Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 232. (Read 576776 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 547
BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more
Has anyone found a source for the H-board heatsinks yet, or will it be a custom job?

Iam going to order a few for test purposes , but only single chips heat sinks with dimensions of ~10x10x5mm for mounting with 3m pads.

Dont know if it makes sense to make a whole heat sink plate?

If yes, i could propably design such a plate.

regards
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
***LOW STOCK WARNING***

I've got an accurate stock count for July 10pc Cut Tape stock.  I will have 210 chips left after I ship the current orders (stock arrives in a few days).  If you want chips this may be your last chance until October.  Tytus will use the remaining chips for production boards...

Is there a source for the bare pcb?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Has anyone found a source for the H-board heatsinks yet, or will it be a custom job?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
I don't understand the pricing on the 25Gh unit delevered in October. It is the same price as the 25Gh delivered in August, that doesn't make since to me.

For instance, 2.5 months from now with a %1.2417 increase of the network per day, it makes its ROI in 248 days. Which I admit isn't horrible, however I am risking $1300 to make $56 profit in a year.

However, if you are the slightest bit late... say you ship in 3 months (which is more likely than most would like to admit)... then 25Gh for August delivery NEVER break even at the rate of the last 10 difficulty increases.

Yet, the 400Gh unit for October delivery makes bank.. much better ROI. Again, the pricing there doesn't make since to me. Shouldn't the ASIC's price be somewhat proportionate to the speed of the ASIC with a slight discount for purchasing more speed? Why do you give such a good deal to 400Gh units, but screw the little guys?

I'm sorry if this comes across as trolling, I am truly puzzled.

EDIT:
Some more numbers to make my point clear. Using 2.5 & 3.5 month shipping delay from today:

25Gh in 2.5 month breaks even in 248 days
25Gh in 3 months NEVER breaks even

Vs.

400Gh in 2.5 months breaks even in 37 days
400 Gh in 3 months breaks even in 47 days
Activity: 154
After the chips are delivered, will the delivery time/date for August Kit order be determined?
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
nice info dave,

so does tytus and punin source their pcbs and parts together from the fab? any infos on that?

regards

Not sure exactly what you are asking...most parts are sourced from the fab, we had to supply a handful ourselves though.  That will change as we refine our sources for parts, crosses, etc.
Activity: 882
Merit: 547
BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more
nice info dave,

so does tytus and punin source their pcbs and parts together from the fab? any infos on that?

regards
vip
***LOW STOCK WARNING***

I've got an accurate stock count for July 10pc Cut Tape stock.  I will have 210 chips left after I ship the current orders (stock arrives in a few days).  If you want chips this may be your last chance until October.  Tytus will use the remaining chips for production boards...
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
Hey if you want to pay with Dwolla, I added it as a payment method.  BitPay is still throwing an error after reinstall, so I filed a ticket.  Hopefully its an easy chmod issue or something.

Please vote in my poll for expedited shipping options, thanks!

Are these being shipped from Washington state?

BTW, can you also post a photograph of the backside of the h-board? thx.
Activity: 120
Hey Dave, would it be possible to get a look at the underside of the h-board? Curious to see how flexible it'll be to do custom heatsinks.

This is like an x-ray view through the top of the board, but it shows that we left all that space open with only a small section of components underneath.  Remember its looking through the top...
Thanks, that's excellent! Looks like doing heatsinks won't be a problem. Grin
vip
Hey if you want to pay with Dwolla, I added it as a payment method.  BitPay is still throwing an error after reinstall, so I filed a ticket.  Hopefully its an easy chmod issue or something.

Please vote in my poll for expedited shipping options, thanks!
vip
Hey Dave, would it be possible to get a look at the underside of the h-board? Curious to see how flexible it'll be to do custom heatsinks.

This is like an x-ray view through the top of the board, but it shows that we left all that space open with only a small section of components underneath.  Remember its looking through the top...

Activity: 120
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Does anyone know if any 3rd party assembly services are being organized for Bitfury chips in the states? Since it sounds like they're providing the board designs, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to put together...
Activity: 988
IRC Opened on Freenode #bitfuryusa
vip
So there are chips that are still available to order and will be shipped this week?

Inconceivable.

Is the CAD file for the h-card available?

Tytus' people sent me chips for the Tape & Reel July delivery orders.  I *think* he sent 100 for current orders, plus 150 more.  So yeah we are shipping chips!

For chip buyers we provide a Eagle format single-chip test board designed by Intron/Cscape.  It comes with .bld's and a .sch file that has actual engineering notes and instructions.  We can also provide Eagle files for our M-board/H-board design.

vip
Dave, I sent an email to support and haven't received a reply yet, so I'll ask here as well.

My lease is up soon and I plan on moving the first week of October.  Will you provide a process for changing the shipping address to accommodate this issue?

Thanks,
Dave
As long as the request to change addresses comes from the email address of the account that owns the order.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
So there are chips that are still available to order and will be shipped this week?

Inconceivable.

Is the CAD file for the h-card available?
Activity: 816
Dave, I sent an email to support and haven't received a reply yet, so I'll ask here as well.

My lease is up soon and I plan on moving the first week of October.  Will you provide a process for changing the shipping address to accommodate this issue?

Thanks,
Dave
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I just purchased 2 October full kits, Will one PSU be able to power both, and how do I get the PSU to turn on without being connected to a monther board?

thanks!

You can buy one of these http://www.robotshop.com/cytron-atx-power-supply-breakout-board-right-angle-2.html, ...

That's a really cool link.  Definite add-to-my-bookmarks kind of thing.
Jump to: