Author

Topic: [ANN] Signatum - New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine - page 236. (Read 823858 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 10
Would it be possible for someone with 2116 Sig to kill the block chain when it gets to proof of stake?  

This is not my area of expertise, but if my numbers are within 4-5 orders of magnitude this is a critical issue.  

if interest is paid hourly, as has been stated, it must be recorded on the block chain.

Not sure interest will be paid hourly, where did you read that ?
I believe I read it somewhere on here.  Page 10 of the white paper actually says it is paid every 5 minutes.  

A 5 minute payout would be 0.0000004756 so 0.02102608 Sig per wallet, but you would only need 15,000.  15,000 * 0.02102608 + 150 = 465.3912

Main.cpp sets
Code:
nSubsidy = nCoinAge * COIN_YEAR_REWARD * 33 / (365 * 33 + 8)

From what I can tell it simplifies to "nCoinAge * 13689"  All the math is e-8, but if nCoinAge is the mature coins and it runs every 5 minutes then this is a 1400% return.  

Hopefully I am wrong.  

Edit: Fixed exponential.

I flipped the nSubsidy calculation around and for 5% return it would be 365.24242424242424242424242424224 payments, so daily payments considering leap year.  This would be the second functional error I have found in the white paper.  

So 43516 Sig used to create 4320000 addresses with 0.00007305 Sig each could flood the chain with interest transactions?  

Try to reach devs or something. I am also curious about this.

I'm also interested to know more technical calculation about this piece of code, as many other coin also apply same code on it.

I Actually contacted the signatumd (Main dev) and i got this awnser:
You CANT flood the network, there is a minimal ammount of SIGT that the address needs to be able to stake, and the minimal ammount depends from how much SIGT's are staking on the network, i am actually trying to find the formula for minimal ammount on the code but im not a programmer so...

Not from main dev, I guess you've never contacted one of them.

Quote from: DADIBLAND
blahh blah blah
then leave the thread and let adults talk about serious things

Ita is me, the main dev has said on the internal chat, when i get in home i will send here Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Would it be possible for someone with 2116 Sig to kill the block chain when it gets to proof of stake?  

This is not my area of expertise, but if my numbers are within 4-5 orders of magnitude this is a critical issue.  

if interest is paid hourly, as has been stated, it must be recorded on the block chain.

I believe I read it somewhere on here.  Page 10 of the white paper actually says it is paid every 5 minutes.  

A 5 minute payout would be 0.0000004756 so 0.02102608 Sig per wallet, but you would only need 15,000.  15,000 * 0.02102608 + 150 = 465.3912

Main.cpp sets
Code:

From what I can tell it simplifies to "nCoinAge * 13689"  All the math is e-8, but if nCoinAge is the mature coins and it runs every 5 minutes then this is a 1400% return.  

Hopefully I am wrong.  

I flipped the nSubsidy calculation around and for 5% return it would be 365.24242424242424242424242424224 payments, so daily payments considering leap year.  This would be the second functional error I have found in the white paper.  

So 43516 Sig used to create 4320000 addresses with 0.00007305 Sig each could flood the chain with interest transactions?  

I'm also interested to know more technical calculation about this piece of code, as many other coin also apply same code on it.

You CANT flood the network, there is a minimal ammount of SIGT that the address needs to be able to stake, and the minimal ammount depends from how much SIGT's are staking on the network, i am actually trying to find the formula for minimal ammount on the code but im not a programmer so...

Not from main dev, I guess you've never contacted one of them.

Quote from: DADIBLAND
blahh blah blah
then leave the thread and let adults talk about serious things
Activity: 774
Merit: 100
There are some news aboyut sigt ?)
Activity: 138
Merit: 10

Main.cpp sets
Code:

Hopefully I am wrong.  

I flipped the nSubsidy calculation around and for 5% return it would be 365.24242424242424242424242424224 payments, so daily payments considering leap year.  This would be the second functional error I have found in the white paper. 

Activity: 1344
Merit: 252

POS

Once the available 100,000 PoW blocks have been mined,
Signatum will transition into a full PoS coin. Users
staking coins through their local wallet will receive
a fixed 5% APR with payouts based on the number of coins
staked in the wallet.

Have coin in local wallet before PoS ? Do I have APR coin when t bought sigt from Crytopia exchange wallet and sent to local wallet ?

Yes, when POS will start you need to have your coins in your local wallet.
So sad for this Project

Number 6 @ Cryptopia from Number 1

BTC volume from 800 to 26 right now

Used to be promising but the crow destroyed it

This coin is for patient people who understand the crypto economics. Miners dump, investors buy. When there will be no mining, I expect price to change dramatically, because no one will be dumping anymore. My 2 cents.
Why would you think that? if there's no miners it's just a dead coin, investors will also leave because of no interest
You seem to forget most miners are also investors
Your understandment of crypto economics are low

Take a look at BlackCoin. It has similar concept. Still going very strong Smiley
Also, lots of pure PoS projects out there that are very successful so you're wrong about "no miners = dead coin"

I know BlackCoin is an old project, but Signatum has also very important advantages: it's a really good project WITHOUT ICO and without premine. This is very unusual nowadays and people involved in this project will have advantage in future (I believe).
Hey mate, dont pay attention to this guy, he's just well known fudder and scammer  Wink
Activity: 219
Merit: 102
I can't wait for POS. This will be big!
Activity: 136
anyone able to help with mining here.  Im trying to set up one of my rigs to mine sigt but this is what im getting

http://prntscr.com/gb4asx

Any ideas?

RX580s

Use  prospector miner for rx 470/480/570/580 22/mhs per card https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2033185.0;all

download miner
edit config.toml and you are good to go

Mate, legend thank you!  22 per card as you said.

Cheers
Activity: 136
anyone able to help with mining here.  Im trying to set up one of my rigs to mine sigt but this is what im getting

http://prntscr.com/gb4asx

Any ideas?

RX580s

Did you use this miner?

https://github.com/signatumd/releases/blob/master/sigt-miner.zip

I have use this on my gpu rx570 and is working fine.

What are your settings?

Thx

Yep this is the one i tried but now luck
Better to solo mine or group mine in this case
Difficulty is too high now for solo mining, unless you have a 1TH/s rig.
So sad for this Project

This coin is for patient people who understand the crypto economics. Miners dump, investors buy. When there will be no mining, I expect price to change dramatically, because no one will be dumping anymore. My 2 cents.
Why would you think that? if there's no miners it's just a dead coin, investors will also leave because of no interest

Take a look at BlackCoin. It has similar concept. Still going very strong Smiley
Also, lots of pure PoS projects out there that are very successful so you're wrong about "no miners = dead coin"

I know BlackCoin is an old project, but Signatum has also very important advantages: it's a really good project WITHOUT ICO and without premine. This is very unusual nowadays and people involved in this project will have advantage in future (I believe).
Yes this only works with coins that are only ICO/POS based This is why signatum coin won't survive without miners, because its a minerscoin, NO ICO, NO premine
make sense right? Smiley
Implying 90% + of ICO coins are not deadcoins...
Activity: 378
Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.
So sad for this Project

Yes this only works with coins that are only ICO/POS based This is why signatum coin won't survive without miners, because its a minerscoin, NO ICO, NO premine
make sense right? Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
So sad for this Project

yes, blackcoin is very good. It will be X2 or x5 in future
Activity: 154
So sad for this Project

Activity: 287

Please help me can you give me instructions how to mine SIGT using your Tpruv miners? I am using a toshiba satellite laptop i3 core with NVIDIA GEFORCE 710M.

try using EthControl v0.0.1 BETA from here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1932864.new#new

but again not sure if your laptop can handle it
Activity: 378
Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.
So sad for this Project

Activity: 154
So sad for this Project

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

POS

Once the available 100,000 PoW blocks have been mined,
Signatum will transition into a full PoS coin. Users
staking coins through their local wallet will receive
a fixed 5% APR with payouts based on the number of coins
staked in the wallet.

Have coin in local wallet before PoS ? Do I have APR coin when t bought sigt from Crytopia exchange wallet and sent to local wallet ?

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Please help me can you give me instructions how to mine SIGT using your Tpruv miners? I am using a toshiba satellite laptop i3 core with NVIDIA GEFORCE 710M.

Are you sure of what you want to do? Your electrical consumption will be greater than your Profit

Your laptop will also BURN

You need a discrete Video Card like GTX 1060 or RX 470 or later versions. Even those cards mentioned are not that profitable anymore because of low volume @ Cryptopia

Yes, laptop's air ventilation system is bad, mainly because it is sitting inside a small box. And usually laptop version of cpu mobo + other components are not designed to run 24/7, laptop just meant portability. So, better don't use your laptop for mining or you will regret.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Hi,

Im mining with 54 mh/s but I get only ~ 55 coins a day.

What to mine shows more is that normal ?

Also the mh/s from the workerscreen is different ?!

Calculators always show more than what you will get. If you subtract 20-40% you will be more correct, at least you won't overcalculate.

I thought that was true as well.  I was getting about 200-220 coins per day on 245 Mh/s of mining.  Then I stopped using the krnlx version of ccminer and went with the palginmod version.  Immediately things got better.  Then I signed up for the CWI beta.

On 8/16 I topped 450 coins.  When the difficulty jumped a bit I might get only 250.  Today I am already at 256 and will probably be over 300 my the time the day is over.

Ie., the 30-35% 'correction' that I was thinking was a foregone conclusion seemed to sort of vanish when I stopped using the krnlx version.  Not sure what is up with it, but if I were a suspicious person I would maybe want to see if there was any unsuspected outbound network traffic coming from it. 

I'm starting to think that closed source miners instead of making real code optimalization just change the lines where miner speed is shown to fake it to higher values,
and pools display correct values ;-)
What do you think? It's quite logical lol.

some do - we dont ...

we are miners also - and have implemented that same focus on our miner as we do our mining ...

there is a simple philosophy at play here ... if you are not happy with - or doubt - the product you are using - dont use it ... simple ...

we got sick and tired of so called devs that do just that ( yes - you know who im talking about ) - who take other peoples code - tweak - package privately - and RESELL to make his farm bigger off the back of others ...

hence why CWIgm was created ...

in any case - the proof is in the pudding ... its not a big waste of hashpower to trial it for a day or two - no matter which miner or on what pool ...

#crysx

Are you sure of what you want to do? Your electrical consumption will be greater than your Profit

Your laptop will also BURN

You need a discrete Video Card like GTX 1060 or RX 470 or later versions. Even those cards mentioned are not that profitable anymore because of low volume @ Cryptopia
Jump to: