Author

Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012 - page 133. (Read 408660 times)

legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
July 12, 2016, 08:35:31 PM

Donated 0.2 BTC go TRC

Thanks man!  I think we now have enough to pay for the developer!
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
July 12, 2016, 05:36:43 PM
We just got another .1 BTC donated to pay for the developer.  We just need another .05 BTC!  Please donate BTC to:

14LW52k8vhHvHaGfmgx48d3su4RcKPyKcc

We got 2000 TRC to the TRC donation wallet, so we need another ≈45k more!

Here is the TRC donation wallet:

12bTKJL3UiypnVQMyFXg7eCJudAyAtgh6p

Thanks for the donations everyone!  Every amount helps get Terracoin update.

Donated 0.2 BTC go TRC
legendary
July 10, 2016, 06:57:50 PM
We just got another .1 BTC donated to pay for the developer.  We just need another .05 BTC!  Please donate BTC to:

We got 2000 TRC to the TRC donation wallet, so we need another ≈45k more!

Here is the TRC donation wallet:

Thanks for the donations everyone!  Every amount helps get Terracoin update.
legendary
July 09, 2016, 11:52:54 PM

We are very very close, and if you want to test out the code you can.  Here is the repository: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin.git

The new wallet will cause a hard fork, I believe, but I was able to send and receive TRC to it.  We haven't had anyone try to test mine with it yet.
I tried to set up a MPOS pool but the stratum complained about the new wallet not understanding getblocktemplate.

Looking at the code, the getblocktemplate call was disabled:
Code:
getblocktemplate is disabled for merge-mining, since getauxblock should
be used instead.  All blocks are required to be merge-mined, thus GBT
makes no sense.
I may try uNOMP - or just mine on somebody else's pool   Smiley

[/quote]

Yeah, the new wallet has merge mining built in, so you would have to use the getauxblock call.  I know very little about mining, but maybe someone else can chime in and help with that.  Thanks for trying it out!!
legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
July 09, 2016, 11:36:47 PM
now that the btc halving is done, some miners (like me) will be look at other coin choices.
Is Terracoin ready ??

We are very very close, and if you want to test out the code you can.  Here is the repository: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin.git

The new wallet will cause a hard fork, I believe, but I was able to send and receive TRC to it.  We haven't had anyone try to test mine with it yet.
I tried to set up a MPOS pool but the stratum complained about the new wallet not understanding getblocktemplate.

Looking at the code, the getblocktemplate call was disabled:
Code:
getblocktemplate is disabled for merge-mining, since getauxblock should
be used instead.  All blocks are required to be merge-mined, thus GBT
makes no sense.
I may try uNOMP - or just mine on somebody else's pool   Smiley
legendary
July 09, 2016, 10:48:20 PM
now that the btc halving is done, some miners (like me) will be look at other coin choices.
Is Terracoin ready ??

legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
July 09, 2016, 01:25:20 PM
Is Terracoin ready ??
legendary
July 06, 2016, 09:36:28 PM
Yep, open an issue for any fixes.

The beta banner can be removed. It's there just incase.

Ahmed

Awesome.  I have a few minor things to open, and so does our developer.

I noticed on the BTC wallet it says the version is .12.1 and it doesn't have that banner, but when you compile the code from the github for bitcoin it also has that banner.  I am confused why it would have that banner on the bitcoin wallet at all and why the version is different when compiled.

So onto other news, I have sent TRC from the old wallet to the new wallet, and I am waiting for the confirmations for the sending from the new wallet to the old wallet.

Obviously there is more work to be done, but it looks like the new wallet has merged mining, and Dark Gravity Wave difficulty readjustment.

So now we need to get Ahmed paid for the work he has done and for the work he is doing!

We need to gather .25 BTC and approximately 78k worth of TRC (that amount could change depending on the exchange rate) for him.

The TRC General Donations Address is:

We currently have 30k+ in the TRC General Donations address.

We just set up a BTC General Donations Address and it is:

It currently is empty, but I will be sending .1 BTC from my personal BTC after I hit post on this post.

Thanks everyone!  With this wallet update we will final bring Terracoin into the present!
Activity: 800
Merit: 1000
July 06, 2016, 06:32:22 AM
Yep, open an issue for any fixes.

The beta banner can be removed. It's there just incase.

Ahmed
legendary
July 05, 2016, 09:42:07 PM

No worries that is fine. i do understand where your coming from. Either way 0.12 and 0.12.1 are pretty much the same. And the reason for me starting from scratch was to save yourselves, myself and any future developer time. The way i did it the entire BTC commit history is intact so any new upgrades can be done with a simple git merge.

RE: Missing Features.
   - Checkpoints: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/commit/c62e9cc40ae3795b7bd6c9129357544a0a9757c8
   - Max Money: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/commit/8edd80b552dfd443bed6f3279d3d380ce1467b6a
   - AUXPOW: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/commit/512ae14f474300a2878910a29b11ba30b05976f4
   - DGW: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/commit/3cc84b7d9c1fcf5da5f03f97355713e537ceb9d9
   - Hard Fork: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/commit/3cc84b7d9c1fcf5da5f03f97355713e537ceb9d9

RE: Payment. im happy to wait till your main developer is back and for payment based on what he thinks is a fair rate in a BTC/TRC split
Ahmed

Should I just open an issue on your repository if I see things that need to be fixed?  Such as version number, and I updated some logo files that are on our github?

Also, I notice in the beta banner it says not to use for mining or merchant applications.  I think getting miners and exchanges to switch to the new wallet will be a hard sell, which is why we were going with the .12 BTC code.
legendary
July 05, 2016, 08:47:23 PM
Just for my clarification, since this is a hard fork, we are going to need to get at least half of the wallet holders (mostly miners) to switch to the new wallet for this thing to take effect, correct?

Right now I wouldn't be able to send coins between the old wallet and the new wallet?

Our developer is back and has glanced at it briefly.

The TRC Foundations general donation bitcoin wallet is almost synced.

July 04, 2016, 04:14:11 AM
legendary
July 04, 2016, 03:39:44 AM
Thank you, an open mind is all i asked for. Yes max money wasnt changed an oversight on my part since no tx's had hit that limit yet. If you need help or more questions about it you know where to find me

I looked over just the chainparams.cpp file and it is missing the checkpoints, and a few other things.

I did try to compile it on a Ubuntu computer and it did compile and after I connected to wi-fi it seemed to connected to the TRC network.  This was the original problem that I asked for help with, which I don't think it worth .5 BTC.

It is still missing merge mining, and the Dark Gravity Wave difficulty readjustment which we talked about, or I can't find it.

Our developer is on vacation during this three day weekend so once he takes a good look at it I will know more.

We also didn't want to use the BTC .12.1 code, but instead the .12 code which I mentioned, and your code is the .12.1 code.

I also wanted you to use our github, but for some reason you started your own github for it.

I no longer thing you are a scam artist, and I apologize for saying that, but I also don't think this is what we agreed on.  I also said not to do anything until the other guys had a say about it.

The run down that happens so commonly with cryptocoins is that people show up and say they will do something, without getting clarification on what needs to be done.

They then show up and demand payment with the threat of ruining a person's name if they don't get paid.

I am not saying that is what you are doing, but it felt like that to me which is when I called you a con artist.  I am sorry.

We both agreed that the chat conversation I posted was correct, so once the work is done and verified by our developer we will be happy to pay you half BTC and half TRC for your work.

I am waiting for a VM to sync a BTC wallet just so the TRC Founation will have a general BTC donation wallet to gather donations for you.  Even if we don't get enough donations to pay the BTC portion; I will personally pay it myself.

I am sorry for my hasty decision and my quick temper.  I was a little drunk, and a little pissed off for other reasons.

I hope this is just a big misunderstanding.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
July 04, 2016, 01:28:16 AM
You guys are not team work ... Grin
Software development needs clear requirement specification (or change request), agreement on design, implementation, testing (UT --> IoT).
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
July 03, 2016, 05:29:31 PM
 Yeah, if I would see Terracoin wallet with max money at 21 mil while Terracoin specs are way too different in this sense I might behave same as clockuniverse did - too many sharpers in cryptoworld this days...
July 03, 2016, 07:26:11 AM
Thank you, an open mind is all i asked for. Yes max money wasnt changed an oversight on my part since no tx's had hit that limit yet. If you need help or more questions about it you know where to find me
legendary
July 02, 2016, 11:12:12 PM
There you go, thats the long version. So what is it? You can see the repo and all the code. Who's the con artist?

Ahmed

EDIT: Appears as though ive now been kicked from the slack too

I did kick you from the slack and from your glowing recommendations above I do hope that I am just making a mistake.

I have had about five people send me PMs in the past demanding payment for something I didn't ask for or want, and this feels like the same situation.

If you look in the post with the slack conversation I said not to do any work (hold off) twice and then you did the work.  Then you said "feel free to give me whatever you guys like for it."

After your post on slack with the screenshot of the BTC wallet with just the letters TRC changed (which is almost identical to a post I did on slack #wallet, which is how easy I know it is to make the wallet compile with just a few changes) I looked at one thing MAX_MONEY and it was not changed to the TRC specs which is when I called you a con-artist.

Since everyone is coming to your defense I did check a second thing, and I was surprised to see you changed the "stephanie" genesis part.

I will compile on an air gapped laptop and try to keep an open mind.
Activity: 629
Merit: 500
July 02, 2016, 05:45:16 PM
you guys should pay ahmed. i've known him a long time and he's a great developer. not only that, but he gave you a ridiculously low price, and did everything (and probably more) than needed.

if you asked me to do that work i would have charged a couple of btc.

maybe you are new to crypto and dont know ahmeds reputation? have a look at https://github.com/ahmedbodi?tab=repositories and you'll see he's been developing in crypto for many years now. to try to scam him out

of a half of a bitcoin is very, very lowly.

tldr; clockuniverse: pay ahmed what you owe him. its only half a bitcoin for christ sake. i have friends in portland ya know... ;]
Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong
July 02, 2016, 05:37:53 PM
You're welcome. I hope you both resolve your disagreement.

BTW, the daemon compiles & passes tests without issue on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit, but I didn't run it yet.

Looks good to me so far though.
July 02, 2016, 05:27:15 PM
IconFirm

Thanks for recommending me and thanks for the input.

At this stage it boils down to me wanting my payment and apology and then being done with this coin. I took the insult litely assuming that clockuniverse was reasonable and provided my github link for the information as shown in the chat. Appears as though i hit a nerve with the fact i did the whole update much faster than they have so far

Ahmed
Jump to: