Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 39. (Read 227010 times)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
it is at the pool or have a problem that is broken?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I'm doing some research work on Litecoin and Bitcoin and herefore would require the litecoinpool coinbase signature, or a list of all mined blocks (if such is publicly available).

A list of the last 10 blocks found by the pool is available here. We don't use any particular coinbase signature, but as you can see the coinbase address is pretty stable.

Ahh, yes the address. Great, thanks!

Do you have any info on the mined dogecoin blocks?
Activity: 839
Merit: 507
I'm doing some research work on Litecoin and Bitcoin and herefore would require the litecoinpool coinbase signature, or a list of all mined blocks (if such is publicly available).

A list of the last 10 blocks found by the pool is available here. We don't use any particular coinbase signature, but as you can see the coinbase address is pretty stable.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi,

I'm new here, so sorry if this question does not belong here.

It would be a great help, if someone could provide this information!

Thanks in advance,

asz2016
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
Great Pool, been using it for a while.

Question I have: is there a place to find the current list of merged coins being mined that result in the higher PPS?

I'm just curious to know which coins are being used to result in this higher payout beyond DOGE coin.

Right now we are mining Dogecoin, Viacoin, Pesetacoin, Argentum and Huntercoin.
We don't maintain a public list, but consider that many merged-mined coins come and go pretty quickly.

Thanks for this insight, much appreciated.

Question I have: is there a place to find the current list of merged coins being mined that result in the higher PPS?

I'm just curious to know which coins are being used to result in this higher payout beyond DOGE coin.

Right now we are mining Dogecoin, Viacoin, Pesetacoin, Argentum and Huntercoin.
We don't maintain a public list, but consider that many merged-mined coins come and go pretty quickly.
Activity: 952
Merit: 508

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550
Got it fixed with help from pool support.   I had my clock rate too high
I have a question using the https://www.litecoinpool.org/minerconfig
It doesn't seem to have my exact card, which is an AMD Radeon HD 6410 D.  Does it need to be the exact card?
Also, how do we know what intensity we want to chose?
I am getting a frequency of 975 and a rate of about twice of what is showing up in my litecoinpool panel. 
That page is old and not maintained anymore. (And as far as I know it is not linked from anywhere on the pool's website.)
To answer your question, setting up a GPU for Litecoin mining involved a lot of trial and error. It was almost more of an art than a science.
As stated on the Help page, the pool has officially stopped offering assistance to GPU miners, as it would only be a waste of time and energy for everybody involved.

How long does "stratum from pool 0 requested work restart" usually last? I know what it means, but should we even have our asic machines running when this is going on, just as far as wear and electricity?  Is it all of litecoinpool.org that is getting it, or should I configure my machine differently?
Getting that message 2-3 times per minute is perfectly normal. It does not depend on your setup, and despite what some people think it does not imply anything negative. It just means that the pool sent you new work.

I'm running at 414 Kh/s consistently and only getting credited for 152 Kh/s.  I get all 0's at the end of my statement in the CMD box as it's processing, which I heard is a sign that I'm right on my side.
I'm using
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u brainstormer.1 -p 1    --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=975,chips=5 --hotplug 5
with a Gridseed Orb.   Please someone give some support on this because something isn't right.
Sounds like hardware errors. If possible, send us a screenshot of cgminer.
As for the cause, with Gridseeds the power source is very often the culprit, so you may want to check that first.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
just signed up and pointed miners here.

wow...awesome pool.  great stats, easy setup, fast recognition of rigs....I kind of feel like an ass not mining here sooner.

nice
I'm running at 414 Kh/s consistently and only getting credited for 152 Kh/s.  I get all 0's at the end of my statement in the CMD box as it's processing, which I heard is a sign that I'm right on my side.

I'm using

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u brainstormer.1 -p 1    --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=975,chips=5 --hotplug 5

with a Gridseed Orb.   Please someone give some support on this because something isn't right.
How long does "stratum from pool 0 requested work restart" usually last? I know what it means, but should we even have our asic machines running when this is going on, just as far as wear and electricity?  Is it all of litecoinpool.org that is getting it, or should I configure my machine differently?
I have a question using the https://www.litecoinpool.org/minerconfig

It doesn't seem to have my exact card, which is an AMD Radeon HD 6410 D.  Does it need to be the exact card?
Also, how do we know what intensity we want to chose?

I am getting a frequency of 975 and a rate of about twice of what is showing up in my litecoinpool panel. 
very new ... and I'm sure its been asked and answered but the amount of data is overwhelming and I have been looking but cant figure it out. I'm running bfgminer on A8-8650b + XFX HD 5450 (I know its not a very good setup but I'm just trying to understand things before I start getting better cards) ... anywho ... i connect to the pool using
Code:
bfgminer -S opencl:auto -L bfglog -g 1 --url=stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 --userpass=.1:1
[...]
the thing is, all my shares are invalid (14 invalid - 100%) ?! any pointers to why?

You're probably using the wrong hashing algorithm. The correct one for Litecoin is called "scrypt". If I remember correctly bfgminer has a --scrypt flag for this.

Anyway, let me point out for the umpteenth time that GPU mining is completely pointless nowadays. If you haven't already, I suggest you read this. GPU mining is simply too slow and inefficient to be anywhere near profitable. In addition, it can be very hard to set up correctly, much more so than an ASIC, and this makes its usefulness as a tool for beginners to "get started" questionable to say the least.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
very new ... and I'm sure its been asked and answered but the amount of data is overwhelming and I have been looking but cant figure it out. I'm running bfgminer on A8-8650b + XFX HD 5450 (I know its not a very good setup but I'm just trying to understand things before I start getting better cards) ... anywho ... i connect to the pool using

Code:
bfgminer -S opencl:auto -L bfglog -g 1 --url=stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 --userpass=.1:1

and this is what i have (not very sure I understand all these numbers yet)

Connected to litecoinpool.org diff 4 with stratum as user xxxxxxxxx.1
 Block: ...5ba66fcb81c14fb4  Diff:55.3k (396.2Gh/s)  Started: [19:35:01]
 ST:2  F:0  NB:8  AS:0  BW:[ 23/  2 B/s]  E:0.00  I: 0.00 BTC/hr  BS:17
 2      75.5C | 76.66/76.57/ 0.00Mh/s | A:0 R:1+0(100%) HW:0/none
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 OCL 0: 13.0C | 65.16/65.08/22.26Mh/s | A:0 R:0+0(none) HW:0/none
 OCL 1: 74.5C | 11.49/11.49/ 0.00Mh/s | A:0 R:1+0(100%) HW:0/none

the thing is, all my shares are invalid (14 invalid - 100%) ?! any pointers to why?
Ah, the help file on the site really does help!    Smiley    Got it running.
I just got my gridseed orb about 30 minutes ago and I joined your pool.  I am using cgminer.  I haven't compiled the wallet yet, it's almost done.
I am new to mining but not to dos and batch files.  

This is the ready made batch file I'm using:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u yourworker.1 -p password --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=975,chips=5 --hotplug 5

Not really sure how to tweak it to work with the litecoinpool.  I am grateful for any help.

Message deleted.

I just got my gridseed orb about 30 minutes ago and I joined your pool.  I am using cgminer.  I haven't compiled the wallet yet, it's almost done.
I am new to mining but not to dos and batch files.  

This is the ready made batch file I'm using:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u yourworker.1 -p password --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=975,chips=5 --hotplug 5

Not really sure how to tweak it to work with the litecoinpool.  I am grateful for any help.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth investing in a 900MH/s miner to mine scrypt as a hobby?  I'd like some opinions as to whether it's still possible to make some pocket change mining and trading.  The ROI is ~230 days on the 900MH/s miner.

I'm honestly looking for some answers with some substance.  Too many people saying no or yes, but without any information to just help a little bit.

Thank you anyone, for your knowledge.

Don't know of any legit not a scam 900mh miners for scrypt. If it is a mess of KNC Titans or the new A4's coming out use the below calc is best bet imho

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15534011

but again ..lots of scams out there on equipment so watch out. There is an A4 group buy for 280mh units by innsilicon that is a scary pre-order and only 90 day warranty
but timeline wise it is iffy on when it may come out fyi.

I have a A2 terminator
is it worth mining litecoin and then tradig for bitcoin or just use clevermining and let them do all the work?

use this calculator (you don't have to be part of the pool for it to work)

www.litecoinpool.org/calc

I know a buddy had 1ike 11c kwh electric who sold his on ebay said it was not worth doing. But best to do the calcs
with your own electric use and watts etc etc

Activity: 772
Merit: 261
I have a A2 terminator
is it worth mining litecoin and then tradig for bitcoin or just use clevermining and let them do all the work?
Pages:
Jump to: