Author

Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012 - page 135. (Read 408660 times)

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong
June 28, 2016, 03:25:56 PM
I burnt down the old code and we have started from scratch (well, the BTC .12 code).

We got it to compile on Ubuntu but when we open terracoin-qt it fails with an error about the genesis block.

Can someone help us?  The github is up to date here: https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0.git

Thanks!

I think it would be wiser to get a dev who is familiar with auxpow & sha256 to do the code changes or it could get messy.

Just a suggestion.
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
June 28, 2016, 03:22:12 PM
Can we promote TRC to https://alcurex.com? I found it is quite good.

That is a possibility.  I don't see where it says their requirements to get a coin added.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
June 28, 2016, 04:01:51 AM
Can we promote TRC to https://alcurex.com? I found it is quite good.
legendary
June 22, 2016, 11:16:50 PM
I burnt down the old code and we have started from scratch (well, the BTC .12 code).

We got it to compile on Ubuntu but when we open terracoin-qt it fails with an error about the genesis block.

Can someone help us?  The github is up to date here: https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0.git

Thanks!
legendary
June 22, 2016, 08:26:53 PM
I want to get Terracoin delisted from Vircurex, but before that happens I think we need a backup exchange.

Which exchanges do people recommend?

How about decentralized exchanges:
https://bitsquare.io/
http://uberpay.io/

That is an interesting idea!  We should all check those out and see what people think.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
June 21, 2016, 11:34:08 PM
I want to get Terracoin delisted from Vircurex, but before that happens I think we need a backup exchange.

How about decentralized exchanges:
https://bitsquare.io/
http://uberpay.io/

legendary
June 20, 2016, 11:31:49 PM
Compiling...compiling...compiling...
legendary
June 15, 2016, 05:31:05 PM
(...)

btc-e ?

They delisted TRC a long while ago and I doubt they would want to relist it now, or ever.
legendary
June 15, 2016, 05:30:31 PM
But how do i make a shitton of money off this though ?
cos if that's not part of the ...

yeah i'll just leave now, bye

One day people will understand that only merge mined coins are resilient coins and actually are real coins therefore because even if they are cheap they will survive much longer than most other things that are around.
I for one like merge mined coins because i think they have somewhat of a future as this coin actually proves. It's a ancient coin, still running.
Fuck the Hype-crap. Slow but real growth is much better. It's less risky.

We definitely plan on adding merge mining to TRC. Our developer is new to cryptocoins which is why everything is taking so long and why we are doing it in stages.  If you know of another developer who wants to help out with development, or in any other way, then feel free to have them contact me.

I would also suggest putting MM into the cards.  Depends on how well TRC can build up mining pool listings.  You can either move right away, which is smart Wink ... or if the hash is solid lay low as POW competitor to BTC ... zeta and digi and maza are ahead of TRC in that game play.

Dev wise.  More the better.  TRC is an original and given credence by hardcore BTC supporters, so attracting solid talent to the project is easier.  Think in terms of building a SHA256 club, it be nice to have TRC attach with others SHA256 projects and have a pool of devs ... I suggest this would be a great place for tier2 BTC devs to prove themselves and earn respect and notoriety.  More building onto the BTC core code than outright 'alt'.   

By MM I am assuming you mean merge mining, which will be add as part of stage 2.  We definitely want that as part of the code.

I am in total agreement about the pool of devs and we already have a second developer taking a look.  But the more the better.  If you can help get the word out that would be great!
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
June 15, 2016, 09:24:32 AM
(...)

btc-e ?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
June 15, 2016, 07:22:52 AM
But how do i make a shitton of money off this though ?
cos if that's not part of the ...

yeah i'll just leave now, bye

One day people will understand that only merge mined coins are resilient coins and actually are real coins therefore because even if they are cheap they will survive much longer than most other things that are around.
I for one like merge mined coins because i think they have somewhat of a future as this coin actually proves. It's a ancient coin, still running.
Fuck the Hype-crap. Slow but real growth is much better. It's less risky.

We definitely plan on adding merge mining to TRC. Our developer is new to cryptocoins which is why everything is taking so long and why we are doing it in stages.  If you know of another developer who wants to help out with development, or in any other way, then feel free to have them contact me.

I would also suggest putting MM into the cards.  Depends on how well TRC can build up mining pool listings.  You can either move right away, which is smart Wink ... or if the hash is solid lay low as POW competitor to BTC ... zeta and digi and maza are ahead of TRC in that game play.

Dev wise.  More the better.  TRC is an original and given credence by hardcore BTC supporters, so attracting solid talent to the project is easier.  Think in terms of building a SHA256 club, it be nice to have TRC attach with others SHA256 projects and have a pool of devs ... I suggest this would be a great place for tier2 BTC devs to prove themselves and earn respect and notoriety.  More building onto the BTC core code than outright 'alt'.   
legendary
June 14, 2016, 10:08:34 PM

legendary
June 14, 2016, 07:13:28 PM
I just emailed genesis-mining.com to ask them to add TRC to the site.  I want to set up a cloud mining operation to help stabilize the mining fluctuations.  If anyone has any connections feel free to PM me.  Thanks!

They said that it wasn't in their short term goals.

Does anyone know of a cloud mining operation that supports Terracoin?

There are none that are using it. Nicehash does of course support it, but that would just be the buyer choosing to point their rented power to a TRC pool.

Damn.  Well, I guess we need to start working on our own pool.
legendary
Merit: 1021
June 13, 2016, 10:28:07 PM
I just emailed genesis-mining.com to ask them to add TRC to the site.  I want to set up a cloud mining operation to help stabilize the mining fluctuations.  If anyone has any connections feel free to PM me.  Thanks!

There are none that are using it. Nicehash does of course support it, but that would just be the buyer choosing to point their rented power to a TRC pool.
legendary
June 13, 2016, 07:37:14 PM

legendary
June 09, 2016, 08:50:45 PM
legendary
Merit: 1021
June 06, 2016, 11:49:46 PM
We need to get the word out that Terracoin is also traded on Cryptopia.  It is pretty obvious from the buying pattern that lots of people still think that Vircurex is the only place to trade TRC.

We have gotten most of the major sites to update their info, but this hasn't seemed to inform the majority of Virucrex users.

Indeed, unless that is the silent owners of vircurex themselves doing the trading  Wink
legendary
June 06, 2016, 10:51:04 PM
We need to get the word out that Terracoin is also traded on Cryptopia.  It is pretty obvious from the buying pattern that lots of people still think that Vircurex is the only place to trade TRC.

We have gotten most of the major sites to update their info, but this hasn't seemed to inform the majority of Virucrex users.
legendary
June 05, 2016, 12:16:49 AM
We have set up a general donation address for the TRC Foundation. This address will be used to gather funds for upcoming events.

We only accept TRC.

12bTKJL3UiypnVQMyFXg7eCJudAyAtgh6p

I will update the OP and the website soon.
legendary
June 02, 2016, 05:41:51 PM
Coinmarket cap has updated the logo!

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/terracoin/
Jump to: