Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 29. (Read 227010 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
hellow guys!
i am a new 1....

can someone tell me how i start the miners?
they do nothing

thnx for your time

greetz
Activity: 52
And what about "stratum requested work restart" on numerous pools - and since I see the wotk done, the credentials are fine, and everything works perfectly for some time then suddenly at least a ton of "stratum requested work restart" with no reason at all

If by "a ton" you mean a few times per minute then it's perfectly normal, see the FAQ.

How about a restart every few seconds? Could that normal as well? Just wondering if I should start troubleshooting my rig. It might be just a heavy workflow day, I'll keep an eye on it the next few days. This morning I'm seeing restart requests every few seconds, and my g-blades have dropped from an average of 2.8+gh/s to around 2gh/s per blade this morning!

It's fine to receive 2-3 of those messages within a few seconds. You should start worrying if you receive more than, say, 10 in one minute.
Thanks Pooler, I guess it was a heavy production weekend. the restarts seem back to normal now. Sat morning and thru yesterday yes I was seeing prob a couple dozen a min at times.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Future of Global Copyright Registration
Wow the estinated difficulty rising is scary. Next difficulty will spike till more than 40%. That is just too much.
Activity: 839
Merit: 507
And what about "stratum requested work restart" on numerous pools - and since I see the wotk done, the credentials are fine, and everything works perfectly for some time then suddenly at least a ton of "stratum requested work restart" with no reason at all

If by "a ton" you mean a few times per minute then it's perfectly normal, see the FAQ.

How about a restart every few seconds? Could that normal as well? Just wondering if I should start troubleshooting my rig. It might be just a heavy workflow day, I'll keep an eye on it the next few days. This morning I'm seeing restart requests every few seconds, and my g-blades have dropped from an average of 2.8+gh/s to around 2gh/s per blade this morning!

It's fine to receive 2-3 of those messages within a few seconds. You should start worrying if you receive more than, say, 10 in one minute.
Activity: 52

Activity: 54
Merit: 10
i'm using litecoinpool.org from 2 monts.
nice function is API
we don't need to login to check our miners.

best regards
Next Difficulty Estimate   1,272,325 (+23.3%)

is that mean by less than 3 days time we will have difficulty raised by 23%? wow thats a lot. it hurt.

what caused this to spike? the next batch of l3+ that coming from bitmain? it this continue, ltc wont be profitable to mine anymore by next year.

Could you tell me where did you check Difficulty?
Because my earnings are almost not changed - I have a little loss only - not more than about 0.03ltc/day - so there isn't 23% absolutly  Huh

U got 0.03 per day? Really? What is your hashrate? I got around 0.25 and lowest 0.210 per day.

You can check the difficulty and estimate here.

www.litecoinpool.org/stats
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

is that mean by less than 3 days time we will have difficulty raised by 23%? wow thats a lot. it hurt.

what caused this to spike? the next batch of l3+ that coming from bitmain? it this continue, ltc wont be profitable to mine anymore by next year.

Could you tell me where did you check Difficulty?
Because my earnings are almost not changed - I have a little loss only - not more than about 0.03ltc/day - so there isn't 23% absolutly  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Bitmain seems to have averaged selling a new batch of L3+ about once a month for most of a year now (the first 2-3 batches were the L3 though).

Innosilicon has sold a few batches of the A4 and the first A4+ batch should be shipping early next month.

No idea how many BW.com L21 units are in use by now.

Folks will cut back on miner purchases when the profitability drops enough.

Wow, i didnt realize how high the difficulty had gotten. The network just continues to grow and inch forward. Go Litecoin!

just a quick spike i hope. LTC not that profitable to mine right now as the price not going up. LTC still have a lot of potential to go to the moon.  Cheesy

right now the network please do not grow too fast as it is getting hard to mine
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
Wow, i didnt realize how high the difficulty had gotten. The network just continues to grow and inch forward. Go Litecoin!

RHA
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
In my case, people from Litecoinpool have found that my miners firmware requests unusually high share difficulty. I use Titan miners with Gen Tarkin mod. Earlier this request caused no problems, because the share difficulty maximum at the pool was much lower. A few days ago the maximum was increased to allow better compatibility with large mining operations. In effect my miners are getting what they ask: very high share difficulty, so they submit the shares so infrequently that the pool is unable to estimate the short-term speed of my miners. The solution/workaround is in the works.
Thank you.

Activity: 9
Current speed of my workers is reported as 0.0 kH/s instead of about 500 MH/s.
They are connected to litecoinpool and work as usual, just the speed displayed at the site is zero.
What can be a cause of it?

If the pool reports a speed of zero it means that your miner is not submitting shares. This can happen for a variety of reasons, ranging from hardware failure to software misconfiguration. Since there are many possible causes, it is hard to debug this issue without further insight. You should try to look for error messages, but unfortunately many ASIC interfaces are not very helpful in this regard.
Some of the most common problems are:
  • A bad or insufficient power supply.
  • A badly configured server URL (especially in the case of Antminers, as Bitmain's software requires one to omit the "stratum+tcp://" protocol prefix).
  • Wrong worker credentials. You must use the username and password of one of your workers, not of your account. Worker usernames are composed of two parts separated by a dot, the first part being your account username. Both usernames and passwords are case-sensitive!

thx
Activity: 9
Why are you wasting time trying to mine Script with a CPU or a GPU?

Even the GRIDSEED ASIC stuff is getting borderline on if you can mine profitably with it if you have SUPER cheap electric.

I suspect they're just too slow to compete for shares any more on most pools.

I have free electricity (and even thinking about going solar) and I am just starting to use ASIC miners, so I am first trying to see if it is a good investment to purchase better gridseeds like one with 40 chips or so ... and go for the throat.
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
Many people have the highest fees among the Litecoin pools. I encourage you to reconsider. used to be a proportional Bitcoin pool. Miners in the PPS pool are also immune to bad luck can not be deceived by the pool operators, however do not worry too much with this problem.
For several days "24-hour" speed is displayed correctly and rewards are growing, yet "Speed" is displayed as zero.

Since I cannot reproduce the issue you describe, you should send an email to support providing your username so that we can investigate.
RHA
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Current speed of my workers is reported as 0.0 kH/s instead of about 500 MH/s.
They are connected to litecoinpool and work as usual, just the speed displayed at the site is zero.
What can be a cause of it?
If the pool reports a speed of zero it means that your miner is not submitting shares. This can happen for a variety of reasons, ranging from hardware failure to software misconfiguration. Since there are many possible causes, it is hard to debug this issue without further insight. You should try to look for error messages, but unfortunately many ASIC interfaces are not very helpful in this regard.
(...)
Wrong. Both my miners are submitting shares. For several days "24-hour" speed is displayed correctly and rewards are growing, yet "Speed" is displayed as zero. "Stale shares" value is around 0.4% and "Invalid shares" is 0.00%.
The "24-hour" speed value alone is not a good indicator of work, because in case of failure I will know about it late. Occasionally I perform thermal tuning - the "Speed" display at the site is crucial for that. The values reported by miners' soft are usually misleading.
Activity: 3
Found it bad cat5 cable
Pages:
Jump to: