Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 368. (Read 1382191 times)

legendary
Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000
December 27, 2015, 03:50:24 PM
About 1 month ago i posted this:

"help please.

i tried to sent my siacoins from polo to my wallet. Now it says on polo: Complete: Error"

Polo refunded my coins but i can´t send my coins to my wallet. One month later still the same problem. Wallet version 4.8
legendary
Activity: 1190
December 27, 2015, 06:12:22 AM
Thx for the clarification, but I doubt in expansion of SIA hosts with the fixed IP or dynamic DNS requirement...

I think you are mistaken. IF there is money to be made, hosts will figure out how to make it. Sia's big problem right now is NOT that it does not have enough hosts. Sia's big problem is that it does not have enough people uploading files. You don't need to do any port forwarding at all to be an uploader on the Sia network. Don't need a static IP, don't need any fancy configurations.

I hope that makes sense. Storage is basically free on our network. We don't have a supply problem. And because we don't have a supply problem, as the developers we are focusing all of our energy on the bottleneck: demand.

That doesn't mean that we aren't working on the host experience. The hosts are going to get some upgrades in the 050 release, especially in the form of more information about how much money you are making, how long it's going to take, and in the form of improved protocols for talking to the renter.

The hosts on the Sia network are very important, but without people uploading data to the network they are completely meaningless. It doesn't matter how easy it is or how much storage is available if nobody ever uses it. That's why we are choosing to focus all of our energy on the uploaders right now. Because Sia absolutely needs more uploaders, much more than it needs anything else.
What is the way/ways that you let people know of Sia's existence and capability?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2198
December 26, 2015, 10:09:17 PM
I really hope that those Pump and Dump groups will not overbuy siacoin because that is not healthy.
Why sould price be not important. Price is everything but nothing thus shut the f....... up.
Excuse me, but this thread is mostly geared at the development side of Sia, not debating 6 year old P&D schemes etc. that everyone knows exist with all coins on any market... Please move along, I feel your wearing out your welcome here .

Lets emphasize everyone is welcome here. Vulgar language is not however. I think any topic is open for discussion, as long as its related to Sia. If its about the price and trading of Siacoin/fund, then there's a trading thread exactly for that.
Exactly  Smiley of course everyone is welcome here. Lets keep things realistic and on topic. But the vulgarity is a nonstarter.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
December 26, 2015, 07:57:11 PM
I really hope that those Pump and Dump groups will not overbuy siacoin because that is not healthy.
Why sould price be not important. Price is everything but nothing thus shut the f....... up.
Excuse me, but this thread is mostly geared at the development side of Sia, not debating 6 year old P&D schemes etc. that everyone knows exist with all coins on any market... Please move along, I feel your wearing out your welcome here .

Lets emphasize everyone is welcome here. Vulgar language is not however. I think any topic is open for discussion, as long as its related to Sia. If its about the price and trading of Siacoin/fund, then there's a trading thread exactly for that.
legendary
Activity: 966
December 26, 2015, 11:30:07 AM
8.5 billions of coins  need of lots of users for make the price go up, it is a great initial idea for someone can join but now we have to see if we are capable of be interesting to new users and increase coin value
legendary
December 26, 2015, 11:29:13 AM
I recommend buying at least 10-20 million now while price is low, then you wont have to ever worry about those "pump and dump groups", you can only win if that's all your concerned about is the coin value. Right now the price of Sia is not that important, other then anyone can begin using Sia for storage at a very very low cost.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 26, 2015, 11:25:07 AM
I recommend buying at least 10-20 million now while price is low, then you wont have to ever worry about those "pump and dump groups", you can only win if that's all your concerned about is the coin value. Right now the price of Sia is not that important, other then anyone can begin using Sia for storage at a very very low cost.

legendary
December 26, 2015, 11:20:36 AM
December 26, 2015, 11:17:23 AM
The volume of SIA is way too low to be bought by a pump and dump group right now. Atleast that's my opinion.

Wrong, P and D does not depend on volume. If the coin is worth speculating on, it will happen!
December 26, 2015, 08:16:54 AM
December 26, 2015, 08:15:56 AM
Sia price is free of speculation and that is great.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
December 26, 2015, 07:35:09 AM
What are the advantages and disadvantages of sia compared to sjcx?

Feel free to answer in much detail.

Mainly, Sia is mined using GPU's(don't really know why) while SJCX is "mined" with your free storage space.
legendary
December 25, 2015, 11:44:22 PM

You cant be serious? lol Go do a little homework on both, then write up an essay and post it back in here for us all. Let us know what you find.  Wink

Sorry but I would never post a question like that in any forums......
December 25, 2015, 07:09:43 PM

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
December 25, 2015, 04:38:14 PM
Is this project like maid?
What is the difference?

Sia concentrates on storage. Maid includes other resources as well.
Activity: 168
December 25, 2015, 04:10:36 PM
Is this project like maid?
What is the difference?
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
December 25, 2015, 04:07:02 PM
Wow the sell order book looks very thick! Shocked
legendary