Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 21. (Read 1382145 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
February 26, 2019, 01:36:14 PM
all the coins grow, what happened with Sia?
copper member
Activity: 130
February 15, 2019, 05:15:08 PM
Yes both outstanding projects, which actually are putting not only effort in but turning biz models into more brick and mortar to preventing the ICO bubble from killing them off. I have added 16 enterprise grade in data centers machines to the prime project.  The concept in my opinion is solid, and not just a mining $ opp.

[/quote]

We are still talking tiny amounts here, (I know a few with a home NAS of 20TB+). None of these projects are ready for prime time, but I know SIA and Prime are working hard.
[/quote]
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
February 15, 2019, 04:15:15 PM
Sia is looking very good at this price range as it has seen bottom already. Now it is best time to pickup some for quick profit if your eyes are on small profit. It should show some nice movement from here upwards. I am waiting for it to react the momentum which is being built with on going accumulation.
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
February 15, 2019, 03:59:16 PM
Seems that SiaPrime is picking up on the storage front. Not a listed coin yet, but host and disk is moving upwards. - https://keops.cc/pan-sia#stats

We are still talking tiny amounts here, (I know a few with a home NAS of 20TB+). None of these projects are ready for prime time, but I know SIA and Prime are working hard.
copper member
Activity: 130
February 15, 2019, 09:25:05 AM
Seems that SiaPrime is picking up on the storage front. Not a listed coin yet, but host and disk is moving upwards. - https://keops.cc/pan-sia#stats
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
February 14, 2019, 12:39:58 PM
Sia Community Update — January 2019 https://blog.sia.tech/sia-community-update-january-2019-4e93b3873b02

In this update
Let’s talk about 51% attacks
Developer’s Corner
Us
David talks ASICs
Goobox Alpha
The Exchange Situation
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
February 13, 2019, 02:54:40 PM
hello, i'm trying to restore an old wallet from seed, how to do it?   thanks, can't find a shortcut on the UI

just install the last SIA UI - https://sia.tech/get-started, run it and insert your seed
is simple as that

have tried 4 times..have never even got an original wallet to work on any windows machine...so ...never could get the wallet to install and work with passkey

if it is that screwed up to make a sia wallet I'll likely just dump the coins to btc...I mean what  a cluster

their paper wallet is also not supported and amateur

which is why i have issues with sia-tech and sia-coin..they in no way are 'taking care of the basics'

just pumping put hardware

not to mention they said they would pay back some btc to purchasers (late) of obelisk machines at the end of Jan 2019

so..good intentions or not it is amateur hour compared to other coins IMHO

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
February 13, 2019, 07:14:20 AM
today, many companies are trying to solve the problem of data storage, because it is really a global problem, many different companies use our data without our knowledge, and we can not affect it, projects such as yours can prevent it, I hope that we will succeed. Wink
High quality data storage service should include as high privacy as possible.
Privacy and security of customers' data stored on the storage platform will help to fastly build up trust of the service if the team can do both well.
Leaking customers' data due to unexpected events might fastly destroy the reliability and trustworthy of the service.
Good luck for Sia Decentralized storage service this year.

Sia is around for a good amount of time. That might give them the experience and the edge they need to compete with the others.

yes they are and continue to develop which is always a good sign
for any worthwhile project.

SIA is one of the projects I have been following since I started with
Crypto and this new release is great, peer-to-peer end-to-end
encryption over a decentralised network, what not to celebrate?

And more to follow this Spring >

"Goobox Alpha is here!! A zero-knowledge, end-to-end encrypted file sharing
service that utilizes decentralized cloud network Sia for its storage layer.
This spring we plan to release Goobox Pro, a full-featured cloud storage and file
management solution. This summer we plan to unveil Goobox API, making it fast,
easy and inexpensive for developers and businesses to deploy on Sia."

Do you know if they are only into software or whether they also plan on developing hardware devices at some point in the future?
Activity: 365
Merit: 11
February 12, 2019, 09:08:26 AM
Sia Weekly Update – Week of February 3rd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZUFMEaKiPU&feature=youtu.be
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
February 09, 2019, 01:42:34 PM
hello, i'm trying to restore an old wallet from seed, how to do it?   thanks, can't find a shortcut on the UI

just install the last SIA UI - https://sia.tech/get-started, run it and insert your seed
is simple as that

thanks for the reply big_daddy, but that isn't working ... i had dL'd v.1.1.1 somewhere - thanks for the headsup

i remember a wizard would run on f/r, so i renamed the sia folder and started the new wallet, but no wiz ... how to start it?

nvm, i found the button on the new wallet   Grin

I've tried 4x and can't get the wallet to install...it asks for pswd...i cut paste or put it in by hand..it never takes have talked to others it has taken them 6 to 8 tries...(i stopped at  4 tries)

this may be the ASIC gods telling me to dump it into BTC as soon as possible in that they don't even have a wallet that works on an install

any pm's on how this is done is welcome...(be warned have tried most I've been told by the above folk who tried 6 - 8x before it worked)

p.s. currently my siacoin (from mining obelisk sc1's which at 2 months doorstops..i managed to sell and get the btc back I put into them, along with 1.25 million or so siacoin)

my buddy from the sale

he is patiently holding my siacoin on his wallet (one of the guys who got it to work above) ...thus again, should probably say screw this and have him sell it for btc

not impressed with their wallet

and even less impressed with their fly by night paper wallet (not supported)

yet another sign of them simply pumping hardware w/o a lot of other progress IMHO..

sheesh

brad

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
February 09, 2019, 06:32:00 AM

is simple as that

thanks for the reply big_daddy, but that isn't working ... i had dL'd v.1.1.1 somewhere - thanks for the headsup

i remember a wizard would run on f/r, so i renamed the sia folder and started the new wallet, but no wiz ... how to start it?

nvm, i found the button on the new wallet   Grin
Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
February 09, 2019, 05:51:20 AM
hello, i'm trying to restore an old wallet from seed, how to do it?   thanks, can't find a shortcut on the UI

is simple as that
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
February 09, 2019, 04:06:42 AM
hello, i'm trying to restore an old wallet from seed, how to do it?   thanks, can't find a shortcut on the UI
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
February 08, 2019, 08:47:24 AM
today, many companies are trying to solve the problem of data storage, because it is really a global problem, many different companies use our data without our knowledge, and we can not affect it, projects such as yours can prevent it, I hope that we will succeed. Wink
Privacy and security of customers' data stored on the storage platform will help to fastly build up trust of the service if the team can do both well.
Leaking customers' data due to unexpected events might fastly destroy the reliability and trustworthy of the service.

Sia is around for a good amount of time. That might give them the experience and the edge they need to compete with the others.

yes they are and continue to develop which is always a good sign
for any worthwhile project.

SIA is one of the projects I have been following since I started with
Crypto and this new release is great, peer-to-peer end-to-end
encryption over a decentralised network, what not to celebrate?

And more to follow this Spring >

"Goobox Alpha is here!! A zero-knowledge, end-to-end encrypted file sharing
service that utilizes decentralized cloud network Sia for its storage layer.
This spring we plan to release Goobox Pro, a full-featured cloud storage and file
management solution. This summer we plan to unveil Goobox API, making it fast,
easy and inexpensive for developers and businesses to deploy on Sia."
legendary
February 08, 2019, 08:14:23 AM

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Not your keys, not your coins!
February 08, 2019, 12:50:34 AM
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
February 07, 2019, 07:55:27 PM
Activity: 621
Merit: 250
February 07, 2019, 07:43:02 PM
Teams should work to make clouding and other services easy for anyone who wants to use a decentralized platform. You can make web services for clouding and mobile apps like Google Drive.
legendary
February 06, 2019, 08:22:24 AM

i hope that there will be some movement in the course with this update/news...

There aren't just too many good news I could imagine that will make prices move in this market significantly. It's all rather stagnant or going down.
Activity: 420
Merit: 18
February 06, 2019, 07:23:45 AM
Sia coin is one of the most favored project by traders.  It started big and dominated a fair portion of crypto related conversation in the space all the way to this day.

Yes, you are right people have very huge expectations on this coin because, in 2017, the price of Sia increased a lot in the market which makes many people hold the coin for the long term instead of short term. So we need to have patience until the price of Sia coin increases in the market.
Pages:
Jump to: