Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 198. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io
Yea rite.. I looked the other day and a single spread address controlled over 25% of the network, get your facts straight.

Wether it's pools or single miners, I tend to think the latter is worse. At least pools have accountability in which they have to obey to the network policies up to some point to ensure their miners get paid. I'd rather have 25% of a network in the hand of a pool op having 500 users behind vs a single farmer.

Do you have a way to disprove my opinon? How can mine be fud and your's not?

Edit; also large pools is just a question of time as the "solo" edge of Spreadcoin has been flawed, hence I saw it had it's purpose beaten.

Large pools are not a question of time, the larger the pool, the easier it is for miners to steal from it, so pools, if they ever arise (aside from individuals testing by themselves), will keep small, within a group of trusted friends. Unless you come with a way to avoid the stealing of coins (and no one has yet), you opinion is flawed.

About being FUD, think of it: you are a pool owner, posting in an announcement thread for a coin that avoids pooling by enabling users to steal from them, quoting spammers that write in big red letters in an aggressive, accusatory tone, based on non existent facts and made up data. Well, you might call it opinion, but that's a hell of a misplaced opinion.

Last time I checked I didn't own any pool anymore.. what's you point..

Is there pools on spreadcoin? Yes
Is there mining centralization? Yes
Is Spreadcoin's purpose totally flawed at the moment? Yes

My point is totally valid.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
Yea rite.. I looked the other day and a single spread address controlled over 25% of the network, get your facts straight.

Wether it's pools or single miners, I tend to think the latter is worse. At least pools have accountability in which they have to obey to the network policies up to some point to ensure their miners get paid. I'd rather have 25% of a network in the hand of a pool op having 500 users behind vs a single farmer.

Edit; also large pools is just a question of time as the "solo" edge of Spreadcoin has been flawed, hence I saw it had it's purpose beaten.

Large pools are not a question of time, the larger the pool, the easier it is for miners to steal from it, so pools, if they ever arise (aside from individuals testing by themselves), will keep small, within a group of trusted friends. Unless you come with a way to avoid the stealing of coins (and no one has yet), you opinion is flawed.

About being FUD, think of it: you are a pool owner, posting in an announcement thread for a coin that avoids pooling by enabling users to steal from them, quoting spammers that write in big red letters in an aggressive, accusatory tone, based on non existent facts and made up data. Well, you might call it opinion, but that's a hell of a misplaced opinion.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
legendary
Bitfarms.io
Sure, I'm just a troll right.

Got anything to discuss instead of trying to say I'm a troll? Just because you can't refute my argument doesn't mean I'm a troll.

Spread's purpose is defeated for the moment, sorry for the sad reality check but instead of calling people trolls why don't you go fix the actual code instead of brining features from other coins while your main edge ("no pools") is flawed..

Edit: between me and you, frankly you're the troll.. Quoting posts while modifying what was wrote there.. ya. pityful.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Yea rite.. I looked the other day ....
BLABLABLA...

Do you see that, girino?
I smelled the troll from a mile away, it's just something in how they prepare their phrases, how they quote, how they ask their fake questions.
If a question is too stupid or too arrogant, or sounds like completely made up on the fly, maybe better ignore it.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
BLABLABLABLA

Not sure what you mean by that. It's purpose is to avoid hashrate concentration in pools. Pools have no accountability whatsoever, as individual miners don't. So no difference in that. But pools lead to much more concentrated hashrate, as all the graphs shown by the trolls, and the rich list from spread tend to show. We have someone with at most 11% of the hashrate, while on BTC and DRK some pools have more than 30% of it. HOW is it a flawed feature with it's purpose defeated?

I understand that you have interest in FUDing this coin as you are purposefully quoting someone that writes in big red letters, but please, get your facts straight!

Don't bother, he is a veritable troll.
He even came to IRC to continue his trolling, so he can get off on it.
 Grin

Best thing is to ignore them as fast as possible, or he will keep you busy as long as you let him, and you will help him make his trolling look like a legitimate discussion here for newcomers, when it's not!
legendary
Bitfarms.io

legendary
Burying your heads in the sand doesn't change the fact that SPR is cracked by pool now ,soon multi-pool.Constant dumping will come from multipool and FPGA farmers.
no comment about this issue?

We all know you're full of FUD - there is no issue, except you.

He's somewhat right about it.. I remember crouton complaining in Darkcoin about a few major pools having a bunch of hashrate.. we now see the same on SPR except it's private miners with no accountability to anyone versus pools that do have some accountability, at least to their users.

IMO Spreadcoin's only particular feature is flawed and got it's purpose defeated. All the other "features" are copied from other coins.

Not sure what you mean by that. It's purpose is to avoid hashrate concentration in pools. Pools have no accountability whatsoever, as individual miners don't. So no difference in that. But pools lead to much more concentrated hashrate, as all the graphs shown by the trolls, and the rich list from spread tend to show. We have someone with at most 11% of the hashrate, while on BTC and DRK some pools have more than 30% of it. HOW is it a flawed feature with it's purpose defeated?

I understand that you have interest in FUDing this coin as you are purposefully quoting someone that writes in big red letters, but please, get your facts straight!
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I say, anyone who dares to quote big red text without the courtesy of deleting this text (or atleast removing the formating) deserves to be put on the ignore list.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Burying your heads in the sand doesn't change the fact that SPR is cracked by pool now ,soon multi-pool.Constant dumping will come from multipool and FPGA farmers.

He's somewhat right about it.. I remember crouton complaining in Darkcoin about a few major pools having a bunch of hashrate.. we now see the same on SPR except it's private miners with no accountability to anyone versus pools that do have some accountability, at least to their users.

IMO Spread's flawed and got it's purpose defeated.

Spreadcoin should focus its efforts on the "core" of the existing advantage, rather than its periphery.
Solo-mining has failed,could it be fixed by updating the present algorithm or something esle ?

We shouldn't lose our main characteristic(solo-mining).Now the question is can it be fixed ?
legendary
Bitfarms.io

IMO Spreadcoin's only particular feature is flawed and got it's purpose defeated. All the other "features" are copied from other coins.

Edit: had to remove colors from my quote due to crybabies.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I think we need to be careful about posting addresses in this thread...

This link should work instead...: )

I thought about that too an hour ago, but then again, I posted my donation adress all the time (hundreds of times) in my posts in the darkcoin thread.

If two persons share each others adresses it can't be considered a coin giveaway.

But yes, better be careful.

Mr. Spread has been banned by a legitimate post where there is NO MENTION AT ALL to a giveway and he has NEVER asked anyone to post addresses. But people posting the addresses in the thread he created had him banned. So, better safe than sorry. No addresses here!

I am not sure about that. That sounds like an awesome attack vector that trolls could use. To just show up and create hundreds of posts with adresses and have any thread banned in no time?
I am not trying to give them any ideas BTW, lol

But, it doesn't work this way. Or we would have seen 1000 banned threads by now.
Mr.Spread was ok with the coin giveaway, and he gladly answered all the people who wanted him to give them tSPR, THAT'S the difference.

But I agree that we should be careful.  Cool
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I thought about that too an hour ago, but then again, I posted my donation adress all the time (hundreds of times) in my posts in the darkcoin thread. (and I'm not talking about my signature)

If two persons share each others adresses it can't be considered a coin giveaway.

I think it is easier for such posts to pass under the radar in big threads.  Mr Spread probably caught the attention of staff because he created a brand new thread...

You know what, you are absolutely right.

It's too dangerous.

Therefor
http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40.0
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

I thought about that too an hour ago, but then again, I posted my donation adress all the time (hundreds of times) in my posts in the darkcoin thread.

Mr. Spread has been banned by a legitimate post where there is NO MENTION AT ALL to a giveway and he has NEVER asked anyone to post addresses. But people posting the addresses in the thread he created had him banned. So, better safe than sorry. No addresses here!

all good girino ...

as mentioned in my response above ...

Smiley

#crysx
legendary

why? ...

#crysx

So it isn't misconstrued as a giveaway...perhaps it is a bit to cautious...

o ok ... i see what you mean ...

bct doesnt allow giveaways - does it? ...

this is a testing thread though - surely the moderators can see that? ...

NONE of the coins here are in 'real use' - just for testnet ...

though - cautious as you are - it may be that its the right course of action to take ...

tanx for bringing my attention to it ...

#crysx
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I thought about that too an hour ago, but then again, I posted my donation adress all the time (hundreds of times) in my posts in the darkcoin thread. (and I'm not talking about my signature)

I think it is easier for such posts to pass under the radar in big threads.  Mr Spread probably caught the attention of staff because he created a brand new thread...
legendary

legendary
spreadcoin.info

What we should ommit at all costs, is having one guy come here and saying : HERE I HAVE COINS, WHO WANTS SOME???
And then having hundreds of people answering him...
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

why? ...

#crysx

So it isn't misconstrued as a giveaway...perhaps it is a bit too cautious...but posting addresses in bitcointalk threads are considered 'insubstantial posts' if they are for any kind of giveaway.  Staff does not look too kindly upon them...
legendary

why? ...

#crysx
Jump to: