Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 164. (Read 825850 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 250
imho it's worth to read these 2 old articles for perspective on the Zynga rumours:

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2014/01/zynga-launches-real-money-poker-on-facebook-as-stock-plunges-17273.htm
http://www.coindesk.com/games-giant-zynga-playing-bitcoin/

I for one believe this is true, and makes absolute sense for Zynga, and a HUGE opportunity for viacoin adoption.
Nonetheless, for those who think this is a quick profit, I disagree. It's a patience game that can take months... but the potential reward is just as big.

To put things in a more technical perspective -
For those waiting for a Zynga press-release any day now, I have to say [from some experience], that i doubt if it will come soon.
The reason is not because of Zynga being a Public company, but rather due to-
a) Pete Hawley says that the goal is to provide [real-money] Zynga Poker on a global scale. In simple words, this means a bypass on US regulations... and while this may be achievable, i strongly doubt if any executive will run to the media and declare it. I'd expect them to first build it, and then declare and launch at once. Once the baby is born, it's easier to support it with the regulator.
b) Pete Hawley says - "the spinoff will...". Spining-offs are structural vehicles that require SEC filings, prospectus publication, legal and accounting structure, etc. It is not done in a day, and it normally is not "published" to the market before a draft filing is handed to the SEC.

To conclude- I believe it will happen... and I believe overstock will follow... and treechains will follow... but it will take some more time.
And traders with no patience will miss it, or they will find it hard to accumulate many viacoins because supply is short.
my 2cents.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
ok guys i have a really simple question. havent really been following viacoin development or the thread. from the bits im scraping off the thread, all i want to know is..

will i be able to use viacoin to play zynga poker on facebook? and if so, how soon?

my crystal ball says... don't gamble money away!

are you kiddin? i can turn 6k into 3mill on zynga in a matter of hrs lol

but from the responses i just think this is all just talk. until zynga tweets about viacoin this is just hype.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
@Zer0Sum, could you please stop advertising your nxt here. Thanks.

Just for the record, I'm going to start moderating comments that are OT or support requests. If/when people complain about this, ya'll know why. It's pretty clear in post #2 what the moderation rules are.

Also, guy, it's not necessary to quote ALL of every post you are replying to. You can edit some of it out so it's relevant to what you are reply to.
Activity: 448
@Zer0Sum, could you please stop advertising your nxt here. Thanks.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
meow

Zynga is a publicly traded company.  If anything is real there will be a press release.  I'm sure of it.
Good point. Thanks.

Any day now
legendary
Activity: 1064
Support requests by PM only.
Activity: 182

Zynga is a publicly traded company.  If anything is real there will be a press release.  I'm sure of it.
Good point. Thanks.
Activity: 644
Has the VIA/Zynga thing been officially confirmed yet?
Any hard-proof confirmation from either party?
I'm trying to keep track of all the rumor/updates here.

http://www.spookycoins.com/viacoin-zynga

-spooky

Activity: 182
Has the VIA/Zynga thing been officially confirmed yet?
Any hard-proof confirmation from either party?
I'm trying to keep track of all the rumor/updates here.

http://www.spookycoins.com/viacoin-zynga

-spooky

Activity: 258
Merit: 112
hey guys

we addad viacoin to our altcoin info / news site

have a look @ http://www.satoshis.guru/home/coin-news/viacoin/

network stats, trading / price stats will be added soon!

greetz
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I hope this dude at Zynga didn't buy any VIA or XCH for himself or we might see him dragged away in handcuffs. Zynga is a publicly traded company and now that the SEC is snaking there way into crypto, I guarantee something like that would hit an SEC investigators desk toot sweet.  Believe it.

Anyway, I bought some VIA just in case it's true.  I don't want to be left behind in a pump this good. Grin

Well, you can't use unregistered US "money transmitters" to service US Customers...
But VIA is offshore somewhere with no apparent US presence...
And I know Peter Todd is seriously paranoid about all things governent.

The comparison is really VIA versus NXT...
XCH and NXT Asset Exchange pretty much do exactly the same thing.

NXT is more refined and easier to use and has about 200 live assets...
So it has a clear edge right now...
But VIA could make up ground fast if Zynga is serious.

Don't forget about VIA's huge speed advantage which is a huge factor on what Zynga would use it for.

Well, my trade on CleaingHouse is still "pending" after 40 minutes...
Maybe that's why Polo is doing 20 times the XCH volume (5 BTC vs 0.25 BTC)...
But this will all get sorted out... and improve dramatically over time with elite Devs.

The orders your trying to buy/sell into are set by someone who isn't online. If i remember correctly, both parties need to be logged on to completely execute an order. But there are more details which I dont remember. Let someone who knows more chime in.

Ive also heard that sometimes an action will continue to say 'pending' even though it has been completed. Log off and log back in counterwallet solves that.
legendary
Activity: 1588
I hope this dude at Zynga didn't buy any VIA or XCH for himself or we might see him dragged away in handcuffs. Zynga is a publicly traded company and now that the SEC is snaking there way into crypto, I guarantee something like that would hit an SEC investigators desk toot sweet.  Believe it.

Anyway, I bought some VIA just in case it's true.  I don't want to be left behind in a pump this good. Grin

Well, you can't use unregistered US "money transmitters" to service US Customers...

Don't forget about VIA's huge speed advantage which is a huge factor on what Zynga would use it for.

Well, my trade on CleaingHouse is still "pending" after 40 minutes...
Maybe that's why Polo is doing 20 times the XCH volume (5 BTC vs 0.25 BTC)...
But this will all get sorted out... and improve dramatically over time with elite Devs.
Activity: 30

legendary
Activity: 1588

Activity: 58

In simple words, with many Zynga players using ClearingHouse (and other ventures / games following), I expect XCH's value to be driven by Metcalfe's law rather than just demand for tokens. In essence, it states that-
"the value of a telecommunications network is proportional to the square of the number of connected users of the system (n2)"

That makes perfect sense

How many millions of online worldwide Poker players are there ?

"Play Zynga Poker LIVE against 6+ million daily users. More than 60 million hands won daily. "
https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/zynga-poker-texas-holdem/id354902315?mt=8
Activity: 644

Activity: 840
Right, don't forget another way: https://clearwallet.co/
ple
Activity: 213
Activity: 443
Can I still burn Via for XCH?

No, the only way acquire XCH now is buying it either through someone selling on Clearwallet.co or here: https://bter.com/trade/xch_btc

edit:  I was wrong, there is also Poloniex (see below)
Jump to: