Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 313. (Read 810083 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
I have a background in venture capital.  One of the most common mistakes startups make is trying to do too much too soon.  

But that's exactly my point.
Let darkcoin perfect it's anonymization process... they already have the best developer for this.
It will probably take darkcoin a few more years to develop a brilliantly working ecash solution. (those things need time, I hope you all are planning long term.)

But meanwhile... what does Mr.Spread do? Just wait?

Ofcourse not. He should concentrate on the things he's already proven to be exceptional in:

1) solo-mining / decentralization methods
2) best wallet I have seen to this day...

so why not just continue walking this path?

for example:

3) More wallet features (p2p messaging etc)
4) Even stronger solo-mining enforcing
5) keep offering people ONE WALLET AND NOTHING ELSE ----- > MOST SPREADABLE COIN EVER.
( I even hope that Mr.Spread figures out a way to make GPU mining impossible or rather irrelevant... I am dreaming ofcourse... or am I?)

Does spreadcoin even want to become an "anonymous coin"? For me this is not so important because d'uh I already have darkcoin being developed!
And pseudonimity would suffice for 90% of the stuff I'd want to do online.  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Forget masternodes... (doesn't requiremenet of 1000 DRK etc lead to just another form of centralization?)

What if EVERY SINGLE spreadcoin wallet would act as message node? For free?

IMHO, spreadcoin shouldn't even try to go for anonymous mixing methods and stuff... don't copy darkcoin.
Just do one thing only: spreading the sprevolution.
Let's concentrate on keeping the coin very solo-mineable and let's introduce an encrypted pseudoanonymous messaging service (pseudoanonymous as in: you don't know WHAT the message is, but you could probably find out to what address it was sent).

This is spreadcoin, it should not walk in the shadow of darkcoin.  Smiley

Critical app + sound business acumen + good marketing + gung ho community = billion dollar coin.  

Someone has to.  Why not Spreadcoin?  

I agree, masternode implementation is number one priority.

I hope MrSpread comes out with a write up on where SPR is going before he drops it.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Forget masternodes... (doesn't requiremenet of 1000 DRK etc lead to just another form of centralization?)

IMHO, spreadcoin shouldn't even try to go for anonymous mixing methods and stuff... don't copy darkcoin.
Let's concentrate on keeping the coin very solo-mineable and let's introduce an encrypted pseudoanonymous messaging service (pseudoanonymous as in: you don't know WHAT the message is, but you could probably find out to what address it was sent).

Masternodes don't create centralization, they provide additional functionality whether that be mixing or whatever Mr. Spread wants to implement.

I have a background in venture capital.  One of the most common mistakes startups make is trying to do too much too soon.  They spread themselves too thin and move away from what excited me about them in the first place.  Everyone wants to please their customers/investors/employees/grandma, so when they make suggestions, they often try to make those suggestions a reality.  The next thing you know, instead of having one thing they do extremely well, they have a bunch of things that suck.  It's my job after I invest to make sure this doesn't happen.

I'm not against the idea of an in-wallet messaging system.  It's an interesting idea, but I assure you, it's not going to make SPR a $xx,xxx,xxx++ coin.  Maybe it'll make it a mid to high $xxx,xxx coin, but that's about it.  When you have a developer like Mr. Spread, you want to go for the big hit.  That's why I always invest in devs first and foremost.  It's why I didn't sell a single Darkcoin until it hit 40 million market cap despite being an early adopter: I knew Evan Duffield was a fucking fantastic dev and just as important, he was sticking to his vision.

I suggested masternodes early in this thread for a variety of reasons and I'm excited that Mr. Spread is working to implement an improved version.  Once they're implemented, what direction he chooses to take will rest with him, but as a community, the suggestions we make should be to go for the big score.  Why not turn Spreadcoin into a billion dollar coin?  It has the lead dev necessary for it, so why not?  Sure, SPR can have in-wallet messaging, but in my opinion, those type of features should be developed by devs that join the team later on.  Have Mr. Spread work on the critical app side of Spreadcoin.  When I say critical app, I mean application of cryptocurrency that is going to make your grandma want to own and utilize Spreadcoin.  What is that?  I'm not sure.  But I do believe that Mr. Spread and this community have the potential to make it happen.

I've been working to find time to make a post about the business side of Spreadcoin that can help separate it from every other coin in the future.  I hope to do that later tonight or tomorrow.

Critical app + sound business acumen + good marketing + gung ho community = billion dollar coin.  

+1 and completely agree with you on this. Looking forward to seeing your post on the business side of SPR
Activity: 525
Merit: 531
Here are the top miners (at least 100 mined blocks) Grin

AddressValue OutBlocks
SNYqcyEtXr5UWpxMds8mQ9x8jo8fWFJVKz25132.250024913789
SZaEGTuuxCKNz1Dde9ervUqh89ekuUf8Fc8886.613916661391
SQeJJfYkaUTwP1yiGwM342gM37GMQB9F8C7839.161556631228
SkJs7RGxuDhehDwjWyyZGg3bBMsDbS1h817501.693993141175
SRuCLqXEKJVr9TWXWkdUxDJNkuwGT7tCYo6392.369243441001
Sf4iFeN3tP281DxpA9wjUjdwrfskE5aozc5546.72598491870
SS27ugqjpn9B6T4F17ZKYgAM2EELN7pHvH5493.97567832866
Sc8KwkyfNev6JgXQN5vxP8P9f9Kz6rVdec5066.6133866799
SaK77W2jomJhWeu8ZqoUaNY1L1YBGF12xj3879.95081352607
SfRf62XcdDVsbJK6RdAZURKzaq2p9bGgGq2861.98886501443
SQhEhyk4ycbFrjuG6Zkpnr6ET2JSJRPDco2680.41563998414
SXWorE1atGxLQ7iFQeMBhR48Y5Aj16LvDn2606.15745329403
SNeuhKzCr1wqf2fpciviAUVnZqVWjgo4ZS2343.02064501363
SfVk4jofxfzd9Fy5LXfzvi3PRrEN3wJTZR2162.44268333335
SbU78ZkzU94Q4CuWSZZ5BhsH5NoTCMfkoX2125.93139161330
ScY4UZgzbk4EciXdaNyBLWyLzks6DQi1R32009.42863502310
SNFrUzzAuW9G9vcznUDV2CdnUbUDUGyhij1702.8232417267
SbA1zLouyE2D1BkF6TXUbRU77mJY4FyfUx1494.05592504233
SYiJC6BpNdUSrtWBqbCbpktNVsit6kNkLp1366.57890335212
SVDi85iCqoSiXBNMv289C1519WPJ1pBdJD1289.83684171203
SeF8S4kFHMEY91Sfy3ACaMTDFTESFZaXuc1158.19144499179
Sgx8CgiqPnHPhYe6mB2VsDE919aDEqV7wN1155.17710829179
SYbbngdnUuK5Vg8p3LmqAG7LsaCPMDqxg91107.70596661172
STrbziWSQTeaRuqaeb2fhFRBtqSfJVVcok1070.15835667165
SV4phTYGgq8uYBuyCDQxkWXgP8A95TUph2924.77409507145
SekFom4Zskbe4dSc47CzXYCaionEtstDnj894.17436672139
SVLJVPAXo4Qu6eamnXeoCx4xvSN6vXLssD820.43232334128
SPbiVupNphvnNk52297mDhSt1WLaPVMw1s737.10111833114
ScfqV4U7wZB54rupExckJzNyUHUpviYbCj715.77151998111
SV87XKmHz8egHuQGL8g9wbWxREcTyWYhvV715.133695113
SjUCg4jUB2XMDSaR3BuxCTSVbQEufkjR7c710.82767332112
SS9SiL7bucG6dxFCRez8SuF57ctFMgBKJm707.91073502111
SQ5xucn5xiSfdA8WG69wqBzLEgj284Kjoa695.15872002108
legendary
Activity: 1092
That's a bit silly since you'd be downloading lots of mb's of messages but not storing them.

But that's the point.
The blockchain needs storing.
The messages don't!
(the "message blocks" (containing the messages each pointing to the transactions contained in the blockchain blocks of every minute) could be stored in the data folder temporarily, and deleted after a while)

Humm, i dunno.

Couldn't masternodes or instantx provide this service?

I know the anonymization is done prier to you sending the coins, but couldn't you have a set file on your end that has your home address say, and when you anonymize coins you can select coins to have that file attached?

This would allow you to mix coins with your home address ready, you can then select those coins with the address attached for when you want to buy something.

Would this compromise anon tho...
Activity: 854

Masternodes don't create centralization, they provide additional functionality whether that be mixing or whatever Mr. Spread wants to implement.

I have a background in venture capital.  One of the most common mistakes startups make is trying to do too much too soon.  They spread themselves too thin and move away from what excited me about them in the first place.  Everyone wants to please their customers/investors/employees/grandma, so when they make suggestions, they often try to make those suggestions a reality.  The next thing you know, instead of having one thing they do extremely well, they have a bunch of things that suck.  It's my job after I invest to make sure this doesn't happen.

I'm not against the idea of an in-wallet messaging system.  It's an interesting idea, but I assure you, it's not going to make SPR a $xx,xxx,xxx++ coin.  Maybe it'll make it a mid to high $xxx,xxx coin, but that's about it.  When you have a developer like Mr. Spread, you want to go for the big hit.  That's why I always invest in devs first and foremost.  It's why I didn't sell a single Darkcoin until it hit 40 million market cap despite being an early adopter: I knew Evan Duffield was a fucking fantastic dev and just as important, he was sticking to his vision.

I suggested masternodes early in this thread for a variety of reasons and I'm excited that Mr. Spread is working to implement an improved version.  Once they're implemented, what direction he chooses to take will rest with him, but as a community, the suggestions we make should be to go for the big score.  Why not turn Spreadcoin into a billion dollar coin?  It has the lead dev necessary for it, so why not?  Sure, SPR can have in-wallet messaging, but in my opinion, those type of features should be developed by devs that join the team later on.  Have Mr. Spread work on the critical app side of Spreadcoin.  When I say critical app, I mean application of cryptocurrency that is going to make your grandma want to own and utilize Spreadcoin.  What is that?  I'm not sure.  But I do believe that Mr. Spread and this community have the potential to make it happen.

I've been working to find time to make a post about the business side of Spreadcoin that can help separate it from every other coin in the future.  I hope to do that later tonight or tomorrow.

legendary
spreadcoin.info
That's a bit silly since you'd be downloading lots of mb's of messages but not storing them.

But that's the point.
The blockchain needs storing.
The messages don't!
(the "message blocks" (containing the messages each pointing to the transactions contained in the blockchain blocks of every minute) could be stored in the data folder temporarily, and deleted after a while, say after 24-48 hours)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
We have message nodes that are free to run. When your wallet recieves a transaction it checks with the message nodes for messages sent at that same time and it downloads your message and decrypts it. To make sure the messaging nodes don't know the ip of the addresses we could make each wallet randomly check the message nodes even when they don't receive a transaction. Then the nodes won't know which address corresponds with each ip.

We can also have a limit to how long messages are stored. Maybe after a fortnight of storage on the message nodes the message is deleted.

What if a wallet / message node constantly receives and sends thru completely random messages that are sent around the world at every moment?
Like a stream of data, that SPREADS (again this word) thru all the wallets ...

... and only the wallet that realizes that the message is designated for it will open it and be able to make it readable.
It will probably even keep sending the message to other nodes for a while, so as not to reveal that it was the "endpoint" for this message.

this way we wouldnt need ANY ip obfuscation...
Think of it like a constant stream of data (a stream of bottle messages), and nobody sees that you briefly took a bootle out of the stream, read its content and put it back into the stream...

legendary
spreadcoin.info
We have message nodes that are free to run. When your wallet recieves a transaction it checks with the message nodes for messages sent at that same time and it downloads your message and decrypts it. To make sure the messaging nodes don't know the ip of the addresses we could make each wallet randomly check the message nodes even when they don't receive a transaction. Then the nodes won't know which address corresponds with each ip.

We can also have a limit to how long messages are stored. Maybe after a fortnight of storage on the message nodes the message is deleted.

What if a wallet / message node constantly receives and sends thru completely random messages that are sent around the world at every moment?
Like a stream of data, that SPREADS (again this word) thru all the wallets ...

... and only the wallet that realizes that the message is designated for it will open it and be able to make it readable.
It will probably even keep sending the message to other nodes for a while, so as not to reveal that it was the "endpoint" for this message.

this way we wouldnt need ANY ip obfuscation...
Think of it like a constant stream of data (a stream of bottle messages), and nobody sees that you briefly took a bootle out of the stream, read its content and put it back into the stream with all the other bottles...

legendary
Crypto since 2014
Wouldn't this bloat the blockchain? Unless the chat is not recorded into the blockchain I don't think this would be very good.

This would need to happen outside of the blockchain.

Messages are not something that has to be kept for eternity on a distributed ledger, in the contrary. It is something to throw away as soon as possible.

It must only be assured that a message is encrypted and reaches its destination.
After that, they are kept within the wallet.dat or so (if wanted). NOT the blockchain.

The blockchain would only be used by the messaging system as some kind of control:
To reassure that only the owner of an address can also read the message that has been sent (thru p2p NOT thru the blockchain) to this address.

So probably Spreadcoin should NOT try to mimic darkcoin and its masternodes 1 by 1.
Instead it should strive to implement some kind of CHEAP and easily available MESSAGE NODES.

I see a recurring meme with spreadcoin: It must be INCLUSIVE to spread easily. But special expensive masternodes are very EXCLUSIVE (meaning only people with money or early adopters get to have them).

There is nothing more INCLUSIVE than the spreadcoin wallet itself. Just download a wallet and you are good to go.

Just download a wallet and you can mine, message, etc.. at this point SPREADCOIN would really deserve its name. And truly hold up to its name.

Therefor I hope that spreadcoin and darkcoin (while obviously very friendly towards each other) do NOT walk a similar walk, but both of them try different things.
That's also the best way to reassure that darkcoin investors will want to ADDITIONALY invest in spreadcoin... not because it is BETTER than darkcoin, or about to replace it or whatever, but because they are perfectly complementing each other.

Just do one thing only: spreading.
Let's concentrate on keeping the coin very solo-mineable and let's introduce an encrypted pseudoanonymous messaging service (you don't want WHAT the message is, but you could find out to what address it was sent).

It should walk by itself.
I've got a good idea:

legendary
spreadcoin.info
Wouldn't this bloat the blockchain? Unless the chat is not recorded into the blockchain I don't think this would be very good.

This would need to happen outside of the blockchain.

Messages are not something that has to be kept for eternity on a distributed ledger, in the contrary. It is something to throw away as soon as possible.

It must only be assured that a message is encrypted and reaches its destination.
After that, they are kept within the wallet.dat or so (if wanted). NOT the blockchain.

The blockchain would only be used by the messaging system as some kind of control mechanism:
To reassure that only the owner of an address can also read the message that has been sent (thru p2p NOT "thru the blockchain") to his address.

So probably Spreadcoin should NOT try to mimic darkcoin and its masternodes 1 on 1.
Instead it should strive to implement some kind of CHEAP and easily available MESSAGE NODES.

I see a recurring meme with spreadcoin: It must be INCLUSIVE to spread easily. But special expensive masternodes are very EXCLUSIVE (meaning only people with money or early adopters get to have them).

There is nothing more INCLUSIVE than the spreadcoin wallet itself. Just download a wallet and you are good to go.

Just download a wallet and you can mine, message, etc.. at this point SPREADCOIN would really deserve its name. And truly hold up to its name.

We don't need pools, we don't need servers, we just need wallets and the network they create. Period.
And the underlying blockchain that keeps all that together.

Therefor I hope that spreadcoin and darkcoin (while obviously very friendly towards each other) do NOT walk a similar walk, but both of them try different things.
That's also the best way to reassure that darkcoin investors will want to ADDITIONALY invest in spreadcoin... not because it is BETTER than darkcoin, or about to replace it or whatever, but because they are perfectly complementing each other.

Think about "E-Mail with money in it". Can you imagine.

It should walk by itself.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
wish to see Mr.Spread to add more fancy features into this great coin~~  Smiley
Mentioned to M Spread earlier, since no pools and stats, maybe we can add some other kind of graph or informations to Qt to monitor mining.
What kind of stats would you like to see? Local hashrate will be mostly constant I think.
I strongly recommend Dev to add P2P chat funtion like talkcoin (which is dying for its dev is a scamer).https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anntac-talkcoin-619210
Since SPR has no pool,mining means the wallet is online ,which is the same with talkcoin.
Dev,plz consider my advice.
BTW: I appreciate your efforts made in the past months,thanks.

Very nice. P2P chat. And instead of having usernames you just "talk" to SPR addresses.

So when someone sends me money, I can personally talk back to him (even without really knowing who he is) and thank him etc...
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Darkcoin Ya Bish! (Or Dash if you like)
Mentioned to M Spread earlier, since no pools and stats, maybe we can add some other kind of graph or informations to Qt to monitor mining.
What kind of stats would you like to see? Local hashrate will be mostly constant I think.
I strongly recommend Dev to add P2P chat funtion like talkcoin (which is dying for its dev is a scamer).https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anntac-talkcoin-619210
Since SPR has no pool,mining means the wallet is online ,which is the same with talkcoin.

Very nice. P2P chat. And instead of having usernames you just "talk" to SPR addresses.

So when someone sends me money, I can personally talk back to him (even without really knowing who he is) and thank him etc...

legendary
spreadcoin.info

legendary
spreadcoin.info
I'm pretty sure that Mr. Spread is pretty open to the communities input on what they would like to see in the coin which is what makes him such an amazing and terrific dev Smiley He listens to what the people supporting his coin want to see and he looks into helping out in anyway that he possibly can which is awesome of a dev to do for a coin that they have dedicated so much time to creating Smiley
I guess Mr.spread is buy with MN right now.
When MS finished,I am very much looking forward to the p2p messaging feature ~ Smiley

I am still reading up on the whole thread, now on page 47, lol.

I want to know everything that happened before.
Activity: 63
Sum (BTC)    Total (BTC)    Size (SPR)      Bid (BTC)
2.9873            2.9822           8644.18106633   0.00034500
I'll buy some cheap BTC from okcoin ,then to buy some cheap SPR from bittrex.  Wink Wink
Activity: 63

One feature I would love to see (next to the internal blockexplorer) would be a messaging system.

If it were somehow possible to send messages to the recipient of my payment, that would be so awesome.

It would also go with the general slogan that could fit this coin: spread the message!

Ofcourse I am talking about messages that ONLY the recipient can read, and not everybody. They must not be publicly visible.

What I am thinking about is for example having someone pay for a software product with spreadcoin and sending him the serial number back, or something like that.
There are a lot of services which would be enabled by allowing the sending/recieving of messages.

So, whenever I send an SPR transaction, the system would also allow me to attach a message, but ONLY then. You can't send messages without sending SPR.

What are your thoughts, Mr. Spread?
This is really a brilliant and practical feature,hope Mr.spread could consider it.
I'm pretty sure that Mr. Spread is pretty open to the communities input on what they would like to see in the coin which is what makes him such an amazing and terrific dev Smiley He listens to what the people supporting his coin want to see and he looks into helping out in anyway that he possibly can which is awesome of a dev to do for a coin that they have dedicated so much time to creating Smiley
I guess Mr.spread is buy with MN right now.
When MS finished,I am very much looking forward to the p2p messaging feature ~ Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Goddamn it, someone just beat me to it at ccex too:

No FREAKING WAY!!! There is a something brewing people and it's going to be big I'm thinking Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966
Goddamn it, someone just beat me to it at ccex too:
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

One feature I would love to see (next to the internal blockexplorer) would be a messaging system.

If it were somehow possible to send messages to the recipient of my payment, that would be so awesome.

It would also go with the general slogan that could fit this coin: spread the message!

Ofcourse I am talking about messages that ONLY the recipient can read, and not everybody. They must not be publicly visible.

What I am thinking about is for example having someone pay for a software product with spreadcoin and sending him the serial number back, or something like that.
There are a lot of services which would be enabled by allowing the sending/recieving of messages.

So, whenever I send an SPR transaction, the system would also allow me to attach a message, but ONLY then. You can't send messages without sending SPR.

What are your thoughts, Mr. Spread?
This is really a brilliant and practical feature,hope Mr.spread could consider it.
Jump to: