Author

Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012 - page 134. (Read 408660 times)

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong
July 02, 2016, 05:21:30 PM
Hi mrbodz & clockuniverse,

As I recommended mrbodz to clockuniverse I feel obliged to chime in.

I was happy that mrbodz decided to do the recode because I know he is both capable & experienced with auxpow, so I followed the progress work on github. Looking at the commits here:

https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/commits/master

..I'd say you have done much more than what clockuniverse said you did. I have no idea why clockuniverse would make such a statement, but I hope it is just a misunderstanding.

Come on guys - let's not make a thing out of this eh?  Wink
Activity: 800
Merit: 1000
July 02, 2016, 04:59:16 PM
There you go, thats the long version. So what is it? You can see the repo and all the code. Who's the con artist?

Ahmed

EDIT: Appears as though ive now been kicked from the slack too
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
July 02, 2016, 04:53:39 PM
In order to just keep a public record of events i am posting over here.

I was contacted a few days ago by clockuniverse to help finish the upgraded wallet. Yesterday night i began working on the code and i have it finished along with all the merged mining and DGW upgrades by today afternoon. I posted a screenshot of the compiled wallet to the terracoin slack and was called a con-artist by clockuniverse stating that i had just changed the letters in the UI and posted it.

Upon acceptance that i have completed the job, i am requesting my payment and a full apology from clockuniverse.

For reference here is the repository of the new terracoin code. http://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin

Ahmed

A public record is good.  I actually started this thread without the ability to delete posts.  Here is the public record.

ahmedbodi [5:54 PM] 
joined #general

ahmedbodi [5:56 PM] 
hi guys

clockuniverse [5:56 PM] 
Hi!  How is it going?

[5:57] 
I just sent a reply on bitcointalk.

[6:01] 
Anyways, what I was saying is that .5 BTC seems a little steep if the error really is just the genesis block error.  I don't want to waste your time, or efforts though.  I'll post the excel of the changes we have done.

clockuniverse [6:05 PM] 
uploaded and commented on a file
TRC_TO_BTC_0.12.1 (1).xlsx
44KB
Excel Spreadsheet
 Click to download
1 Comment
I think this is the newest one

clockuniverse [6:06 PM] 
Also we originally were going to .12.1 but now we are updating to .12 and calling it .8.12

clockuniverse [6:12 PM] 
@mvcv114: Ahmed said he would help out for a bounty, so he may ask you some questions.  He is asking .5 BTC, but that is starting from scratch.  I think we are pretty close, so I think it should be less, but I don't want to waste his time either.  @ahmedbodi Mark is our developer.  :simple_smile: Lets haggle?

ahmedbodi [6:17 PM] 
Sure

[6:18] 
My problem atm is the source code in the pull request only has the genesis block

Its also missing everything else

For the 0.5 ill throw in merged mining and dgw

[6:19] 
A simple example is the retargetting algorithms. Theyre all missing in the current pull requesr

[6:19] 
Those took me about 2 hours just to tidy up and port up to the 0.12base

[6:20] 
@clockuniverse: ^

clockuniverse [6:30 PM] 
@craslovell: @cryptocoderz @dangershony @mvcv114

[6:31] 
I am calling everyone in to talk about this.  You are pulling from https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0
 GitHub
clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0
terracoin-1.0 - Terracoin - A Cryptocurrancy for the world!

ahmedbodi [6:31 PM] 
Correct

clockuniverse [6:31 PM] 
That is the one where each commit that says "compiles with errors" is a more recent update.

ahmedbodi [6:32 PM] 
Ive just checked a couple files out and compared to what they should be

[6:32] 
Not actually compiled that repo yet

clockuniverse [6:32 PM] 
That seems pretty reasonable to me for all 3 changes.

[6:33] 
@mvcv114: Have we actually changed anything from 9 days ago?  I can't remember.

ahmedbodi [6:33 PM] 
That is a lot cheaper than i normally do things. E.g. I just did a hard fork for fedoracoin for 1 btc

clockuniverse [6:36 PM] 
Would you take part of it in TRC?  We are trying to use TRC as much as possible, since that is our currancy.

ahmedbodi [6:36 PM] 
yep certainly

clockuniverse [6:36 PM] 
*currency

ahmedbodi [6:36 PM] 
Im also considering opening my mining pools again so id include trc in the merged mining

clockuniverse [6:37 PM] 
That all sounds good.

ahmedbodi [6:38 PM] 
Do you have any trc nodes i can use?

clockuniverse [6:38 PM] 
Hold off for now, and let's let the other guy's voice their opinions.  They may not get back till after the 3 day weekend.

ahmedbodi [6:39 PM] 
Either way ill have it done since ive got other work to do this coming week so wont have much time to work on it

clockuniverse [6:39 PM] 
Don't do any work on it at all yet.  Let's let the other guys have a say.

[6:40] 
We can wait a week or two.

ahmedbodi [6:41 PM] 
Ok no worries

clockuniverse [6:41 PM] 
Thanks man!

mvcv114 [7:21 PM] 
The changes made had to do with the genesis block.  That is one thing that I have not done and that is apply rights across the downloaded folders though windows should handle that at creation though these are not windows original files so you may be on to something.

mvcv114 [7:31 PM] 
I am starting over again and will run as admin.

----- Today July 2nd, 2016 -----
ahmedbodi [8:23 AM] 
Any news?

ahmedbodi [8:40 AM] 
uploaded an image: Slack for iOS Upload
Add Comment

ahmedbodi [8:41 AM] 
Ive done it, i know you said to hold off, feel free to give me whatever you guys like for it, i dont mind. Its got merged mining and dgw added into it. All thats needed now is renaming the ui

clockuniverse [1:04 PM] 
@ahmedbodi: Send us the code so we can verify, but that looks like you just ran a copy and replace for the letters BTC to TRC on the BTC .12.1 code.  Like I said, we have been working on this code for a while, and if you scroll up through the wallet channel you can see I have already posted a similar screen shot, though mine didn't have the bitcoin core portion at the top.

clockuniverse [1:04 PM] 
uploaded an image: Pasted image at 2016-07-02, 1:04 PM
Add Comment

clockuniverse [1:08 PM] 
@ahmedbodi: Sorry dude.  You are out.  Con-artist.

ahmedbodi [1:35 PM] 
Haha fair enoufh

[1:35] 
But i do have the repo

[1:35] 
http://Http://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin
 GitHub
ahmedbodi/terracoin
Contribute to terracoin development by creating an account on GitHub.

[1:36] 
Feel free to go through the code

And then i would appreciate an apology

Ive been doing this work for 3 years, theres a reason i charge what i do and i have the reputation i do for being able to fix any coins issues in record time
Activity: 800
Merit: 1000
July 02, 2016, 04:40:23 PM
In order to just keep a public record of events i am posting over here.

I was contacted a few days ago by clockuniverse to help finish the upgraded wallet. Yesterday night i began working on the code and i have it finished along with all the merged mining and DGW upgrades by today afternoon. I posted a screenshot of the compiled wallet to the terracoin slack and was called a con-artist by clockuniverse stating that i had just changed the letters in the UI and posted it.

Upon acceptance that i have completed the job, i am requesting my payment and a full apology from clockuniverse.

For reference here is the repository of the new terracoin code. http://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin

Ahmed
legendary
July 01, 2016, 07:59:48 PM
Hmmm... Actual distribution is not that bad... https://bchain.info/TRC/rich/ . I hope top-3 accounts ( especially cryptsy cold wallet ) are disappeared into the void. Would love to see whales to cash out right now, not dumping when terracoin will take off again!

I believe one of those top 3 wallets is BCT-E.

Hello to rieneuf!  We will be here in the future as well!

Myhoho:  We are going to break the ice pretty soon once the new wallet is up and running!
legendary
July 01, 2016, 07:38:34 PM
Donate more TRC to the foundation! More powerful foundation is, more valuable Terracoin will become soon! I would recommend everyone to donate 5% of their TRC-savings. It's not painful now but this kind of action show your support - the most needed thing for the rebirth. I only have about 10k and just sent 500 TRC. Not much, but something. I also think that we (as a foundation) could accumulate some BTC for promotion and trading support.

Thanks man!  Everything helps!

Remember to use the TRC Foundation's general donations address, not the old developers address.

Ours is:
12bTKJL3UiypnVQMyFXg7eCJudAyAtgh6p

The current total is: 15714.0096 TRC
legendary
July 01, 2016, 07:34:14 PM

I don't like this website name. How about terracoin.io? This is much professional and tech savvy.
Or terraco.in Or terracoin.org or terracoin.net.

I don't know how I missed this post.  I actually missed a couple of them.

I paid for terracoin.info for 5 years because I am serious about this project.

terracoin.org is taken by the original developer.
terracoin.net is $600 for one year.
terracoin.io is possible, but that is another $60 out of my pocket for 1 year, and I am still not sold on .io being tech savvy.
I don't like terraco.in.

I have a back order in on both terracoin.com and terracoin.org as well.

If everyone want to go for terracoin.io we will need to gather $60 worth of TRC in the foundations coffers for that, though right now I think we should spend our TRC on any developer charges.

I have personally already spent ≈$334 USD and over 75k of TRC, so you know I am serious about supporting and improving TRC and the TRC Foundation. Smiley

In other news mrbodz said he would help out on the wallet for a small fee.  We are so close to the finish line with this thing!!
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
July 01, 2016, 06:59:33 PM
 This coin will break the ice someday. Remember my words.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
July 01, 2016, 10:32:38 AM
 Terracoin  Kiss. Greetings from the Past   Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
July 01, 2016, 05:23:50 AM
 Hmmm... Actual distribution is not that bad... https://bchain.info/TRC/rich/ . I hope top-3 accounts ( especially cryptsy cold wallet ) are disappeared into the void. Would love to see whales to cash out right now, not dumping when terracoin will take off again!
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
July 01, 2016, 01:05:57 AM
Is this 18BNtyDWaxgeD6TNhcFoURHfLdQLS3xyUH craptsy's cold wallet?
And this 1EsUMf87rUsgFi9snjWNBPitwtEUM5FxuF, seems he starts to cash?
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
June 30, 2016, 09:06:08 AM
 Donate more TRC to the foundation! More powerful foundation is, more valuable Terracoin will become soon! I would recommend everyone to donate 5% of their TRC-savings. It's not painful now but this kind of action show your support - the most needed thing for the rebirth. I only have about 10k and just sent 500 TRC. Not much, but something. I also think that we (as a foundation) could accumulate some BTC for promotion and trading support.
Activity: 1
June 30, 2016, 06:54:52 AM
Should we start web-design contest for the website ?

We are so close to finishing stage 1 of the wallet that we are going to concentrate on that until we have finished, then a web-design contest sounds good.  You are talking about this website, right?  terracoin.info

I don't like this website name. How about terracoin.io? This is much professional and tech savvy.

I agree... terracoin.info sounds very cheap and associated with scam sites
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
June 30, 2016, 07:09:50 AM
 I suppose a slogan would be very appropriate for this resurrected community-driven coin. Like 'Terracoin. Overcoming all challenges'. And, of course, another contest might be nice.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
June 30, 2016, 04:02:36 AM

We are so close to finishing stage 1 of the wallet that we are going to concentrate on that until we have finished, then a web-design contest sounds good.  You are talking about this website, right?  terracoin.info

legendary
June 29, 2016, 11:40:20 PM

Activity: 136
June 29, 2016, 07:49:58 PM
legendary
June 28, 2016, 09:33:44 PM

Did you try contacting mrbodz or domob?

I think any dev who has worked on merge mining sha256 coins will gladly help out - maybe for a small fee.

I haven't tried contacting them.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I will contact them now.
Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong
June 28, 2016, 04:07:30 PM

I think it would be wiser to get a dev who is familiar with auxpow & sha256 to do the code changes or it could get messy.

Just a suggestion.

That would be the best option, but we are having a hard time finding one.

Did you try contacting mrbodz or domob?

I think any dev who has worked on merge mining sha256 coins will gladly help out - maybe for a small fee.
legendary
June 28, 2016, 03:28:46 PM

I think it would be wiser to get a dev who is familiar with auxpow & sha256 to do the code changes or it could get messy.

Just a suggestion.

That would be the best option, but we are having a hard time finding one.
Jump to: