Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 5. (Read 257472 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Looks like someone else just made the instant delete list. Sick of you being nothing but a pessimistic asshole
legendary
If I add it now, it would also ban everyone on the current 2.0.2, punishing those that already updated. This includes exchanges and all the GS servers because of a few morons

I'll add them next fork, but I'm not doing that now

This current generation of crypto users is so stupid that I almost want to just give up, honestly. 90% of my time now is spent answering the same question over and over because most of you are too lazy to read or Google answers for local issues or look in the OP where the answer is very clearly written

These threads are mostly becoming a waste of my time at this point
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Do I seriously need to add peer banning rules or are you guys going to pay attention to what version you have...?

If I need to hold your hand this much, maybe coins aren't for you

As frustrating as it may be, you really should be speaking to the lowest common denominator and including people who may be new to crypto.
legendary
I think your on to something spots. When a new wallet releases and forks, ban old peers. This will prevent all the headaches from appearing in this thread saying they are not syncing, and they have lots all their coins ect ect. There have been many wallets out there of other coins that flag a big warning that your wallet is outdated and you MUST upgrade. Please consider adding this to all wallets on future upgrades.

Vegas

It is...old wallets won't sync...
legendary
So I should post an update making the people who already updated update a second time because people are too stupid to update for an entire month. Sounds smart  Roll Eyes

Yea... I'll do it next update but I'm not punishing those that already updated because some are too stupid and haven't yet. You had over a month to update; that is plenty of time
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
I think your on to something spots. When a new wallet releases and forks, ban old peers. This will prevent all the headaches from appearing in this thread saying they are not syncing, and they have lots all their coins ect ect. There have been many wallets out there of other coins that flag a big warning that your wallet is outdated and you MUST upgrade. Please consider adding this to all wallets on future upgrades.

Vegas
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Do I seriously need to add peer banning rules or are you guys going to pay attention to what version you have...?

Of course !
How else to get rid of these ppl who are running outdated wallets and manage to screw things up for the rest of us ?

Instead of bashing ppl who are running latest wallets and posting feedback trying to sort things out maybe better to release a wallet that can handle situations like that as some other projects are doing ?
Or do you prefer to have a crappy wallet as too many other projects have ?
In that case you are doing a fine job.
legendary

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
Im getting those errors now also.
I had around 1.75bil BALLS that i staked and now i got the error. (wallet was staking normally after the 360k block was released without any issues)
It went up to like 1.83 or something and the error kicked in.
Then i did what was suggested befre the rescan/repairwallet and it showed me 2.38bil coins (it was the amount i was shown when the whole 360k fiasco started and many of us got broken wallets)
It stayed as 2.38 bil and staked nicely. I then closed the wallet and now i am back at 1.75bil showing that i havent pretty much staked anything (yet it is shown in transactions)

Something is clearly wrong here.

Dev said do not believe the arrow. I say do not believe the wallet.
Check your balance in the block explorer
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
Code:

EXCEPTION: 11DbException
Db::put: Cannot allocate memory
Snowballs in ProcessMessages()

ProcessMessage(checkpoint, 110 bytes) FAILED

I suspect that a node running an old version 2.0.1 tries to connect and causes a reorganization, but fails. Just after the fork the 2.0.1 nodes were successful because the blocks to reorganize were only a few, but now 10,000 blocks are too many blocks.

I've been able to stake today after getting that message, so I guess it is not a big issue ...

I think this is the reason for that 11DbException. Every time i got this error, i also saw 2.0.1 version on "getpeerinfo". When i blocked that connections IP with peerblock, that error stayed away untill another 2.0.1 connected. Now i block every 2.0.1 connections IP to keep that error away.

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
He probably didn't do anything wrong. Deleting log files which have no function serves no purpose. There is an underlying problem. Restarting, rescanning and repairing seems to fix temporarily but the error always comes back. Sometimes after a few minutes sometimes after hours, sometimes after a re-start of the client. It's not the size of the log file that is a problem. If you start the client with full logging enabled the log file ends up ten times the size. It doesn't seem to stop the wallet working though. I've been getting stakes too, whilst the error is displayed but often when re-starting the wallet I end up with double my real balance until a further restart/rescan.........not too worried. It'll get resolved.

What I see at the debug.log file is:

Code:
Added time data, samples 14, offset -3 (+0 minutes)
version message: version 60008, blocks=361988
REORGANIZE
REORGANIZE: Disconnect 10294 blocks; c5d58fb33aaef0f16a6c..6ee7b223b9ce545c0d39
REORGANIZE: Connect 56 blocks; c5d58fb33aaef0f16a6c..4c2a420566853c9a6282

EXCEPTION: 11DbException
Db::put: Cannot allocate memory
Snowballs in ProcessMessages()

ProcessMessage(checkpoint, 110 bytes) FAILED

I suspect that a node running an old version 2.0.1 tries to connect and causes a reorganization, but fails. Just after the fork the 2.0.1 nodes were successful because the blocks to reorganize were only a few, but now 10,000 blocks are too many blocks.

I've been able to stake today after getting that message, so I guess it is not a big issue ...
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
Im getting those errors now also.
I had around 1.75bil BALLS that i staked and now i got the error. (wallet was staking normally after the 360k block was released without any issues)
It went up to like 1.83 or something and the error kicked in.
Then i did what was suggested befre the rescan/repairwallet and it showed me 2.38bil coins (it was the amount i was shown when the whole 360k fiasco started and many of us got broken wallets)
It stayed as 2.38 bil and staked nicely. I then closed the wallet and now i am back at 1.75bil showing that i havent pretty much staked anything (yet it is shown in transactions)

Something is clearly wrong here.
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
1. Close Wallet
2. go %appdata%/Roaming/snowballs Delete db.log and debug log.
3. Snowballs shortcut properties type .........\BALLS-Qt.exe -rescan
4. Start Wallet
5. Help -> Debug Window -> Console type repairwallet
5 Thats it.

Thanks, Kaenguru

I did the steps exactly as described above and got rid of invalid checkpoint!

Peace!
Dennis

Then u did something wrong maybe.
I have no errors anymore and got stake of 80k today
He probably didn't do anything wrong. Deleting log files which have no function serves no purpose. There is an underlying problem. Restarting, rescanning and repairing seems to fix temporarily but the error always comes back. Sometimes after a few minutes sometimes after hours, sometimes after a re-start of the client. It's not the size of the log file that is a problem. If you start the client with full logging enabled the log file ends up ten times the size. It doesn't seem to stop the wallet working though. I've been getting stakes too, whilst the error is displayed but often when re-starting the wallet I end up with double my real balance until a further restart/rescan.........not too worried. It'll get resolved.
legendary
Have a little Internet today. Check @PurePoS on Twitter for real time updates
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Blockchain Identity Verification
I'd like to sell a part of my BALLS stock.

If someone is interested, pm me.

Kind regards,
Nick
Activity: 490
0_0
Thank you guys for helping each other while I am away. It feels amazing to know there are other people here paying enough attention to now be able to help others while I am away

Good news, though. I've made a lot of good contacts on this trip. Real contacts, not just some dudes with blogs

To reward you guys for being awesome...here's a picture of the VAB. It's currently super off-limits to the public, for a few years now, but I spent a few hours in there today and will be able to post some pictures soon of the inside for you guys. For now, here's a sneak peek while I try getting all the pictures together and filter out the blurry ones, etc., including many pictures from the 16th floor catwalk (talk about vertigo)

Keep in mind...The building's U.S. flag is 209 feet long by 110 feet wide. Each star is more than six feet in diameter and each stripe is nine feet wide. I tried to get some palm trees and cars in the picture for scale, but they look like tiny little specs. I have a TONNNN of pictures of the inside I will be sharing tomorrow night on Twitter, as well as photos and videos of the launch. We will be in the VIP section, which is roughly 2.5 miles away from the actual launchpad, so this will be as close as anyone (including mainstream media) is able to get before they destroy my cameras with their zooming abilities

I also have about 8 hours worth of video from today's facility tours and press conferences that I will also be sharing for anyone interested in what the actual mission entails. All the press conferences were streamed live today on NASA.gov (much better quality than mine, better angles, etc) but I'm not sure if they have them archived yet

Thanks for sharing and caring.
I am expecting to see your photos/videos etc.

I hope your new contacts will get BALLS to the moon and further Tongue

legendary
thanks for sticking with this coin spots.

Not a problem at all. More importantly than my involvement is all of yours, so thank all of you  Wink
Activity: 736
thanks for sticking with this coin spots.
legendary
The building looks very impressive!
Fine to have you back.
My BALLS staking very will, not moving now for a week.

I won't be back until very late Thursday, just checking in while I go through some pictures. It's about 2 AM here now, and I have to be back at NASA by 8 AM to do more media events and view the rocket on the launchpad prior to launch (I will try to live tweet them if the internet is decent out there) at 4:33:15 PM ET

If tomorrow's launch is delayed, it will be postponed until Tuesday afternoon

That huge structure is the VAB (Vehicle Assembly Building) where the rockets are pieced together and prepared to be moved to pads for launch. They have flags on the walls that show the size difference in the different types of rockets. I'll post some awesome pictures of the (very restricted) inside tomorrow

None of my pictures do it justice to how big it really is. It takes over 3 minutes to walk from one end to the other in a straight line, and that's the smallest part. The volumetrics of this building are fucking unbelievable
legendary
Activity: 2452
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
The building looks very impressive!
Fine to have you back.
My BALLS staking very will, not moving now for a week.
Pages:
Jump to: