Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 197. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!

As already explained, several time, the feature of "no pools" does not mean that it is impossible to maintain a pool, but rather that they are not economically viable, since anyone can steal the coins form them [...]

Would be somewhat easy to secure by moving coins to a separate wallet as soon as they confirm and make the payouts from there. The only problem I'd see is if a miner would move the coins before the pool does.

that's an arm race, with a 50-50 chance for each one to win, so the pool owner can make it profitable by rising the fees and paying the other users from his revenue, but then... it is risky...

another solution might be that the pool owner charges a "deposit" from the miners, and if the miner steals something, the deposit is held and the miner banned. But i don't see this growing into large scale. Thats an experiment worth making.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I'm sure this won't make any difference, some folks only read what they want to.

Do we have a pool? Yes.
It's merely a pool server we setup to solo mine to nothing more, we just so happened to let a couple of other small hashrate users in to help out a bit. Is it a risk? Of course it is.

Mr. Spread has done quite a good job at keeping this coin a solo mineable, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way,  there a lot of smart folks around here and if there is enough $ involved then one should expect that there will be others trying to get in on the action in some form or another.
I am not against pool,what I am against is that spr is not worth the title of 'no pool'[/b][/size][/color]
Well, if Mr. Spread wasn't banned, maybe he could change it. Ever thought about that?
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Hey guys, I think we can fix pool mining!!

I just need to know how the hashing works (like, what gets hashed and in which order). Can someone please tell me?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I'm sure this won't make any difference, some folks only read what they want to.

Do we have a pool? Yes.
It's merely a pool server we setup to solo mine to nothing more, we just so happened to let a couple of other small hashrate users in to help out a bit. Is it a risk? Of course it is.

Mr. Spread has done quite a good job at keeping this coin a solo mineable, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way,  there a lot of smart folks around here and if there is enough $ involved then one should expect that there will be others trying to get in on the action in some form or another.
I am not against pools,what I am against is that spr is not worth the title of 'no pool' and unfair distribution -- wolf0 sold his 50% faster miner to big farmer,maybe to that guy who takes 25% of the network .
legendary

As already explained, several time, the feature of "no pools" does not mean that it is impossible to maintain a pool, but rather that they are not economically viable, since anyone can steal the coins form them [...]

Would be somewhat easy to secure by moving coins to a separate wallet as soon as they confirm and make the payouts from there. The only problem I'd see is if a miner would move the coins before the pool does.

that's an arm race, with a 50-50 chance for each one to win, so the pool owner can make it profitable by rising the fees and paying the other users from his revenue, but then... it is risky...
legendary
Crypto since 2014

That's why a pool should have collateral.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io

Activity: 149

Do we have a pool? Yes.

No need for the big red prints but you are totally right.

What proof they want more? There is an actual pool mining Spreadcoin.. bunch of idiots with their hands in the sand is the only thing I see here.
They just don't want to confront the high likelihood of price drop of a 'no features' coin in the near feature.
If Mr.spread is an honest dev,the title of this thread should be changed,rather than to flood my posts.
legendary
Why are so many people mining tspr? Once you have your masternodes setup shouldn't you quit mining? Unless you are trying to get enough to hand out.

i, for one, am mining to create new MNs, everytime i reach 100 tspr i create a new MN (so far, only one created from mining)
legendary
Crypto since 2014
(...)
Where is your proof?

please, do not quote the big red letter trolls. just ignore him...
Sorry, ok.
legendary
(...)
Where is your proof?

please, do not quote the big red letter trolls. just ignore him...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Why are so many people mining tspr? Once you have your masternodes setup shouldn't you quit mining? Unless you are trying to get enough to hand out.
legendary
Yea rite.. I looked the other day and a single spread address controlled over 25% of the network, get your facts straight.

Wether it's pools or single miners, I tend to think the latter is worse. At least pools have accountability in which they have to obey to the network policies up to some point to ensure their miners get paid. I'd rather have 25% of a network in the hand of a pool op having 500 users behind vs a single farmer.

Do you have a way to disprove my opinon? How can mine be fud and your's not?

Edit; also large pools is just a question of time as the "solo" edge of Spreadcoin has been flawed, hence I saw it had it's purpose beaten.

Large pools are not a question of time, the larger the pool, the easier it is for miners to steal from it, so pools, if they ever arise (aside from individuals testing by themselves), will keep small, within a group of trusted friends. Unless you come with a way to avoid the stealing of coins (and no one has yet), you opinion is flawed.

About being FUD, think of it: you are a pool owner, posting in an announcement thread for a coin that avoids pooling by enabling users to steal from them, quoting spammers that write in big red letters in an aggressive, accusatory tone, based on non existent facts and made up data. Well, you might call it opinion, but that's a hell of a misplaced opinion.

Last time I checked I didn't own any pool anymore.. what's you point..

Is there pools on spreadcoin? Yes
Is there mining centralization? Yes
Is Spreadcoin's purpose totally flawed at the moment? Yes

My point is totally valid.

you know that to be valid you need evidence to support it, right?

As far as the centralized mining going on I didn't keep a screenshot of what was going on the other day. However for the pool it's pretty simple and you know where to find it Wink (Nonce-Pool)
My point still goes... Spreadcoin's main "feature" (no pools) is flawed. Kthx.

As already explained, several time, the feature of "no pools" does not mean that it is impossible to maintain a pool, but rather that they are not economically viable, since anyone can steal the coins form them, If you don't get that, which is written EVERYWHERE, then, you are seriously flawed!

It's as if i said: it is not economically viable to buy macdonalds burgers and sell the for half the price, and you just open a shop that does that just to prove your point. Well, you may prove your point, but you will go bankrupt prooving it, and macdonalds will get richer (and thank you greatly for the extra proffit)!
legendary
Bitfarms.io
No need for the big red prints but you are totally right.

What proof they want more? There is an actual pool mining Spreadcoin.. bunch of idiots with their heads in the sand is the only thing I see here.
Burying your heads in the sand doesn't change the fact that SPR is cracked by pool now ,soon multi-pool.Constant dumping will come from multipool and FPGA farmers.
no comment about this issue?

We all know you're full of FUD - there is no issue, except you.

He's somewhat right about it.. I remember crouton complaining in Darkcoin about a few major pools having a bunch of hashrate.. we now see the same on SPR except it's private miners with no accountability to anyone versus pools that do have some accountability, at least to their users.

IMO Spreadcoin's only particular feature is flawed and got it's purpose defeated. All the other "features" are copied from other coins.

Edit: had to remove colors from my quote due to crybabies.

I couldn't agree with you more.But it seems nobody esle wants to talk about or even admit those flaws.
Just as you said ,SPR is totally NO FEATURES at all.
Here are the fatal flaws
1.Instamined
2.not no pool as it claimed on the title any longer
3.unfair distribution -- some one is mining with 50% faster optimized GPU miner
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Sure, I'm just a troll right.

Got anything to discuss instead of trying to say I'm a troll? Just because you can't refute my argument doesn't mean I'm a troll.

Spread's purpose is defeated for the moment, sorry for the sad reality check but instead of calling people trolls why don't you go fix the actual code instead of brining features from other coins while your main edge ("no pools") is flawed..

Edit: between me and you, frankly you're the troll.. Quoting posts while modifying what was wrote there.. ya. pityful.
Your name seems very familiar. Do I know you?
legendary
Bitfarms.io
Yea rite.. I looked the other day and a single spread address controlled over 25% of the network, get your facts straight.

Wether it's pools or single miners, I tend to think the latter is worse. At least pools have accountability in which they have to obey to the network policies up to some point to ensure their miners get paid. I'd rather have 25% of a network in the hand of a pool op having 500 users behind vs a single farmer.

Edit; also large pools is just a question of time as the "solo" edge of Spreadcoin has been flawed, hence I saw it had it's purpose beaten.

Large pools are not a question of time, the larger the pool, the easier it is for miners to steal from it, so pools, if they ever arise (aside from individuals testing by themselves), will keep small, within a group of trusted friends. Unless you come with a way to avoid the stealing of coins (and no one has yet), you opinion is flawed.

About being FUD, think of it: you are a pool owner, posting in an announcement thread for a coin that avoids pooling by enabling users to steal from them, quoting spammers that write in big red letters in an aggressive, accusatory tone, based on non existent facts and made up data. Well, you might call it opinion, but that's a hell of a misplaced opinion.

As far as the centralized mining going on I didn't keep a screenshot of what was going on the other day. However for the pool it's pretty simple and you know where to find it Wink (Nonce-Pool)
My point still goes... Spreadcoin's main "feature" (no pools) is flawed. Kthx.
legendary

legendary

Last time I checked I didn't own any pool anymore..

ok, i can correct it:

About being FUD, think of it: you are a former pool owner, posting in an announcement thread for a coin that avoids pooling by enabling users to steal from them, quoting spammers that write in big red letters in an aggressive, accusatory tone, based on non existent facts and made up data. Well, you might call it opinion, but that's a hell of a misplaced opinion.
Jump to: