Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 2. (Read 257472 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
What's max coinage days for snowballs ?
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Alright, just pushed through (yet another) patch to the checkpoint servers. Please report back any changes to version 2.0.2 clients
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
yup all warnings are gone on my wallet  Cool
legendary
No problem. Basically, just ignore the invalid checkpoint alert for now. It's bullshit; they are all solid checkpoints
legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure
Yep. It's pushing the invalid checkpoint alert for valid checkpoints since the fork to timestamp based rewards. Working on a fix that doesn't require a fork, but for now only some people are seeing it and trying to figure out why valid checkpoints are being flagged

The db errors and wallet freezing should be over now, though. I believe I have solved that for good with the last quick patch to checkpoint servers that I threw into the network. The problem, now, is that the fix is now being flagged as invalid. It seems to be a Qt related display issue, as nobody running just the daemon seems to see it

ty for your reply & work, i will w8 for a fix then Smiley
legendary
Yep. It's pushing the invalid checkpoint alert for valid checkpoints since the fork to timestamp based rewards. Working on a fix that doesn't require a fork, but for now only some people are seeing it and trying to figure out why valid checkpoints are being flagged

The db errors and wallet freezing should be over now, though. I believe I have solved that for good with the last quick patch to checkpoint servers that I threw into the network. The problem, now, is that the fix is now being flagged as invalid. It seems to be a Qt related display issue, as nobody running just the daemon seems to see it
legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure
now I'm getting this at the bottom of my wallet

WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or notify developers of the issue.

i have the same error like you.
Activity: 480
Merit: 250
i not have .conf set up. how to set up please step by step. thank you ^_^

close your wallet.  if you're on windows in your C: drive go to folders "users" "your username" "AppData" "Roaming" "snowballs" in the snowballs folder make a new text document named "mmxiv.conf"  (not sure if should be named snowballs.conf but it works the way I have it)
and make sure it's NOT titled mmxiv.conf.txt   
then edit it and add

addnode=104.131.67.225
addnode=46.105.217.104
addnode=5.250.177.28
addnode=46.165.209.140

then close/save and restart the wallet

I do this and get conections but my wallet not responding all time

firewall - check port - wallet
Activity: 249
Same here. Finally haven't had the DB error for over 24 hours, but now my wallet gives the checkpoint error.

So as I don't think I can upgrade, I go for the other option the wallet gives me and I npotify the developer of the issue  Wink Grin
Activity: 110
Merit: 10

after restart the wallet DB Error gone but  " Invalid checkpoint back "

and wallet not respondind

how to fix this?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
i not have .conf set up. how to set up please step by step. thank you ^_^

close your wallet.  if you're on windows in your C: drive go to folders "users" "your username" "AppData" "Roaming" "snowballs" in the snowballs folder make a new text document named "mmxiv.conf"  (not sure if should be named snowballs.conf but it works the way I have it)
and make sure it's NOT titled mmxiv.conf.txt   
then edit it and add

addnode=104.131.67.225
addnode=46.105.217.104
addnode=5.250.177.28
addnode=46.165.209.140

then close/save and restart the wallet

I do this and get conections but my wallet not responding all time
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
iGotSpots sorry for the off-topic
Will you upload somewhere the tonnnns of photos you have from the launch etc?  Grin

thanks

Yea, I'm going to post a whole media page on GorillaStake. I made a lot of contacts down there and think media will need its own tab now for what I'm going to be up to in the coming months

Thanks!!!
legendary
Will you upload somewhere the tonnnns of photos you have from the launch etc?  Grin

thanks

Yea, I'm going to post a whole media page on GorillaStake. I made a lot of contacts down there and think media will need its own tab now for what I'm going to be up to in the coming months
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
Will you upload somewhere the tonnnns of photos you have from the launch etc?  Grin

thanks
legendary
Then they were not imported properly
Activity: 541
Is it some kind od staking address or something, cause I have only 3 address in my wallet:

10:14:23
listaccounts

{
"" : 1389962571.12751508,
"nova1" : 13292040.24890600,
"nova2" : 169501945.74479201,
"nova3" : 120287593.72531100
}

why there is 4th address?

Well since you posted that here.. my guess is you have a change address. As far as the negative balance in the other wallet, I believe that was an orphaned change transaction. That account only exists as an orphan, so if you import all the positives into a fresh wallet you'll be good

While it is a visually intimidating problem, those coins never actually existed. It is a bug in the display, and has been noted, but just import all the positive keys to a fresh wallet and report back

For anyone else reading this, listaccount will probably have a change address for most of you who did it on accident, resulting is discrepancies between wallet UI and the explorer, as the wallet adds all addresses together while the explorer displays them individually

so after I import keys to new wallet, my new wallet balance is 0. so I guess I already moved all the real coin, so in my wallet there is only ghost coins, and after import keys to fresh wallet, they diapered and my balance is 0. I deleting these wallet and moving on. My second wallet is fine with 1.5 billions and staking fine.
wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005
This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on April 24th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.
legendary
Is it some kind od staking address or something, cause I have only 3 address in my wallet:

listaccounts

{
}

Well since you posted that here.. my guess is you have a change address. As far as the negative balance in the other wallet, I believe that was an orphaned change transaction. That account only exists as an orphan, so if you import all the positives into a fresh wallet you'll be good

While it is a visually intimidating problem, those coins never actually existed. It is a bug in the display, and has been noted, but just import all the positive keys to a fresh wallet and report back

For anyone else reading this, listaccount will probably have a change address for most of you who did it on accident, resulting is discrepancies between wallet UI and the explorer, as the wallet adds all addresses together while the explorer displays them individually
Activity: 541

listaccounts

{
}

legendary
Change has been pushed to the network. Please ensure you are on version 2.0.2, restart clients and report results. Should be no need to download the blockchain from the start

Looks like the checkpoints aren't playing well with timestamp-based rewards. Staking will remain unaffected, but the alert seems to be active even though the checkpoints do appear to be valid. The db errors should be gone now, though. If anyone still sees those after a wallet restart, please let me know. I'm working on making the checkpoints more acceptable without compromising what they need to do

Basically, checkpoints aren't working well with timestamp rewards. Did not see this issue on testnet. Working on a fix without requiring a fork. It appears that the alert doesn't actually verify the checkpoints accurately, as they are valid on the network as far as I can see. So.. I'm going to let the current setup run for a few days (with the INVALID alert, even though they are valid) to test if the new update to checkpoint server permanently resolved the db issues. If the bandaid fixes that, then it is not the old clients causing issues, like I said from the start
Pages:
Jump to: