Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 38. (Read 227010 times)

Activity: 839
Merit: 507
pooler,

do you plan to support segwit?

From a technical viewpoint, our pool software is ready to handle Segwit.

If you are asking whether I personally support Segwit, I currently prefer to remain neutral. If the activation will really be at 75%, we probably won't have a say anyway, given that the top 3 Chinese pools control over 3/4 of the hash power.
Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
pooler,

do you plan to support segwit?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Right now we are mining Dogecoin, Viacoin, Pesetacoin, Argentum and Huntercoin.
We don't maintain a public list, but consider that many merged-mined coins come and go pretty quickly.

why not keep a public list here in the OP?

Done.

I'd like to see 2 things.. maybe

1) raise the max amount to 75 or 100 LTC

May I ask why? The current maximum threshold of 50 LTC already seems pretty high to me; and even if your mining operation is extremely fast, you always have the option to only receive payments every 24 hours. Please keep in mind that it is against the Terms of Service to use pool accounts for value storage.

2) option to pay out in BTC

Sorry, by design the pool has always been pretty Litecoin-centric, so I doubt that is ever going to happen.

Not a big deal..just 50 means it hits every 2 days....on my setup.....and I usually hoard for a bit...was a tweak I thought worth noting. That and the fact
before halving of LTC and at lower prices it was still 50 coin. Just thought with halving and price less here a few years later you could raise the bar.
Was nothing as notorious as to use pool accounts for value storage (not even sure how you could do that with 50 ltc limit..confused?)

anyway not a big deal that was the direction I was coming from Smiley

Having the option to store more coins on a pool opens the door to the possibility to more attacks. As an extreme example, say 1000 users each with 100LTC sitting on the pool. At $4 per LTC thats $400,000 in coins just sitting there. Compare that to if the limit was LOWERED to say 10LTC, same 1000 users and now the total value is only $4,000. If Im a hacker and going to risk getting into a system, it better be for major profits. $4,000 isnt worth it.

True.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
We don't maintain a public list, but consider that many merged-mined coins come and go pretty quickly.

Done.

May I ask why? The current maximum threshold of 50 LTC already seems pretty high to me; and even if your mining operation is extremely fast, you always have the option to only receive payments every 24 hours. Please keep in mind that it is against the Terms of Service to use pool accounts for value storage.

Sorry, by design the pool has always been pretty Litecoin-centric, so I doubt that is ever going to happen.

Not a big deal..just 50 means it hits every 2 days....on my setup.....and I usually hoard for a bit...was a tweak I thought worth noting. That and the fact
before halving of LTC and at lower prices it was still 50 coin. Just thought with halving and price less here a few years later you could raise the bar.
Was nothing as notorious as to use pool accounts for value storage (not even sure how you could do that with 50 ltc limit..confused?)

Having the option to store more coins on a pool opens the door to the possibility to more attacks. As an extreme example, say 1000 users each with 100LTC sitting on the pool. At $4 per LTC thats $400,000 in coins just sitting there. Compare that to if the limit was LOWERED to say 10LTC, same 1000 users and now the total value is only $4,000. If Im a hacker and going to risk getting into a system, it better be for major profits. $4,000 isnt worth it.
copper member
Clueless!

Done.

Done.

copper member
Clueless!
Great Pool, been using it for a while.

Question I have: is there a place to find the current list of merged coins being mined that result in the higher PPS?

I'm just curious to know which coins are being used to result in this higher payout beyond DOGE coin.

[i wasted 20 mins looking around for that basic tidbit of info]

(ducks as OP tosses stuff in bitcointalk at me) Smiley

but the 100 LTC rise would be nice...its not like its 10 buck LTC anymore Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Great Pool, been using it for a while.

Question I have: is there a place to find the current list of merged coins being mined that result in the higher PPS?

I'm just curious to know which coins are being used to result in this higher payout beyond DOGE coin.

[i wasted 20 mins looking around for that basic tidbit of info]
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
Does litecoinpool have an API, and if so, where can I find the info on it?

There is a read-only JSON-based API, see the link on your account page. The fields should be self-describing, if you need clarifications feel free to ask.

Thanks, my bad for not going to the bottom of the page...

There is a read-only JSON-based API, see the link on your account page. The fields should be self-describing, if you need clarifications feel free to ask.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
I checked the HELP and FAQ pages, but didn't see anything.
does the litecoinpool calculator www.litecoinpool.org/calc INCLUDE the 3% bonus or should a person add that afterwards?

Yes, the expected rewards are computed base on the current PPS rate.
copper member
Clueless!
I think I asked this before..but here goes

does the litecoinpool calculator www.litecoinpool.org/calc INCLUDE the 3% bonus or should a person add that afterwards?

Appreciate the free pool, just wondering Smiley

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

Given the data I presented above, I am pretty confident that this is not a pool-side issue. Other users have been mining just fine in the past 24 hours.
yeah ... only pool at the rate of 10 GH / s ...  Smiley
okay. no more questions.
p.s. th ... More minus 20 ... everything is working. Grin
This leads me to believe that the problem probably lies somewhere between the pool and your miners.

only LTC? with other coins and pools are no problems.

Given the data I presented above, I am pretty confident that this is not a pool-side issue. Other users have been mining just fine in the past 24 hours.
This leads me to believe that the problem probably lies somewhere between the pool and your miners.

only LTC? with other coins and pools are no problems.
it just seems ... for two days like this ...
every five minutes...

I just checked the logs. One of the two servers on the East Cost has shown some very mild connectivity issues in the last 24 hours, but all the other servers appear to have had no problems at all. In particular, each server shows a very stable hash rate over the same period, and no statistically significant drop in the number of connected clients was observed. This leads me to believe that the problem probably lies somewhere between the pool and your miners.
after a few minutes...  Undecided
it is at the pool or have a problem that is broken?

Everything seems to be working fine here.
it just seems ... for two days like this ...
every five minutes...

it is at the pool or have a problem that is broken?

Everything seems to be working fine here.
Pages:
Jump to: