Pages:
Author

Topic: 【ANN】◢◣ Swipp ◢◣ Modern cryptocurrency ● X11 ● POW/POS ● Masternodes - page 18. (Read 19080 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 255
Hi erverybody. New wallet release is approaching. We will be setting a break to the next version at block 125 000. Watch this thread closely in the next few days. Masternode payments will be significantly higher with this release. As before, anybody that has not updated once we reach 125 000, will be on a obsolete chain.

I also want to give everybody a heads up concerning planned changes to masternode payment distribution. These change will not be part of this update, but the next one after that:

1. Running several masternodes on the same IP under different ports will no longer be allowed - this does not benefit the network in any way. Masternodes will simply not be accepted onto the network if a similar node with the same IP is already present.

2. If there are many masternodes in a certain geographical area competing for payouts, these will receive less than a masternode which has less competition in it' area. It will also depend on the traffic. As we are planning to host services on the masternodes, we want the masternode network to be fast and responsive, with masternodes preferably being placed where they can benefit the network the most.

Yours, team swipp

Good work.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Swipp - a modern cryptocurrency
Hi erverybody. New wallet release is approaching. We will be setting a break to the next version at block 125 000. Watch this thread closely in the next few days. Masternode payments will be significantly higher with this release. As before, anybody that has not updated once we reach 125 000, will be on a obsolete chain.

I also want to give everybody a heads up concerning planned changes to masternode payment distribution. These change will not be part of this update, but the next one after that:

1. Running several masternodes on the same IP under different ports will no longer be allowed - this does not benefit the network in any way. Masternodes will simply not be accepted onto the network if a similar node with the same IP is already present.

2. If there are many masternodes in a certain geographical area competing for payouts, these will receive less than a masternode which has less competition in it' area. It will also depend on the traffic. As we are planning to host services on the masternodes, we want the masternode network to be fast and responsive, with masternodes preferably being placed where they can benefit the network the most.

Yours, team swipp
I operate a small linux vps and plan to stake your coins. There is no gui available. Is it also possible to stake the coins without a gui wallet?
Yes, I think you should be able to stake with the console version as well. Just start an instance of swippd, then, running it a second time, you can do;

"swippd getstakinginfo", in order to get information about the staking process.

Yours, team swipp
Do we really need another masternode coin? How many do we already have?
Hello.

This is not just "another masternode coin". We are developing features and plan on using the masternodes in a way that has not been done so far. Our intention is to make Swipp the first masternode-enabled cryptocurrency to actually take advantage of the masternodes on the network.

The features planned will make Swipp completely unique. Please review the rest of this thread, our roadmap and our GitHub repo;

http://www.swippcoin.com/
https://github.com/teamswipp/swippcore

Yours, team swipp
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
I operate a small linux vps and plan to stake your coins. There is no gui available. Is it also possible to stake the coins without a gui wallet?
Activity: 136
Merit: 100

No harm in focussing just on BTC and the major alts if that appeals to you more.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
Hi guys. We have extended the roadmap on the web site with two features that we now for sure plan to implement;

Implement masternode-backed bounty system.
This implementation is intended to facilitate the future development of the Swipp cryptocurrency.
Masternodes will be in charge of creating new bounties and governing the bounty-fund which will be replenished using Swipp generated via newly created PoS and PoW blocks. Our initial plan is to allocate 5% of all the new currency generated on the network to the bounty-fund.
A web portal will be developed that will be hosted and synced between the masternodes, creating a fully decentralized system where users can create new bounties, apply for bounties and claim bounty rewards.

Implement masternode-hosted web wallet (with mobile support).
A completely decentralized wallet solution hosted by the masternodes of the Swipp network. After registering and creating a wallet, users will be able to deposit and withdraw funds directly via a web interface served by the masternodes.

Yours, team swipp

The masternode-backed bounty system is much better than what I proposed and a nice way to combine governance and funding together. Great stuff.
Hi guys. We have extended the roadmap on the web site with two features that we now for sure plan to implement;

This implementation is intended to facilitate the future development of the Swipp cryptocurrency.
Masternodes will be in charge of creating new bounties and governing the bounty-fund which will be replenished using Swipp generated via newly created PoS and PoW blocks. Our initial plan is to allocate 5% of all the new currency generated on the network to the bounty-fund.
A web portal will be developed that will be hosted and synced between the masternodes, creating a fully decentralized system where users can create new bounties, apply for bounties and claim bounty rewards.

A completely decentralized wallet solution hosted by the masternodes of the Swipp network. After registering and creating a wallet, users will be able to deposit and withdraw funds directly via a web interface served by the masternodes.

Yours, team swipp

Good work teamswipp, rest assured i and the community is with you. Lets show the cryptouniverse power of SWIPP  Cool

Yours, team swipp
ohh.. big project..

I think that an event to celebrate the resurgence of Swipp is necessary.
Many people do not know that Swipp has revived...  Cry

What kind of event ? Smiley

I really think Swipp as a project will attract attention as time goes by, just like other active cryptocurrencies. We are not really looking for an overnight frenzy - a slow natural rise in popularity is often the best thing.

Yours, team swipp
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
ohh.. big project..

I think that an event to celebrate the resurgence of Swipp is necessary.
Many people do not know that Swipp has revived...  Cry
Hello everybody.

To be honest, the idea of a dev-fee with funds going to an address controlled by us, personally makes me very nervous. So I am personally agreeing with @fusionfoto on this one.

That being said, instead of a "dev-fee", we have talked about a bounty system governed by the masternodes. Basically, we are thinking that we allocate maybe 5% of all newly generated coins to this bounty fund - the masternodes can then issue new bounties and allocate rewards..... A bounty is only enabled once a certain number of masternodes all agree upon it. The same goes for payment of the bounty - a certain amount of masternodes need to reach consensus before it is paid out. Anybody will be able to apply for the bounties (the current core dev team included).

The biggest advantage here is that the bounty and development fund will be completely decentralized and anybody will be able to partake in the development process and apply for bounties.

With this, we will develop a relatively simple web bounty portal that masternodes will host. This web portal will be used to submit bounties and manage payouts. The underlying data is then synced between all masternodes - meaning that we can have as many mirrors of this portal as there are masternodes on the network. So even this part is decentralized and not dependant on us.

There are a few technical issues;

1. How the bounty fund should be stored and managed between the masternodes.
  2. How to sync the bounty data between the nodes. We can either use the blockchain or some alternative method.

Initially, we were planing on a donation driven bounty system on our web site. However, we want a currency, infrastructure and community that can keep going even if the current core team gets hit by a bus! It's important that there is no central point of failure. After the next wallet update, getting onto another exchange and developing this part of the currency will be our focus. So any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Yours, team swipp
A suggestion:
Many coins are suffering the same fate; after the dev's initial enthusiasm starts to wear off, the costs of developing and maintaining the coin wear them down until it's no longer appealing to spend their time and money on the coin which leads to stagnation. Several coins are trying to solve this after launch, i.e.: Neutron just updated their wallet and it incorporates a dev fee. Another coin which I can't remember is hard forking and as part of it, the block reward is increasing for the next 50,000 blocks with the increase going to the dev team to fund development.

I'd suggest that incorporating a dev fee may be something that Team Swipp might want to consider. Your continued enthusiasm to work on this coin and fund expenses is in everyone's interest and with governance and funding models being a large part in what made the major alt coins become major alt coins, I think it's worth considering.
If teamswipp wants it, we want it hear it out from them, normally there is concept of 'Development fund' where a percentage is set out and that is used for supporting development.
Activity: 125
A suggestion:
Many coins are suffering the same fate; after the dev's initial enthusiasm starts to wear off, the costs of developing and maintaining the coin wear them down until it's no longer appealing to spend their time and money on the coin which leads to stagnation. Several coins are trying to solve this after launch, i.e.: Neutron just updated their wallet and it incorporates a dev fee. Another coin which I can't remember is hard forking and as part of it, the block reward is increasing for the next 50,000 blocks with the increase going to the dev team to fund development.

I'd suggest that incorporating a dev fee may be something that Team Swipp might want to consider. Your continued enthusiasm to work on this coin and fund expenses is in everyone's interest and with governance and funding models being a large part in what made the major alt coins become major alt coins, I think it's worth considering.

As a whole, the alt-coin community hasn't figured out a fair dev-fee... and BTC and others don't have any concept like that and are wildly successful.

A suggestion:

Time for a small update!

We wanted everybody to know that Twiddler is still working on the wallet - the weekend release is a tad delayed.

Network hash rate is fluctuating from 3 TH/s to 250 GH/s, so there is some room to mine some easy Swipp if you have the hardware for it.

While Twiddler is finalizing the next wallet release, Chaozer has updated the explorer with a masternode view. You can now check what masternodes are active on the Swipp network directly in the Swipp explorer. There is also a new API call for this in the explorer. He said he will be fine-tuning and improving the masternode functionality in the explorer continuously. For the current rendition, please visit http://explorer.swippcoin.com/.

As always, our changes to the Iquidus explorer can be found here; https://github.com/teamswipp/explorer.

Yours, team swipp

Good work, keep the spirit high  Cool
Activity: 125

I'm just starting to follow/support this coin, and I ike the realistic, patient approach I'm hearing and the plans to increase community involvement including allowing non-core developers to contribute. This is exactly in the spirit of how all of this started. I will be telling more people about this coin and potentially contributing code in the near future.

thanks.

Fusion
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Time for a small update!

We wanted everybody to know that Twiddler is still working on the wallet - the weekend release is a tad delayed.

Network hash rate is fluctuating from 3 TH/s to 250 GH/s, so there is some room to mine some easy Swipp if you have the hardware for it.

While Twiddler is finalizing the next wallet release, Chaozer has updated the explorer with a masternode view. You can now check what masternodes are active on the Swipp network directly in the Swipp explorer. There is also a new API call for this in the explorer. He said he will be fine-tuning and improving the masternode functionality in the explorer continuously. For the current rendition, please visit http://explorer.swippcoin.com/.

As always, our changes to the Iquidus explorer can be found here; https://github.com/teamswipp/explorer.

Yours, team swipp

DEAR DEV, if you want to improve SWIPP price, please increase % reward of masternode, and list swipp on mnrank.com
Time for a small update!

Yours, team swipp
Pages:
Jump to: