Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 283. (Read 810083 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I think giving up more then 5% of the block reward to the "foundation" is way too much. I would definately support 1%

How about 0%, because everything else goes against decentralization?

Is it just that you guys don't understand decentralization, or that you don't particularly like it? Or don't see any value in it?

Listen, it's not negotiable!  Smiley

Throwing our principles out of the window at the first opportunity or what?

Has bitcoin ever seriously considered such "foundation block rewards" ?

No. Do a hell of a lot of "shitcoins" discuss and embed them?

Yes.

Case closed.

I agree, sod all of this 5% to the dev fund! If you want to help the Dev, donate directly to his wallet.
Nothing should be coded to accommodate this! No matter how much i want to see SPR succeed!

I hope MrSpread has a reasonable stash of SPR that will increase in value over time, then he can personally keep himself going.

When I speak of a, "Development fund" I do not speak of the money going to Mr. Spread.  This would be a business development fund that could be utilized for anything from raising capital by doing private coin placements with accredited investors to hiring top of the line marketing teams to bringing on additional developers to acquiring other coins.  It provides all sorts of leverage and ability for Spreadcoin in a highly competitive environment.

In 5 years SPR marketcap is $20billion.

Alot has happened, and SPR is best coin out there.

MrSpread has left development and abandoned ship.

The "dev fund" continues to accumulate funds (and alot of them).

We cannot contact MrSpread.

We cannot shut down the dev fund, as it's hard coded.

What do we do?

Nonsense: multi-sig addresses, and anything 'hard-coded' can be changed, it's a git repo not the unalterable Word of Dog.

Investment means having a plan, and having the resources to carry it out.

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
At first I didn't like myfarms proposal of a masternode ranking algorithm that took into account ISP instead of just number of SPR.  But after reading this, i'm liking the idea more --

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/554005770493521920

Peter Todd: "With Bitstamp on Amazon AWS, there's a high probability that some Three Letter Agency has a copy of their databases; expect zero privacy."

Aren't most of DRK Masternodes on Amazon AWS?  

16% give or take.
Activity: 854
I think giving up more then 5% of the block reward to the "foundation" is way too much. I would definately support 1%

Is it just that you guys don't understand decentralization, or that you don't particularly like it? Or don't see any value in it?

Yes.

Case closed.

I agree, sod all of this 5% to the dev fund! If you want to help the Dev, donate directly to his wallet.
Nothing should be coded to accommodate this! No matter how much i want to see SPR succeed!

I hope MrSpread has a reasonable stash of SPR that will increase in value over time, then he can personally keep himself going.

When I speak of a, "Development fund" I do not speak of the money going to Mr. Spread.  This would be a business development fund that could be utilized for anything from raising capital by doing private coin placements with accredited investors to hiring top of the line marketing teams to bringing on additional developers to acquiring other coins.  It provides all sorts of leverage and ability for Spreadcoin in a highly competitive environment.

What do we do?

Order tons of hookers and blow.

In seriousness, the development fund guards against that.  It reduces some of the risk that Jessee Livermore wrote so well about.  Let's say Mr. Spread, god forbid, gets hit by a bus, there are other developers and funds available so that the coin can continue being developed.  If at some point it is determined that the fund is no longer needed or can be reduced, the code can be updated. 

The actual fund wouldn't be run solely by Mr. Spread.  It would be overseen by a group of individuals, one of whom would no doubt be Mr. Spread.

I'd like to reiterate once again that I respect that this is Mr. Spreads coin and all this is, is my putting forth an idea for the coin's betterment.  If Mr. Spread has no interest, it's all good.
legendary
Activity: 1092

Yes.

Case closed.

What do we do?

Yes.

Case closed.

It removes the, "Hope" that you will have the necessary and highly skilled/sought after individuals with coding, marketing, and business development backgrounds not only invest in SPR, but also be willing to, and have the time to volunteer for its' betterment.

Yes.

Maybe I don't understand decentralization.  How is a percentage of SPR going to a business development fund centralization but a percentage of funds going to masternode owners not?
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Is this chart correct? The 21% part of it...

Edit: if correct then 21% of 4GH/s is 800MH/s which is pretty big for solo mining it seems... unless I'm missing something...
You understand the graph wrong. This is a all-time graph, not current miners!

The top miner (SNYqc..) mined they blocks in the past. And this 21% is from the displayed miners. If we compare him to all miners, they mined only the 1.7% of all blocks. (3789/218427*100). The tenth miner (SaK77W2..., ) own only 0.2% of all blocks. And others mined the other 91.7% of all blocks. If i display this, the graph will be malformed and ugly.

(miners = addresses is coinbase tx!)

Thx for the clarification Smiley
Activity: 271
Merit: 251
Still waiting on information about what master nodes are and how they (will) work.

Come on you guys. I keep asking and nobody has responded.

Check out www.darkcointalk.org ? Plenty of information there.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4585001 - OP of darkcoin thread on BCT, might be a good intro.

https://www.darkcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/InstantTX.pdf - InstantX whitepaper

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
legendary
Still waiting on information about what master nodes are and how they (will) work.

Check out www.darkcointalk.org ? Plenty of information there.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4585001 - OP of darkcoin thread on BCT, might be a good intro.

https://www.darkcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/InstantTX.pdf - InstantX whitepaper

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

Activity: 525
Merit: 531
i thingk a new change is made Mr.Spread in spreadcoin by correcting wrong  genesis hash value.

-uint256 hashGenesisBlock("0x00000ffd590b1485b3caadc19b22e6379c733355108f107a430458cdf3407ab6"); //mainnet
+uint256 hashGenesisBlock;

i think currently Merkle root and hash is different

https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/spreadcoin/commit/d396ee9ccfe118609da17b0d940c32f83e7dfa35
variable initialization is useless there, because the right value is setted later.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Some nice buy
s on Bittrex today. Time moves on and Spread Masternodes are getting closer.

linear interpolation between halving points is the most beautiful think i see at spr. once instant x is implemented  the block gen time can be increased to 5-10 min to cut the supply further.
i thingk a new change is made Mr.Spread in spreadcoin by correcting wrong  genesis hash value.
-uint256 hashGenesisBlock("0x00000ffd590b1485b3caadc19b22e6379c733355108f107a430458cdf3407ab6"); //mainnet

https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/spreadcoin/commit/d396ee9ccfe118609da17b0d940c32f83e7dfa35

That's the Darkcoin genesis block hash, it didn't actually do much in there, was just left over from the original code.

even though that may not cause any trouble, its happy to see mr. spread is acting quickly to correct it.
legendary

That's the Darkcoin genesis block hash, it didn't actually do much in there, was just left over from the original code.
legendary
Some nice buys on Bittrex today. Time moves on and Spread Masternodes are getting closer. Smiley

Activity: 101
Hi,please help me.....in what exchanges spreadcoin has been in past? not only in Bittrex
C-CEX
AllCrypt
AlcurEx...
https://betasharex.com/trade/SPR/BTC
are you doing some research about the past trading volumn?
thanks:) I just forgot in which exchange I deposited my spreadcoins:)
Activity: 45
Hi,please help me.....in what exchanges spreadcoin has been in past? not only in Bittrex
C-CEX
AllCrypt
AlcurEx...
are you doing some research about the past trading volumn?
Activity: 45
C-CEX
AllCrypt
AlcurEx...
Activity: 101
C-CEX
AllCrypt
AlcurEx...
Jump to: