Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 244. (Read 810085 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
- The block reward was reduced by 90% after block 2200 for no apparent reason.
Time between blocks was reduces from 10 to 1 minute.

- The publicly available kernels are crippled versions of the fully optimized variety.
No, fully optimized kernels are based on publicly available kernels (I think).
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Yes, lets encourage people to blindly trust someone who we know absolutely nothing about and, just like eduffield, continually makes insider/whale friendly changes. NO ONE will ever get scammed that way ! Genius ! Roll Eyes

Btw.. how secure and decentralized do your precious MNs look to everyone now ?

Nobody is encouraging people to blindly trust. But people should not be afraid of anonymity.
Instead, anonymity is something that should be valued, especially when important people use it.

Would satoshi think it's a good idea to "build trust" by showing his true face publicly?
In the contrary, the establishment would crucify him! And he knows.

PS: I never installed a DRK masternode, although I have owned enough DRK for about a year. But I am going to install SPR Masternodes for sure.
Mr.spread has done what he promised since the first day of lauch till now.
why don't you check his previous posts?  fudding here to buy cheap ? or sth else ? Huh

Do not confuse facts with FUD.

DRK was instamined, as was SPR.
- The first 400 66.xxx SPR blocks were minted during the first hour after launch. This should have caused the difficulty to skyrocket.
http://spreadcoin.net/explorer/index.php?q=400

Now lets see if the typical market and hashpower manipulation techniques used by many/most devs are in effect here.
- The block reward was reduced by 90% after block 2200 for no apparent reason.

- The publicly available kernels are crippled versions of the fully optimized variety.

- The master NOOBdes hype.
Activity: 121
My name is Mr. Spread
Brilliant !
I have no desire to your real identity.All I care is you have done what you promised.
In the flood of scams and shitcoins  Devs' honesty is the first reason for me to make a  investment decision.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
My name is Mr. Spread

If you could like posts on BCT, I would have liked that post.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Activity: 210
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Yes, lets encourage people to blindly trust someone who we know absolutely nothing about and, just like eduffield, continually makes insider/whale friendly changes. NO ONE will ever get scammed that way ! Genius ! Roll Eyes

Sure, and you know everything about Satoshi Nakamoto, following your logic: Bitcoin = shit.

Cheers

Everybody is so defensive on this thread!  This identity debate only started because I asked if we knew who Mr Spread is...its a reasonable question!

Yes, I am defending his desire to remain anonymous. And your desire to ask questions. So continue, ask more!  Smiley Not sure you will get answers though.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116

Sure, and you know everything about Satoshi Nakamoto, following your logic: Bitcoin = shit.

Cheers

Everybody is so defensive on this thread!  This identity debate only started because I asked if we knew who Mr Spread is...its a reasonable question!

Defensive no, logic yes, the vegan´s logic is faulty, simple logic.

Cheers
Hippo is just trying to satisty his curiosity~  Wink
Without IPO,ICO,premine,presale, Mr.spread has no resposiblity to disclose his real name.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

Cheers

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hey guys,

I have a couple questions:
- Should the link to the identity (http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14.msg57#msg57) also go on the first page under a header, for instance, Miscellaneous?
- Is a wallet generator being developped, to  cold storage Spreadcoins?
- Are we still going to do a signature design contest?

Thanks
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Good to hear.  Do you anticipate this causing much blockchain bloat over time?

Wouldn't this be something that remains steady over time? It will add to the block size, but it will not increase over time.
We will have a limited number of allowed masternodes.
(Well, I still advocate that Mr. Spread lets the number of masternodes slowly grow over time, something like (Available coins)/1000.
I think this is important to always be able to attract newcomers, and not give the impression of "the club of the 1000 MN owners",
this would be wrong IMHO. )
Mr. Spread, here is the Darkcoin dev's explanation for the fork.  Hopefully SPR will be able to avoid like issues:

[noparse]https://darkcointalk.org/threads/0-11-0-darkcoin-core-release.3601/page-23[/noparse]

Post 453 and 458

You need to copy and paste otherwise you get rickrolled.  
This will not happen with SpreadCoin.

In DarkCoin the messages which select masternodes are separate from the blockchain and are distributed independently. This way it is possible that nodes will have different opinion on what masternode should receive next payment. In SpreadCoin all votes for masternodes will be stored in blocks and the payee will be uniquely determined from previous blocks. Just like you can check that any transaction included in the block is correct by comparing its inputs with outputs in previous blocks you will be able to check that masternode payment is correct by checking previous blocks.

Why bitcoin is so reliable? Because all nodes have exactly the same rules how to determine which blockchains are correct and which one is better (required more work) than others, these rules are only depended on blocks themselves, not on the order in which they were received them nor on any other messages which you may or may not receive in time. The network can be unstable in the case of some major event which will break connectivity between nodes such as damage of submarine cables, world war, alien invasion, zombie apocalypse, etc. but once connectivity between nodes is reestablished all nodes will stick to the same blockchain. The same will apply to SpreadCoin.

Good to hear.  Do you anticipate this causing much blockchain bloat over time?
Don't forget that SPR uses the compact block. Over the past half year,it has generated less than 170MB block files.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Activity: 854
Mr. Spread, here is the Darkcoin dev's explanation for the fork.  Hopefully SPR will be able to avoid like issues:

[noparse]https://darkcointalk.org/threads/0-11-0-darkcoin-core-release.3601/page-23[/noparse]

Post 453 and 458

You need to copy and paste otherwise you get rickrolled.  
This will not happen with SpreadCoin.

In DarkCoin the messages which select masternodes are separate from the blockchain and are distributed independently. This way it is possible that nodes will have different opinion on what masternode should receive next payment. In SpreadCoin all votes for masternodes will be stored in blocks and the payee will be uniquely determined from previous blocks. Just like you can check that any transaction included in the block is correct by comparing its inputs with outputs in previous blocks you will be able to check that masternode payment is correct by checking previous blocks.

Why bitcoin is so reliable? Because all nodes have exactly the same rules how to determine which blockchains are correct and which one is better (required more work) than others, these rules are only depended on blocks themselves, not on the order in which they were received them nor on any other messages which you may or may not receive in time. The network can be unstable in the case of some major event which will break connectivity between nodes such as damage of submarine cables, world war, alien invasion, zombie apocalypse, etc. but once connectivity between nodes is reestablished all nodes will stick to the same blockchain. The same will apply to SpreadCoin.

Good to hear.  Do you anticipate this causing much blockchain bloat over time?

Nobody is encouraging people to blindly trust. But people should not be afraid of anonymity.
Instead, anonymity is something that should be valued, especially when important people use it.

Would satoshi think it's a good idea to "build trust" by showing his true face publicly?

PS: I never installed a DRK masternode, although I have owned enough DRK for about a year. But I am going to install SPR Masternodes for sure.
why don't you check his previous posts?  fudding here to buy cheap ? or sth else ? Huh

Wut? Why are you quoting me while saying that?  Cheesy
sorry man,quoto the wrong post  Roll Eyes
legendary
spreadcoin.info

why don't you check his previous posts?  fudding here to buy cheap ? or sth else ? Huh

Wut? Why are you quoting me while saying that?  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1092
Does anybody know who Mr Spread is?

I don't know, was just interested to know if he is publicly known like the devs from other major coins.

You mean like that infamous bitcoin guy?
I for one hope that Mr.Spread stays as anonymous as possible.
This would play into the general decentralization theme we value so much here at spreadcoin.
No foundation, no central dev making public appearances and such... none of that!
Just a loose network of cooperating people who believe in decentralization.

Totally agree man!  Cool
Jump to: