Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 144. (Read 576774 times)

ssi
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
One of the selling points was a "fork" of cgminer (I am a mod on IRC #cgminer and do testing of cgminer). Well established and always forked.

The software chainminer using "getwork" REALLY,  it seems even a year after it's release, you have a patch work solution for stratum, the major protocol of mining pools.

chainminer has no relation to cgminer. Putin's comments on he'll work on it when he can, shows his priorities.

I asked specifically if Dave was sending a board to Con and Kano and he said he would, he didn't, guess it's another fail or bad decision.

I'm working on a mining client written in Go to support my bitfury miners which have additional I2C hardware and bank switching which requires slightly different code than chainminer.  It will support bfsb-style miners as well.  Are you or anyone else interested in getting involved with the project?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I appreciate you trying Dave, but time is money my friend and I'm gonna be out at least 10btc in mining now.

Maybe you can compensate some of us with more H cards or let us buy more h cards?  I am not trying to be mean, I am just keeping a business perspective.  I also volunteer to help with investing, chip packaging, logistics or IT infrastructure management.

This would make you guys my #1 store for repeat business.

Very Respectfully,

GreaterNinja
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
I paid for my August order! Which currently sits in Dave's Datacenter hashing away.

good for you!

Funny how you make an accusation and fail to apologize when you are wrong!

The real pain is having my BFL order that was placed 14 months ago finally get shipped today only fulfilling 1/3 of the order.

OUCH!

What does that have to do with anything in this discussion? I'm still waiting for 2 more orders from BFL and got piss poor performing units from them.

Dave's choice to host devices for those that have yet to receive their order for free is not the best choice in your opinion. Factor that he is using btc guild and that it may not be the best use of the hardware has also been expressed.

I can see your point of view. Indeed it may seem the simple choice would be to deliver those devices and be done with it.

However I think what Dave is doing is attempting to appease both the customer you/me and the shareholders for who this hardware was originally intended.

I would not be surprised if those that still have not gotten their equipment will not get extra ontop of the BTC that is being mined via Dave's free hosting option. dictated solution.

I think his choice to point that hardware at btcguild.com was the best option as they have the best support network 24/7, I would like to note that I am also pointing my units at btc guild and have gained 18% more bitcoin doing so the last 24 hours then normal) The reason is simple. It gives the most accurate reading and has by far managed the private anti DOS network to maximize the uptime of that hardware.

Finally as to the issue with cgminer and this particular use of the bit fury chips. I have spoken with ckolivas and informed him that I would provide access to one of the units for his testing.

However he mentioned that at this time the GPIO is not conducive to the uniformity and standardization that cgminer is about. At this time it seems best to wait until punin or others incorporates a usb controller of sorts for this product so we can bypass the raspberry pi.

Again I am sure that Dave will do everything possible to make sure we get the best ROI given the situation at hand.

From past experiences in other emergency situations like this, when you are in the thick of the issue expending all your energy and time to resolve problems day in and day out, you are bound to make choices that may not seem to be the best solution from an onlooker not on the ground. It may very well be a bad choice in customer relations while attempting to please the shareholder.

However given the track record I would not be surprised those with late orders get further compensation in one form or another.

Edit: In the spirit of disclosure I do not hold any investments with any public centralized mining operations at this time. This includes, and not limited to, 100TH, ASICminer, and LabRat data processing.

Activity: 988
I paid for my August order! Which currently sits in Dave's Datacenter hashing away.

good for you!

The real pain is having my BFL order that was placed 14 months ago finally get shipped today only fulfilling 1/3 of the order.

OUCH!

What does that have to do with anything in this discussion? I'm still waiting for 2 more orders from BFL and got piss poor performing units from them.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

good for you!

OUCH!

good for you!

Funny how you make an accusation and fail to apologize when you are wrong! Kano tried to pay for a starter unit and was told no.
wow, you're right. The pool is PPS with 7.5% fees, which is absolutely insane.
He is on PPLNS(3% fee), since he is also getting NMC. Only PPLNS gives merged mining NMC.

And how is that a justification for using paid for and non-delivered hardware for his own purposes instead of walking his talk.
It wasn't a justification, it was just to ease the pain a little bit (7,5% versus 3%).

The real "pain" is that he is using hardware that was paid for and not shipped to customers at a greater than 16 to 1 ratio from what he is compensating people who are waiting.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

good for you!

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
He is on PPLNS(3% fee), since he is also getting NMC. Only PPLNS gives merged mining NMC.

And how is that a justification for using paid for and non-delivered hardware for his own purposes instead of walking his talk.
It wasn't a justification, it was just to ease the pain a little bit (7,5% versus 3%).
August deliveries is what we are talking about! Your right. You are not punin, so stop talking for him.

no, we are talking about you trying to get some sample hardware before all customers are served with existing/working software solution.

legendary
August deliveries is what we are talking about! Your right. You are not punin, so stop talking for him.

no, we are talking about you trying to get some sample hardware before all customers are served with existing/working software solution.
You said "suppose", the fact is you do not actually know. He has delivered all the product to his customer, He has his mine running, that might be his "other priorities right now".

yes I did say that, because I am not punin.

And no, he didnt deliver to all his customers, he only did august shipment. much more work ahead.

try harder.

August deliveries is what we are talking about! Your right, you are not punin, so stop talking for him.

We managed to put up 10TH in un-optimized rigs today.  We fought networking gremlins early in the day, but still put together almost 50 rigs.  Tomorrow we'll swap out bad cards and should see another 5TH (reaching 35TH total for the mine).  More team members arrive tomorrow, so I hope to hit that 60TH mark.

Cheers,
Dave

Yes - 50 Rigs - how many outstanding orders - 53

legendary
You said "suppose", the fact is you do not actually know. He has delivered all the product to his customer, He has his mine running, that might be his "other priorities right now".

yes I did say that, because I am not punin. I saw the hashes he was getting with cgminer and I cant find a reason why he wouldnt continue to work on it, and provide support.

And no, he didnt deliver to all his customers, he only did august shipment. much more work ahead.

try harder.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
Punin is working on cgminer implementation.

Is he going to support it going forward?

I suppose he will. He actually managed to get it hashing, but have other priorities right now.
lol - you basically just said "No"

No, I said that he has to deliever products to his customers first, and then provide support.
legendary

I suppose he will. He actually managed to get it hashing, but have other priorities right now.

No, I said that he has to deliever products to his customers first, and then provide support.

Exactly as I stated.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

legendary

Jump to: