Author

Topic: [ANN] TenX: Making Blockchain assets spendable - page 293. (Read 332241 times)

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Activity: 18

Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Re: [ANN] TenX [ICO] end of June: making Blockchain assets spendable
June 06, 2017, 05:33:07 PM
What's the point of the ICO if the thing is already developed?
Don't business needs expansion,marketing,after sales etc?Do you think a product is enough to run a business?
Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Activity: 18

Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Re: [ANN] TenX [ICO] end of June: making Blockchain assets spendable
June 06, 2017, 05:33:07 PM
What's the point of the ICO if the thing is already developed?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
What mechanism will you use to place a value on contributed ERC20 tokens?

It is a live conversion
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
How would you prepare for the ICO guys ? I tried parity with my last ICO and set the exact block number, high gas limit and fee (not more than the ICO team asked for, 200k limit, 50gwei fee) and still it failed, tried maybe 5 times and nothing happened. MEW worked but that too failed like 6-7 times. Is there a way to make parity repeat the transaction until it gets into a block ?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
It is a minor hiccup to create several addresses and such, but to someone wishes to invest 1000 Ether or more, I think it is. For a small time investor, it is 0 hiccup though.

How many people invested in the presale? What was the average amount of tokens bought per head?

Sorry, I fail to see how the presale helped equal distribution in any way since 1) smalltimers were excluded 2) there was no maximum.
How did this do anything but help whales get in even earlier and with even more ease?

I don't wish to offend or grind you down in any way. But the logic of the presale beats me entirely.
A few people came in, and only bigtimers - how does this help many people come in, which is what you claim was the purpose...

Not all are born rich so instead of crying for being poor you should try to work hard and start making money from all the opportunities that come across you so in future you don't have to cry anymore for being poor.
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
It is a minor hiccup to create several addresses and such, but to someone wishes to invest 1000 Ether or more, I think it is. For a small time investor, it is 0 hiccup though.

How many people invested in the presale? What was the average amount of tokens bought per head?

Sorry, I fail to see how the presale helped equal distribution in any way since 1) smalltimers were excluded 2) there was no maximum.
How did this do anything but help whales get in even earlier and with even more ease?

I don't wish to offend or grind you down in any way. But the logic of the presale beats me entirely.
A few people came in, and only bigtimers - how does this help many people come in, which is what you claim was the purpose...

legendary
Activity: 938
What mechanism will you use to place a value on contributed ERC20 tokens?
I don't think there's an easy solution that has been tested. even with contribution cap, # transaction cap per address, and time interval between anyone can use multiple send addresses so its not controllable. We want a lot of people come in and we believe the presale was a crucial step for that.
Other actions that could be taken are a gas limit. Dynamic ceilings like Status will apply. An uncapped hour like Bancor (though they greedily ruined it by extending it for an additional 2 hours).

The biggest harm has already been done though, the presale had a minimum not a maximum. 50% of the tokens have been handed to whales who were allowed to enter early outside of the regular potential queue. If the regular sale would really be designated to small investors, the presale would've made a certain sense (though imho whales should be shunned from crypto altogether as they ruin what crypto is about, to me at least, a currency of the people, decentralized).

In the current cryptocraze whales have proven they are able to take the entire supply of an ICO and regulate it themselves for massive profits, not just shouldering smalltimers out of the entrance but bleeding them dry afterward should they still wish to participate.

Especially in a project such as this one, a large distribution - a large user base - will be absolutely invaluable.
legendary
Activity: 1092
GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing
Thats what my concern also.By keeping pre-sale price so high,you sent a wrong message to small investor.A success of any company does not only depend on how many money it collects but also how storong and big the investors community is.
Little guys are unable to reach the 125 Ether minimum. Whales can get their hands on the tokens even before anyone else can. Whales 1 little guys 0.

And what is to keep whales from accumulating during the actual sale?

I read, half goes to whales with certainty
Half goes to anyone, but still a huge advantage to whales who will manipulate with gas and what not.

I bet I won't have much of a chance to buy for my measly little 1 Ether, and I will be there when the timer hits 0.00 too!

So, instead of criticizing, why don't you make a constructive suggestion in how to make it better than we already did?

I just don't see how the presale helped in any way. Except for letting whales skip the queue. That is my constructive criticism here Wink
I know whales are a pain, and it's difficult to contain them. But this seems to open the gates fully, let them run rampant. I'm not familiar enough with 'logistics' to provide ideas, because options are easy to come by, but realistic ones I'm not sure. I mean, if there is a minimum amount, can't there be a maximum amount of investing?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Whales will always invest in whatever they want, thats why they are called whales.

On which exchanges first TenX token will be possible to trade?
Little guys are unable to reach the 125 Ether minimum. Whales can get their hands on the tokens even before anyone else can. Whales 1 little guys 0.

Half goes to anyone, but still a huge advantage to whales who will manipulate with gas and what not.

I bet I won't have much of a chance to buy for my measly little 1 Ether, and I will be there when the timer hits 0.00 too!

So, instead of criticizing, why don't you make a constructive suggestion in how to make it better than we already did?
Sorry to repeatedly asking the same question but I unless I heard it straight from horse mouth I will keep repeating  Grin what is the minimum amount that can be inveated ?

0.05 ETH minimum
Sorry to repeatedly asking the same question but I unless I heard it straight from horse mouth I will keep repeating  Grin what is the minimum amount that can be inveated ?

What? It is right there on the initial post. 10 tokens is the minimum
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hmm a huge 100k eth in the presale... MINIMUM of 125 Ether. This was to exclude whales? Eh...
This seems to exclude the little guys, to include whales, who will gather on the actual sale as well.
As far as distribution goes, I have to give you a big fat -1 for now!

I think you don't get that this is what makes a great distribution:
-whales during the presale fully structured
-smaller contributions during the regular sale

Please let me know how you would make this any better... I am waiting.
Hmm a huge 100k eth in the presale... MINIMUM of 125 Ether. This was to exclude whales? Eh...
This seems to exclude the little guys, to include whales, who will gather on the actual sale as well.
As far as distribution goes, I have to give you a big fat -1 for now!
What I understand from this link -> https://tokensale.tenx.tech/#/close  You already have 100k ETH from presale? Which is about $35000000 ($35mln) before standard token sale even started? Really?

Yes, really. And if you consider buidling a team of 250 people within 2 years, getting a banking license and having enough liquidity for a network that connects any blockchain it is not a lot.
Jump to: