Author

Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012 - page 131. (Read 408660 times)

legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
August 08, 2016, 10:37:38 PM
We are still working on the fixing the mining issues with the wallet.  Any input will help.

https://github.com/ahmedbodi/terracoin/issues/14
legendary
August 01, 2016, 11:08:53 PM

If so, someone mining with the new wallet, it will make hard-fork, right? I don't know what's your purpose to let people try out mining with the new software.
If not plan to hard-fork right now, we should only use the getblocktemplate right now, not this getauxblock. After decided to hard-fork, then use the getauxblock.

The purpose of asking people to do that is that we are testing the new code before the hard fork.  We don't want to hard fork to a broken wallet.

We also want to learn about what challenges we will be facing once the new wallet it out.  We want to have answers to questions, and we want to make the experience as painless as possible.

I appreciate your input so please try merged mining Terracoin (you only need to make it work for a minute) and tell us how it goes so we can improve the wallet.  Thanks man!
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
August 01, 2016, 10:55:32 PM
Can someone try out mining with the wallet besides p2pool?  I want to make sure the issues that we are having with p2pool are not an overall mining issue.  Thanks!
I tried to set up a MPOS pool but the stratum complained about the new wallet not understanding getblocktemplate.

Looking at the code, the getblocktemplate call was disabled:
Code:
getblocktemplate is disabled for merge-mining, since getauxblock should
be used instead.  All blocks are required to be merge-mined, thus GBT
makes no sense.

is there a workaround for this, or has it been addressed already ?

Can getblocktemplate and getauxblock co-exist in the new wallet? If so, maybe we can enable it for now.

They both can't co-exist, sadly.

If so, someone mining with the new wallet, it will make hard-fork, right? I don't know what's your purpose to let people try out mining with the new software.
If not plan to hard-fork right now, we should only use the getblocktemplate right now, not this getauxblock. After decided to hard-fork, then use the getauxblock.
legendary
August 01, 2016, 10:41:17 PM
Can someone try out mining with the wallet besides p2pool?  I want to make sure the issues that we are having with p2pool are not an overall mining issue.  Thanks!
I tried to set up a MPOS pool but the stratum complained about the new wallet not understanding getblocktemplate.

Code:
makes no sense.

Can getblocktemplate and getauxblock co-exist in the new wallet? If so, maybe we can enable it for now.

They both can't co-exist, sadly.
legendary
August 01, 2016, 10:39:26 PM

Code:
makes no sense.

Thanks for trying that out so quick.  I can't find the email, but someone else got this error and getauxblock is what should be used because of the merged mining.  We are using the namecoin merged mining code.  I found this wiki about it.  It seems cryptic to me.   Smiley https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification

Does anyone who has merged mined with a pool or a p2pool before have an input?  We can use all the help we can get.  Thanks!  

These changes to the code are going to make the coin stronger, but there are going to be some growing pains.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
August 01, 2016, 10:32:19 PM

Code:
makes no sense.

legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
August 01, 2016, 09:18:36 PM

Code:
makes no sense.

legendary
August 01, 2016, 08:26:59 PM
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 30, 2016, 01:31:16 PM
Once the new wallet client is released, we'll begin shooting for larger exchanges as well such as Bittrex and Poloniex. With a little luck we will get in and visibility will once again skyrocket.
legendary
July 30, 2016, 01:28:47 AM
People should keep on voting for TRC on c-cex.com, TRC is now on 6th place.

I created an account on there to vote, and it wouldn't let me vote because I have a zero BTC balance.  No big deal.

They also have the website listed wrong.

This actually happened when we decided to get listed on Cryptopia.  People kept adding TRC with the wrong info.  I am not sure if it was through malice or ignorance, but it doesn't help.

The correct website is terracoin.info and this is the up to date bitcointalk forum for Terracoin.

Let's hope we get enough votes and don't get disqualified!!
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
July 30, 2016, 12:12:17 AM
People should keep on voting for TRC on c-cex.com, TRC is now on 6th place.
legendary
July 29, 2016, 02:39:04 PM
Great stuff, nice to see this coin continue it's path.

One problem, TRC doesn't work with p2pool anymore - it complains of the wallet being too old? I think something needs changing in the p2pool terracoin.py file but am not sure what.....

p3yot3 opened that issue up with Ahmed and p2pool.  I have been following what is going on.  I think we should have an answer on that in the next couple of days.

Ah, great - thanks. I was afraid I was doing something wrong..... Tongue

I've PM'd rav3n_pl, the dev of the p2pool fork I use - maybe he can give us an insight into the problem.

rav3n_pl has replied to my PM & has kindly offered to look into it, time permitting!

It looks like he updated the issue on Ahmed's github.  Thanks for contacting him!
legendary
July 29, 2016, 02:38:33 PM
Congratulations, great to see TRC back!

Dumb question maybe, does anyone know what happened to the original developer? Is there any sign or feedback from him? What about the original website terracoin.org?

He is MIA.  I tried to contact him via some old email addresses that I tracked down.  He never replied.

Someone did renew the domain name for terracoin.org so someone is paying for something.
Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong
July 29, 2016, 09:00:29 AM

One problem, TRC doesn't work with p2pool anymore - it complains of the wallet being too old? I think something needs changing in the p2pool terracoin.py file but am not sure what.....

p3yot3 opened that issue up with Ahmed and p2pool.  I have been following what is going on.  I think we should have an answer on that in the next couple of days.

I've PM'd rav3n_pl, the dev of the p2pool fork I use - maybe he can give us an insight into the problem.

rav3n_pl has replied to my PM & has kindly offered to look into it, time permitting!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
July 29, 2016, 08:51:15 AM
Congratulations, great to see TRC back!

Dumb question maybe, does anyone know what happened to the original developer? Is there any sign or feedback from him? What about the original website terracoin.org?
July 29, 2016, 08:37:41 AM
so terracoin is back? wow great. I have to buy some again  Smiley

Indeed it is. Good time to do it now before interest and difficulty increase!
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
July 29, 2016, 07:03:40 AM
so terracoin is back? wow great. I have to buy some again  Smiley
Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong
July 29, 2016, 06:57:20 AM

legendary
July 28, 2016, 10:45:50 PM

That is great! slowly but surely, this coin can already be considered vintage! I once saw this TRC trading on btc-e.com, maybe you can also ask those people there to add it back! Smiley

Yep!  BTC-E is where I first encountered TRC as well.  There has been some talk about one of the top wallets being their cold wallet.

https://bchain.info/TRC/rich/

Just wow, they are really old wallets and had no transactions for more than a year!

Yeah, most of the wallets are really old.  I wish we had a better blockchain explorer (another thing for the list after the hard fork).  I think that there is probably 1 million TRC that have been accidently burnt.  People probably got out of the game, had computer failures, didn't really care, etc.

As TRC_PR said if you look at how it is distributed it is a pretty nice spread.  If some of those wallets are cold wallets from BTC-E, Crypsty  and other exchanges then we can look forward to a steady sell off once TRC is at a good price.  I think this a good thing because it will help protect us from pump and dumps.
July 28, 2016, 10:23:48 PM

That is great! slowly but surely, this coin can already be considered vintage! I once saw this TRC trading on btc-e.com, maybe you can also ask those people there to add it back! Smiley

Yep!  BTC-E is where I first encountered TRC as well.  There has been some talk about one of the top wallets being their cold wallet.

https://bchain.info/TRC/rich/

Without looking back through historical charts, I think Terracoin peaked around $1/TRC before the collapse. The good news is, even with perceived distribution skew, or whatever "negative" history people may see, it is still more evenly distributed than many other blockchains trading at significantly higher volumes and prices.
Jump to: