Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e - page 56. (Read 166041 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
There is a big problem with cash out on pool http://spt.coinmine.pl/.

During on demand or automatic payout all unconfirmed coins are lost. I can not get in contact with  pool owner so i am using this thread. All the miners mining on this pool should double check if they have same issue.

Try doing a rescan of your wallet.  I have no issues with payment.

-tb-
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
There is a big problem with cash out on pool http://spt.coinmine.pl/.

During on demand or automatic payout all unconfirmed coins are lost. I can not get in contact with  pool owner so i am using this thread. All the miners mining on this pool should double check if they have same issue.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
MLhPpUzyyDVBC7FwuPVRcTKFJDZHjWfqfG

*__*
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

What server are you talking about? Are you talking about Spot client or are you talking about some pool?

Difficulty adjusts only based on the time it took to mine last 2 blocks and not based on anything else.

the network server. If SPOT uses only 2 blocks to calculate the difficulty that would explain these jumps.

There are no network servers in peer-to-peer network. There are only nodes: every Spot client is a node of the network and all of them agree on the difficulty change because they all have the same algorithm to calculate it: The target of the block is 70 seconds and for 2 blocks target is 140 seconds: if 2 blocks are found faster than 140 seconds, the difficulty will be adjusted up to compensate proportionally based on the actual time it took to find those 2 blocks and reverse is also true: if it took longer than 140 seconds to find 2 blocks, the difficulty will adjust down, so next two blocks shall be found in 140 seconds
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

What server are you talking about? Are you talking about Spot client or are you talking about some pool?

Difficulty adjusts only based on the time it took to mine last 2 blocks and not based on anything else.

the network server. If SPOT uses only 2 blocks to calculate the difficulty that would explain these jumps.

Edit2: network difficulty is calculated based on the frequency of the submitted blocks at the given difficulty, so it is very random for Spots within several blocks time frame.

regardless, the math on this server is incorrect and that's why it took over 1 hour to mine one block. hint hint, the difficulty does not match the hash rate. hint hint 2, the formula that calculates the difficulty is broken

rpg

Edit2: network difficulty is calculated based on the frequency of the submitted blocks at the given difficulty, so it is very random for Spots within several blocks time frame.

regardless, the math on this server is incorrect and that's why it took over 1 hour to mine one block. hint hint, the difficulty does not match the hash rate. hint hint 2, the formula that calculates the difficulty is broken
what about these spikes that go from 70k (while the pool claims 76 lmao) to 900K? Can you fix the hps math before anything else?

Because spots adjusts so quickly, some of the hash rate and difficulty figures seem, well, spotty.

It would appear that most of these issues are present in other coins, it's just not as noticeable that the figures returned for certain request methods are different across two blocks when it's something like every two thousand some-odd blocks with a coin like BitCoin. Very few people ever notice.

If you're not aware no wallet or client gives an accurate network hash rate, this is impossible.

By the same token, no pool can give you a truly accurate figure for the hash rate of it's miners.

Sometimes when the pool uses one estimation formula, and the client uses another, it looks odd. In both cases they're only estimates, based on past results and averaged out statistical figures.  

And they'll both become radically inaccurate if someone comes across a couple of lucky shares or blocks. Or if there's a particularly difficult streak.

Also an extra 800k spike in hash rate is typical when one of the hopping pools hits a coin.

All you need to calculate profitability of the coin is its difficulty and the bid price on the exchange. Nobody should care about network hashrate or pool hash rate: just solo mine this coin when difficulty is low.

Pools and other websites are just inaccurate due to the bug (or a feature) inside the client (it is present as you said in other coin's clients as well): GetDifficulty and getmininginfo commands return data about the block which is already found and not about the block which currently mined (one block behind is too long for this coin). This bug will be fixed eventually or just smarter pools will start getting difficulty from "target" difficulty instead of "getdifficulty" command. So, I say: enjoy while it last: People in the know are already mining this coin when actual target difficulty is low and not based on the coinchoose data.

Edit: you can see actual difficulty from your cgminer: 100k for example = 1.52 (100k/65536=1.52)

Edit2: network difficulty is calculated based on the frequency of the submitted blocks at the given difficulty, so it is very inaccurate for Spots within small number of blocks.
legendary
Activity: 2548
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

Yes, everything is synced and accurate even after the 1 gHash spike. Difficulty already back down in the 16's  Wink

i think the actual hash is around 110-120, based on the pools local rates

It's at about 465 mHash right now on the network
rpg

Yes, everything is synced and accurate even after the 1 gHash spike. Difficulty already back down in the 16's  Wink

i think the actual hash is around 110-120, based on the pools local rates. Not going to have my cards spinning on wrong hash. Each bock is supposed to average 100 seconds. This block now is going to be 1/2 hour
Activity: 196
what about these spikes that go from 70k (while the pool claims 76 lmao) to 900K? Can you fix the hps math before anything else?

Because spots adjusts so quickly, some of the hash rate and difficulty figures seem, well, spotty.

It would appear that most of these issues are present in other coins, it's just not as noticeable that the figures returned for certain request methods are different across two blocks when it's something like every two thousand some-odd blocks with a coin like BitCoin. Very few people ever notice.

If you're not aware no wallet or client gives an accurate network hash rate, this is impossible.

By the same token, no pool can give you a truly accurate figure for the hash rate of it's miners.

Sometimes when the pool uses one estimation formula, and the client uses another, it looks odd. In both cases they're only estimates, based on past results and averaged out statistical figures. 

And they'll both become radically inaccurate if someone comes across a couple of lucky shares or blocks. Or if there's a particularly difficult streak.

Also an extra 800k spike in hash rate is typical when one of the hopping pools hits a coin.
legendary
yes  I know, but because the last block on the pool was about an hour ago, it means the difficulty will drop from 32 to 1 when a block is found. Except for the pools hash nobody really knows what the actual hash rate is

It is a very nice. It is a one hour for one block for whole network. I like this coin, it looks like it is immune to those selfish profit driven egomaniac pool jumpers. They are going to spent one hour just to realise they have mined only one block if any. On second thought i love this coin. Only if the stats at the poll and coin chain explorer are showing real status?

Yes, everything is synced and accurate even after the 1 gHash spike. Difficulty already back down in the 16's  Wink
Activity: 212
yes  I know, but because the last block on the pool was about an hour ago, it means the difficulty will drop from 32 to 1 when a block is found. Except for the pools hash nobody really knows what the actual hash rate is

It is a very nice. It is a one hour for one block for whole network. I like this coin, it looks like it is immune to those selfish profit driven egomaniac pool jumpers. They are going to spent one hour just to realise they have mined only one block if any. On second thought i love this coin. Only if the stats at the poll and coin chain explorer are showing real status?
legendary
yes  I know, but because the last block on the pool was about an hour ago, it means the difficulty will drop from 32 to 1 when a block is found. Except for the pools hash nobody really knows what the actual hash rate is

It doesn't update in the client until the next block is found. The pool displays are just estimates anyway.

Even if you do getmininginfo you will see the same thing
rpg
yes  I know, but because the last block on the pool was about an hour ago, it means the difficulty will drop from 32 to 1 when a block is found. Except for the pools hash nobody really knows what the actual hash rate is
legendary

Lol, yea, I've seen that before. It always fixes itself within a block or two, though.
rpg
legendary
We are about to break 1 Gigahash for network hashrate:

21:45:49

getmininginfo

21:45:49

{
"blocks" : 8808,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 32.00543313,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 928537834,
"pooledtx" : 3,
"testnet" : false
}
legendary
Does anyone else think the igotspots logo looks like a used maxipad? Or is that literally the 'spots' igotspots is referring to?

It's a glass spilling red wine
legendary
No blocks solo mining for 12 hrs, is this normal with this difficulty?
{
"blocks" : 8751,
"currentblocksize" : 1451,
"currentblocktx" : 2,
"difficulty" : 12.84610366,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 8792,
"networkhashps" : 419996917,
"pooledtx" : 2,
"testnet" : false
}

That's almost 420 mHash on the network and a difficulty of 12. Pretty tough to solo there, but that's just a spike. If you stay on solo for a while it will even out at the lower difficulties
Pages:
Jump to: