Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 245. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Yes, lets encourage people to blindly trust someone who we know absolutely nothing about and, just like eduffield, continually makes insider/whale friendly changes. NO ONE will ever get scammed that way ! Genius ! Roll Eyes

Btw.. how secure and decentralized do your precious MNs look to everyone now ?

Nobody is encouraging people to blindly trust. But people should not be afraid of anonymity.
Instead, anonymity is something that should be valued, especially when important people use it.

Would satoshi think it's a good idea to "build trust" by showing his true face publicly?
In the contrary, the establishment would crucify him! And he knows.

PS: I never installed a DRK masternode, although I have owned enough DRK for about a year. But I am going to install SPR Masternodes for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Yes, lets encourage people to blindly trust someone who we know absolutely nothing about and, just like eduffield, continually makes insider/whale friendly changes. NO ONE will ever get scammed that way ! Genius ! Roll Eyes

Btw.. how secure and decentralized do your precious MNs look to everyone now ?
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Does anybody know who Mr Spread is?

I don't know, was just interested to know if he is publicly known like the devs from other major coins.

You mean like that infamous bitcoin guy?
I for one hope that Mr.Spread stays as anonymous as possible.
This would play into the general decentralization theme we value so much here at spreadcoin.
No foundation, no central dev making public appearances and such... none of that!
Just a loose network of cooperating people who believe in decentralization.

who have the path of this coin in the hands of an anonymous dev ...

yup - never heard that story before ... Wink

still - sounds like a winning combo ...

#crysx

I prefer an anonymous dev who goes ALWAYS open source, instead of a publicly known figure who thinks it's a good idea to go closed source for months.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

I don't know, was just interested to know if he is publicly known like the devs from other major coins.

This would play into the general decentralization theme we value so much here at spreadcoin.
No foundation, no central dev making public appearances and such... none of that!

who have the path of this coin in the hands of an anonymous dev ...

yup - never heard that story before ... Wink

still - sounds like a winning combo ...

#crysx
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

I'm not sure, but hey this is the internet. I've been reading trough topics and his posts and placed some trust in him. Seems like an intelligent guy and always willing to help/clarify the tech to the users Smiley
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Small update regarding spreadcointalk:

you can now like and unlike posts.
Under your avatar it will show the total amount of likes you ever received.

Enjoy.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

goatse
Activity: 169
This will not happen with SpreadCoin.

In DarkCoin the messages which select masternodes are separate from the blockchain and are distributed independently. This way it is possible that nodes will have different opinion on what masternode should receive next payment. In SpreadCoin all votes for masternodes will be stored in blocks and the payee will be uniquely determined from previous blocks. Just like you can check that any transaction included in the block is correct by comparing its inputs with outputs in previous blocks you will be able to check that masternode payment is correct by checking previous blocks.

Why bitcoin is so reliable? Because all nodes have exactly the same rules how to determine which blockchains are correct and which one is better (required more work) than others, these rules are only depended on blocks themselves, not on the order in which they were received them nor on any other messages which you may or may not receive in time. The network can be unstable in the case of some major event which will break connectivity between nodes such as damage of submarine cables, world war, alien invasion, zombie apocalypse, etc. but once connectivity between nodes is reestablished all nodes will stick to the same blockchain. The same will apply to SpreadCoin.
This sounds interesting. If I'm reading right, SPR masternode payment selection will be stored in the block(chain) simular to Bitcoin. Wouldn't this save a whole lot of trouble with network concesus (and even more, enforcement would be obsolete because side-chaining would not be possible trough an incorrect version of the client)?

On a downside, wouldn't this make the blockchain alot bigger in size?  

selling presure is accumulating as price is approaching 70k sato  Undecided

yep, almost 10btc pressure at about 73k sats, people are willing to sell at those prices...no buy support yet, some little walls at 58k sat Roll Eyes
Not much but I'll pitch in a few btc support tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

Activity: 121
Mr. Spread, here is the Darkcoin dev's explanation for the fork.  Hopefully SPR will be able to avoid like issues:

[noparse]https://darkcointalk.org/threads/0-11-0-darkcoin-core-release.3601/page-23[/noparse]

Post 453 and 458

You need to copy and paste otherwise you get rickrolled.  

In DarkCoin the messages which select masternodes are separate from the blockchain and are distributed independently. This way it is possible that nodes will have different opinion on what masternode should receive next payment. In SpreadCoin all votes for masternodes will be stored in blocks and the payee will be uniquely determined from previous blocks. Just like you can check that any transaction included in the block is correct by comparing its inputs with outputs in previous blocks you will be able to check that masternode payment is correct by checking previous blocks.

Why bitcoin is so reliable? Because all nodes have exactly the same rules how to determine which blockchains are correct and which one is better (required more work) than others, these rules are only depended on blocks themselves, not on the order in which they were received them nor on any other messages which you may or may not receive in time. The network can be unstable in the case of some major event which will break connectivity between nodes such as damage of submarine cables, world war, alien invasion, zombie apocalypse, etc. but once connectivity between nodes is reestablished all nodes will stick to the same blockchain. The same will apply to SpreadCoin.
I am eager to see spread masternodes which is expected to be released at the end of next week Grin
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Hey georgem, are we going to get any of these?

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/sexy-darkcoin-gifs-pics-no-nudity.1762/#post-11898 (nsfw)

"Spread your ***" or something Smiley On second thoughts don't say that. Wink

edit:
Rick rolls??? WTF

Here is the link:

Code:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/sexy-darkcoin-gifs-pics-no-nudity.1762/#post-11898

STOP IT! HAHAHAHAHA!  Grin Cheesy Grin

I might... but I have too much respect for Mr. Spread and the community to post anything in this thread here. Hm, if only I had my own forum? ....Ha!

No, I am more into cartoons and animations these days.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Mr. Spread, here is the Darkcoin dev's explanation for the fork.  Hopefully SPR will be able to avoid like issues:

[noparse]https://darkcointalk.org/threads/0-11-0-darkcoin-core-release.3601/page-23[/noparse]

Post 453 and 458

Yes! I hoped that this would be the case!

Where exactly will the Ddosing happen? Constantly asking the network to send the list of the top 1000 allowed masternodes? Is this transmitted data going to be what bloats/attacks the system?
Isn't this data communicated thru the blockchain? If not, maybe it should, so that miners can secure this data.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Hey georgem, are we going to get any of these?

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/sexy-darkcoin-gifs-pics-no-nudity.1762/#post-11898 (nsfw)

"Spread your ***" or something Smiley On second thoughts don't say that. Wink

edit:
Rick rolls??? WTF

Here is the link:

Code:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/sexy-darkcoin-gifs-pics-no-nudity.1762/#post-11898
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
It's a virus guys. Notice the name difference of the real wolf

What virus? What wolf? Explain.

Moderator deleted his post, somebody with similar name like Wolf posted "improved AMD miner" link but it was a virus
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
In SpreadCoin all votes for masternodes will be stored in blocks and the payee will be uniquely determined from previous blocks.
So it is decentralised consensus algorithm?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
It's a virus guys. Notice the name difference of the real wolf

What virus? What wolf? Explain.
Activity: 219
Nothing to see here guys
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Votes stored in blockchains is one of the major Spread MN feathers which makes it much more stable than dark MN.
Activity: 210

Post 453 and 458

Jump to: