Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 311. (Read 810083 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Thumbs up to spread, i've been looking on for awhile now since network was 300mh/s

never got to really mining it but i've been around the irc channels #spreadcoin and wow its so quiet there until 1-2 weeks ago. now theres a bot there and everything seems like a more proper coin now.

I'm just voicing out my thoughts, like everyone said we need to make it hassle free and try bundling everything with the miner...

but with driver issues and etc. i believe it will be quite a long time before that can be done.

So first we need to solve 1 problem.

I'm trying to make my gpu mine casually on my PC, but i can and the best thing that solved that for me is the -i function to make the gpu run at certain % and from that certain db(noise) value and while allowing me to still watch youtube and movies on my PC (of course for serious gaming i would need to switch it off) from "https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases".

I use that version of ccminer to mine darkcoin at 50% and keep the temps less than 70 in my iTX casing (just for fun).

Since most gamers use nvidia (its a fact) try making the spread cudaminer work like this.

Assuming the mindset of people buying lottery tickets, what are the chances ? well if you don't buy it, it will be 0.000000000~~~~~0   but when you buy 1 it becomes 0.00~1 , same should apply to spreadcoin, serious people can buy as much as they want, but for the casual guys well just make it simple.

i can't watch youtube when i have the spreadcoin gpu miner on, nevermind the howling noise it causes the gpu to makes in my room when i go to bed.

and yea i think this is my first post ever in bitcointalks. (i've been reading it since jan 2014)

Go spread !

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Mr. Spread, what are you working on right now?
 It seems there are many here who wish you were working on this feature or that feature, but what exactly are you doing?
Activity: 525
Merit: 531
Here are the top miners (at least 100 mined blocks) Grin

I have never figured this out but how do we get our main address to look up things like this?
I used some tools: one was parsed the blockchains and "convert" it to a db. Second was search for coinbase tx, and gets the pubkeys and amounts. Third was convert pubkeys to address, and sums the amount, and display this table.

~~snip table

Interesting...my mining activity won't show up in your list because every block reward I have ever found, generates a new address. I think Mr. Spread mentioned every block generates a new address. This list shows rewards going to single addresses. Wonder what they are doing different?
miningprivkey=  maybe?
Yes, if someone used ths parameter, he is always mine to the same address. if the wallet gen new address for every block, the blockchain didnt know if this is same wallet.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
My plan of sneaky buying up Spread coins for cheap and climbing up to the top 10 in richlist is failing. Stop pushing the price up Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Ahh.. the good ole "diff 17" days.. Tongue

@ Mr.Spread
How do you plan to handle the intensity and other single/multi gpu configs and settings ?

I have some tips if you're willing to include a Win7 mining tweaks/ guide. eg. How to's on, disabling media player/ internet browser hardware acceleration, driver updates, ect.

The best way to achive a high level of decentralization would be to win over the single gpu/cpu users/newbies by making their involvement as seamless and as hassle free as possible. If successful, the swarm will leave the privkey whales with little to no WUs to feed on.

Poor whale...  Wink

Hm, so the ultimate goal would be to have GPU mining directly from within the wallet, right?
No external tools and conf file tweaking...
Maybe have the wallet automatically detect if GPU is compatible and let the user simply click a button.

Use CPU (x) --- Threads 1/2/3/4

Use GPU (x) --- Threads x/y/z etc

START MINING

That would rid the need for comprehensive mining guides.

The wallet automatically recognizes your cpu, why not gpu?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Ahh.. the good ole "diff 17" days.. Tongue

@ Mr.Spread
How do you plan to handle the intensity and other single/multi gpu configs and settings ?

I have some tips if you're willing to include a Win7 mining tweaks/ guide. eg. How to's on, disabling media player/ internet browser hardware acceleration, driver updates, ect.

The best way to achive a high level of decentralization would be to win over the single gpu/cpu users/newbies by making their involvement as seamless and as hassle free as possible. If successful, the swarm will leave the privkey whales with little to no WUs to feed on.

Poor whale...  Wink

Hm, so the ultimate goal would be to have GPU mining directly from within the wallet, right?
No external tools and conf file tweaking...
Maybe have the wallet automatically detect if GPU is compatible and let the user simply click a button.

Use CPU (x) --- Threads 1/2/3/4

Use GPU (x) --- Threads x/y/z etc

START MINING
legendary
Activity: 1400
legendary
But SPR needs masternodes to be able to even contemplate anon transactions.

Maybe not.

Spreadcoin already got rid of pools, and put a blockexplorer in its wallet.
So, the question is... what will its next "victim" be?

Grin

I look at Spreadcoin and see a lone samurai.
He want's everything to be simple, he is not depending on other people, there are no middlemen he works with.
He always negotiates with bosses, not with their underlings.
He trusts no one, not even his parents (bitcoin and darkcoin)
He will always immediately cut overcomplicating things out of his life, because he strives for simplicity and function.
He will not tolerate ANY CODEPENDENCY.

Very well said!
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Maybe not.

Spreadcoin already got rid of pools, and put the blockexplorer in its wallet.
So, the question is... what will its next "victim" be?

Grin

I look at Spreadcoin and see a lone samurai.
He want's everything to be simple, he is not depending on other people, there are no middlemen he works with.
He always negotiates with bosses, not with their underlings.
He trusts no one, not even his parents (bitcoin and darkcoin)
He will always immediately cut overcomplicating things out of his life, because he strives for simplicity and function.
He will not tolerate ANY CODEPENDENCY.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
@georgem:

Masternodes are what give Darkcoin it's utility, and therefore value. I'm all for keeping things simple, but you need a certain amount of infrastructure to get anything useful done.  

About messaging in wallet - Masternodes would make this pretty simple, but it's pretty simple anyway. I wrote a little encrypted p2p chat bolt-on for my Darkcoin Simple Wallet that used one of my Masternodes as a key store (address book basically) - it was pretty straightforward. I never took it too far though because extremely simple was all it had to be, send a short txt message to a given address. I didn't and don't want a full blown IRC/jabber/skype/etc. client bloating up my wallet and bringing untold vulnerabilities to my ecash.

There are dozens of coins with in-wallet messaging and a hundred ways of doing it, Mr Spread could probably have it integrated in a day or two... but I hope he will keep Masternodes the priority. They really are an excellent technical and economic innovation, the n-of-m structure avoids centralisation of any service provision and makes them extremely attack resilient.

Anyway, very glad to have you here chucking ideas about!  Smiley

edit: How about we drop the 'coin' bit, just Spread?

I hope Mr.Spread tries to redesign Masternodes from the ground up, and create his own truly decentralized versions of them.
I am not against additional infrastructure per se, and having thousands of servers serving millions of wallets is a beautiful choreography.
But can it be done more decentralized?
Spreadcoin needs to explore this.

legendary
@georgem:

Masternodes are what give Darkcoin it's utility, and therefore value. I'm all for keeping things simple, but you need a certain amount of infrastructure to get anything useful done.  

About messaging in wallet - Masternodes would make this pretty simple, but it's pretty simple anyway. I wrote a little encrypted p2p chat bolt-on for my Darkcoin Simple Wallet that used one of my Masternodes as a key store (address book basically) - it was pretty straightforward. I never took it too far though because extremely simple was all it had to be, send a short txt message to a given address. I didn't and don't want a full blown IRC/jabber/skype/etc. client bloating up my wallet and bringing untold vulnerabilities to my ecash.

There are dozens of coins with in-wallet messaging and a hundred ways of doing it, Mr Spread could probably have it integrated in a day or two... but I hope he will keep Masternodes the priority. They really are an excellent technical and economic innovation, the n-of-m structure avoids centralisation of any service provision and makes them extremely attack resilient.

Yes, i remember some scam P&D coin with a message system that could facilitate jpgs lol.

Not interested, i just want a simple few lines (enough for my address) that i can add to a transaction, that's it.

So masternodes 1st Mr, please  Grin.
legendary
Activity: 966
@georgem:

legendary
Activity: 966
Found 2 more blocks today, so I've got 4 in 72 hours of mining. 1 per 18 hours. 950 kh/s avg hash speed here.

Trying hard to find a rig-renting website which does solo mining but it doesn't seem to exist so perhaps I should just buy more SPR instead.
JL

I think the fact that you basically have to trust the rig owner with your privkey and your coins makes renting mega-rigs a non starter, even if you can find someone right now prepared to set up the spreadX11 algo for you.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
What about a reward program for Mr. Spread? Surely we can't expect him to endlessly do all these wonderful things for free!
A fraction of payout to him when MN is implemented?

Mr. Spread is against any form of centralization... so having a fraction of payout going to him thru Masternodes goes against decentralization.
So I can safely say that Mr. Spread would never agree to any "built in reward program".
Yeah and doing such a thing would be a big F*CK YOU to investors.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
What about a reward program for Mr. Spread? Surely we can't expect him to endlessly do all these wonderful things for free!

Mr. Spread is against any form of centralization... so having a fraction of payout going to him thru Masternodes goes against decentralization.
So I can safely say that Mr. Spread would never agree to any "built in reward program".
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I think it should be based on the majority of the hashrate. If the majority of the hashrate agrees on masternode payments then others should be forced to accept it even if they don't agree with it and do not create forks. The only way to cheat would be 51% attack but with 51% you can do much worse things anyway.

I'm against introducing any centralization to SpreadCoin. "Hey, this is a decentralized currency but I have a magic switch with which I can turn on and off some major feature". This can be employed to avoid possible issues when introducing new features but not as a long term solution for any problem.

You are a principled guy, I like that.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
He already has a load of coins and he'll probably have his own masternode. He even said when he accidentially lost his 80k coins that he felt there was no point coding the coin because he'll gain nothing.

I seriously can't believe what you are saying. You need to get some help because if this gets implemented then we're centralising this coin even more. I mean why would you say this? I just....
Activity: 111
Merit: 10

~~snip table

Interesting...my mining activity won't show up in your list because every block reward I have ever found, generates a new address. I think Mr. Spread mentioned every block generates a new address. This list shows rewards going to single addresses. Wonder what they are doing different?
miningprivkey=  maybe?

duh..guess I should have read the manual Cheesy
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Woohoo! i found a block with my i7-4770k mining @ 123kh/s for 12hours!

I came here accidentally and could not be happier about it.

This seems really great community and coin!

Good job!
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
Jump to: