Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 308. (Read 810083 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Are there any "calculation" how many coins/per day/per MH ?
I wonder if its too late to start solo mining - how many cards is the minimum in order to hit a block in your opinion?

its still a good time to join. a few days ago a guy cpumining with 22kh/s found a block Cheesy

but it all depends on luck, if you mine for a long time you can use this formula:

(your hashrate/net hashrate)*1440 to find one block.

one of my rigs with 4mhash have found 5 blocks in a day now so I seem to have been lucky
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Hello fellow Spreaders,

improved mining code is a big issue because it CENTRALIZES mining. (very anti-spreadlike wouldn't you say?)

-snip-

So lets set some bounties for optimized mining code and be once and for all done with this plague.

Improved mining code is bad, so we should improve it? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1151
Are there any "calculation" how many coins/per day/per MH ?
I wonder if its too late to start solo mining - how many cards is the minimum in order to hit a block in your opinion?
Activity: 506
Merit: 252
Hello fellow Spreaders,

improved mining code is a big issue because it CENTRALIZES mining. (very anti-spreadlike wouldn't you say?)

For any coin to be succesfully distributed(spread) you need to make sure to level the playing field for mining.

The only way to do so is to release the fastest possible code for the currently available tech.

Yes it's true that it could mean maybe higher power consumption for us and yes OF COURSE difficulty would adjust netting us the same or even slightly lower income BUT thats not the point AT ALL, the point is to LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD and to make sure NOT A SINGLE MINER is a few orders of magnitude more profitable than the community.

So our SMARTEST move must be to make sure the fastest miners are SPREAD to all !!!

I never understood why eg. premines aren't used for bounties to develop and spread EQUAL miners.

PRIVATE MINERS ARE A PLAGUE and if you don't understand that you are no Spreader.

So lets set some bounties for optimized mining code and be once and for all done with this plague.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I never said that and there is no way of knowing that

Exactly.

Anyways - testnet nodes? I can't sync.
are you going to develop a faster GPU miner ?  Huh

I plan on looking into it.
waiting for your masterpiece  Wink

Don't hold your breath, he's probably just going to try and sell it to the highest bidder.  Cheesy

Which is fair enough, it's his work, but it isn't going to help the wider community until the wider community has it, to level the playing field again. Until then it's just going to make Spreaders poorer.
Activity: 61

Exactly.

are you going to develop a faster GPU miner ?  Huh

I plan on looking into it.
waiting for your masterpiece  Wink
Activity: 61

Exactly.

are you going to develop a faster GPU miner ?  Huh

Just doing a quick guestimate here so don't hold me to this as 100% accurate.

But why would some one do that when they will make about 3 times that? That figure was just with your 200 Mh/s in the thread.

You make a good point. Anyways, the AMD miner could use some work, it looks like.
Is it possible that some one is mining with improved GPU miner? say 2X or 3X speed as the miner on the op
Dunno yet. Haven't messed with it. Seems to have room for improvement, though, so I have very little doubt someone is mining with a faster miner.

Well your miner will only cause the same thing as your miners caused to other coins. Diff will jump to match the hash increase and we are back to square one, same coins for miners but hotter gpus and higher electricity bills. In this case also casual miners might start dropping out due to noise/heat concerns while big farms enjoy less competition.

No offence, I like your work but I don't think there is need for faster miner before asics show up

The effect you describe only occurs with the miners I have released; I've developed more than those.
My electricity power is free of charge,so hotter and nosier,I dont care.
More hashpower ,more secure network.

Yes I only wanted to point out what is to be expected now when we get faster miners, but I don't really see how it would make the network more secure since that big guy with the huge farm, well he will also switch to the faster miner then, and we are back to square one Wink

Unless he happen to have a Nvidia based farm
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

But why would some one do that when they will make about 3 times that? That figure was just with your 200 Mh/s in the thread.

You make a good point. Anyways, the AMD miner could use some work, it looks like.
Is it possible that some one is mining with improved GPU miner? say 2X or 3X speed as the miner on the op
Dunno yet. Haven't messed with it. Seems to have room for improvement, though, so I have very little doubt someone is mining with a faster miner.

Well your miner will only cause the same thing as your miners caused to other coins. Diff will jump to match the hash increase and we are back to square one, same coins for miners but hotter gpus and higher electricity bills. In this case also casual miners might start dropping out due to noise/heat concerns while big farms enjoy less competition.

No offence, I like your work but I don't think there is need for faster miner before asics show up

The effect you describe only occurs with the miners I have released; I've developed more than those.
My electricity power is free of charge,so hotter and nosier,I dont care.
More hashpower ,more secure network.

Wolf0 ,if you can develop a notablely faster miner,I will use it even I need to pay you some % fee.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

Activity: 194
Merit: 100
That's an odd error.... Seems like it could be related to your catalyst install. Two of the scripts check system version using the following command:

$(lsb_release -sc)

It's used to set an additional repository and to build the deb install package for catalyst 14.9. Can you run that command and tell me what it returns?

It returns:
Code:
qiana

... which means nothing to me...  Huh Undecided

Some of the adjustments I made to streamline the installation are specific to Ubuntu / Xubuntu (mentioned this in the readme but maybe wasn't clear). I've created a "sgminer2_generic.IN" option that defers creation of the .deb package to the Catalyst installer. It's clunkier but might fix the problem you encountered. Feel free to give that a shot and let me know if you have better results
legendary
Activity: 1526
Crypto since 2014

OOPS, never mind, I found the svg.
You can relax Spreaders, everything is fine.
Wait, you just made that whole thing for nothing?? lol Smiley I might donate some spreadcoins.
Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Nice one!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Is it possible to institute an automatic IP-blocking mechanism lasting for 100 blocks on the IP's of single miner IP's who have solved at least 15 of the last 30 blocks?

Seems to me like something like this would keep the mega-miners from taking over completely as well as helping to decentralize the coin more so.
JL
To block them from mining more or so they can be tracked?

Short term block of that miner. Sort of throttle them back. I'm by no means technologically advanced so maybe not use their IP but rather their mining address?
Jump to: