Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TeaCoin [TEA] -@Bittrex - Fast - 0 Premine - 2.5% inflation - page 3. (Read 89163 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Teacoin will be a 4 year old later this month.   Genesis was on the 26th Jan 2014 20:33:57.

Nice to see the activity over on TradeSatashi.  Not much attention, but attention no less.

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
wow 3 solid connections from the pool
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Your correct,  a few bug fixes and checkpoints brought it up to the Zetacoin 0.8.99.18 base.

I need to fire up my old wallet see whats going on Smiley
Your correct,  a few bug fixes and checkpoints brought it up to the Zetacoin 0.8.99.18 base.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Well guys,  I've been playing with the TEA code and forked it over to https://github.com/Hobbyistpool/teacoin

I've applied the updates to bring it from version 0.8.99.9 to version 0.8.99.18.

I'll look to bring it to V0.9 and maybe V0.11.

If anyone wants to attempt the Windows/Mac builds,  Your welcome to try.  I've successfully compiled on Ubuntu.

Looks good. I had a skim through the commits and it looks mostly like a few bugfixes and some housekeeping?

Once I get my new build setup sorted (I can no longer build on DigitalOcean as they no longer allow nested KVMs Sad ) I'll compile a Windows wallet.
Well guys,  I've been playing with the TEA code and forked it over to https://github.com/Hobbyistpool/teacoin

I've applied the updates to bring it from version 0.8.99.9 to version 0.8.99.18.

I'll look to bring it to V0.9 and maybe V0.11.

If anyone wants to attempt the Windows/Mac builds,  Your welcome to try.  I've successfully compiled on Ubuntu.
Finally managed to recover most of my funds, by restoring from backup, exporting the wallet, splitting the export into several files, importing each to empty wallets, then consolidating to a single cold wallet address. A convoluted process, and in reality the TEA I recovered isn't worth that much, but it does mean that several hundred thousand unspent outputs have now been consolidated into only a few thousand, which is good for everyone.

I've looked at some of my older wallets and I reckon that in total I've minted around half of those 5 million blocks... all with only a 1 TEA reward, of course.  Cry

There is some issue with the client collecting multiple inputs when generating transactions. I found that if I sent 500 or 600 TEA at a time (1 TEA coinbase inputs), transactions would work at first, but after maybe 10 or 20 sends the client would become unresponsive to any further commands which needed the wallet - even after a restart. No disk thrashing or high CPU, just... nothing. The only solution was to delete the wallet then reimport the data, which does cause a small loss (change address privkeys are stuck in the frozen wallet). I subsequently found that sending only 100 TEA at a time did not cause this problem, and the client completed several hundred transactions in sequence without any issue. I don't know if this is a bug in the client, or some sort of resource deadlock issue with the database library.

Moving forward, I wonder if we could revamp TEA by forking source off a more modern/better maintained scrypt PoW only coin, so that it's less resource hungry? I could probably do the daemon, which is what exchanges use, but the GUI QT version is going to be a bit more complex. It may be possible to go the other way, by maintaining the existing TEA code, and backporting (obvious) bugfixes from other coins.

I'm all for any development you wish to do to TEA.  It's in need of a update. 

legendary
Finally managed to recover most of my funds, by restoring from backup, exporting the wallet, splitting the export into several files, importing each to empty wallets, then consolidating to a single cold wallet address. A convoluted process, and in reality the TEA I recovered isn't worth that much, but it does mean that several hundred thousand unspent outputs have now been consolidated into only a few thousand, which is good for everyone.

I've looked at some of my older wallets and I reckon that in total I've minted around half of those 5 million blocks... all with only a 1 TEA reward, of course.  Cry

There is some issue with the client collecting multiple inputs when generating transactions. I found that if I sent 500 or 600 TEA at a time (1 TEA coinbase inputs), transactions would work at first, but after maybe 10 or 20 sends the client would become unresponsive to any further commands which needed the wallet - even after a restart. No disk thrashing or high CPU, just... nothing. The only solution was to delete the wallet then reimport the data, which does cause a small loss (change address privkeys are stuck in the frozen wallet). I subsequently found that sending only 100 TEA at a time did not cause this problem, and the client completed several hundred transactions in sequence without any issue. I don't know if this is a bug in the client, or some sort of resource deadlock issue with the database library.

Moving forward, I wonder if we could revamp TEA by forking source off a more modern/better maintained scrypt PoW only coin, so that it's less resource hungry? I could probably do the daemon, which is what exchanges use, but the GUI QT version is going to be a bit more complex. It may be possible to go the other way, by maintaining the existing TEA code, and backporting (obvious) bugfixes from other coins.
Less than 9k blocks to go until the blockchain size reaches 5 million blocks.

We should have a party. Smiley
legendary
Less than 9k blocks to go until the blockchain size reaches 5 million blocks.
Pool back online,  chain moving again.  Diff dropped, you should now be able to find a block or two.

legendary
Blockchain abruptly stopped moving around 2.5 hours ago. Looks like the pool is down, so I guess that was the only TEA client adding blocks to the chain?

I have my little Biterupter miner going but since diff is so high it's not finding anything. Not even sure I have it configured properly...
Correct,  I've seen the same in regards to input selection.  I've found the use of paperwallets useful for consolidating coins.  I'll send 100-300 tea per transaction to a paperwallet, When my hot wallet is depleted, I'll create a new hot wallet and import the paperwallets private key.

I host a tea paperwallet generator at https://hobbyistpool.ddns.net/paperwallet/?currency=Teacoin
legendary
I usually redo my TEA wallet when I notice the client getting lethargic, but it looks like I left this one a bit too long.

I was able to create some transactions but in the middle of a sequence of sends it froze and hasn't worked since: any RPC command which accesses the wallet, like a send, or list of transactions, or a wallet dump, just hangs and never responds. Trying -rescan, -salvagewallet etc doesn't change this. I was hoping to be able to dump out the wallet then progressively import the keys into different wallets, but given RPC doesn't even respond that looks unlikely. I'll probably have to fiddle with manually recovering keys from the raw database file.

Transaction size/complexity (when my client works!) is also an issue. I've found that with numerous 1 TEA inputs in my wallet sometimes the client will even choke on sending 700 - 800 TEA. I've tried consolidating by sending back to my own address, but it's somewhat pointless because after a few confirms the client starts reusing the larger inputs from the very same consolidation transactions it created only minutes prior. Really need a way to cleanly consolidate unspent outputs by ignoring recently received transactions. And maybe a way to auto-consolidate when there's too many small unspent outputs.
I found similar issues with the pools wallets.  When they grow too large, many problems with the coind/memory consumption . A 350MB wallet beats my record.  My largest was about 200MB and I try to rotate them at about 80-100 MB.

I also found a single transaction can quickly grow too large due to the large number of inputs (if the inputs are low in value).  Given the current block reward, this can be reached by a less than 1000 Tea transaction if the inputs are all 1 tea each.  Not a problem with only TeaCoin.  We need to roll up the small amounts into larger ones.  All these transactions add to the wallet size on disk. Smiley

Hopefully you can recover those TEA.
legendary
My poor old TEA wallet is about ready to burst at the seams. It's 350MB in size and seems to have stopped working completely. It gets stuck trying to send 100 TEA. Running -salvagewallet found 1401081 privkeys (!) which I guess means I've mined about 28% of the blocks in the chain (but, unfortunately, not 28% of the coin supply...  Wink )
Yes,  The pool was hit by a massive increase in hash.  Seems there is some attention being payed to Tea.  My node was overwhelmed, finding blocks so quickly.  Expect some maintenance downtime in the near future.

The markets on TradeSatoshi have some activity as well.  I see Tea has a high of 5 sat yesterday and more activity lately.

legendary
Been off mining TEA for a few weeks, just noticed the diff is way up compared to when I last mined. Still tiny compared to something like BTC, but roughly a 50 times increase in difficulty when compared to the level from a month ago. Who's mining this now? Not sure if I should bother to switch on my little 0.3GH/s miner.  Tongue
It's cheap enough...  Let's get some activity.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257
Pages:
Jump to: