Author

Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012 - page 130. (Read 408660 times)

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong
August 16, 2016, 10:40:31 AM
Has the hard fork block we set passed? if so then thats the reason.

Ahmed

What block did you set for the hardfork? I did ask a page or so back, but nobody seemed to know:

When will the hard fork be?

Good question - do we have an approximate time/date/block when it will happen?
Activity: 800
Merit: 1000
August 16, 2016, 09:25:47 AM
Has the hard fork block we set passed? if so then thats the reason.

Ahmed
August 16, 2016, 05:58:07 AM
I just checked my daemon - all peers are banned too. I've reverted back to the older wallet also.
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
August 16, 2016, 01:06:08 AM
at moment on linux wallet works terrible, huge problems with sync... atleast from command line
Did you managed to run auxpow for terracoin? as i tried new wallet doesnt accept new blocks...

I guess auxpow will kick in after the hard fork.

I am not having any sync issues on Ubuntu.  I compare the blocks pretty regularly to my old wallet and they are always up to date.  There is a warning saying that the number of blocks are not what is expected.  I believe this is because of lack of mining or when the difficulty drops people hit it hard with their miners.

I couldnt sync all chain with new wallet, but then i found old wallet and its working fine. Im using ubuntu 16.

You are right.  I just recompiled and I am having the same issue.  It seems that most peers are getting banded.  There is also some crazy peer with a .12 version number.  I will open up an issue with Ahmed.  Thanks for pointing that out!

Even when i updated with old wallet all blockchain and then started new wallet it continue to ban peers and denied new block. So at moment i stayed on old wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
August 15, 2016, 11:48:03 PM
at moment on linux wallet works terrible, huge problems with sync... atleast from command line
Did you managed to run auxpow for terracoin? as i tried new wallet doesnt accept new blocks...

I am not having any sync issues on Ubuntu.  I compare the blocks pretty regularly to my old wallet and they are always up to date.  There is a warning saying that the number of blocks are not what is expected.  I believe this is because of lack of mining or when the difficulty drops people hit it hard with their miners.

I couldnt sync all chain with new wallet, but then i found old wallet and its working fine. Im using ubuntu 16.

You are right.  I just recompiled and I am having the same issue.  It seems that most peers are getting banded.  There is also some crazy peer with a .12 version number.  I will open up an issue with Ahmed.  Thanks for pointing that out!
legendary
August 15, 2016, 02:04:45 PM

I am using Ubuntu 16 as well.  Last time I compiled it I pulled from Ahmed's github: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/

Maybe my fork is messed up.  I notice it is a few commits behind, which I will fix when I get home.
August 15, 2016, 01:46:32 PM

legendary
August 15, 2016, 01:34:38 PM

August 15, 2016, 06:05:37 AM
legendary
Activity: 1764
August 14, 2016, 09:36:01 PM

Hopefully Ahmed can update the code to have it happen 3 weeks from Wednesday the 17th.  I will have a block count once the code has been updated.

This is good news. More time for people to join in the fun!
legendary
August 14, 2016, 08:47:43 PM

Hopefully Ahmed can update the code to have it happen 3 weeks from Wednesday the 17th.  I will have a block count once the code has been updated.
August 14, 2016, 02:05:13 PM
Id advise against a percentage based hard fork to be honest. One i don't currently have time to do it. Two it means it could be months till the hard fork happens if at all

Ahmed

I was just about to e-mail you.

I agree.  How about we plan the hard fork to approximately happen three weeks from Wednesday the 17th?  I know that the hard fork will be more controlled by the number of blocks mined vs actual calendar time, but that gives us a little leeway.

We will need time to compile the Windows exes, and to inform everyone that the hard fork is going down.

If things are broken on the new wallet after the hard fork will you be available for emergency updates?

I am not doubting your programing skills; I just know from managing past IT roll-outs at my job that all possible disasters should be planned for.

Thanks Ahmed!  Smiley

Yep i'll be around.

Ahmed
August 14, 2016, 12:56:16 PM

Activity: 1
Merit: 100
August 12, 2016, 02:54:00 AM
When will the hard fork be? Just so I know to withdraw my coins from vircurex when the time is
legendary
August 12, 2016, 09:42:17 PM
Id advise against a percentage based hard fork to be honest. One i don't currently have time to do it. Two it means it could be months till the hard fork happens if at all

Ahmed

I was just about to e-mail you.

I agree.  How about we plan the hard fork to approximately happen three weeks from Wednesday the 17th?  I know that the hard fork will be more controlled by the number of blocks mined vs actual calendar time, but that gives us a little leeway.

We will need time to compile the Windows exes, and to inform everyone that the hard fork is going down.

If things are broken on the new wallet after the hard fork will you be available for emergency updates?

I am not doubting your programing skills; I just know from managing past IT roll-outs at my job that all possible disasters should be planned for.

Thanks Ahmed!  Smiley
August 12, 2016, 09:33:50 AM

Ahmed
legendary
August 12, 2016, 12:34:39 AM
https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/issues/18

I believe KGW will also need hard-fork. Because the new blocks created by the new version node are not accepted by the old version nodes.

Can we add some code in the new version node, only when the new version nodes percentage reaches for example 80%, then start mining by enabling KGW & MM?
We can add the code to check the previous blocks (for example, previous 1000 blocks) version, for example, most of the latest block versions are new version, then activate the KGW/MM mining.

Hanzac can you open this idea on Ahmed's Terracoin github as an issue?

Just so we are on the same page, DGW is Dark Gravity Wave difficulty readjustment algorithm.

Also, I think 80% is way too high.  No matter how much we blast everyone about a mandatory wallet upgrade most people/companies are not aware of the new foundation etc.  I think 51% is a much more reasonable percentage.  Once everyone notices that something has changed I think we will be able to more diplomatic about it.

Thanks for the help!
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
August 12, 2016, 12:13:25 AM
https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/issues/18

I believe KGW will also need hard-fork. Because the new blocks created by the new version node are not accepted by the old version nodes.

Can we add some code in the new version node, only when the new version nodes percentage reaches for example 80%, then start mining by enabling KGW & MM?
We can add the code to check the previous blocks (for example, previous 1000 blocks) version, for example, most of the latest block versions are new version, then activate the KGW/MM mining.
legendary
August 11, 2016, 07:12:20 PM
Guys, in the https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/blob/master/src/rpc/mining.cpp

You didn't put the method "getblocktemplate" in the RPC commands:
Line 1059: static const CRPCCommand commands[] =

Wink

I think he fixed it for now.  Thanks!  Merge mining will start once the hard fork happens.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
August 09, 2016, 11:59:36 PM
Guys, in the https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/blob/master/src/rpc/mining.cpp

You didn't put the method "getblocktemplate" in the RPC commands:
Line 1059: static const CRPCCommand commands[] =

Wink
Jump to: