Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 233. (Read 576776 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
...  how do I get the PSU to turn on without being connected to a monther board?

thanks!

This was answered in depth back a couple of pages, complete with pictures.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I just purchased 2 October full kits, Will one PSU be able to power both, and how do I get the PSU to turn on without being connected to a monther board?

thanks!

yes, you are going to buy 1kW or more for psu will do it or better get more then later you can OC on it.
Activity: 327
I just purchased 2 October full kits, Will one PSU be able to power both, and how do I get the PSU to turn on without being connected to a monther board?

thanks!

You can buy one of these http://www.robotshop.com/cytron-atx-power-supply-breakout-board-right-angle-2.html, or just jump it by putting a paperclip in the right two pins, really easy I have 2 that have been jumped for over a year with a paper clip and electrical tape.

http://aphnetworks.com/lounge/turn_on_psu_without_motherboard_the_paperclip_trick
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

thanks!
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
Dave. When will you accept bitcoin payments?

He already does.  Select Bank Draft as method of payment and add a note that you want to pay in Bitcoins.  They will send you a Bitcoin Bitpay invoice.

Thanks for the heads up on that. It sounds familiar... maybe I read that in this thread Tongue

Another question for Dave:
On the megabigpower.com website, one image of the asic chip has print stamped on it that reads 5GHash.
The 16 chip hashing board has a product code "BF-25GHB" - seems to indicate it is 25GHash board.
The starter boards apparently w/ 16 chips are 25GH.

16 chips x 5GHash/chip = 80 GHash.

Why is the product code indicating a 25GH board, and all the other boards are 25GH boards?
What did I miss?

||bit

They already said that it's the name of the chip, not it's performance.

That's odd. Wonder how that happened. Maybe, they pulled a BFL in their design plan :/  But no worries... as long as they have good performance to price, that's all that really matters. If they have better power efficiency than BFL, that will be a bonus.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

He already does.  Select Bank Draft as method of payment and add a note that you want to pay in Bitcoins.  They will send you a Bitcoin Bitpay invoice.

Thanks for the heads up on that. It sounds familiar... maybe I read that in this thread Tongue

On the megabigpower.com website, one image of the asic chip has print stamped on it that reads 5GHash.
The 16 chip hashing board has a product code "BF-25GHB" - seems to indicate it is 25GHash board.

Why is the product code indicating a 25GH board, and all the other boards are 25GH boards?
What did I miss?

||bit

They already said that it's the name of the chip, not it's performance.

What did I miss?

||bit

Merit: 501

He already does.  Select Bank Draft as method of payment and add a note that you want to pay in Bitcoins.  They will send you a Bitcoin Bitpay invoice.
Activity: 297
Hi Dave,

Any possibility of 400 GH being only the floor?  I'm asking as October delivery is a long time away and with the other asic manufacturers out there  (BFL, Avalon and their chip sales, ASICMINER and their petahash goal by the end of the year, KNC Miner expecting to ship in September, and of course your 100TH project), someone buying your full kit now is still an extremely large gamble.  I was wondering if process improvements on the October batch will be made and allow faster speeds.  Thanks!
vip
Activity: 472

For 0.65V you need exactly 1K resistor for R01F.
For 0.70V you need 1.5K.

With 1K resistor I get 1.26Amps @ 12.0 V, so 15Watts for an h-board.

[edit] Remember, with 16 chips, soldering that higher value resistor will quickly max out the amps that the regulator can handle. 

Perfect. Thanks Dave!

My heatsinks are ready
You should post a how to and the results of your mod after you've done it. I know I'll be interested. Smiley

Its been done a few times with the single-chip test adapter.  Someone got over 3Gh/s out of it.  Not sure where that thread is now, but it involved a heatsink (on *top* of the chip) and a pretty aggro fan.  I think we will start to see hotter M-board compatibles in the near future.

That is pretty great that just replacing the backplane allows for some overclocking potential.

Not quite j - the regulator and input voltage resistor are on each H-card.  These are the bits you would focus on.  If its not obvious to everyone already, if you play around with OC and kill your boards, don't come cryin' ta me...
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
For bare chip buyers, we provide design files for Bitfury's single chip test adapter, which has schematics and instructions, as well as the reference design for the M & H boards we sell.

Dave - Can you confirm the single chip test adapter requires no onboard microcontroller/firmware programming?
Apologies if this has been mentioned prior …

EDIT: aah nevermind - I can see now that the RPi is being used to directly handle all the SPI stuff.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255

For 0.70V you need 1.5K.

[edit] Remember, with 16 chips, soldering that higher value resistor will quickly max out the amps that the regulator can handle. 

Perfect. Thanks Dave!

My heatsinks are ready
You should post a how to and the results of your mod after you've done it. I know I'll be interested. Smiley

Its been done a few times with the single-chip test adapter.  Someone got over 3Gh/s out of it.  Not sure where that thread is now, but it involved a heatsink (on *top* of the chip) and a pretty aggro fan.  I think we will start to see hotter M-board compatibles in the near future.

That is pretty great that just replacing the backplane allows for some overclocking potential.
vip

For 0.70V you need 1.5K.

Perfect. Thanks Dave!

My heatsinks are ready

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

For 0.70V you need 1.5K.

Perfect. Thanks Dave!

My heatsinks are ready
Activity: 434

For 0.70V you need 1.5K.

Perfect. Thanks Dave!

My heatsinks are ready
Activity: 434
When did the August delivery 25 Gh/s kit sell out?

Within 24hrs of the OP.

Merit: 500
When did the August delivery 25 Gh/s kit sell out?
vip
Is there a datasheet available for these chips?  I'm looking to start a board design that will push them a bit harder than the c-scape board.

Not so much a formal datasheet just yet.  I can provide pinouts and files for the test adapter that will give you instructions enough to get it going and overclock the chip.  There are also resources that are blogging/posting about their work:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitfury-is-looking-for-alpha-testers-of-first-chips-free-money-here-228677
https://bitcentury.io/blog/initial-testing-of-bitfury-asic

Hi Dave,
If you could provide the schematic section for the H-board power supply it would be very useful for those looking into overclocking.

H-board regulator is this part Texas Instruments TPS53355.  You can use it to OC the chips, but on the H-board 16 chips will max this thing out at .8v or so.

Thanks Dave. Is the standard reference design used as per the datasheet? I guess what I'd like to determine is which resistor to adjust, and the math which determines the output voltage (based on the formulas in the datasheet).

For 0.70V you need 1.5K.

vip
Can anyone (Or Dave) figure out the distance between mounted H-Boards?

I'm trying to figure out the standoff size.  

can give you the measurements you needs, currently designing a housing for it so if have got them.

hboard distance is 20mm

Hmmm...

I'm not sure how you calculated this, but my rough estimation is around the same number. Here is how I am guessing, please tell me if I made a mistake as my method is kinda rough.

I looked at the schematic earlier in the thread. Took 164mm, counted 8 slots (from the right side of the board), figured the distance between each slot looked to be about the same dimensions as the slots themselves and calculated (164/16 = 10.25). Then consider the measurement we want is the distance from middle of the slot to the next middle of the slot (minus the thickness the PCB) = 20.5 mm

So, are the PCBs .5mm thick?

If we're right and it is 20mm, that's great. However, if it's 19.75 or 20.25, after stacking 16 of these there will be problems.

slots are 20mm on center like FooFighter said.  Board thickness is .062 - subject to change -
Jump to: