to 1.3.0. to use wallet.
Any idea how to solve problem or should I wait for next update?

Anyone using wallet 1.3.1. from command line and having same unlocking problem?

I have not personally had this issue with the wallet. I do from time to time have my pc lock up whilst it’s hosting files. I think it’s something to do with cryptonote miner running in conjunction with siad.  On their own they run indefinitely or until windows decides I need a feature update🤯

Can you try to open it in the GUI wallet and see if you have same issue?  If so maybe is corrupted wallet file.  At that point you would need to restore from seed or create new wallet and send all coins from the old to new.  If your hosting files I’d imagine that’s gonna screw things up for ya.  Maybe hit someone up at https://sia.tech  contact info at bottom of page.

BR
Doug

Thank You for trying to help. Wallet file is ok and still working with pre-1.3.1 siac/siad. I'm trying to avoid UI and at all cost making new walet and synchronizing from start. Something changed with wallet unlock in 1.3.1. siac/siad so unlocking from command line is not functioning.
Since nobody is using command-line siac/siad, I'll try to migrate my 1.3.0 command-line wallet to 1.3.1 UI. I'll keep posting about results.
Activity: 1
January 20, 2018, 05:17:34 AM
Hello everyone, I have sia on bittrex it’s ok to leave them there during the fork?
I am wondering the same thing for exchanges in general and for any kind of coin. Still learning here.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Future of Global Copyright Registration
January 20, 2018, 12:52:12 AM
Bitmain Unveils the Antminer A3 ASIC Miner for Siacoin

Sia's difficulty is going to skyrocket soon. This coin is going to become ASIC coin only if the development team decides to do hard fork and prevent those ASIC from mining their coin. Is that possible?
Activity: 62
January 20, 2018, 12:49:31 AM
Hello everyone, I have sia on bittrex it’s ok to leave them there during the fork?
Jump to: