Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 81. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
All my orders have shipped! ! Thanks Dave!  Grin
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Jared, just how did Dave manage to steal you from SUBWAY?  Wink

Subway?!?

http://www.jared.com/

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Jared, just how did Dave manage to steal you from SUBWAY?  Wink
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Jared has been working to improve the network configuration for these rigs.  Here's how it works now:

-on boot up, the card will get the dhcp range of your network
-it will then take the .249 of this range
-you'll find the updated web UI at this address
-there's a network config button at the bottom that will let you change the IP of the rig

Jared also added a shutdown button at the bottom of the web UI.  Use this before powering down - we find that SD cards survive a lot better this way.

More cards arrived today and more are going out Cheesy

Cheers,
Dave

Just to clarify a bit further... Hypothetical example...

You receive your mining rig, and your home computer's IP address is 192.168.2.104  (You can find this by going to start -> run -> type 'cmd' and press enter -> ipconfig )

You set it up.  Once it boots up, it **will take an extra 30-50 seconds to reconfigure the IP.**  Let me repeat that because it is going to trip someone up.  It should reconfigure its IP automatically for you, but it **will take an extra 30-50 seconds!!**  Someone over-eager might log in and start messing with it during this configuration process, but that might cause them problems that they would need to correct later.

When it boots up, for the first few seconds it will not be able to access the network.  Then it will work its DHCP magic, and voila!  It will move the rig to 192.168.2.249, matching your computer's scheme of 192.168.2.xxx.  For the vast majority of customers this means you won't even need to hook up a TV/monitor, although this script can't handle every possible network setup out there.  If you bought multiple rigs or you already have a device on *.249, it will search downwards until it finds an open(not pingable) IP and move it there.

After that point you should be able to modify the IP as you desire on the web interface.  If it hasn't reconfigured itself to a proper IP(*.249, *.248, ... etc) within 2 minutes, something went wrong with the script.  You'll need to connect a monitor/TV and check it that way.  If you send me the /home/pi/.ip_results.log file I can improve this system.

One final note, this **should** not affect any customers at all, but there are two compiled miner's in /opt/bitfury/chainminer/.  The one that is setup there and should be the only one that customers need to interact with is miner_customer(which should be equal to miner, you can check by doing 'cmp miner miner_customer' and it should not produce any output).  miner_warehouse is only used if the system detects that the miner appears to be in the 100TH mine warehouse(compiled identically, just looks elsewhere to get work from rather than the built-in stratums), which should not happen to any customers.

Let me know if you encounter any problems or bugs with the system.  We tested it on several different network setups before shipping it out, but there are so many different types of network setups that I can't possibly hope that it will work properly for all of them.

Jared
Activity: 317
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
Do the new M-boards have only two 6-pin power sockets and no other power input terminals? I'm uncomfortable having so much amperage flowing through these wires. My v1 rig with 12 H-boards is pulling only 400W from two PCIe cables and those connections are hot. I'm concerned about pulling up to 600W through the same kind of connection. Maybe I should desolder the 6-pin sockets and solder wires directly to the board?

I asked the same questions weeks ago on this thread...post 198

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287590.180
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
Do the new M-boards have only two 6-pin power sockets and no other power input terminals? I'm uncomfortable having so much amperage flowing through these wires. My v1 rig with 12 H-boards is pulling only 400W from two PCIe cables and those connections are hot. I'm concerned about pulling up to 600W through the same kind of connection. Maybe I should desolder the 6-pin sockets and solder wires directly to the board?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Update for v1 M board owners. If you want to use the latest build of chainminer with your version 1 M-board please do the following

a) Download chainminer master on your raspberry PI from github and unzip it
Code:
https://github.com/bfsb/chainminer/archive/master.zip
https://github.com/bfsb/chainminer/archive/master.zip

b) change line 6 in miner.h

Code:
  1 #ifndef MINER_H
  2 #define MINER_H
  3 #include "handylib.h"
  5 #define NDEBUG
  6 #define VERSION 1

c) make

Code:
cd chainminer-master
make
cd ..

d) move /opt/bitfury/chainminer

Code:
mv /opt/bitfury/chainminer /opt/bitfury/chainminer_v1_original

e) copy chainminer-master directory to /opt/bitfury/chainminer

Code:
cp -r chainminer-master /opt/bitfury/chainminer

f) mine with latest chainminer goodness  Wink

So I have updated the chainminer to the latest from github using these instructions and it seems to have gone well.  Boards started hashing again and it has been pretty stable for a week.  No hashrate increase to speak of and only a 2-3% decrease in HW errors.  Still that is better than nothing.  Thanks very much goxed.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I received notification that all of my October orders have been shipped!  Happy camper here.  Smiley

OOH ! What order numbers and what sorta gear you gettin' ? Woot !

Getting excited !

October Starter and extra H boards starting at 19x... Multiple orders.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I received notification that all of my October orders have been shipped!  Happy camper here.  Smiley

OOH ! What order numbers and what sorta gear you gettin' ? Woot !

Getting excited !
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Jared has been working to improve the network configuration for these rigs.  Here's how it works now:

-there's a network config button at the bottom that will let you change the IP of the rig

Jared also added a shutdown button at the bottom of the web UI.  Use this before powering down - we find that SD cards survive a lot better this way.

Cheers,
Dave
I have been using 'sync' command before turning off power. In my experience the file-system problems seem to arise because the ext4 partition on /dev/mmcblk0p2 gets corrupted time and again.

I work with embedded devices running Linux from SD cards. I recommend that you check if the partition is in ordered mode or write back mode (ext3 has it and I am guessing it is also a setting in ext4). It should be set to ordered more to prevent corruption (default is write back mode on ext3). Worth checking if you haven't.

By the way when is order #703 shipping out (my wife wants to know)?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

Cheers,
Dave
I have been using 'sync' command before turning off power. In my experience the file-system problems seem to arise because the ext4 partition on /dev/mmcblk0p2 gets corrupted time and again.
vip
Activity: 472

Cheers,
Dave
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Dave, I really hate being "that guy", but it is presently November 1st.

Could we please get a status update on our October orders ?

They really have to deploy the hardware to 200TH mine.   Otherwise, the stock will crash below 0.01 and never recover.

Avalon started selling their Gen2 chips.  Maybe they are the responsible party for recent spikes in network hashing power.
It is definitely not the retail miners.  All H/W sold right now is priced at loss.  

In any case, your October orders will never earn the BTC you paid.  Even now at $202/BTC.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
I'm measuring 600w to the power supply with a rig running at this rate.  PLEASE use two seperate PCIe power cables to power your rig.  Check cables for warmth - lets be safe folks!  Be careful trying to plug too many rigs into a single power circuit - 15 amps on a 15 amp breaker is NOT ok Tongue

Good point. Max of 2x 600w rigs on a 15 amp circuit, 3x 600w rigs on a 20 amp circuit.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Guys, we made good progress today, shipping all of the product we had available.  Tomorrow I expect to receive a mountain of stuff that was shipped through the week.  I'm not sure why it piled up to the end of the week, but we are all planning to work.  The shipping crew just left after prepping boxes for tomorrow morning's ship out.
They will then use the rest of Saturday, and all of Sunday to prep orders for Monday shipping.  I think we may have everything out by Tuesday or Wednesday.

A few things to note about these rigs:

-out of the box, a full rig will do between 550 - 600GH/s.  These boards are factory volted to .865v
-if you don't put solid airflow on them with fans, the cards will cycle - the regulators will get too hot, shut down, cool off, restart, etc.
-use the three case fan connections for sure.  A box fan will also help!

I'm measuring 600w to the power supply with a rig running at this rate.  PLEASE use two seperate PCIe power cables to power your rig.  Check cables for warmth - lets be safe folks!  Be careful trying to plug too many rigs into a single power circuit - 15 amps on a 15 amp breaker is NOT ok Tongue

The cards are very strong and so far very consistent.  There are still some EOL's and a few noisy cards too.

I really hope you are all really happy with these hot rigs!

Cheers,
Dave

Some power supplies have a heavier gauge wire for the pci-e cables. OCZ uses a heavy gauge. Silverstone, Evga and Enermax don't, at least on my power supplies. Given a choice I would go with a heavier gauge for doing something like this.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Are there any pics of the boards with the trim pots yet?  I am ready to go beyond the pencil if I can get 550+.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

I have 200 aluminium heatsinks waiting to slap all over my boards :X

What are the specs for the heatsinks?

14x14x7mm aluminium with thermal tape on back
vip
Activity: 472
Guys, we made good progress today, shipping all of the product we had available.  Tomorrow I expect to receive a mountain of stuff that was shipped through the week.  I'm not sure why it piled up to the end of the week, but we are all planning to work.  The shipping crew just left after prepping boxes for tomorrow morning's ship out.
They will then use the rest of Saturday, and all of Sunday to prep orders for Monday shipping.  I think we may have everything out by Tuesday or Wednesday.

A few things to note about these rigs:

-out of the box, a full rig will do between 550 - 600GH/s.  These boards are factory volted to .865v
-if you don't put solid airflow on them with fans, the cards will cycle - the regulators will get too hot, shut down, cool off, restart, etc.
-use the three case fan connections for sure.  A box fan will also help!

I'm measuring 600w to the power supply with a rig running at this rate.  PLEASE use two seperate PCIe power cables to power your rig.  Check cables for warmth - lets be safe folks!  Be careful trying to plug too many rigs into a single power circuit - 15 amps on a 15 amp breaker is NOT ok Tongue

The cards are very strong and so far very consistent.  There are still some EOL's and a few noisy cards too.

I really hope you are all really happy with these hot rigs!

Cheers,
Dave
Activity: 317
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

I bought a few of these guys: http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/4U/748/SC748TQ-R1200.cfm
lightly used from a local recycling place for $30/each, 1200W power supplies included, so the whole thing is now
rack mountable in 4U, little single included. With the case on it's quite clean.

The rPi controls the little single w/ cgminer; stratum proxy for chainminer runs on a remote host because it's much easier on the rPi that way.

A great deal indeed, I would have gone that route too if you were able to score a few of them.
Pages:
Jump to: