Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 285. (Read 810083 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
The Business Side of Spreadcoin

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Spreadcoin beyond that of an investor.  I do not know Mr. Spread and am in no way trying to step on any toes as this is his coin.  I simply have a successful business background that causes me to look at cryptocurrencies from a different perspective from many.

At present, the direction Spreadcoin is headed is towards masternode implementation.  Then what?  Maybe Mr. Spread knows, maybe not.  Improved masternodes in my opinion makes this a $x,xxx,xxx coin which is outstanding.  However, I am looking to invest in the next billion dollar coin.  I was an early adopter of bitcoin and I plan to be an early adopter of the next billion dollar cryptocurrency.  At present, the coin with the best chance of that is Ripple.  I don't say that because of its' current marketcap, but because of its investors: https://www.ripplelabs.com/investors/ and its' team: https://www.ripplelabs.com/team/ -- investors like that invest because of the team first and technology second.  And the interesting part is investors like that help form a killer team because not only have they, "Been there, done that" but they have innumerable connections.

Will there be a billion dollar coin after Ripple?  Yes.  Why not Spreadcoin?  What would it take for Spreadcoin to be the next billion dollar coin in a frothing sea of cryptocurrency?  I feel that the next billion dollar coin will be a combination of excellent technology from a developer or developers, creative marketing, and strong business acumen.  At present, some coins have decent marketing, but I haven't seen any that also have impressive business skills.  

We're looking for strong technology, marketing, and business acumen.  

Technology: We have an outstanding lead developer which is what attracted me to this coin first.  However, at some point we will need additional developers, QA personnel, etc.  Some coins like Darkcoin have attracted such people but it is getting harder and harder as the talent is diluted across hundreds of coins.

Marketing: We have none.  We may get lucky and a marketing guru decides to invest in SPR but the chances aren't extremely high.  How do we attract experienced, quality marketers?

Business Acumen: You have me.  Well, sorta.  This is a hobby for me.  I have a young child and I have retired to spend my time with him.  I find cryptocurrency to be absolutely fascinating so it has become a passionate hobby.  I can advise but do not want to lead.  Experienced, successful businessmen can be worth their weight in gold.

How do you attract developers and support staff, strong marketers, and experienced businessmen?  Do you hope they come across SPR?  No.  You give them some skin in the game.  In the business world that means stock options (eventual shares in the company if it is successful), mergers and acquisitions, and/or bringing in investors in exchange for shares and they provide capital so you can hire them.  Some coins have understood this to a degree and created premines but most were scams or used in an amateur fashion.  Ripple was all premine and has set aside massive amounts for this very purpose.

Spreadcoin has no premine.  Sure, we could create a superblock but most people hate superblocks.  I feel the impending implementation of masternodes is a unique opportunity for this to change.  What if each block had 33% go to miners, 33% go to masternode owners, and 33% go to the business development fund.  This fund could eventually be handled under the supervision of a legal entity directed by Mr. Spread and a competent team of experienced, bright, creative individuals.  It would provide the means to raise capital, attract talented individuals, and acquire other coins/businesses/technologies.

Is this the only way to a billion dollar coin?  No, bitcoin is proof of that.  But it had first mover advantage.  Mr. Spread may detest the idea of all of this to which I won't argue.  I simply wanted to give a possible direction for Spreadcoin to take, that, based upon my experience, if done well, could result in SPR becoming a billion dollar coin.
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
With 23 Mh I find 1-2 blocks per day. What a nonsense Huh

You should be getting more
Last 24h i found 37 blocks with 80MH/s
damn lucky bastards and your being able to mine this fantastic coin Smiley I am totally envious of you guys and if anyone can help me set up my miner so I can possibly get more hash out of it that would be greatly appreciated.  I have an intel corei5 processors and I downloaded the AMD 14.9 catalyst so could someone help me out possibly with how to set up my start.bat for the miner? I am trying to use the one that Mr. Spread posted for the newbies who don't know how to mine Smiley

I would not processor mine anymore.  Only GPU mine.  I use (10) Nvidia EVGA 750ti's and I find about 6-10 blocks a day.  What is your GPU?  AMD?
I don't know for sure but there is a way I can check that out right? like somewhere I type something in and it will give me that information?
Hehe Noob you will have to know which GPU you have?  If not sure open the box and shine a flash light in there!  Or go to the mfr website and see what it came with if you didn't purchase it outright.
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Hmm, one miner has 24% of the hashrate.  Interesting.  Looks like we found the dumper.

Nice chart by the way.
No, 24% is just within this top addresses.

To clarify, people brought up the concern that some miners aren't taken into account due to their blocks being sent to a new address each time.  Is this correct or did you find a workaround for that in this chart?
The blockchain dont know which addresses are in same wallet. We can just infer that, after he assemble that coins. like Sfxc14Aj5FHA7cwLqxZyMxdus5CgVxr9Mw.

Fair enough.  Would you be willing to continue to host all of this?
Yes, i host it, and it is updated once every day.

elbandi maybe you could ask Mr Spread to put a link in the OP and on the Spread website?
What link? There is no link in the quoted messages, are you talking about this http://104.36.83.126/spreadcoin ?

Yes

Is this chart correct? The 21% part of it...

Edit: if correct then 21% of 4GH/s is 800MH/s which is pretty big for solo mining it seems... unless I'm missing something...
Hmm, one miner has 24% of the hashrate.  Interesting.  Looks like we found the dumper.

Nice chart by the way.

To clarify, people brought up the concern that some miners aren't taken into account due to their blocks being sent to a new address each time.  Is this correct or did you find a workaround for that in this chart?
The blockchain dont know which addresses are in same wallet. We can just infer that, after he assemble that coins. like Sfxc14Aj5FHA7cwLqxZyMxdus5CgVxr9Mw.

Fair enough.  Would you be willing to continue to host all of this?

elbandi maybe you could ask Mr Spread to put a link in the OP and on the Spread website?
What link? There is no link in the quoted messages, are you talking about this http://104.36.83.126/spreadcoin ?

Yes
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Nice chart by the way.

legendary
Activity: 966

Nice chart by the way.

Nice chart by the way.

Sounds good.   Will you please:

1.  Post the link here again.
2.  Provide me your SPR address.
3.  Remind me how much I owe you Smiley
legendary

damn lucky bastards and your being able to mine this fantastic coin Smiley I am totally envious of you guys and if anyone can help me set up my miner so I can possibly get more hash out of it that would be greatly appreciated.  I have an intel corei5 processors and I downloaded the AMD 14.9 catalyst so could someone help me out possibly with how to set up my start.bat for the miner? I am trying to use the one that Mr. Spread posted for the newbies who don't know how to mine Smiley

I would not processor mine anymore.  Only GPU mine.  I use (10) Nvidia EVGA 750ti's and I find about 6-10 blocks a day.  What is your GPU?  AMD?
I don't know for sure but there is a way I can check that out right? like somewhere I type something in and it will give me that information?

www.google.com

Put a little effort in... Grin
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

Activity: 525
Merit: 531

Nice chart by the way.

legendary
FYI - to all I just resubmitted a ticket request to have SPR added at Cryptsy.  I linked our thread.  I think if everyone considers doing this we might see it added to the voting list.

It can't hurt I suppose, but I've used cryptsy exactly once and will never do so again.  Cheesy
legendary
FYI - to all I just resubmitted a ticket request to have SPR added at Cryptsy.  I linked our thread.  I think if everyone considers doing this we might see it added to the voting list.
legendary

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

One day people will be saying, "I wish I would have kept mining SPR when it was so cheap but I was only getting a block every few days..."

I understand it's frustrating, but it's going to be well worth it.
I have to agree with him on it being well worth it for any free SpreadCoin Smiley I have had to buy all of mine and I'm still very happy about my investment Smiley

One day people will be saying, "I wish I would have kept mining SPR when it was so cheap but I was only getting a block every few days..."

I understand it's frustrating, but it's going to be well worth it.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
As an owner of both Spreadcoin and Darkcoin, I hope that Mr. Spread is better with communication and releasing new code than Evan from Darkcoin.  Evan is a greater coder but this kind of thing happens too often -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.78540 read a page or two and you'll see.  I've always worried than Evan is one day going to release something too early.
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Ok since I didn't really get a clear answer before I am going to ask again;

My VPS has 2 ip's. How do I start two Spreadcoin wallets with each wallet on a different ip? (so I can have 2 masternodes)

Bind the daemons to the unique IP's it was answered with the forum link.
Well I specifically said can I use -bind and whoever answered it didn't say yes. They just said "You could do it this way" and sent me a link. (the link has really bad english)
I have my VPS's wallet set up already so I don't know where to start ln the instructions.

So it is as easy as -bind?

Yes, you'll have to change the rpc port as well, and make sure they are open on your server and local firewalls.
How do I check if the ports are open and if they aren't, how do I open them?

And this will enable me to run 2 masternodes on 1 VPS?

Yes, as long as you have 2 IPs you can run 2 MNs on 1 server.

I use ufw for my server firewall, it's very very easy. You can scan your server ports with nmap or a similar tool.

If you want to practice, you can run a Darkcoin testnet Masternode.  Smiley

http://www.howtogeek.com/177621/the-beginners-guide-to-iptables-the-linux-firewall/ <----- pretty good info there as well, once you read these the forum link I posted yesterday will start to make much more sense :-)
Jump to: