Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 216. (Read 1382194 times)

3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
August 20, 2017, 08:45:13 AM
nothing is wrong with sc, it will only be a huge loss if you sell now and dont look back.
once bitcoin bull run is over and dips down to levels it can hold at the alts will rise fast.
this is how the crypto market works learn from it for next time.
SC was on moon some weeks ago and now in trench. This crypto investment nothing is guaranteed. I think Sc will at least move more down 25% of current price and then back to moon again.
Three coins to watch:

Lisk
Sia
Golem
Activity: 1299
Merit: 502
August 20, 2017, 08:25:07 AM
nothing is wrong with sc, it will only be a huge loss if you sell now and dont look back.
once bitcoin bull run is over and dips down to levels it can hold at the alts will rise fast.

I wish they would sell and move on. I am tired of reading about crying every time. Sell and go collect baseball cards or something
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
August 20, 2017, 05:35:55 AM
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
August 20, 2017, 02:36:17 AM
What is going on with SIA price? Is it due to Filecoin? I bought it at over 200 sat and I'm holding but this doesn't look good.

Not sure if it is due to sia coin, that what I thought at the first place.
But then I saw the price of digibyte slicing at about 80% , so if the price decrease happened just because the filecoin Intial coin offering, then it wouldn't affect Digibyte price, but it did affect.
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001
August 20, 2017, 01:55:27 AM
I think that 50 sat will change nothing. Really, there's a lot of great projects with $xx.xxx.xxx market cap, and the sky didn't fall for them.
those great projects aren't really worth it, i prefer sia over storj,filecoin. if you want a truly decentralized storage, sia should be the choice.

i want to acquire some sia, but before i do that i need fully synced wallet, does anyone knows how much bandwidth will be required and how long will it take for client to fully sync?

The current size of the blockchain is about 6Gb. Sync time is less than 24 hours in SSD, 3-4 days on a HDD.......... And just a few hours if you do a bootstrapping: https://siawiki.tech/daemon/bootstrapping_the_blockchain (100% recommended for new users)  Smiley
will do bootstrapping, thanks for the link.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
August 20, 2017, 01:45:24 AM
What is going on with SIA price? Is it due to Filecoin? I bought it at over 200 sat and I'm holding but this doesn't look good.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
August 19, 2017, 12:30:40 PM
i want to acquire some sia, but before i do that i need fully synced wallet, does anyone knows how much bandwidth will be required and how long will it take for client to fully sync?

The current size of the blockchain is about 6Gb. Sync time is less than 24 hours in SSD, 3-4 days on a HDD.......... And just a few hours if you do a bootstrapping: https://siawiki.tech/daemon/bootstrapping_the_blockchain (100% recommended for new users)  Smiley
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
August 19, 2017, 09:25:41 AM
I think that 50 sat will change nothing. Really, there's a lot of great projects with $xx.xxx.xxx market cap, and the sky didn't fall for them.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 110
August 19, 2017, 09:11:37 AM
Price have reached the bottom level already and with working set up Sia is looking good. I agree that need not to create hype with false promises and roadmap just to manipulate the market. It is always best in legit project like Sia to let the market evolve and grow naturally which is good in long run. It will rise soon if some people are worried about current price.

At 160 satoshis/siacoin I can't see it going any lower.

Seems like the recent bitcoin rise has been hitting all the crypto coins but from now on I just can not see it decreasing any more.

I mean what is the next level? Sia at 100 satoshis? which will make the total market cap to be less than 150M$ , Just can not see it happening, sorry.

I can easily see it going under 50 sats.

With the Obelisk announcement is clear that this coin has no future (it had no future already) and it's only used to make money for its parent (selling miners) company.

If the price will drop to 50 sat it will be definitely the end. I'm afraid that crash of this project can happen even with 100 satoshi.. Hopefully not, because 100 sat is very close..
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
August 19, 2017, 07:12:34 AM

Not sure about bandwidth, but running the wallet on an SSD is dramatically faster than trying to synch with an HHD. We are talking hours vs days.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
August 19, 2017, 07:06:09 AM
Price have reached the bottom level already and with working set up Sia is looking good. I agree that need not to create hype with false promises and roadmap just to manipulate the market. It is always best in legit project like Sia to let the market evolve and grow naturally which is good in long run. It will rise soon if some people are worried about current price.

At 160 satoshis/siacoin I can't see it going any lower.

Seems like the recent bitcoin rise has been hitting all the crypto coins but from now on I just can not see it decreasing any more.

I mean what is the next level? Sia at 100 satoshis? which will make the total market cap to be less than 150M$ , Just can not see it happening, sorry.

I can easily see it going under 50 sats.

With the Obelisk announcement is clear that this coin has no future (it had no future already) and it's only used to make money for its parent (selling miners) company.
Activity: 5
August 19, 2017, 05:22:54 AM
Well, I need help.

I sent 2744 SC from Bittrex to Poloniex about an hour ago. Txid: 4d3752d29dfd383dc0a97f2cab5b530cbaac0712d34c21014958b3b273966f6d.

I can find this transaction in Explorer: https://explore.sia.tech/hash.html?hash=4d3752d29dfd383dc0a97f2cab5b530cbaac0712d34c21014958b3b273966f6d

But I can't find the block 119479 with my tx neither by hash nor by height! Explorer just says that "Block Not Found Database". I can see the block 119480 as well as the block 119478, but nothing about 119479.

How can it be possible? Note: Poloniex received my SC.
Activity: 29
August 19, 2017, 04:18:44 AM
what differentiates sia and filecoin

Sia is an already working technology that is rapidly improving (https://blog.sia.tech/sia-may-august-2017-update-8929f21c56f7 ), filecoin on the other hand only exists in theory (whitepaper).

Siacoin was fairly launched and distributed. The filecoin ICO unfortunately seems to favour a limited number of its inner circle investors ( https://medium.com/token-economy/the-analysis-filecoin-doesnt-want-you-to-read-e60d5243f17c )

legendary
Activity: 1612
August 19, 2017, 01:56:19 AM
Activity: 210
August 19, 2017, 12:57:26 AM
what differentiates sia and filecoin
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
August 18, 2017, 11:45:08 PM

price is still dipping.. i fear it doesnt goes to 2 digit.
having a huge buy at 450 satoshi

I don't know if you are an investor or a trader, but  you should have inserted  stop loss in your trade, I really don't know how low the price will go, this is a sound project but Filecoin seems to have taken steam out of SIA project
Activity: 168
August 18, 2017, 08:47:46 PM

Going to be interesting to see where it settles!
legendary
Activity: 1218
August 18, 2017, 07:34:16 PM

Activity: 462
Merit: 115
August 18, 2017, 04:36:25 PM
I ended up ordering 5x Obelisks. Time will tell if that was a good idea or not, who knows. Total came to $12670 with shipping. Sia is an awesome project. I'm a bit worried about Filecoin, I've read all the comments about Sia being better tech and that Filecoin doesn't actually exist yet. But sometimes the winner ends up being the one with the biggest bankroll and highest profile backers. Not sure who that is at this point.

Siacoin was ~$.008 at the time I ordered. If I were to buy Siacoin outright - $12670/.008 = 1,583,750 Sia (roughly)

So the way I figure... the ROI is the $12670 + added risk of product uncertainty + my time & effort setting up/operating + electricity costs.

To that tune, I'd like to be able to mine a minimum of 3,000,000 before Obelisk end of life, which is maybe 6-8 months of mining with 5 of them (at 100Gh/s)? Who knows what the difficulty will be.

It'd be great if the 100Gh/s spec became more like 200Gh/s or higher!

I think you are going to be so wealthy in a couple years.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
August 18, 2017, 04:12:57 PM
Ok, it is finally official: The Sia Slack community is moving to Discord, including devs and mods.

With almost 8500 users, Slack was being unmanageable, and using the paid option impossible ($7 per user!)

This is the link for getting invited: https://discord.gg/sFCT3Ar

And this is the announcement of the team, of two days ago: https://blog.sia.tech/sia-is-moving-from-slack-to-discord-195f87feb6a6

Just remember that while some mods like keep checking this thread, Bitcointalk is actually not an official channel.

Jump to: