Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 367. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
December 30, 2015, 06:06:46 PM
Thank you. How can we see how many people are using Sia?

explore.sia.tech is the best place to get metrics on the network as a whole
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
December 30, 2015, 05:23:08 PM
Thx for the clarification, but I doubt in expansion of SIA hosts with the fixed IP or dynamic DNS requirement...
much storage is available if nobody ever uses it.[/b] That's why we are choosing to focus all of our energy on the uploaders right now. Because Sia absolutely needs more uploaders, much more than it needs anything else.
What is the way/ways that you let people know of Sia's existence and capability?

Tell your friends. Tell your Twitter/Facebook/Google/etc followers. Make a buzz.

Above all: If you like/believe in the future of Sia, then use Sia!! There is still much to be desired from the Sia wallet. But, by using Sia actively you signal to hosts, developers and everyone else monitoring the network (http://explore.sia.tech) that there is activity.

Critically, as you gain experience you're in a position to help new users. Dropbox experienced exponential growth in its early days, much by utilizing social network (referrals). There's a new Sia users each day, but some leave due to simply issues with the wallet, firewall configuration etc. It is important we help these users, as each one of these early adopters could translate into hundreds, or even thousands, of users a few years from now.

Thank you. How can we see how many people are using Sia?
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
December 30, 2015, 12:50:57 PM
Sorry, I've been MIA for Christmas because I was travelling and forgot to bring my BTT and forum.sia.tech passwords with me.

Are there plans to have a security researcher to do a code review?
The bigger players all have the means. Maybe a bounty can attract a CompSci PhD student or alum.

Eventually, yes. For the time being though, we're focused on increasing our test coverage and getting the minimum features out. Sia has been designed with a high grade of attention to detail, and strong considerations for security. I'm guessing we're a lot ahead of most projects that don't have formal security audits. We have had a volunteer security auditor check us out, he was initially impressed but did not make it through the whole codebase.

The market cap of SIA has stayed surprisingly stable.

Yeah, I've noticed that too, we've held steady at $150,000 market cap since like 3 billion coins.
unlock your wallet to see any balance ... and if it still isnt there when you do - it means confirmations havent been completed yet ...

sia takes a large amount of confirmed blocks ( someone please insert how many confirms here please ) before anything is shown as 'your's in the wallet ...

#crysx

It's only mining that takes 144 confirmations. Typical spends will show after only 1 confirmation. Anything that poliniex sends should appear in 'pending' immediately, and should appear in 'balance' after 1 block.

Thanks to

akaman
chrysophylax

!

Now i try to get my coins out of polo.

Let me know if you are having more trouble. From what I've read, the original problem you were having was that Windows firewall was enabled, and that you had never unlocked the wallet? Knowing these things helps so that we can update our FAQ.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
December 29, 2015, 01:00:26 PM
windows firewall was enabled for some weird reason. thanks a lot sir. now time to get my first sia Cheesy
Alternatively, post an address here from your wallet and I'll send you a small amount to play with.

did you send any because i have received none yet.

1. Estimated competitive price: 2.87 S per GB/month correct?

2. is the gb im selling system wide?

Yes, I sent you some Siacoins yesterday. I am absolutely sure of that. I do not see the transaction in the blockchain, however, which is very odd. In any case, I sent some funds again now. Here is the transaction:
http://explore.sia.tech/hash.html?hash=06fb395d8d5b9a46bf64da30d7e9486f2248bed10a4d3f609ec95c24e3cddb44b7c9226e4d33

1. The estimated competitive price tends to fluctuate. See http://siapulse.com/page/network and click the "Storage Offers" buttons to see what other hosts charge. You can selected as a host even if your price is above that of the cheapest hosts. Do not set your price above 500 SC, as that limit is hard-coded and you will not be selected as host if you set your price above this.

2. Yes, your storage is announced on the network and then becomes available to any other Sia user.
legendary
Activity: 1310
December 29, 2015, 06:50:24 AM
Thanks to

akaman
chrysophylax

!

Now i try to get my coins out of polo.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
December 29, 2015, 06:40:28 AM
Can somebody send me some coins , please.
adress: 055b1464d49b4fddac3d4d307f10be03dfc02c342bd328f155eb638d8c1a95d36829c08c032d

Just sent you 200 S. You can get more through this faucet if you're running the Sia wallet on your computer:
siapulse.com/en_US/page/faucet

Thank you. Unfortunately my wallet shows nothing.

Here  you can see the 200:
https://explore.sia.tech/hash.html?hash=055b1464d49b4fddac3d4d307f10be03dfc02c342bd328f155eb638d8c1a95d36829c08c032d

but my wallet is still empty:

TAEK?

unlock your wallet to see any balance ... and if it still isnt there when you do - it means confirmations havent been completed yet ...

sia takes a large amount of confirmed blocks ( someone please insert how many confirms here please ) before anything is shown as 'your's in the wallet ...

#crysx
legendary
December 29, 2015, 05:35:03 AM
adress: 055b1464d49b4fddac3d4d307f10be03dfc02c342bd328f155eb638d8c1a95d36829c08c032d

Just sent you 200 S. You can get more through this faucet if you're running the Sia wallet on your computer:

Thank you. Unfortunately my wallet shows nothing.

Here  you can see the 200:
https://explore.sia.tech/hash.html?hash=055b1464d49b4fddac3d4d307f10be03dfc02c342bd328f155eb638d8c1a95d36829c08c032d

but my wallet is still empty:

TAEK?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
December 29, 2015, 02:29:15 AM
windows firewall was enabled for some weird reason. thanks a lot sir. now time to get my first sia Cheesy

Sheeesh!!! How predictable!

Once Sia is fully synchronized you can get some free Siacoin from the faucet at:
http://siapulse.com/page/faucet

Alternatively, post an address here from your wallet and I'll send you a small amount to play with.

did you send any because i have received none yet.

1. Estimated competitive price: 2.87 S per GB/month correct?

2. is the gb im selling system wide?
December 28, 2015, 06:20:13 PM

Sheeesh!!! How predictable!

Once Sia is fully synchronized you can get some free Siacoin from the faucet at:
http://siapulse.com/page/faucet

legendary
December 28, 2015, 06:16:21 PM
i cant sync wallet says blocks 0 and does not sync. no firewalls installed. can someone help? its a clean install and i have no coins...
Windows? Mac? Linux? Do you know if the daemon, i.e. siad is running? From command line, in the folder where siad and siac are, try to run:
Code:
siac status

windows . i run sia.exe and it says siad starts ok.

In the folder where sia.exe is, look for siac.exe. It might be in \app\resources\Sia\. Not sure on Windows. If you find it, run the command siac status. It will give you a bit more info.

Other than that, it sounds like it could also be a firewall issue. Make sure Windows allows sia.exe to connect to the internet.

December 28, 2015, 06:13:45 PM
i cant sync wallet says blocks 0 and does not sync. no firewalls installed. can someone help? its a clean install and i have no coins...
Windows? Mac? Linux? Do you know if the daemon, i.e. siad is running? From command line, in the folder where siad and siac are, try to run:
Code:
siac status

In the folder where sia.exe is, look for siac.exe. It might be in \app\resources\Sia\. Not sure on Windows. If you find it, run the command siac status. It will give you a bit more info.

Other than that, it sounds like it could also be a firewall issue. Make sure Windows allows sia.exe to connect to the internet.
legendary
December 28, 2015, 05:59:26 PM

Code:
siac status

What does it give you?

December 28, 2015, 05:53:16 PM

Code:
siac status

What does it give you?
legendary
December 28, 2015, 05:48:09 PM
December 28, 2015, 05:02:32 PM
still no miningpool yet?

Nope. Devs are prioritizing other things for the moment.
December 28, 2015, 05:02:05 PM

Activity: 560
Merit: 255
December 28, 2015, 04:47:45 PM
still no miningpool yet?
legendary
December 28, 2015, 07:55:33 AM

I need to test my wallet because of this:

About 1 month ago i posted this:

"help please.

i tried to sent my siacoins from polo to my wallet. Now it says on polo: Complete: Error"

Polo refunded my coins but i can´t send my coins to my wallet. One month later still the same problem. Wallet version 4.8
legendary
Activity: 2198
December 27, 2015, 05:44:40 PM
Thx for the clarification, but I doubt in expansion of SIA hosts with the fixed IP or dynamic DNS requirement...
much storage is available if nobody ever uses it.[/b] That's why we are choosing to focus all of our energy on the uploaders right now. Because Sia absolutely needs more uploaders, much more than it needs anything else.
What is the way/ways that you let people know of Sia's existence and capability?

Tell your friends. Tell your Twitter/Facebook/Google/etc followers. Make a buzz.

Above all: If you like/believe in the future of Sia, then use Sia!! There is still much to be desired from the Sia wallet. But, by using Sia actively you signal to hosts, developers and everyone else monitoring the network (http://explore.sia.tech) that there is activity.

Critically, as you gain experience you're in a position to help new users. Dropbox experienced exponential growth in its early days, much by utilizing social network (referrals). There's a new Sia users each day, but some leave due to simply issues with the wallet, firewall configuration etc. It is important we help these users, as each one of these early adopters could translate into hundreds, or even thousands, of users a few years from now.

Yep, and I think the ones that may have left due to snags or frustrations with wallet will be back as development progresses. hopefully we will see thousands of users via early adopters in less than a few years lol  Wink
December 27, 2015, 05:25:18 PM

Jump to: