Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 40. (Read 227010 times)

legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth investing in a 900MH/s miner to mine scrypt as a hobby?  I'd like some opinions as to whether it's still possible to make some pocket change mining and trading.  The ROI is ~230 days on the 900MH/s miner.

I'm honestly looking for some answers with some substance.  Too many people saying no or yes, but without any information to just help a little bit.

Thank you anyone, for your knowledge.

Thats a tough call at the moment. There are some new miners set to come out "sometime". Without any real specs on them and a real date to be released it is hard to tell if its worth it to buy anything else. I assume you are looking at a few Titans to buy? If the price is right and if they work to spec it could be a good investment.

The best advice I can give is to read and try to make an informed decision. Also do not spend more than you can afford to lose. Mining is a pretty big gamble, Ive personally lost multiple times while mining - however Ive also gained other times.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth investing in a 900MH/s miner to mine scrypt as a hobby?  I'd like some opinions as to whether it's still possible to make some pocket change mining and trading.  The ROI is ~230 days on the 900MH/s miner.

I'm honestly looking for some answers with some substance.  Too many people saying no or yes, but without any information to just help a little bit.

Thank you anyone, for your knowledge.

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Hey I'm trying to mine using android with the NeoNeonMiner app but I can't get any connection to the server.  Was wondering what I'm doing wrong.
Here's the settings I entered.

Mining Server: stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org
Internet Port: 3333
Internet Protocol: stratum+tcp
Mining Protocol: scrypt
Username: SwiftyMcJ.1
Password: I put the password I created on the website for my worker
Number Of Threads: 4

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Try setting the server to us.litecoinpool.org without the stratum+tcp://
Activity: 1
Hey I'm trying to mine using android with the NeoNeonMiner app but I can't get any connection to the server.  Was wondering what I'm doing wrong.
Here's the settings I entered.

Mining Server: stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org
Internet Port: 3333
Internet Protocol: stratum+tcp
Mining Protocol: scrypt
Username: SwiftyMcJ.1
Password: I put the password I created on the website for my worker
Number Of Threads: 4

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
Thanks, that explains things.
I setup the account yesterday and pointed my A2 rigs at it to see how it works.
It was very smooth, and works well, but I wasn't sure how to get the funds out.
Thanks again  for the explanation. Ill just wait a few more hours and the button should show up.
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
Thanks ,but where can I find this button? I don't see it anywhere on the account page.
Does the button not show-up because it's < 24 hours since I started?

Correct. The manual payout button will appear when you'll be able to request a manual payout.
legendary
Thanks ,but where can I find this button? I don't see it anywhere on the account page.
Does the button not show-up because it's < 24 hours since I started?
Probably a dumb question, but I cannot seem to locate any manual payout button or link.
Is that option still available?

Yes, but if you have just set or changed your payout address, you will have to wait 24 hours before you will be able to receive a payout. This is a new security measure we've just put in place to protect our users from unauthorized account access.
legendary
Probably a dumb question, but I cannot seem to locate any manual payout button or link.
Is that option still available?
If not, do I select the 3-hour and 0.01 LTC payout option and just wait for it to be distributed?
Just wondering what the correct process is.
Is it possible to work with this pool using x11 algorithm?

No. Litecoin means the algorithm is scrypt.
Activity: 1
Hello.
Is it possible to work with this pool using x11 algorithm?
Maybe i shoudn't...

Anyone care to help?
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
Hey!
I'm trying to grab some extra cents with CPU mining on my job. But i'm having some connection problems. It looks I'm behind a firewall/proxy situation.

I've tried the proxy connection but it can't connect.

Any expert on network/communication?

Thanks!

Even with a very good CPU, you'll be lucky to make $0.05 worth of Litecoin a month. You would make more by picking up spare change in a mall parking lot.

Also, you shouldnt be mining with your employers hardware/resources without their permission if thats what you are doing.
Hey!
I'm trying to grab some extra cents with CPU mining on my job. But i'm having some connection problems. It looks I'm behind a firewall/proxy situation.

I've tried the proxy connection but it can't connect.

Any expert on network/communication?

Thanks!
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Um who is this 24GH miner at the pool?!?!?!?
New A4's?! WTF?!

hmmmm...well that 19% difficulty in LTC drop a few clicks back has to go someplace (ducks...hey don't throw stuff in the thread!) Smiley

Could be the A4's supposedly if you had enough $$$ you could order them in bulk..so best I can figure if they stick to JULY production

by the time that stuff clears out will be like Sept for us little tadpoles...

But now with BTC and LTC shooting up...the difficulty by then....my guess of 4k per unit will likely be 6k per unit..(again guess) so I may just watch this parade Smiley

By the way Gen Tarkin if I find/do a group order of these puppies (A4 Domintors) YOU SHALL GET ONE (quite frankly safety blanket wise I need you mucking with such

firmware...)

We will see I guess in the next month if nothing else IF the A4's hit the market or not

(pooler must be rubbing his hands with glee...new scrypt equipment to use his litecoinpool.............fun fun fun) Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Um who is this 24GH miner at the pool?!?!?!?
New A4's?! WTF?!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
3 days in and i found my first block, mined 8 coins so far but have hit 1 block in this pool so far, best share of 60k, thats  good luck Cheesy

http://explorer.litecoin.net/block/49bee877ab2975373f97d33236c353dc196b7f47be01b8ff38dc0b4441be68e7

EDIT: Found a second block today at 144k diff. Thats two blocks in a day at 380 MH/S, currently earned about 9 coins on this pool.  I guess though thats the nature of a pool, remove the variance : ) heres to block #3, if that happens id wish i soloed (although i would have got different work and may never have hit, i think given the size of my investment its safer to stay in a pool until ROI) I hope my two solves today helped with the pools overall luck Cheesy

EDIT: Tried another pool, went back to this one. Have mined a total of 24 LTC from this pool but hit FIVE blocks in that time I have been mining here. :O

Jacob
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I pay 9 pence per kWh in the day and 4 pence pew kWh in the night as part of a moneysupermarket sainsburys energy switch offer. But before I was on 16p/kWh day, 6p / kWh night. A KNC titan can profit with its power usage at both of these rates in the UK. Most scrypt miners if your electricity isn't free will take a LONG LONG time to ROI. Period. Some you will even mine at a loss.

The KNC Titan is the most expensive miner available on the market for  consumers which is scrypt, uses roughly 1200 - 1800w of power depending on the rig, but average selling price is around £2000 with PSUs.  But even at 16p/kWh, profit IS possible, roughly 1 year to ROI at that electricity price according to my math if you take the 6p/kWh economy 7 offer.

Be warned though without gens firmware KNC titan can be tricky little blighters to keep running, once you have set up the dies and clock rates and voltages to a good setting (this firmware mod will help greatly) then it will mine uninterrupted, and once ROIed can provide nice free heat in the winter.

The KNC titan does NOT work well on multipools in my experience as the way they change blocks and work so often to mine profitable coins.
The KNC titan works well on litecoinpool.org and this is where I am mining atm with a solo failover as my backup pool. Merged mining and multipools are different.

The £3000 you will find on ebay for a titan will fall as  they don't get a sale.

The next gen 14nm scrypt mining chips have been taped out and are looking at about a year probably based on my research before they are fully released to the public these will smoke the titan although its good for quite a few difficulty jumps. If you get a titan, be ready to sell and unload it before these chips come on sale. Don't run all dies at 325MHz at their default voltage, I run most at 325MHz with optimized lower voltages. You want something that 1. Lasts and 2. Can be resold after you've ROIed.

Currently LTC difficulty is low, I wouldn't delay in starting to mine, but unless your power is free or really cheap, no other rig apart from the titan will do you justice, I have spent hours and weeks researching them all. No other miner will profit unless electricity is cheap or low.

KNC titan uses 1400w on average. 320 MH/s (mine gives me 360 after setting most dies to 325 and voltage tweaks for the same wattage which is done in software these tweaks).

Imnosilicon A2. 1000w on average. 110 MH/s. Want the same hashrate as the titan roughly? Have 3 at 3000w. Double the power usage. If your power is free, the A2 will be the  cheaper option slightly. The A2 can still profit, but the margins are much  lower than the titan. I would hazard a guess, but do not take this at face value that the titan will be profitable for 1 more scrypt hardware generation for a while. At 16p per kWh it would take the difficulty to double before mining at a loss. at 10p /kWh at double the current difficulty, it will still mine at an £80 a month profit a my hashrate of 360. So the titan has some life left in it. Don't pay some of the crazy ebay prices for an A2.

BUT then there is the factor of litecoin price. £2.67 currently/ coin, they are very stable in price but with the bitcoin halving, we do not know what will happen to it yet.

The titan is much more profitable than the best bitcoin rig currently on the market for the consumers, which is the Antminer S7. Getting one of those you might as well flush the money down the loo.
I see that my processor doesn't put out much compared to what is needed anymore to make a decent profit. Am I allowed to use outside hardware to contribute? Does any hardware work with the easyminer?

CPU and GPU mining are now of course no longer profitable, and ASICs are the only viable option. This is illustrated in our Beginner's Guide. Regarding your last question, different hardware may require different software.
Pages:
Jump to: