Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 282. (Read 810083 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Just the act of buying SPR helps MrSpread and Spreadcoin's development.

I'm all in faver of raising capital for the project, but can't we figure something out that's more economical than raising 100k SPR? I just can't see it happening?

You guys only need to raise 74,000.  I'll cover the rest.

It means everyone giving less than 5% of their SPR to ensure we are well positioned for the future.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
I'll donate 1000 SPR to the fund.

I'm against giving part of the block reward to any foundation, this is like premine. No matter how transparent it would be it would still look unfair to many people. The better way is donating.

Fair enough.  My suggestion would be for you to start an address now that we can send coin to.  It's much easier to talk people into donating when the coin is in its early stages like Spread is.

A good initial war chest would be $1,000,000.  Looking at a forward valuation of $10.00 per coin (I expect SPR to go well beyond that) that means 100,000 SPR.

If you setup an address, I will donate the first 1,000 SPR and once 75,000 SPR are donated, I will donate an additional 25,000 to bring it up to 100,000.

I'm all in faver of raising capital for the project, but can't we figure something out that's more economical than raising 100k SPR? I just can't see it happening?

We keep talking about ideas, we back MrSpread and give him input/feedback, we shout and scream about Spreadnodes/instantx as they land and all will be well   Cheesy

touch wood.

You should write the prospectus and marketing plan for SPR.

"Dear investors, we are going to shout and scream about Spreadcoin please invest lots of money thank you"
legendary
Activity: 1092
I'm against giving part of the block reward to any foundation, this is like premine. No matter how transparent it would be it would still look unfair to many people. The better way is donating.

Fair enough.  My suggestion would be for you to start an address now that we can send coin to.  It's much easier to talk people into donating when the coin is in its early stages like Spread is.

A good initial war chest would be $1,000,000.  Looking at a forward valuation of $10.00 per coin (I expect SPR to go well beyond that) that means 100,000 SPR.

If you setup an address, I will donate the first 1,000 SPR and once 75,000 SPR are donated, I will donate an additional 25,000 to bring it up to 100,000.

We keep talking about ideas, we back MrSpread and give him input/feedback, we shout and scream about Spreadnodes/instantx as they land and all will be well   Cheesy

touch wood.
Activity: 501
Merit: 503
Spreadx11? Any whitepaper?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

Fair enough.  My suggestion would be for you to start an address now that we can send coin to.  It's much easier to talk people into donating when the coin is in its early stages like Spread is.

A good initial war chest would be $1,000,000.  Looking at a forward valuation of $10.00 per coin (I expect SPR to go well beyond that) that means 100,000 SPR.

I have donated 100 SPR to Mr. Spreads address SjWJ7wfE9Ki4Z8BQxZa3xDb4DQEoX5iJ7M 20 days ago
tx: 9165a4c63b2eecd0ff0948b3d65dc3ec36a7d7232d3dc440f16f8979d6421043
And I will donate another 500 SPR if donations reach 20000 SPR
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

MyFarm doesn't mess about. Grin

I'll promise 500.
Ya I'm starting to notice that lol Man what I wouldn't give to be a whale even if just for a day or two lol
legendary
Activity: 966

Fair enough.  My suggestion would be for you to start an address now that we can send coin to.  It's much easier to talk people into donating when the coin is in its early stages like Spread is.

A good initial war chest would be $1,000,000.  Looking at a forward valuation of $10.00 per coin (I expect SPR to go well beyond that) that means 100,000 SPR.

MyFarm doesn't mess about. Grin

I'll promise 500.

Geez someone has got a stash of SpreadCoin going on Wink I can't wait to get some more BTC so I can purchase some more at these prices Smiley I'm definitely in this coin for the long haul without a doubt Smiley

A good initial war chest would be $1,000,000.  Looking at a forward valuation of $10.00 per coin (I hope for SPR to go well beyond that) that means 100,000 SPR.

legendary
Activity: 1050

Well said, Mr. Spread Smiley I'm fairly certain that once SpreadCoin goes mainstream, the donations will come flowing in, to make SpreadCoin even better. Look at Monero's development team, for example; they have received around 50 BTC in donations last year.

I've been silently following SpreadCoin since November last year, and must say that SpreadCoin is basically what Satoshi Nakomato wanted BitCoin to be- fully decentralised, without pools. If anything, this coin is going to be big Wink

Very well put Mr. Spread Smiley You definitely know what needs to be done with this coin and continually keep proving that you are in this for the long haul and I'm very glad to have stumbled upon this nice "SPREAD" Wink I can't wait to hear updates on the latest features that you will be launching for this fantastic coin Smiley Cheers
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

As you should be.

Foundation = centralization

Centralization:

The concentration of administrative power in a central government, authority, etc.

You've decentralized the mining aspect of the coin by negating the mining pools.  No need to change that mindset with other aspects of the coin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
At first I didn't like myfarms proposal of a masternode ranking algorithm that took into account ISP instead of just number of SPR.  But after reading this, i'm liking the idea more --

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/554005770493521920

Peter Todd: "With Bitstamp on Amazon AWS, there's a high probability that some Three Letter Agency has a copy of their databases; expect zero privacy."

Aren't most of DRK Masternodes on Amazon AWS?  

16% give or take.

The trouble with a ranking algo is that it will almost certainly be possible to game it, and it's going to be difficult to come up with a 'fair' set of conditions and weightings.

Far simpler and less overhead to just limit the number of Masternodes on any given IP subnet.

Code:
if (adding this MN exceeds the max allowed 5% on this subnet):
     display error: "There are too many Masternodes on , please choose another provider for the security of the network."
     exit
else:
     accept new Masternode

edit: it would be really nice to also have a Masternodes tab in the wallet, displaying MN count and distribution.  (hint hint gjhiggins - you seem pretty nifty with c++/QT.  Smiley )
That'd be really cool. I totally would like to see that implemented into the wallet.

Agreed.  I'd be willing to contribute to a bounty fund when the time comes.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
At first I didn't like myfarms proposal of a masternode ranking algorithm that took into account ISP instead of just number of SPR.  But after reading this, i'm liking the idea more --

Peter Todd: "With Bitstamp on Amazon AWS, there's a high probability that some Three Letter Agency has a copy of their databases; expect zero privacy."

16% give or take.

The trouble with a ranking algo is that it will almost certainly be possible to game it, and it's going to be difficult to come up with a 'fair' set of conditions and weightings.

Far simpler and less overhead to just limit the number of Masternodes on any given IP subnet.

Code:
     display error: "There are too many Masternodes on , please choose another provider for the security of the network."
     exit
else:
     accept new Masternode

edit: it would be really nice to also have a Masternodes tab in the wallet, displaying MN count and distribution.  (hint hint gjhiggins - you seem pretty nifty with c++/QT.  Smiley )
That'd be really cool. I totally would like to see that implemented into the wallet.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Investment means having a plan, and having the resources to carry it out.

Exactly.  Having the resources to carry it out is huge.  At some point larger, sophisticated investors are going to be looking at SPR.  They will want to see a gameplan and the means to implement that gameplan.  If the gameplan contains, "We'll develop X when an additional competent developer volunteers their time and market to Y when a good marketer volunteers their time" then that investor will likely head elsewhere.  But if that investor sees that Spreadcoin has planned ahead and that it has the means to bring such people to the team because it was smart enough to establish a fund, then they will dig deeper and kick the tires some more.

"Good technology/lead developer AND business sense?  Interesting, I need to learn more..."

Excellent insight! I'm not sure how one would best implement this plan of action that would be fair to all parties, but the idea is sound in my humble opinion.
legendary
Activity: 966

16% give or take.

Code:
     exit
else:
     accept new Masternode

Investment means having a plan, and having the resources to carry it out.

Exactly.  Having the resources to carry it out is huge.  At some point larger, sophisticated investors are going to be looking at SPR.  They will want to see a gameplan and the means to implement that gameplan.  If the gameplan contains, "We'll develop X when an additional competent developer volunteers their time and market to Y when a good marketer volunteers their time" then that investor will likely head elsewhere.  But if that investor sees that Spreadcoin has planned ahead and that it has the means to bring such people to the team because it was smart enough to establish a fund, then they will dig deeper and kick the tires some more.

"Good technology/lead developer AND business sense?  Interesting, I need to learn more..."

16% give or take.

Yep.  For those that want decentralization and more security, it makes a lot of sense in my mind.
Jump to: