Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 45. (Read 202439 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 2
official pool  don't work ?

Yeap, there is a server problem that's caused by the provider. Please temporarily migrate to another pool

Thought I was the only one having an issue with it. Any pool recommendations?
sumokoin.hashvault.pro not bad pool, pay regularly
Activity: 57
Merit: 1

Yeap, there is a server problem that's caused by the provider. Please temporarily migrate to another pool

Thought I was the only one having an issue with it. Any pool recommendations?
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
Maybe it was already addressed in this topic, but can it be that sometimes transactions are missing in the GUI Wallet?

Never had this issue before. Using latest GUI Wallet? Maybe can try Re-scan entire blockchain again.
Activity: 93
Merit: 0
Maybe it was already addressed in this topic, but can it be that sometimes transactions are missing in the GUI Wallet?
I have used the GUI Wallet and I haven't had any problem. Maybe your wallet isn't fully synchronized.
Could you be more specific with the problem, please?
Activity: 336
Merit: 111
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
Well... I know this topic has been raised many many times so far and I'm quite aware of almost all reasoning given so far about it.
Yes, its again about the Exchanges. But I'm afraid, this time it's a bit more important to pay attention than before...

We are mining sumo with a bit less than 100kH/s since the autumn of the last year. We are mining other cryptos as well, so our mining is quite diversified if I can put it this way.. Smiley Still, a major part of our hash power is dedicated to sumo and this means that being not able to sell (some) sumo temporarily for (some) period of time is not a big issue for us in general. Also I need to emphasize that we do believe in SUMO and we really think the coin has a big potential, the community is quite healthy and the future is quite bright.

BUT

We need more exchanges as it is very hard to operate with only one sh**ty exchange like cryptopia (ignoring the others as the volumes are very low there). Recently it became almost impossible to work with them as there are constant issues - deposits are extremely slow (taking days), the limit orders got cancelled for no reason etc. It simply doesn't work and selling (hence mining from our perspective) sumo becomes a pain in the ass. The reputation of the coin suffers, the miners are not happy, traders cannot speculate and investors are simply "no-thanks" recently.

I know very well what is needed to have a coin listed on a reputable exchange. I heard all arguments that probably its not the right time yet, probably we need to wait till the summer etc. But now I think this issue becomes critical and some urgent measures should be taken! ASAP.

Thanks.

https://twitter.com/sumokoin?lang=de --> next.Exchange in few weeks. i think this will give a good boost to sumo price Wink

Bigger and better exchanges which can handle volume and demand are really what is needed to succeed. Exchanges like Binance, Bittrex etc would take this coin to next level.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
Well... I know this topic has been raised many many times so far and I'm quite aware of almost all reasoning given so far about it.
Yes, its again about the Exchanges. But I'm afraid, this time it's a bit more important to pay attention than before...

We are mining sumo with a bit less than 100kH/s since the autumn of the last year. We are mining other cryptos as well, so our mining is quite diversified if I can put it this way.. Smiley Still, a major part of our hash power is dedicated to sumo and this means that being not able to sell (some) sumo temporarily for (some) period of time is not a big issue for us in general. Also I need to emphasize that we do believe in SUMO and we really think the coin has a big potential, the community is quite healthy and the future is quite bright.

BUT

We need more exchanges as it is very hard to operate with only one sh**ty exchange like cryptopia (ignoring the others as the volumes are very low there). Recently it became almost impossible to work with them as there are constant issues - deposits are extremely slow (taking days), the limit orders got cancelled for no reason etc. It simply doesn't work and selling (hence mining from our perspective) sumo becomes a pain in the ass. The reputation of the coin suffers, the miners are not happy, traders cannot speculate and investors are simply "no-thanks" recently.

I know very well what is needed to have a coin listed on a reputable exchange. I heard all arguments that probably its not the right time yet, probably we need to wait till the summer etc. But now I think this issue becomes critical and some urgent measures should be taken! ASAP.

Thanks.

https://twitter.com/sumokoin?lang=de --> next.Exchange in few weeks. i think this will give a good boost to sumo price Wink
Activity: 463
Merit: 253

IVS
Activity: 4
Activity: 8

BUT

Thanks.
Well actually imho increasing the number of fake inputs to an extreme height can give almost absolute protection even if someone hands out his key but then there is the chain size/fees issue... However the higher the ringsize the less the identity of "reals" are compromised so it is provably obvious that 13 is exponentially better than 5 on such a case. Anyway, people were doing the MoneroV thing when using MyMonero all along didnt they?
Hi dev,

I see you wear SUMOKOIN signature, so I am curious about its signature campaign. Has it still open (available) for new-comers, like me, to join? Please give me link for more investigation. Thanks.
Hi there Smiley I m not a dev and there is no bounty for the signature
Activity: 168
Well actually imho increasing the number of fake inputs to an extreme height can give almost absolute protection even if someone hands out his key but then there is the chain size/fees issue... However the higher the ringsize the less the identity of "reals" are compromised so it is provably obvious that 13 is exponentially better than 5 on such a case. Anyway, people were doing the MoneroV thing when using MyMonero all along didnt they?
Hi dev,

I see you wear SUMOKOIN signature, so I am curious about its signature campaign. Has it still open (available) for new-comers, like me, to join? Please give me link for more investigation. Thanks.
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
I've got 5 R9 380 cards and after tunning them I'm getting 3000 h/s with 600 W. I'm using SG-miner.

Is it a good resoult for these cards?

I think you are pretty close. You might be able to tweak out 400 h/s more using xmr-stak. Are you doing any over clocking? You might be able to get a little more out of each card. Watch for extra heat if you start overclocking as temperatures will rise.

Happy mining!  Grin
Thanks for the advice, I'll try xmr-stak as soon as I arrive home.

The cpu clock is overclocked to 1000MHz and the memory clock to 1600MHz. The temperatures are from 50°C to 57°C depending on the card. Is it too much temperature or can I overclock them more?  Cheesy

The temperature looks ok. Anything over 70°C will cause concern though.
I've been testing with xmr-stack and with more overclocking but I get less hashing power.

I'll check temperature more often. Thank you for the advice. Smiley

Not all card will run better at overclocking, all of them have different ASIC quality, so you will need to find sweet spot for each of the card.
Activity: 93
I've got 5 R9 380 cards and after tunning them I'm getting 3000 h/s with 600 W. I'm using SG-miner.

I think you are pretty close. You might be able to tweak out 400 h/s more using xmr-stak. Are you doing any over clocking? You might be able to get a little more out of each card. Watch for extra heat if you start overclocking as temperatures will rise.

Happy mining!  Grin

The cpu clock is overclocked to 1000MHz and the memory clock to 1600MHz. The temperatures are from 50°C to 57°C depending on the card. Is it too much temperature or can I overclock them more?  Cheesy

I've been testing with xmr-stack and with more overclocking but I get less hashing power.

I'll check temperature more often. Thank you for the advice. Smiley
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Happy mining!  Grin

Is Sumokoin able to repel attacks like Monero V's that threaten Monero's anonymity?

Well according to this
https://btcmanager.com/monerov-trap-laid-monero-users/
(end of the article at the "Conclusion" part)
As for a concrete solution to chain split attacks, a higher minimum enforced ring size could be the answer. Ehrenhofer, along with Brandon Goodell, recommends a higher ring size and increasing this figure from five to eight, but comes with the cost of increasing fees and transaction sizes, “For a modest increase in fees and transaction size, we can be much more assured that Monero’s ring signatures are prepared for large chain split attacks.” Goodell proposed a range between eight and 16. With a ring signature of eight, every transaction will have eight signatures instead of five and eight possible inputs for one actual input spent, providing greater obfuscation. The attractiveness of this solution is that it is easily implemented.[/i]

Sumokoin has by default and since day one, 12 mixins which means a ringsize value of 13, also Sumokoin has a young chain with still small fees while bulletproofs implementation will keep the chain and fees at the current levels so this high ring value doesnt have any serious negative effects on its chain size and fees.
So I guess the answer is no, I think Sumokoin is secure from such kind of issues

Lets hope you are right. Luckily for you is that first one will be tested Monero. I do believe result will be same on any clone.  This is not cryptographical flaw but users flaw.  So cant be charthographicly fixed. If user give his private keys away no math can save him. Not even 12 mixings.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Is Sumokoin able to repel attacks like Monero V's that threaten Monero's anonymity?

Well according to this
https://btcmanager.com/monerov-trap-laid-monero-users/
(end of the article at the "Conclusion" part)
As for a concrete solution to chain split attacks, a higher minimum enforced ring size could be the answer. Ehrenhofer, along with Brandon Goodell, recommends a higher ring size and increasing this figure from five to eight, but comes with the cost of increasing fees and transaction sizes, “For a modest increase in fees and transaction size, we can be much more assured that Monero’s ring signatures are prepared for large chain split attacks.” Goodell proposed a range between eight and 16. With a ring signature of eight, every transaction will have eight signatures instead of five and eight possible inputs for one actual input spent, providing greater obfuscation. The attractiveness of this solution is that it is easily implemented.[/i]

Sumokoin has by default and since day one, 12 mixins which means a ringsize value of 13, also Sumokoin has a young chain with still small fees while bulletproofs implementation will keep the chain and fees at the current levels so this high ring value doesnt have any serious negative effects on its chain size and fees.
So I guess the answer is no, I think Sumokoin is secure from such kind of issues

Lets hope you are right. Luckily for you is that first one will be tested Monero. I do believe result will be same on any clone.  This is not cryptographical flaw but users flaw.  So cant be charthographicly fixed. If user give his private keys away no math can save him. Not even 12 mixings.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
SUMO is over and slowly dying, I don't think that SUMO will ever be relevant again. Fact is that SUMO has nothing new to offer, just because their dev team is so small. SUMO literally doesn't do anything new, they just add some "extra" features, cmon

Just my opinion.

Yeah it's dead. Sell me more.
Activity: 73
SUMO is over and slowly dying, I don't think that SUMO will ever be relevant again. Fact is that SUMO has nothing new to offer, just because their dev team is so small. SUMO literally doesn't do anything new, they just add some "extra" features, cmon

Just my opinion.

Such an insightful post. Opinions aside, share some actual facts that led you to forming such an opinion, bruv. A small team that has thus far delivered all their goals/promises on time. Their big test will be releasing the bulletproofs functionality on time, but until then, patience is key (assuming you're just bitter about the price slump and nothing else).

HAHA
I think the biggest problem with privacy coins getting listed on the exchanges is the way they have to deal with the wallets the payment IDs and stuff like that I feel like most exchanges don't want those headaches look at how many people lose their coins because they forget to send them with the payment IDs, if I were exchanged I wouldn't want those headaches somebody has to figure that out first to make it more usable for the exchanges on their end

Exchanges can use subaddresses to avoid per-customer payment ids. They can still run a central wallet and issue a subaddress as a pernosalised deposit gateway for each client of theirs. However the issue is that only Monero and Sumokoin can support this feature and only Sumokoin has the subaddresses feature functional on the coin's GUI wallet. That would leave all other cryptonote coins running on the current specific-payment id way of depositing.
Pages:
Jump to: