Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 28. (Read 227010 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Need a little help setting up the correct URL, Worker, and Password for litecoinpool.org
Current settings:
URL:  stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333
Worker:  the address from Core - Wallet, Receive, Request Payment.  When window appears, use the Address:
Password:  I have no information of a valid PW.

If I setup for nicehash, the antMiner connects and I can search for the Worker Address and nicehash finds it and displays my current account.
If I setup the above as one of the Workers, the antMiner Status Screen shows it to have a status of Dead.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks
LC
Activity: 52
Why is it every time they change the difficulty and it drops a few percent this guy jumps on this pool and then the next jump goes 20% actually its showing 35% now for the increase in a day or so. I know its overall hash on all LTC but this big time user comes and goes. They have some serious hash also.
   anonymous   11,168,627 Hash Power    4,078.6 LTC Per Day

I noticed this too. Everytime the difficulty changed, the next difficulty will surge. Wonder why that. That a lot of difficulty changes.

Next Difficulty Estimate   2,011,201 (+44.5%)
Perhaps he/she is pool switching like on a cycle or something. I understand there are a few different options for pool switching in some miner software settings (pool rotate, pool fail-over and such). Don't know why that miner just doesn't stay here it's a very good pool, with a well designed dashboard IMO!
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Future of Global Copyright Registration
Why is it every time they change the difficulty and it drops a few percent this guy jumps on this pool and then the next jump goes 20% actually its showing 35% now for the increase in a day or so. I know its overall hash on all LTC but this big time user comes and goes. They have some serious hash also.
   anonymous   11,168,627 Hash Power    4,078.6 LTC Per Day

I noticed this too. Everytime the difficulty changed, the next difficulty will surge. Wonder why that. That a lot of difficulty changes.

Next Difficulty Estimate   2,011,201 (+44.5%)
Activity: 238
Merit: 113
   anonymous   11,168,627 Hash Power    4,078.6 LTC Per Day
Activity: 839
Merit: 507
Is it possible that the rate in the future will go below 100%? I guess that is possible.
Yes, it is possible. For instance, if one day merged mining becomes totally worthless, the PPS ratio would certainly have to go below 100% (and probably below 99%, because you have to account for orphaned blocks etc.).

Anyway to dual mine other more profitable coins to make the rate increase?
When you say "dual mine" I think of those ASICs that (like Gridseeds) can mine two different algorithms at once. But I suppose that you're actually thinking of a system that replaces Litecoin with something else if it deems it more profitable. That's exactly what profit-switching pools do, but, as its name suggests, LitecoinPool.org is a Litecoin pool, not a profit-switching pool.
101% pps is a good payout but way before that they even give out until 108%. I hope that day will come again.

The all-time high was actually 140% in October 2014, a few weeks after Dogecoin became merge-minable. But of course, the profitability of merged mining has gone down a lot since then. Right now even 101% is very generous, considering the current market situation.

Wow 140% wish i can know mining  earlier and back to that day. Is it possible that the rate in the future will go below 100%? I guess that is possible.

One more question,
Anyway to dual mine other more profitable coins to make the rate increase?

Thanks
101% pps is a good payout but way before that they even give out until 108%. I hope that day will come again.

The all-time high was actually 140% in October 2014, a few weeks after Dogecoin became merge-minable. But of course, the profitability of merged mining has gone down a lot since then. Right now even 101% is very generous, considering the current market situation.
Since I saw no indication of other coins, like Dogecoin, I didn't know how it worked.
Just for the record, Dogecoin is mentioned both on the homepage, where the reward system is explained, and in the first post of this thread.

One thing is that I would like some variety, and not only mine Litecoin. Can you offer some suggestions as to how I would go about doing that?
Well, consider that with merged mining you are mining more than just Litecoin. If what you mean is that you don't want to be mining Litecoin all the time, or that you would like to receive payouts in something other than litecoins without going through an exchange, then I'm afraid you'll have to look for another pool.

My impression is that you would add a pool in the Antminer "Miner General Configuration" that offers different scrypt coins to mine. Then, you would configure what you mine on that pool's site.
You probably want a profit-switching pool then. By the way, keep in mind that even though you can enter 3 addresses in an Antminer's configuration panel, the miner will only be using one at a time, and the second and third addresses will only be used if the miner can't connect to the first one. (Maybe you already knew this, but I'm also mentioning it for future readers.)

I know that Internet forums are all about "gotchas." But, I was talking about the My Account section on Litecoinpool. There is no mention of Dogecoin.

I just thought it would be fun to have a variety of coins. No other reason, really. But, I certainly appreciate the pool giving out 101%. And, Litecoin is a better currency to have, anyway. I don't know how their pool compares to others on a practical basis when it comes to payouts. But, with Litecoin, I don't see other options that have been reviewed as being that great. ProHashing seems to be having problems because it sounds like they don't have the people they need to keep it going as well as they could. And, they stopped taking new registrants, anyway.

So, Litecoinpool is likely the best option for me.

101% pps is a good payout but way before that they even give out until 108%. I hope that day will come again. Dual mine better value coin perhaps.
Activity: 38
Since I saw no indication of other coins, like Dogecoin, I didn't know how it worked.
Just for the record, Dogecoin is mentioned both on the homepage, where the reward system is explained, and in the first post of this thread.

One thing is that I would like some variety, and not only mine Litecoin. Can you offer some suggestions as to how I would go about doing that?
Well, consider that with merged mining you are mining more than just Litecoin. If what you mean is that you don't want to be mining Litecoin all the time, or that you would like to receive payouts in something other than litecoins without going through an exchange, then I'm afraid you'll have to look for another pool.

My impression is that you would add a pool in the Antminer "Miner General Configuration" that offers different scrypt coins to mine. Then, you would configure what you mine on that pool's site.
You probably want a profit-switching pool then. By the way, keep in mind that even though you can enter 3 addresses in an Antminer's configuration panel, the miner will only be using one at a time, and the second and third addresses will only be used if the miner can't connect to the first one. (Maybe you already knew this, but I'm also mentioning it for future readers.)

I know that Internet forums are all about "gotchas." But, I was talking about the My Account section on Litecoinpool. There is no mention of Dogecoin.

I just thought it would be fun to have a variety of coins. No other reason, really. But, I certainly appreciate the pool giving out 101%. And, Litecoin is a better currency to have, anyway. I don't know how their pool compares to others on a practical basis when it comes to payouts. But, with Litecoin, I don't see other options that have been reviewed as being that great. ProHashing seems to be having problems because it sounds like they don't have the people they need to keep it going as well as they could. And, they stopped taking new registrants, anyway.

So, Litecoinpool is likely the best option for me.
Followed the guide and added this with my worker below it and password last .  ALso tried without the prefix as you said that antminer doesnet support that ( although it works fine on nicehash etc)
[...]
miners shows worker as DEAD

Some versions of Bitmain's software appear to accept both forms, but "litecoinpool.org:3333" (without the protocol prefix) should always work.
There haven't been any problems with the pool's servers, so the issue lies almost certainly on your end. Feel free to email screenshots to support if you'd like an extra pair of eyes to check your configuration.

Activity: 3
Followed the guide and added this with my worker below it and password last .  ALso tried without the prefix as you said that antminer doesnet support that ( although it works fine on nicehash etc)

stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333
MisterT63.L303

miners shows worker as DEAD

Tried these two as well
http://litecoinpool.org:3333
litecoinpool.org:3333

user name is MisterT63.. any help much appreciated
No, the output of merged mining also contributes to miners' rewards (otherwise how could the pool pay 101% PPS?), but rather than having a complex system with payouts on 7 different chains all payouts are made in litecoins.

Okay, I was wondering about the 101%. Since I saw no indication of other coins, like Dogecoin, I didn't know how it worked.

One thing is that I would like some variety, and not only mine Litecoin. Can you offer some suggestions as to how I would go about doing that? My impression is that you would add a pool in the Antminer "Miner General Configuration" that offers different scrypt coins to mine. Then, you would configure what you mine on that pool's site.

I thought about adding ProHashing. But, they are full up and are not taking new users.

Thanks again for your help!
So, does that mean that, in lieu of my paying a pool fee for using litecoinpool, they merge mine and keep the Dogecoin, etc. for themselves?

No, the output of merged mining also contributes to miners' rewards (otherwise how could the pool pay 101% PPS?), but rather than having a complex system with payouts on 7 different chains all payouts are made in litecoins.
[...] Thanks to merged mining, a technique that allows multiple cryptocurrencies to be mined simultaneously, it is possible to achieve PPS ratios higher than 100%. [...]

So, does that mean that, in lieu of my paying a pool fee for using litecoinpool, they merge mine and keep the Dogecoin, etc. for themselves?

Thank you for your replies and your help!
My question: I saw the first post that talked about the ability to do merged mining. I was wondering how that worked. I do not see an option for it on my Litecoinpool account page. And, I do not see an option in my Antminer configuration.

Merged mining is handled automatically on the pool's side, you don't need to do anything.
How it works is briefly explained on the pool's homepage, as well as in the FAQ and in the first post of this thread:

Since September 11, 2014, the pool supports merged mining of Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies, resulting in higher payouts than with a regular Litecoin pool.
Every valid share you submit to this pool is instantly credited to your account at the current pay-per-share (PPS) rate. This rate, expressed in litecoins, also takes into account merged-mined coins such as Dogecoin, resulting in higher payouts than a regular Litecoin pool. Thanks to merged mining, you have to pay no fee; in fact, your earnings may even be higher than with a 0-fee PPS system.
[...] Thanks to merged mining, a technique that allows multiple cryptocurrencies to be mined simultaneously, it is possible to achieve PPS ratios higher than 100%. [...]
I just got my Antminer L3+ up and running this morning. And, I am hashing away on Litecoinpool.

My question: I saw the first post that talked about the ability to do merged mining. I was wondering how that worked. I do not see an option for it on my Litecoinpool account page. And, I do not see an option in my Antminer configuration.

Could someone help me out with this? Is it possible to get Dogecoin, etc. while mining on Litecoinpool? And, is it possible to do merged mining with an L3+?

Thank you, in advance, for your help!
My L3+'s are pointed to litecoin pool but I am getting a "dead" status.  I have my LTC address.workername in the address field and workername again in the password field.
No, that's completely wrong. You should simply enter the username of one of your workers in the "Worker" field, and its password in the "Password" field.

I am not sure if this is formatted right, as the website doesn't offer a lot of support.
Sorry but I must disagree. The "Getting Started" section at the very top of the Help page tells you exactly what username and password you must use.
Activity: 4
Hello all,

My L3+'s are pointed to litecoin pool but I am getting a "dead" status.  I have my LTC address.workername in the address field and workername again in the password field.  I am not sure if this is formatted right, as the website doesn't offer a lot of support.  I will post screenshots later when I'm on the appropriate network and join the IRC to ask, but I was hoping someone had ran into this issue and there was an easy fix.
Activity: 2
hello

can someone help and tell me how can i use blocks ? or if litecoinpool  have some " rewards " how can i get it ?

thanks for attention

[/quote]
Pages:
Jump to: