Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 19. (Read 1382145 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001
April 07, 2019, 04:13:55 AM
Just watched introductory video about Draco before jumping on it to see how it really works. That short video explains all and made me really curious to play with it. Those screenshots were shared shows really big achievement as per was claimed in these words biggest move so far. Sia on the other hand is providing unlimited chances of free coins continuously.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
April 07, 2019, 02:55:43 AM
Which charateristics, and technical features of the release forced you to think that it is one of biggest upgrades ever of Sia coin?

You can finally back up your entire Sia instance, so if your computer is lost or damaged you can easily recover ALL files stored on Sia.
Renters can now store over 5 TB of files on a single Sia instance, and can expect significant performance improvements when uploading large numbers of files.
The new .sia file format is a monumental change in the Sia code, they reduced the I/O requirements of reading, writing, and modifying the .sia files so Sia can do things more efficiently. It can repair files faster, fetch files faster, get portions of files, handle more simultaneous uploads and downloads, and reduce the system load.

Waiting for the 1.4.1. & 1.4.2 version to see all the File streaming improvements
Activity: 546
Merit: 159
April 07, 2019, 02:39:42 AM
Long waiting upgrades tend to have good instant effects after officially released, so I think this one might bring good things to Siacoin price in very short term.
In longterm, it will depends mainly on movements of Bitcoin next several weeks and whether bitcoin can maintain its price above $5000 and break $6000 or not.
I really hope that this update will help SC gaining more value
Which charateristics, and technical features of the release forced you to think that it is one of biggest upgrades ever of Sia coin?
They have released the new Sia v1.4.0 Draco, one of the biggest ever Sia releases!
Can be downloaded  at https://sia.tech/get-started

https://twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/1112801234304602115
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
April 05, 2019, 03:59:28 PM
Hello, maybe someone can help me?
With the new Sia GUI version 1.40, I do not know how to specify a different path for the blockchain. The old variant with the file "...\Roaming\Sia-UI\config.json" does not work.
System is Windows 10.
Thank you!
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
in LTC i trust
April 04, 2019, 08:37:41 PM
just sold my OCN and put all to buy more siacoin Tongue

Activity: 784
April 02, 2019, 08:11:02 AM
Still worth mining with Nvidia GPU?
I stopped mining Siacoin with GPUs months ago.
I used to mine the coin with dual mining mod before the release of ASICs.
Honestly, I don't mine it now and even recent months, but you can guess that ASICs usually dominated network, and make mining become less profitable or unprofitable for GPUs, so it maybe the case of Siacoin recent months.

I understood, in case then and buy low and sell high, HOLD forever. Thank you, and these ASCI miners are hard to compete with.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 319
April 02, 2019, 07:46:14 AM
Sia is an old coin lot of new coins coming up in cold storage space sia should speed up their development to current day requirements
Really little development from the team. Today, you need to quickly develop. A lot of other projects may come to the market this year.

TBH, although it may seem slow, its not that other projects in same space
developed faster, at least I didn't notice any production ready yet
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
April 02, 2019, 05:06:03 AM
Sia is an old coin lot of new coins coming up in cold storage space sia should speed up their development to current day requirements
Really little development from the team. Today, you need to quickly develop. A lot of other projects may come to the market this year.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 02, 2019, 04:32:57 AM
Read whitepaper, good project.
April 02, 2019, 04:09:51 AM
I really hope that this update will help SC gaining more value

They have released the new Sia v1.4.0 Draco, one of the biggest ever Sia releases!
Can be downloaded  at https://sia.tech/get-started

https://twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/1112801234304602115
Activity: 420
Merit: 18
April 02, 2019, 02:40:11 AM
April 02, 2019, 02:15:05 AM
Still worth mining with Nvidia GPU?
I stopped mining Siacoin with GPUs months ago.
I used to mine the coin with dual mining mod before the release of ASICs.
Honestly, I don't mine it now and even recent months, but you can guess that ASICs usually dominated network, and make mining become less profitable or unprofitable for GPUs, so it maybe the case of Siacoin recent months.
Activity: 784
April 01, 2019, 10:37:56 PM
Still worth mining with Nvidia GPU? I gave up a little while ago because I did not have time to keep up with the profitability and cost of energy here where I live and very high - Brazil.
in LTC i trust
April 01, 2019, 08:56:50 PM
nice to see big twitter account telling they have #siacoin bags  Smiley
March 31, 2019, 09:59:58 AM
Sia, before the ASIC era was doing great
I cannot see right now any bright future... the development is too slow  Sad
ASIC makes life become harder for small miners, and non-ASIC miners.
In fact, ASIC-dominant hashrates and affect on difficulty despite of the adjustment of Sia on diffculty algorithm long time ago.
however, storage industry has big potential, so I think that you might be fine if you invest in Sia for long term.
Let's hold it if you have enough patience, then you can get profits.
March 30, 2019, 02:07:59 PM
Sia, before the ASIC era was doing great
I cannot see right now any bright future... the development is too slow  Sad
Activity: 2506
Merit: 319
March 22, 2019, 05:01:19 PM
SC price will never rise until devs fork away from Obelisk dumpsters they introduced with previous fork...  Lips sealed
When FOMO come back, nothing is impossible.
Even in 2017, without Obelisk, no one believed that Siacoin would rise high like what actually happened that year.
So, with Obelisk, it does not matter, the matter is when FOMO come back.

I believed in it, it gave me best ROI, along with XRP Smiley

Luckily I sold before it went down too much
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
March 21, 2019, 01:21:03 PM
SC price will never rise until devs fork away from Obelisk dumpsters they introduced with previous fork...  Lips sealed

the fork still happend ---> siaclassic but in my point of view, i wish i had bought an obelisk the 1st day... ppl blame but if you go back in 2013 or early i don't remember that mining was profitable... a rig with 3000watt was expensive for the electricity bill... but i'm happy that have mined some coin Wink

and for ppl that tell it was a bad investment last year, sure btc was a bad investment too like most part of projects... it's like some friend that bought btc at 20k when i told them to buy since 2013...  so buy the fomo and sell the dip...

I managed to dump my sia obelisk sc1's (5) (one card was bad got the replacement a week before I sold the works) as such I mined 1.25 million siacoin ...on a pool wallet with a buddy..I still can't get
the sia wallet to work on windows 10 and the paper wallet is a joke and not supported to the boot...of course with a paper wallet you eventually need a decent desktop wallet...

yeah...my trouble the project is the above...pumping out equipment and not taking the time on the little things nor any time IMHO on actually getting their supposed network up to
a point they promised 1 year ago at this time...

so anyway, I did sell the above..and with the siacoin mined (today's price) it is a bit over the 4.11 btc I  spent on 1st batch...back in the day....barely broke even a bit more with above

siacoin (assuming it holds above a $1.10 value)

But WITHOUT THE FORK I would have been doomed.....the units sat in the boxes as doorstops for 2 months...not worth turning on

now they are into what the 5-6th batch of siacoin equipment and the grin units....and they have basically nothing to show for it but a lot of siacoin and difficulty pumps
w/o the 'cloud storage' or even the wallet and such stuff probably even being looked at

also, the 'compensation promised' in my case about $600 bucks..by end of Jan 2018 seems to not be coming either

I suspect they are following the butterfly labs scam ...where you get the equipment out the door late..but built and out...say you are a bad manager.....to avoid fraud with

the SEC and then promptly go bankrupt at some point the last of your equipment hits the world..this may not be the case...but follows the same path from BFL days so far..

we will see. but yeah..the fork was a fluke but I took the money on the sale to btc and ran with it Smiley

brad
in LTC i trust
March 21, 2019, 07:26:19 AM
SC price will never rise until devs fork away from Obelisk dumpsters they introduced with previous fork...  Lips sealed

the fork still happend ---> siaclassic but in my point of view, i wish i had bought an obelisk the 1st day... ppl blame but if you go back in 2013 or early i don't remember that mining was profitable... a rig with 3000watt was expensive for the electricity bill... but i'm happy that have mined some coin Wink

and for ppl that tell it was a bad investment last year, sure btc was a bad investment too like most part of projects... it's like some friend that bought btc at 20k when i told them to buy since 2013...  so buy the fomo and sell the dip...
Activity: 487
March 21, 2019, 04:23:10 AM
When FOMO come back, nothing is impossible.
Even in 2017, without Obelisk, no one believed that Siacoin would rise high like what actually happened that year.
So, with Obelisk, it does not matter, the matter is when FOMO come back.
Pages:
Jump to: