Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 170. (Read 576775 times)

Activity: 631
Merit: 500
ATTENTION!!! PLEASE PERFORM OPTICAL INSPECTION OF BOARDS YOU'VE RECEIVED!! THERE HAVE BEEN REPORTS OF SOLDERING ERRORS! I WILL SEND INSTRUCTIONS TO DO THIS SHORTLY!!

Sad

Trouble from our friends across the pond.
I was saying this few days ago. It was visible at photos that Niko posted.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3020099

Yeah, I see that blob of solder on the chip (http://i.imgur.com/OYoZ6tw.jpg?1 second from bottom right)...though those pins are all VDD I think, so it doesn't matter, but still an ugly job.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Did anyone in the US receive their boards?
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
ATTENTION!!! PLEASE PERFORM OPTICAL INSPECTION OF BOARDS YOU'VE RECEIVED!! THERE HAVE BEEN REPORTS OF SOLDERING ERRORS! I WILL SEND INSTRUCTIONS TO DO THIS SHORTLY!!

Sad

I was saying this few days ago. It was visible at photos that Niko posted.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3020099
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

Sad

Activity: 692
Merit: 500
It is an imperfect world where BFL gets a write up on arstechnica and you don't.

God bless you Dave.

The goal is to deliver the advertised hashrate.  My approach will be somewhat different than Nikos.  As we evaluate each board, it gets a rating.  For 400 G kits, you will get two rigs that do about 200G (most of the time its higher).  This may take a total of 18 - 20 H-boards. 

For starter kits its actually easier for us to pull out the 25G rated boards and ship those as singles.  I'm less likely to throw two 20G boards at you, since I have a lot of product and a fair number of 25G cards. 

As I explained in the previous post, all rigs may receive a EOL card that has say 10G, plus one or more 20-30G cards that have no problems.  So basically you will get at least what you paid for and possibly more, but I can't guarantee it.

Thanks for the clarification Dave. Good luck with getting those kits out this week.
Activity: 182
The goal is to deliver the advertised hashrate.  My approach will be somewhat different than Nikos.  As we evaluate each board, it gets a rating.  For 400 G kits, you will get two rigs that do about 200G (most of the time its higher).  This may take a total of 18 - 20 H-boards. 

For starter kits its actually easier for us to pull out the 25G rated boards and ship those as singles.  I'm less likely to throw two 20G boards at you, since I have a lot of product and a fair number of 25G cards. 

As I explained in the previous post, all rigs may receive a EOL card that has say 10G, plus one or more 20-30G cards that have no problems.  So basically you will get at least what you paid for and possibly more, but I can't guarantee it.

Thanks for the clarification Dave. Good luck with getting those kits out this week.
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Activity: 462
Free World
Is it possible to post some pics of the miners before they get shipped out?

or those people who got their miners in EU to post some pics?

It will greatly increase interest of consumers for the product...

Activity: 408

Has Dave even confirmed that Starter Kits will be getting an extra H Board?  I know Punin has said that in the EU thread but I don't recall Dave saying the same thing.

I think only for 400Gh/s orders.

False. It applies to any order regardless of kit type so that you'll get at least the hashrate that you paid for per as Dave explained before.

Example: in the EU site a guy ordered 2 kits in the same order, one kit for 400 gh and a 25 gh starter kit.
Since he technically bought 2 separate kits and Bitfury can't force him to treat them a single kit, he got: 2 M-boards, 2 H-boards for the 25 Gh/s kit and 21 h-boards for the 400 Gh/s kit (based on whatever true hashrate those boards actually yielded). Hope that clarifies.

Maybe start from here did I read it right some buyers get 25Gh/s starter kit with 2 Hboards.

link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.660

Yes. You are not dreaming :p. As I said, 25 Gh/s kits are being delivered with 2 h-boards until they deliver the correct hashrate.
Activity: 420

Has Dave even confirmed that Starter Kits will be getting an extra H Board?  I know Punin has said that in the EU thread but I don't recall Dave saying the same thing.

False. It applies to any order regardless of kit type so that you'll get at least the hashrate that you paid for per as Dave explained before.

Example: in the EU site a guy ordered 2 kits in the same order, one kit for 400 gh and a 25 gh starter kit.
Since he technically bought 2 separate kits and Bitfury can't force him to treat them a single kit, he got: 2 M-boards, 2 H-boards for the 25 Gh/s kit and 21 h-boards for the 400 Gh/s kit (based on whatever true hashrate those boards actually yielded). Hope that clarifies.

Maybe start from here did I read it right some buyers get 25Gh/s starter kit with 2 Hboards.

link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.660
Activity: 408

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
We will know soon enough.  The first confirmed shipment was for a starter kit.
Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

thanks for the update! Will starter kits be seeing 35-40ghash total like the punin customers? Also, can you add any info for the basic shipping to canada? its been brought up a few times but i dont think there has been a firm answer

Thanks for the update.

While I really appreciate Dave topping up hashrates due to out of low spec boards ... it's too bad that the full kit orders end up paying more $ per GH than the starter kits ($48/GH vs $32/GH). It would be nice if Dave would consider giving the full kit orders a few extra boards beyond what's needed to hit 400 GH/s.
Sounds a bit entitled. hes giving what people ordered and people will still find a way to be unhappy and ask for more. starter kits cant get anymore hcards for august so you have an advantage over them by having more hash power on hand

Not unhappy or whining. Just stating the facts. Starter kits are getting more bang for the buck. That's all.

he said that the 400GH kit would be split as 2 8-board kits (each probably coming with 2 extra boards for hashrate correction), so you are actually getting an m-board and RPi for free if im not mistaken. that sounds better then the lonely extra 15Gh the starters get

Has Dave even confirmed that Starter Kits will be getting an extra H Board?  I know Punin has said that in the EU thread but I don't recall Dave saying the same thing.

He did, indirectly, here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3019582
Activity: 420
Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

thanks for the update! Will starter kits be seeing 35-40ghash total like the punin customers? Also, can you add any info for the basic shipping to canada? its been brought up a few times but i dont think there has been a firm answer

Thanks for the update.

While I really appreciate Dave topping up hashrates due to out of low spec boards ... it's too bad that the full kit orders end up paying more $ per GH than the starter kits ($48/GH vs $32/GH). It would be nice if Dave would consider giving the full kit orders a few extra boards beyond what's needed to hit 400 GH/s.
Sounds a bit entitled. hes giving what people ordered and people will still find a way to be unhappy and ask for more. starter kits cant get anymore hcards for august so you have an advantage over them by having more hash power on hand

Not unhappy or whining. Just stating the facts. Starter kits are getting more bang for the buck. That's all.

he said that the 400GH kit would be split as 2 8-board kits (each probably coming with 2 extra boards for hashrate correction), so you are actually getting an m-board and RPi for free if im not mistaken. that sounds better then the lonely extra 15Gh the starters get

Has Dave even confirmed that Starter Kits will be getting an extra H Board?  I know Punin has said that in the EU thread but I don't recall Dave saying the same thing.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

Activity: 158
Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

Deal with it and move on?  Jeesh.
Hi guys -

More tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.

Jump to: